Chapter Nanatsu no Taizai 303 Discussion / 304 Predictions

What do you think it will be of Zeldris?

• He dies for sacrifice.

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • He will just join the fight and become friends with the goddess bros.

Votes: 34 50.0%
  • He gets a power up.

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Estarossa's Syndrome: he was never a demon (*insert random race*).

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Something else (specify in the comments).

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters

kai567

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
What? All jokes asides Zeldris isn’t a better written characater than Ban or Escanor, them two along with Meliodas are probably the three bet written characater in the manga, Zeldris is barely in the damn manga. And no, to us, the readers Meliodas and Liz came first. I don’t care if chronologically Zel and Gelda came first, not even sure if that’s the case.
Meliodas and escanor are far from being the best written characters in this series, what are you smoking? lol. I'd personally take derriere and monspiet over those two easily. Zeldris is far better written then mel and escanor and it doesn't matter which relationship we the readers seen first, the fact of the matter is that zeldris was seeing gelda before meliodas was seeing Elizabeth.

shipleyy

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Escanor is a bland character who’s main interesting point was his power. He’s merely a human version of Mael. The only thing interesting that’s left is how and why he had originally obtained the grace to begin with. He is only now being humbled down because the Sinner used Death Drive, literally blowing him out of the map.
Prior to this, he had little dialogue and when he did it was limited.
He has had no build up or tension in his fights and he was introduced to kill two of the commandments and rendered them useless in a matter of seconds. Awesome to watch, bland and boring from a story’s perspective. If this was a school, Escanor is just a giant meat head.

Escanor :
Merlin
I am strong
I am Escanor the lion sin of Pride. I am strong. I will defeat you.
Cruel sun
I am strong
I now do this for my friends, but I will beat you
I am strong
Arthur can’t wipe his ass
Cruel sun
Merlin Merlin Merlin

Ban is more interesting than he is most definitely, but he has been given the same treatment in reversal. Started off weak, now he is strong. Escanor was strong and is now weak.
Nakaba benched him for the purpose of this battle that we are seeing now, but it’s still a bit on the off side considering how the fight it being portrayed. As I said before; If Ban is going to fight, have him fight. This duality between him and Meliodas is not doing this manga any service and it’s obvious that most readers have dropped off because... well it’s just gotten weird.
Ludociel is still a tank and he’s been very interesting to watch. This whole fight would just be better if there was better focus on the fights, rather than scatter us across the physical world and mental/spirit/whatever you want to call it works.

BurlapJack

Reaction score
Country
American Samoa
For a low discussion thread, this week went by so quick, like where did the week go?

Well the weekends before a chapter are the longest anyway

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
What? All jokes asides Zeldris isn’t a better written characater than Ban or Escanor, them two along with Meliodas are probably the three bet written characater in the manga, Zeldris is barely in the damn manga. And no, to us, the readers Meliodas and Liz came first. I don’t care if chronologically Zel and Gelda came first, not even sure if that’s the case.
It is the case and this is a conversation for another thread

SkyJockey

Reaction score
Country
United States
Holy shit the power of friendship sure did a number on the DK. Also my opinion of the DK has not gone up.

DK: treats Zel like garbage and berates him for loving Gelda.

Zeldris turns on him.

DK: NANI?!

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Meliodas and escanor are far from being the best written characters in this series, what are you smoking? lol. I'd personally take derriere and monspiet over those two easily. Zeldris is far better written then mel and escanor and it doesn't matter which relationship we the readers seen first, the fact of the matter is that zeldris was seeing gelda before meliodas was seeing Elizabeth.
Please tell me how Derrière or Monspeit are better written characters in any capacity.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Meliodas and Escanor are one of the best written characters in the manga? Really? I strongly disagree with that.

Also according to chapter 271, Zeldris and Gelda came before Meliodas and Elizabeth.
Yes, please tell me who’re better written characters? And please don’t say Zeldris, he’s old Meliodas who took 200+ chapters more to step up to his father.

kai567

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Holy shit the power of friendship sure did a number on the DK. Also my opinion of the DK has not gone up.

Zeldris turns on him.

Lol, DK with the shocked pikachu face 😂

He gets more and more retarded with each chapter for some reason.

Estarossa173

Reaction score
Country
United States
Please tell me how Derrière or Monspeit are better written characters in any capacity.

Yes, please tell me who’re better written characters? And please don’t say Zeldris, he’s old Meliodas who took 200+ chapters more to step up to his father.
Off the top of my head: Ludociel, Gowther, Mael, Derieri, Monspeet, and Dreyfus are all better written than those two (at least, in my opinion).

Hell, I’d dare say that Jericho is better written.

Kinguxsloth

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Lol you guys debate the most useless debate if you like a character so just enjoy the character simple like that you are not gonna force someone to like or think something about your character the same way you do. BTW @MODS Isn't this Off-topic?
Create another thread dammit

revo

(๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)و
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Moderator Notice:

If you want to keep this debate, there are character threads for this kind of discussions. Don't get off topic on this chapter week.
~ revo

Geldax

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Zeldris turns on him.

He betrays everyone and is shocked when someone turns his back to him. DK is dumb as hell and that's why he will get destroyed. He has no allies anymore, unless SD helps him with unknown reason? Like they did to punish their children 3000 years ago.

mandark

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Zeldoris was pretty outraged about Estarossa's idea of eliminating the other Commandments, so I don't think he was for killing them. Him being uncaring about Estarossa due to his real identity doesn't necessary translate to him not caring about the others. After all, he allowed Drole and Gloxinia go without any trouble. Plus, given his arthority, there would have been no need. Zeldoris hasn't been shown to be that cruel or psychotic, instead he seems quite practical, willing to make deals even with his enemies to get what he needs.
correction he didn't know about his real identity before the revelation happened. And he himself said he didn't cared about him from starting or from the point when meliodas whispered magic words in his ears in Camelot.

Zeldris is just an opportunistic who doesn't care about enemy or even friends when it comes to attains his goals.

Rikudou King

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
United States
correction he didn't know about his real identity before the revelation happened. And he himself said he didn't cared about him from starting or from the point when meliodas whispered magic words in his ears in Camelot.

Zeldris is just an opportunistic who doesn't care about enemy or even friends when it comes to attains his goals.
I meant it might have been like with Cusack, with him feeling that there was something off but not realizing what. Zeldoris showed signs of not trusting him, like with his comment about the commandments, but he also tried to save him when Escanor blew him away and presumably brought him back to be healed. So Zeldoris may not have cared about him, but he didn't want him be killed either.

I disagree with the idea of him being an opportunist, because we haven't seen him take advantage of a situation for his own gain. If he was an opportunist, he probably would have pulled an Estarossa and stolen the commandments for himself. But instead, he was willing to put all his faith in Meliodas, to the point that he got beaten bloody just to ensure Meliodas succeeded.

BurlapJack

Reaction score
Country
American Samoa

Same could be said about ban , mel, and actually almost the entire cast

mandark

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
I meant it might have been like with Cusack, with him feeling that there was something off but not realizing what. Zeldoris showed signs of not trusting him, like with his comment about the commandments, but he also tried to save him when Escanor blew him away and presumably brought him back to be healed. So Zeldoris may not have cared about him, but he didn't want him be killed either.

I disagree with the idea of him being an opportunist, because we haven't seen him take advantage of a situation for his own gain. If he was an opportunist, he probably would have pulled an Estarossa and stolen the commandments for himself. But instead, he was willing to put all his faith in Meliodas, to the point that he got beaten bloody just to ensure Meliodas succeeded.
your interpretations are based upon the story or plot at that time

At that time we didn't even know that commandments can be taken out. But with the progression of the story and plot it can be easily interpreted that what kind of opportunist zeldris was. He saw the importance of keeping Estarossa alive at that point so he saved him and when he no longer required him as meliodas gave him a lollipop to attain his goals he left him to destroy himself and die to get the commandments easily.

what kind of brother set his own brother's path towards death? If he really cared about him so much ?

And he did it not only with Estarossa but meliodas also.

He is so hell bent upon satisfying his lust that he indirectly pushed meliodas to become as evil as the demon king and he doesn't even show a slight remorse about it. He doesn't realize that he might get the girl but his brother wouldn't get Elizabeth as she will die and they can never be together in the same world . Also he will kill himself to be with her. So he will basically sacrifice his brother to get some girl back who he knew for what 1% of his time with his brother . What a pathetic creatures. And Have you forgot it was zeldris who reminded Elizabeth of her past live and activated the curse? he was the reason that all this "i am gonna be demon king shit " started and probably started the current holy war.

Then again people cheer for zeldris X gelda. Now tell me what did he do to receive such cheering other than sacrificing comrades and his brothers ? Gelda should leave him if she is revived again and tell him to learn something from his older brother who went against the entire world for his lover or gowther who flunked an entire AA and whole Goddesses clan as a revenge for death of his lover and not just blindly follow daddy's order to beg for his power.

He is even lucky that meliodas didn't punish him for reactivating Elizabeth curse and escanor couldn't finish his attack due to chandler and thats all thx due to plot.

I will never consider zeldris to be best boy or cheer for gelda x zeldris as he doesn't deserve it or her.

Same could be said about ban , mel, and actually almost the entire cast
i may have forgotten about it or but can you please tell me when other cast except demon princes sacrificed comrades and each other to save their lovers.

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India

You can't blame Zel he thought all of them died when he called for them.

mandark

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
You can't blame Zel he thought all of them died when he called for them.
in chapter 247 he said galand , mesa n grayroad commandments are missing. He didn't explicitly said they were dead. Also in the entire conversation between him and meliodas der and mons where not mentioned once in Camelot when it was mel himself who defeated them and let them to live. So basically i have no possible answer or counter to your post all thx due to plot armour. But that doesn't change the fact of zeldris being indirectly responsible for their deaths

vkgoli

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
your interpretations are based upon the story or plot at that time

At that time we didn't even know that commandments can be taken out. But with the progression of the story and plot it can be easily interpreted that what kind of opportunist zeldris was. He saw the importance of keeping Estarossa alive at that point so he saved him and when he no longer required him as meliodas gave him a lollipop to attain his goals he left him to destroy himself and die to get the commandments easily.

what kind of brother set his own brother's path towards death? If he really cared about him so much ?

And he did it not only with Estarossa but meliodas also.

He is so hell bent upon satisfying his lust that he indirectly pushed meliodas to become as evil as the demon king and he doesn't even show a slight remorse about it. He doesn't realize that he might get the girl but his brother wouldn't get Elizabeth as she will die and they can never be together in the same world . Also he will kill himself to be with her. So he will basically sacrifice his brother to get some girl back who he knew for what 1% of his time with his brother . What a pathetic creatures. And Have you forgot it was zeldris who reminded Elizabeth of her past live and activated the curse? he was the reason that all this "i am gonna be demon king shit " started and probably started the current holy war.

Then again people cheer for zeldris X gelda. Now tell me what did he do to receive such cheering other than sacrificing comrades and his brothers ? Gelda should leave him if she is revived again and tell him to learn something from his older brother who went against the entire world for his lover or gowther who flunked an entire AA and whole Goddesses clan as a revenge for death of his lover and not just blindly follow daddy's order to beg for his power.

He is even lucky that meliodas didn't punish him for reactivating Elizabeth curse and escanor couldn't finish his attack due to chandler and thats all thx due to plot.

I will never consider zeldris to be best boy or cheer for gelda x zeldris as he doesn't deserve it or her.

i may have forgotten about it or but can you please tell me when other cast except demon princes sacrificed comrades and each other to save their lovers.
dam bruuh you do hate zeldris at lot

youngodin

Reaction score
Country
United States
16 pages of thread? What happened a couple months ago there were about 80 pages a thread.

Estarossa173

Reaction score
Country
United States
16 pages of thread? What happened a couple months ago there were about 80 pages a thread.
There’s almost nothing to talk about in this story now.

Well, at the very least, there’s nothing good to talk about.