Anime - Nanatsu no Taizai Anime announced | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Nanatsu no Taizai Anime announced

kidopitz27

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Re: Nanatsu no Taizai 74 Spoiler Thread

Holy Cow!! 7 Deadly Sins Anime :D the feeling when seeing it will be just like when i saw Magi becoming an anime series :D

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Nice news but imo a bit too early. We're only 74 chapters ahead. Going by the fact that it will probably start during autumn, I assume we'll have only +/- 94 chapters. They'll catch up too fast

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Sugita for Ban!

Sawashiro Miyuki for Diane!

I think it's too soon but it will be Nakaba' first manga adapted into an anime, he must be excited. I hope it will be adapted by a good studio.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Nice news but imo a bit too early. We're only 74 chapters ahead. Going by the fact that it will probably start during autumn, I assume we'll have only +/- 94 chapters. They'll catch up too fast
That probably won't matter, it probably will only air for two cour.

obamamania

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
No way just when we lost Magi we get this good news, I'm glad to see good mangas like this getting animes. Now give us an assassination classroom anime and I'll be happy for a very long time. I do see it as a tad early but I've seen worse. They could probably get a lot out of this, plus did it even mention when the adaptation is beginning?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Its definitely too early... they will catch up to the manga in a year. I guess there will be a lot of fillers here.

kidopitz27

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
if they catch up to the manga they will just have to add Gaiden Episodes :D

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Its definitely too early... they will catch up to the manga in a year. I guess there will be a lot of fillers here.
I don't think it will be a long running series.

kidopitz27

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
don't jinx it dude i don't want nanatsu to become like Gamaran where they will just kill off the main enemy because he's ill and end the series :(

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm of similar opinion. I guess a two cour show is pretty likely, but there already is enough material for that, even more so once the anime starts. Expecting anything more is asking for too much, long-running anime are a very rare case these days, and it's not like I would want that anyway. Rather give it 24 or so episodes, deliver quality, and get back with another two cour a year or two later. That would be the optimal treatment to me, but I guess only time will tell. A lot will depend on the studio adapting this, that's what I'm most curious about.

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

No way just when we lost Magi we get this good news, I'm glad to see good mangas like this getting animes. Now give us an assassination classroom anime and I'll be happy for a very long time. I do see it as a tad early but I've seen worse. They could probably get a lot out of this, plus did it even mention when the adaptation is beginning?
As long as the anime gets better treatment than Magi, I'm happy oba :D
And no, there's no info about when the anime will be released, that's probably going to be announced sometimes during the next few issues. The japanese love to reveal everyting bit by bit xD I highly doubt it will be summer though, fall (october) seems most likely. The longest I could imagine is winter, no later than that.

obamamania

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ah good, that was my point in that if we can expect the anime this fall or later that gives the manga a somewhat decent amount of time to move along. But I do agree with others that it may end up not running for a long unless they do ad fillers which are more acceptable for manga like this rather magi which can't afford to drift. But if they don't and end up catching up relatively quickly, I always prefer an open-ended conclusion such as what Magi had which leaves it possible to be continued later on however likely that may be.

Rica_Patin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
don't jinx it dude i don't want nanatsu to become like Gamaran where they will just kill off the main enemy because he's ill and end the series :(
There's no way in hell that would happen.
Gamaran wasn't very popular.
Nanatsu no Taizai is incredibly popular.
It's like comparing apples to oranges.

rampeg

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
and i hope it doesn't turn out like Beelzebub anime.......

maybe they should've cancel the anime adaptation for now, and wait until the manga reach chapter 150 ++ or something like that.

Samui

Reaction score
Country
Israel
If they do it season-by-season, then ending it with Byzel is a good idea (chapter 50)

By the time the anime starts, the manga will have 50 more chapters (assuming it starts in about a year), then 50 chapters will be about 25 episodes (two chapters per episode), that's another 25 chapters for the manga. They could maintain a gap of about 100 chapters.

Nico Brown

MH Senpai
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I just hope a good studio picks it up, so whichever studio did the Toriko anime PLEASE stay away lol.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm excited by the news too and can't wait to see it. I was initially apprehensive that the decision to greenlight this was too soon, but after reading many posts here and elsewhere, I guess if it's done OVA seasons( like SS Lost Canvas :bored), then we could get that quality without sacrificing the story with fillers or worrying about the anime quickly catching up with the manga.

I just hope a good studio picks it up, so whichever studio did the Toriko anime PLEASE stay away lol.
Toriko is done by Toei; same as OP. I've heard people on ANN wanting A-1 Studios to stay away from its picking it up lol.

obamamania

Reaction score
Country
United States
A-1>Toei, but A-1 definitely is not ideal for picking this up. But let's just wait and see...and cross our fingers.

Rica_Patin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I honestly am hoping for Toei.
I think that if they do it as a season by season series rather than a long-runner it could be amazing.

obamamania

Reaction score
Country
United States
I honestly am hoping for Toei.
I think that if they do it as a season by season series rather than a long-runner it could be amazing.
I'll hold you to that, especially using those two words in the same post =X I'm actually pretty satisfied with One Piece right now though, possibly because of how much I like that current arc, however I don't have a ton of faith in Toei in general to do something awesome in a smaller series like this. Toriko says hi.