1. The Animal Photography! contest is now open. Capture those beautiful creatures and share them with us.

Congrats to riki for winning the Short Story contes!!
  2. The first voting day of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  4. Nominate your favorites now!
  5. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Anime Nanatsu no Taizai Anime Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Nanatsu no Taizai' started by niichan, Oct 2, 2014.

1. niichan

niichan Crybaby

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Administrator

Germany
    Nanatsu no Taizai

[​IMG]

Episodes: Unknown
    Aired: October 5, 2014 to ?
    Producers: A-1 Pictures
    Genres: Action, Fantasy
    Director: Okamura Tensai
    Starring: Yuki Kaji, Jun Fukuyama, Sora Amamiya
    Based on a Manga: Nanatsu no Taizai

Synopsis:

The "Seven Deadly Sins," a group of evil knights who conspired to overthrow the kingdom of Britannia, were said to have been eradicated by the Holy Knights, although some claim that they still live. Ten years later, the Holy Knights have staged a Coup d'état and assassinated the king, becoming the new, tyrannical rulers of the kingdom. Elizabeth, the king's only daughter, sets out on a journey to find the "Seven Deadly Sins," and to enlist their help in taking back the kingdom.

2. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Mahesvara

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    Watched the RAW.

The VAs performance are good but I really dig Hawk's voice, it's easier to see the weapons of the Sins compared to the manga panel. This episode was pretty good, hopefully there won't be major drop in quality. The OP and the visuals are OK.

3. Olho07

Olho07 Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Brazil
    Did they spoil Escanor's sacred treasure?

Damn you, Nakaba, for giving in to pressure D:

4. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Mahesvara

Global Moderator

France
    It made one thing clear, Ban' s ST is not a rapier but a nunchaku.

Merlin's ST is a flying steel ball.(Reminds me of SBR)

The tip of Escanor's ST makes is like a spear but the handle is like a sword.

5. Olho07

Olho07 Registered User

Brazil
    Escanor's ST apparently is an giant axe

6. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Mahesvara

Global Moderator

France
    Now that I pay more attention it's true, an axe with a sword-like handle :oh

7. goldb

goldb 0 3 4 0 2

Administrator

United Kingdom
    One episode in, well done A-1. I want to watch the episode in subs so I can understand everything but I get the general gist of it from the manga. It does seem like they've ruined some things when it comes to the Sins, which is not good for me at all. I would like to believe they were just guesses on their parts but the art seems all too accurate and clear for it to be that.

The scenes with Meliodas groping Elizabeth were my favourite parts :eyeroll.

8. alchem1485

alchem1485 Registered User

Indonesia
    Hello guys, I am new here. I've watched first episode, and I think it's worth to watching. For manga reader, (yeah I know it just released first episode) did first episode amuse you? I mean, because it is adapted by A1, I have bad experience for their adaptation (*cough* magi and the other). If you think it's okay, I will hold my plan to read manga (will read manga after anime end).

9. btbtiu13041

btbtiu13041 Banned

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Vietnam
    I both read manga and watch anime.
    I have to say the first episode really adapt to manga so much. It's very great.
    I love the Opening and Ending song as well as the soundtracks in this episode.
    I'm so hype for next episodes.
    There are some translation mistakes in the episode 1: 1) Holy Knight instead of Sacred Knight. 2) The Dragon's sin of Wrath instead of Sin of Anger, Sin of Dragon.
    I'm really sad because: _ It only has 24 episodes :gwah. Don't know if there will be season 2??? But I enjoy this series so much.
    _ Until now, I heard that no company sign this anime :gwah:gwah >"< We have to wait some fansub group.
    It's really good idea to watch anime until it ends and then read manga. You should not read manga before watching anime because it can make you lose senses.
    Can you tell me how you feeling after you watched episode 1? ( in case you have not read manga yet) .

10. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Mahesvara

Global Moderator

France
    That's exactly because it's adapted by A1 that I am not optimistic but the first episode was good.

11. niichan

niichan Crybaby

Administrator

Germany
    I heard the only subs out are extremel bad, so I won't bother with that.

Really weird that neither an official nor a known unofficial group has picked the series so far, but I guess it's going to happen at one point. Maybe there even is a group already trying to give it a good translation and it takes longer because they can't simply use Crunchyrolls subs and edit them (at least that's how it's done surprisingly often).

12. btbtiu13041

btbtiu13041 Banned

Vietnam
    People who HAVE NOT READ THIS MANGA YET ( ALTHOUGH have seen the episode 1 ) , SHOULD NOT SEE this SPOILER.
    As you see in the first episode, Ban's Sacred Treasure is:
    [​IMG]
    Merlin's Sacred Treasure is:
    [​IMG]
    And Escanor's Sacred Treasure is:
    [​IMG]

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

I am very disapointed that no "an official or a known unofficial group has picked the series so far", too.
    This series is really good with me. I don't know other people's oppinion but sure that " The Seven Deadly Sins" is not bad.
    Hoping some group will get efford to translate this anime as good as they can.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  13. Nico Brown

Nico Brown MH Senpai

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

United States
    I heard that Netflix has apparently bought the rights to Nanatsu no Taizai anime instead of Crunchyroll and because of that we won't get an official translation out until Netflix puts it on their site in Spring 2015. Now hopefully I heard wrong but it would make some sense as to why there hasn't been an official group to translate it yet. So unfortunately worst case scenario, we may have to deal with just random fan subs until later next spring. :-_-

14. btbtiu13041

btbtiu13041 Banned

Vietnam
    That hurt me so much but it seems right

15. Olho07

Olho07 Registered User

Brazil
    Unfortunately? Most of the animes were subbed by these fansubs long before Crunchyroll ever existed.
    I really don't know why everyone becomes so dependant of groups like Crunchy.

Come on. Illegality is the deal!

16. Nico Brown

Nico Brown MH Senpai

United States
    Well I mean since Crunchyroll has popped up, its been a bit of a luxury for professional translations and it just sucks that the one series that isn't licensed by them happens to be Nanatsu no Taizai. Idk if you saw the current translation for episode 1 but there are a lot of errors and some text not even translated plus personal translator notes that are just irritating.

But I do appreciate the effort nonetheless.

17. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Mahesvara

Global Moderator

France
    I am really surprised to see that a popular manga like NNT is not licensed, they even licensed the manga.

18. Nico Brown

Nico Brown MH Senpai

United States
    Yeah its weird, I never heard of Netflix jumping ahead on a series before any other company had a chance so it may be something new they wanted to try with a series they see with potential. Still it sucks for us at the moment but if it means it'll be available on Netflix this upcoming spring I can see why they did it.

19. niichan

niichan Crybaby

Administrator

Germany
    Finally saw the episode today, some good subs are out! Thought that was pretty well done, a fine pace with enough tidbits of information/foreshadowing here and there to hype people new to the series. It looks like it's going to be a faithful adaption with good animation, I have some faith now. A1 Studios probably believes in the success of the series and is willing to put some money into the thing, or that's how it seems to be :zomg

Loved Hawk's voice btw :XD

20. Nico Brown

Nico Brown MH Senpai

United States
    Damn I just realized I haven't even commented on the actual episode yet. :lmao

I thought it was a very good adaption of the first chapter. The fight scene was great and reminded me why I really got into this series. Twigo looked hella strong until you realized at the end who the real strong people are. I like the way they portrayed Meliodas' power. Also Meliodas' VA was much better than I initially thought it would be and Elizabeth sounds perfect. Hawk was the best though. :zomg

They added a bit of filler in the beginning but I didnt mind it too much. The only discrepancy I saw was when they showed all of the Sins in their armors, a couple of the sacred treasures were different. Like Ban and Escanor have completely different weapons, whats up with that? We know that Ban's ST can't be that three pronged staff because he got it before he even joined the Sins. And Meliodas' dagger was different but it was still the same type of weapon.