1. New Week, New Contest!

Firstly, a new contest is up; for this week we have the Coloring contest, so be sure to get involved and showcase your skills in digital or hand coloring.

Secondly, voting for the Technologycontest is open, so be sure to vote for your favourite entry!
  2. Sign Up for the Scavenger Hunt is still open, so JOIN UP for fun hunting around the forum!
  3. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  4. The first voting day of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  5. We Never Learn, U19, Demon Prince Poro's Diaries, Hungry Marie, Dr. Stone, Robot x Laserbeam. Tell us what you think of the newest additions to the WSJ line-up HERE!
  6. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!
Get ready for the new Scavenger Hunt, sign-ups have already started, click HERE for more information.

Anime Nanatsu no Taizai Anime Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Nanatsu no Taizai' started by niichan, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Hendy

Hendy Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Brazil
    Im getting goosebumps with those endings. And, YEP! They're definitely fixing that season 1 ending. That vision Baltra had, explains how he knew that the commandments would awake, that takes us to the manga where he said to the sins about his premonition... But now we were able to see what he saw. And Fraudrin is already at Zhuhur Valley, we all know what happens next... Hyped for the next episode.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  2. baditz

baditz Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Indonesia
    damn last scene from Ep 3, its look like we have TC in last episode.

3. Meliodaf

Meliodaf Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

United States
    Still no subs for episode 3?

4. Incognitop

Incognitop Registered User

United States
    No, but my friend who knows Japanese watched the episode and no major revelations in this episode. It's mostly cutesy stuff with Diane and king.

The next episode appears to be the Gowther/Guila story.

Meliodaf likes this.
  5. Demonspeed

Demonspeed The Hierophant

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    Good that the final episode will focus on Gowther and Merlin. I was 99% sure it would be the case given their lack of screen time in these 3 episodes but the preview reassured me :nod.

6. Escanorzoldyck

Escanorzoldyck Registered User

Holy Britannian Empire
    So no vampires of edinburgh :emocat

7. Incognitop

United States
    It's ok. Escanor will get a cameo at the end of the episode. When the commandments get released and there's that earthquake, we will cut to a shot of escanor in his bar freak out for a second

8. Demonspeed

Global Moderator

France
    Finally watched the episode. I had low expectations TBH but that was a pretty good one. Diane was so cute! :wtf It reminded me how much I loved her in the past. I am indifferent to King but I found him likeable in this one and even rooted for him despite his denseness.

The adaptation of Hendrickson scene with Fraudrin was excellent too.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
    AiNana likes this.
  9. baditz

baditz Registered User

Indonesia
    but its happen in noon right now right? i mean all TC revive thing.

10. Demonspeed

Global Moderator

France
    When they return? I don't know.

11. baditz

baditz Registered User

Indonesia
    sory, i mean TC revive from the seal, its around noon right?

12. Meira

Meira Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Water Tribe
    No sub but If you want to know what's going on in ep3, someone on Tumblr was kind enough to post the translation:

Gallon likes this.
  13. Divine evil

Divine evil Registered User

England
    Decided to watch the anime my god I forget how annoying Elizabeth is her voice actress doesn't help either.

Escanorzoldyck likes this.
  14. Demonspeed

Global Moderator

France
  15. Gallon

Gallon Artichoke

Mangahelper

Fun Forum
    Nakaba is my cousin and he confirms Demonspeed's confirmation.

Anyway, glad we're getting a new season. I can't wait to see Galan's green and Dolor's blue bodies... oh, and Merascylla's pink and Estarossa's silver hair... and Derrierie and Monspiet...
    I mean, we'll likely see them in this last episode of Seisen no Shirushi, but you know, I want more.

kiriya and Hendy like this.
  16. Hendy

Hendy Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Brazil
    I really hope it is a second season this time. They are making this so unnecessarily shady, why won't they just announce that it is a second season, already? Or if it's just another special? People are confused as hell on the animes section.

Anyway, can't express in words how happy i am. Nanatsu definitely deserves a sequel.

17. Divine evil

Divine evil Registered User

England
    Saw the raw for episode so Merlin was the one gave the ring Vivian. It seems like the ring forces her to obey Gil.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  18. baditz

baditz Registered User

Indonesia
    Hahaha nope, we only see "black TC", fuck it, hate the tested.
    And in the end we see bar waiter in the cave, wonder who is that, he look so weak.

Escanorzoldyck likes this.
  19. Incognitop

United States
    Lol Meliodas tries to convince Merlin to wear the boar hat outfit because his customers are craving a "big sister" type, in addition to the cutesy young Diane and eliZabeth.

20. Demonspeed

Global Moderator

France
    Brief summary
    Before the OP
    They have less customers and Meliodas thinks about asking Merlin to work as a waitress at the bar, Gowther wants to because he likes the outfit but Mel doesn't want to. Merlin says she will accept if he tracks Gil to find the one stalking him.

The Three Misifits meeting
    Howzer meets his two friends after getting scolded by his dad, while they are walking both he and Griamore get hit every time they say something good about Gil and Margaret. Mel and Gowther notice traces of magic but get separated because of Pelio.

Gowther and Pelio
    Pelio asks who's Gowther and says he followed him because he was acting suspiciously, saying that he could be a criminal. Gowther reveals his name, Pelio doesn't take him seriously and says he is Meliodas. He asks Gowther to play with him and tells him to capture a cat who was on a roof. Gowther uses Rewrite Light on the cat then asks Pelio why his heart beats fast when he looks at his face, he reveals that Gowther looks like his mother who died recently and used to play with him, now that she is dead, his dad decided to move to another town with him. Gowther asks for her description then takes her form after that. Pelio hugs him, his dad comes and Gowther hides. He is confused because Pelio is crying even though he thought what he did was a good action, he says he will talk about this with Mel later.

Meliodas, Vivian and the Misfits
    Vivian hypnotizes one of the waitress and tells her to give an enchanted drink to Gil. The Misfits are talking about their bad(Howzer and Griamord) and good(Gilthunder) luck on the table. Mel appears and sips some of Gil's drink. Vivian appears, Mel spills the drink on her, she says it took her three eyars to make that love potion and uses the Fire Ball spell, but Mel reflects it using Full Counter with a spoon :XD.

Vivian's punishment
    Mel, Gowther, Gil and Vivian are in Merlin's research facility, Vivian is chained by chains which negate magic. Merlin asks Gil what kind of punishment he would like for her and she proposes to turn her 10 years older(because of her 10 years of stalking) or turn her into a frog.
    Gil refuses and says he can't resent her when he thinks that she did all of this because of love(Mel and Merlin find him too naive and Gowther reacts to the word love). He asks Vivian to leave him alone and she refuses immediately.

Merlin then uses the spell Curse Engage on her and asks Gilthunder to say "Remada/Lemada". She immediately starts to feel pain and Merlin begins to explain how the spell works. "Remada/Lemada" makes the one wearing the ring suffers as if all his/her body was being pierced. The same thing will happen if Vivian uses her Magic on Gil. And if she continues, the root on the ring will grow more and more until her death. Also, the ring can't be removed. Vivian calls her a demon(she is not talking about her race) and Merlin doesn't deny that. Merlin says she should have not helped the GHKs and talks about the TCs, scaring Vivian who thought only Red and Gray Demons existed. Merlin agrees to work as a waitress.

At the Boar Hat
    Merlin becomes the most popular girl of the bar and Diane feels defeated :lmao. Merlin wonders why they are so happy because her usual outfit is not very different. Mel compliments her and Hawk says that Elizabeth will get jealous. After this Meliodas compliments Elizabeth, saying that the waitress outfit suits her best. Mel says the three of them will sing and dance, which makes Merlin leave. While Gowther is thinking about the complex emotions of Humans Hawk finds him and says that they need more help because Merlin left. Both Gowther and Hawk appears in waitress outfit, the others are obviously not pleased.

Easily my favorite episode, not surprising considering my three favorite Sins were heavily featured. I know Meliodas can use Full Counter with anything but seeing him use it with a spoon was still impressive. Merlin seems way too OP with all these spells :XD( OP curse + another time control magic :o).

I can accept all of this as canon, but seeing the six Sins listening to Bartra's prediction annoys me, not sure if it contradicts the manga or not. This ending and the ending of the S1 are confusing, and yet there will be a S2 with A1 probably ignoring the contradictions, it would not be their first time. Can we say that it's semi canon or something?

Not a fan of Vivian's design in this episode.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
    Baum likes this.