Chapter Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 346 Discussion

LaserBeam

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
Well Mael had a immensely higher base PL, better light magic, regeneration etc etc but look how he turned out to be. So don't think Gawain being a human with his own magic with sunshine would be anyhow OP
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The sequel won't be coming out not less than a year from now
So you say mael wasn't broken?

I wouldn't be so sure about this the reason we cannot tell how strong mael was is because from the moment he got his powers back he only displayed a tiny portion of what he could and then... he gave the power back to escanor.
Like look if escanor who was weaker than hawk was capable of overpowering the dk himself well mael at probably his full potential would have been way more powerful than escanor that is ofc speculation unfortunately.

I think if gawain has some sort of power of his own it will depend on what that power is.
If for example: he has some sort of magic ability like for example multiplying the fire power of his own magic , some sort of full counter , maybe bending magic or even let's just say he has an ability that he is full immune to every magic there or whatever it is pretty much common sense if he will have the sunshine power on top on that as an extra power he is gonna be not only broken by broken beyond.

So broken that could even fight a deity lvl villain and overpowering it while going easy on him meaning holding back.. which goes again to the usual problem of messy balance , incorrect representation of the power scale and a lot of the usual problems that made all the action in the fights really awful.

The Prince of Darkness

Reaction score
Country
France
Well Mael had a immensely higher base PL, better light magic, regeneration etc etc
Wait... where does all that coming from ??
That all your headcanons.
Without his Grace he doesn't come even close to Ryudoshiel PL or anything...
Without the Sun Grace I wouldn't be surprised if he has the same PL or even lower than Sariel and Tarmiel.
Elizabeth is the best light user, followed by Ryudoshiel

Don't get me wrong, Mael is without a doubt the Strongest Archangel but saying he's the best at anything is just headcanon

Broly

Reaction score
Country
Germany
You literally just made up the headcanon that crazy strength meant original magic (even though you admitted that this was all based off of your own evidence and not fact which is the definition of a headcanon) and then try telling me that I made up something after providing manga scans and after literally someone else also agreed that you’re playing mental gymnastics and after I gave the exact reason as to how ban got injured...

Look here’s another question, did Estarossa or the demon king use hellfire on ban? No? Well then that’s why he was able to regen.

the crazy strength “interpretation” that I made is supposed to sound dumb because I’m showing how stupid it is to put your own interpretation on words that don’t confirm anything. In other words I’m doing exactly what you’re doing... You said crazy strength meant magic, I jokingly said it meant strength. You thought it was dumb because it defies common sense. Your interpretation also defies common sense. So yeah thanks for calling your own logic dumb, Einstein

Also Mel’s power level back then was anywhere from 32000 to 60000. He didn’t have his power sealed yet. How do I remember more about Mel than you do? Like is there anything else you wanna be incorrect about today?

Lastly, when Ban said that comment he didn’t even realize that Mel even had another magic power outside of full counter. He only considered it after the demon king commented on it so obviously he wasn’t referring to Mel’s OG magic. Otherwise he wouldn’t have been asking Mel about it
Now just answer this question for the sake of focus & clarity:
Is this "Ominous Nebula"?

Wait... where does all that coming from ??
That all your headcanons.
Without his Grace he doesn't come even close to Ryudoshiel PL or anything...
Without the Sun Grace I wouldn't be surprised if he has the same PL or even lower than Sariel and Tarmiel.
Elizabeth is the best light user, followed by Ryudoshiel

Don't get me wrong, Mael is without a doubt the Strongest Archangel but saying he's the best at anything is just headcanon
It is very likely that before Mael joined the 4AA, Elizabeth could have been the holder of the Sun Grace?
That could explain why she was able to make Meliodas experience a "world of pain" as he said. I'd like to see her in a flashback using the Sun.

MrSchmitty7

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Now just answer this question for the sake of focus & clarity:
Is this "Ominous Nebula"?
Is Meliodas Zeldris? No? So why act like the two operate in the same fashion?

Now answer me this: Can King use 4 spirit spears if he doesn't have his full winged form? No? Same way that Mel probably can't use his DK magic without having his DK form because the two are linked. The form is what channels his magic. Without it he most likely cannot use DK tier magic. The two are linked. You can't have one without the other

Look tbh I really don't care how many manga pages you post by this point. Zel said Mel's magical power was the form. Just because you're too stubborn to accept it doesn't change what Zel said. You trying to work around Zel is pointless- it's not gonna change what was canonically stated. It's like me trying to say that Gilthunder is stronger than Elizabeth because Gil tanked ON while goddess Elizabeth couldn't.

Honestly this is just like last time. I told you that Mel said that Chandler taught him how to fight. You said no that didn't happen. I gave you a manga screen shot of chandler literally saying it and what did you do? Oh thats right, you made up some DBZ excuse about how Mel already knew how to fight and how chandler was just extra help.

Broly

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Is Meliodas Zeldris? No? So why act like the two operate in the same fashion?
They were in the SAME situation I guess, and everyone, except you, knows that. Zeldris absorbed the 10C, and ended up being possessed by his dad in the SAME way that happened to Meliodas.
Once again, IS that "Ominous Nebula" itself or not?

Now answer me this: Can King use 4 spirit spears if he doesn't have his full winged form? No? Same way that Mel probably can't use his DK magic without having his DK form because the two are linked. The form is what channels his magic. Without it he cannot use DK tier magic.
Didn't Zeldris use "The Ruler" without DK form???

MrSchmitty7

Reaction score
Country
United States
They were in the SAME situation I guess, and everyone, except you, knows that. Zeldris absorbed the 10C, and ended up being possessed by his dad in the SAME way that happened to Meliodas.
Once again, IS that "Ominous Nebula" itself or not?
Dude no they are not the same. That directly goes against what the manga already stated. It turns the body of the person into the vessel of the DK, but it does not make them the same by any means. Thats why the DK was always after Mel's body because the two were different. Mel naturally was a stronger vessel with his own traits. The only thing that gets kept the same is that they eventually gain access to the ruler

Didn't Zeldris use "The Ruler" without DK form???
No. He gained access to the ruler once he powered up to a form that was compatible with his magic. Mel noted that his current form was not compatible with his magic and therefore he couldn't use it originally. Thats how Elizabeth's ark hurt him

Broly

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Mel naturally was a stronger vessel with his own traits
This is pure headcanon. Still, could you explain what do you mean by "a stronger vessel with his own traits"? I've never heard such thing in Nakaba's work! o.O

MrSchmitty7

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is pure headcanon. Still, could you explain what do you mean by "a stronger vessel with his own traits"? I've never heard such thing in Nakaba's work! o.O
It's flat out true... That's why the demon king never made Zeldris his vessel. Chapter 312 "To be honest, I'd been concerned that his performance would be inferior to Meliodas, but its not half bad"

Literally thats why the DK wanted Meliodas. Obviously their bodies are different.

Last edited:

Broly

Reaction score
Country
Germany
No. He gained access to the ruler once he powered up to a form that was compatible with his magic. Mel noted that his current form was not compatible with his magic and therefore he couldn't use it originally.
What form?! Zel DID actually use while being his first demon mark to get out of Mel's darkness, but it didn't work against him:

It's flat out true... That's why the demon king never made Zeldris his vessel.
The fact that Meliodas is naturally stronger than Zeldris has nothing to do with our debate. The DK possessed Mel and we got this form:

And he did the SAME to Zeldris and we got this:

Yet, you insist that the former IS Mel's innate magic (despite having no name), whereas you deny the latter to be "Ominous Nebula"!
You keep just recycling headcanons here and there!

MrSchmitty7

Reaction score
Country
United States
What form?! Zel DID actually use while being his first demon mark to get out of Mel's darkness, but it didn't work against him:
When the demon king possessed Zeldris, before he regained his full strength Mel stated that he could not use the ruler because the body was not compatible with his power as of now.

The fact that Meliodas is naturally stronger than Zeldris has nothing to do with our debate. The DK possessed Mel and we got this form:

And he did the SAME to Zeldris and we got this:

Yet, you insist that the former IS Mel's innate magic (despite having no name), whereas you deny the latter to be "Ominous Nebula"!
You keep just recycling headcanons here and there!
Dude your logic only works if you assume that Mel and Zel operate in the same fashion. And why do you keep saying I'm making headcanons. Zel already said Mel's dk form was his magic. You won't even comment on that. (But still expect me to answer your questions first).

Broly

Reaction score
Country
Germany
side note; groping your wife in front of your very underage child? what?
What if the brat was peeking at them in their bedroom? :XD

Zel already said Mel's dk form was his magic. You won't even comment on that. (But still expect me to answer your questions first).
The word "magic" in NNT doesn't always mean the "ability". It can also mean the "energy/mana/chi"!!

MrSchmitty7

Reaction score
Country
United States
The word "magic" in NNT doesn't always mean the "ability". It can also mean the "energy/mana/chi"!!
Call it whatever you want lol. If Mel wasted all of his magic, he can't use it anymore. When you thought that Escanor stored power and blew all his magic you said that he couldn't use the full power of the one anymore. Or are you gonna change your stance now?

Broly

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Call it whatever you want lol. If Mel wasted all of his magic, he can't use it anymore. When you thought that Escanor stored power and blew all his magic you said that he couldn't use the full power of the one anymore. Or are you gonna change your stance now?
I didn't make any claim about whether Meliodas can use his magic now or not! My statement was clear from the beginning: We haven't yet seen what Meliodas' OG Magic IS or what it can do ... we don't know even its name!!!

MrSchmitty7

Reaction score
Country
United States
We haven't yet seen what Meliodas' OG Magic IS or what it can do ... we don't know even its name!!!
His OG magic is the destructive power that he used to destroy the curses. It wasn't named probably because Nakaba never bothered to name it because it was only going to be used a total of four times.

The demon king magic is gone from his body and as a result, so is the form and the attack power.

Broly

Reaction score
Country
Germany
His OG magic is the destructive power that he used to destroy the curses. It wasn't named probably because Nakaba never bothered to name it because it was only going to be used a total of four times.
Oh Really? The Ruler, Ominous Nebula, & Flash were used less than four times, yet Nakaba gave them names and explained how they work on the top of that!

MrSchmitty7

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh Really? The Ruler, Ominous Nebula, & Flash were used less than four times, yet Nakaba gave them names and explained how they work on the top of that!
Ironically 3/4 graces were used before they ever had names. If you watch the 10C vs 4AA fights they were never named. Ironic isn't it. It was nearly 100 chapters before we got their names. Maybe if Mel's magic lived to 100 chapters it would've been named. Zel's borrowed magic also wasn't named before being used as well. That took about another 100 or so chapters

Kingofkings

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Can anyone tell me where it says Tristan will be the protagonist of the sequel? I thought it would be Arthur, Nakaba said he would do the sequel with him some time ago