1. The Animal Photography! contest is now open. Capture those beautiful creatures and share them with us.

Congrats to riki for winning the Short Story contes!!
  2. The first voting day of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  4. Nominate your favorites now!
  5. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Special Nanatsu no Taizai Events - POPULARITY POLL #2 - NOW OVER!

Discussion in 'Nanatsu no Taizai' started by Gallon, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Gallon

Gallon ARFichoke

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Mangahelper

Fun Forum
    Hey, peeps!

Nanatsu no Taizai events are finally being brought to life!
    Yep, events... monthly, to be exact!

You may be wondering how this is going to work out, so I'll give you a brief explanation:

- These events will be held monthly - in order to avoid the lack of participation, but also redundancy.
    - The epicenter of these events will be you - you will be the ones to suggest the topic of the upcoming events!
    - The thread will be open to suggestions for one week - so that there is enough time for everyone to express his/her thoughts.
    - Voting for your favorite topic will be accessible for three days (through a poll) - the one with the most votes at the end is chosen.
    - The event is held and the winner is selected - UNLESS the event holds uncompetitive content such as a popolarity poll.

I hope you'll enjoy these! :)

Sincerely,
    Gallon.

----

You can start posting your suggestions below RIGHT NOW!

P.S.: This information is NOT set in stone; it may go through some modifications.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
    gnut and Demonspeed like this.
  2. eefrit

eefrit I'm Dirty Dan!

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Mangahelper

United States
    This is like your favorite something or another? Or is it a Tournament Event?

If it's just a general event, I think something like an Award thing would be cool. The Claymore threads had one and it was pretty fun.

Here it is.

https://mangahelpers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/1017-Claymore-Awards

With a bit of re configuring, I think it could work for Nanatsu no Taizai.

We could add Favorite Holy Knight, Favorite Armor, Favorite Weapon, Favorite Power, and other stuff like that.

gnut, Gallon, Holt and 1 other person like this.
  3. Gallon

Gallon ARFichoke

Mangahelper

Fun Forum
    Adding Awards is beyond my power, so I'm not certain; I'll probably have to ask Goldb about this one. If he concurs, why not?

A bit of both, really; it can be anything as long as it is entertaining.
    That's a good idea.

4. Incognitop

Incognitop Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

United States
    Maybe a popularity contest, but in a March-Madness style bracket. Take the top 16 most popular characters (according to Nakaba himself, i remember he had an official poll in one of the chapters a few months back) and give them ranks 1-16 (King-1, Ban-2 so on and so forth). Participants submit their bracket, and after the submission there matches are voted upon until the bracket is finished. Whoever had their bracket right, or has the closest to correct bracket wins.

[​IMG]

Gallon likes this.
  5. Gallon

Gallon ARFichoke

Mangahelper

Fun Forum
    I don't quite get that... Can you please elaborate?
    What kind of voting? Correct as to what reference?

6. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Mahesvara

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    A popularity contest between two characters, the winner goes to the next round and so on.

7. Incognitop

United States
    4 different voting events. Matches 1 thru 8 are voted on at the same time, then matches 9-12, then 13-14, and then finally 15.

you would submit something like this.

[​IMG]

In terms of winning, you get 1 point for every matchup you guess correctly from matches 1 thru 8, 2 points for matches 9-12, 3 points for 13 and 14, and if you guess the champion right, you get 4 points.

8. Gallon

Gallon ARFichoke

Mangahelper

Fun Forum
    How is the winner (the member, not the character) determined, though? This appears to be efficient only when it comes to finding the most popular character.

Is the winning character determined by strength or popularity? Either of those would yield pretty pedestrian results, as most submissions would be similar.

9. Incognitop

United States
    The winner can be determined by any number of ways. A poll would be the easiest solution then.

Winning character can be determined by anything you want: strength, popularity, relatability, cuteness, whatever you want. If you think the results are too pedestrian (i.e. everyone submitting similar results), what you can do is have the tournament be about someone else's choices.

For example, we could have "Gallon's favorite character tournmanet" where you pick your top 16 favorite characters, and fill out a bracket with your own personal choices. Then we try to guess your favorites (essentially trying to get as close as possible to yours as we can). Something like this could also add in a bit of depth, where we search through your old forum posts, seeing which characters you happened to like.

Edit:

it's fine if this is too unrealistic to do. I get it.

Another idea i had for a mini tournament is a "Mini-art Contest" where you have 30 seconds to draw a Taizai-related picture in MS-paint or whatever program, and then the funniest/well-made one wins. (The 30 seconds don't have to be strictly enforced, it's only there because this would not be a real drawing contest, just a fun event everyone can participate in, even if they are not artisitic.)

10. Gallon

Gallon ARFichoke

Mangahelper

Fun Forum
    I see... I wouldn't want this to revolve around me or another person alone, though. However, I do like your idea when it comes to popularity; it's a somewhat peculiar but interesting method.

I do like your Mini-Art Contest suggestion quite a bit. It'll be troublesome to set an exact timer, but we could do a "draw the funniest picture in a day?" type of thing? Let me know what you think.

11. Incognitop

United States
    Yeah the time limit is irrelevant, just so long as everyone knows it's light hearted

12. Gallon

Gallon ARFichoke

Mangahelper

Fun Forum
    Come on, peeps! We're expecting more suggestions.

13. overlordpringerx

overlordpringerx Registered User

Spain
    Well, maybe a survey of what character interactions are the best, like Ban and King, Mel and Ban, Mel and King etc.

Gallon likes this.
  14. gnut

gnut Registered User

United States
    Maybe taizai haikus?...
    Fanfictions....

Gallon likes this.
  15. Gallon

Gallon ARFichoke

Mangahelper

Fun Forum
    I've been thinking about that for quite some time now, but I'm unsure whether it's too outlandish.

16. gnut

gnut Registered User

United States
    set a date....say saturday the 26th...haiku with a diane theme for example.
    then until the next time the poll is open for voting to give other members a chance to vote.

as far as a fanfiction....probably would have to be a week long or even month long thing:XD

17. julymarte

julymarte Registered User

Italy
    i wish i could write in english :°D

18. Gallon

Gallon ARFichoke

Mangahelper

Fun Forum
    Give it a shot; every opinion is valuable.

---------- Post added September 30, 2015 at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was September 25, 2015 at 08:23 AM ----------

Hey, guys!

The poll regarding the suggested events (and a popularity poll option) has been added!

You may notice that the Claymore-like Events, a suggestion made by eefrit, are nowhere to be seen. This is due to our decision that these events will not be of a huge scale for the time being, although this may change in the future. That being said, there will be no awards, at least for now.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this!
    Oh, and don't forget to vote!

Peace!

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

It's decided, peeps! The upcoming event will be a popularity poll!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
    Demonspeed and gnut like this.
  19. eefrit

eefrit I'm Dirty Dan!

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Mangahelper

United States
    I'm pretty sure Ban's going to win, but it'll be interesting to see the runner ups.

20. Gallon

Gallon ARFichoke

Mangahelper

Fun Forum
    I'm going to allow multiple choices, as we have a paucity of members right now. I doubt it'll change much, but yes, it will be nice to see the runner ups.