Hangout - Mokushiroku no Yonkishi Hangout Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France

Nanatsu no Taizai
By: Nakaba Suzuki
Genre: Action, Comedy, Shonen, Supernatural
Serialized In: Weekly Shonen Magazine

Don't be fooled by the title, the 7 deadly sins are powerful beings who tried to make a coup 10 years ago and are wanted by some holy knights since then. But these holy knights may not be the good guys they pretend to be and the seven warriors may be the ones that help save the country.
Add a princess in distress, a talking pig and a typical shonen boy hero and you have quite a good first chapter. I won't say it is very original and the revelations of the end were quite obvious, yet it was fun to read with good humor and flashy actions so I'm looking for the next chapters

By the Mangaka of Kongou Banchou

Last edited by a moderator:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Re: [New] Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

Read the first chapter and it does appeal me. The concept itself is generic but interesting. The basic importance of a first chapter: is a setting with potential well introduced? I would say, I will read the second chapter which will determine the pace, etc

And the art reminds me somewhat of dragonball x arago tbh

Galactic Tomahawk

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada

First chapter was alright, I think there's a lot of room for improvement but I liked it enough to keep going for now.

I'm always impressed by how much range Suzuki has though, it feels like almost all his manga have been completely different.

cearon

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Turkey

read the first chapter cant say i am overly impressed but need at least 5 chapters in my opinion to make heads and tails. might suprise thou i am not holding my breath about it since didnt get that wibe.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

The second chapter was good but nothing more. You can not judge the story yet because it is just beginning. The hero is the observing, listening type and he acts on what he sees and hears.

I don't believe that the current villain is already a holy knight. He's probably a stronger opponent but if the holy knights are the strongest then, like the deadly sins, they will appear later. Or it must be that in the current hierarchy there are things stronger than the holy knights

MattC302

Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

Chapter 3 was good. That was one helluva spear throw. Fights in this manga have the potential to get ridiculous. Imagine how things will be when the fights get serious.

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France

Maybe the author wanted to draw crazy battles that badly that he did them immediately in case the manga was cancelled too soon :-)
I don't know how it can go on the long run but so far it's part of the charm of the manga. The only thing that annoys me is the girl though.
Judging by the title of next chapter it seems a new sin will appear. I wonder if it will be a kid too

MattC302

Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

Maybe the author wanted to draw crazy battles that badly that he did them immediately in case the manga was cancelled too soon :-)
I don't know how it can go on the long run but so far it's part of the charm of the manga. The only thing that annoys me is the girl though.
Judging by the title of next chapter it seems a new sin will appear. I wonder if it will be a kid too
What's wrong with Elizabeth? I think she's likeable enough for what we know of her.

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France

Well she looks a bit to much like hundredth of others shonen girls. I mean the princess in distress, the clumsy waistress... so far I miss something that catch my interest in her

MattC302

Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

Well she looks a bit to much like hundredth of others shonen girls. I mean the princess in distress, the clumsy waistress... so far I miss something that catch my interest in her
I guess I can see what you mean, but at least this way she has a lot of room to grow. In this chapter alone, she almost lost her confidence, but reaffirmed her goal. So I'll only have a problem with her if she stays exactly this way throughout the course of the entire manga. And better this than she be a tsundere or little miss perfect.

cearon

Reaction score
Country
Turkey

any1 catch the camelot and arthur thing on the bar scene? do you think this will turn in to another retelling of king arthur or do you think it was just some sort of humor from the mangaka?

Galactic Tomahawk

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Chapter 3 was cool.

I agree about Elizabeth though, she isn't all that interesting so far. Hopefully she gets some interesting character development as it goes on.

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France

any1 catch the camelot and arthur thing on the bar scene? do you think this will turn in to another retelling of king arthur or do you think it was just some sort of humor from the mangaka?
To me it was more a joke since it was supposed to be random conversations but who knows.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Chapter 3 was cool.

I agree about Elizabeth though, she isn't all that interesting so far. Hopefully she gets some interesting character development as it goes on.
Well, I expect that to happen. Check FT's first chapters and you have the same issue with Lucy

I loved the spear part. It was awesome to see how Meliodas (?) handled it. The difficulty he had to overcome was pretty cool to see. You knew that he would be able stopping the spear but when, when, when... Anyway, it is an adventure manga because they have to find the other deadly sins

---------- Post added November 20, 2012 at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was November 17, 2012 at 10:23 AM ----------

The second deadly sin has been introduced. It is a woman but she is a giant :) I am liking this manga, you can feel it has more potential since it feels less generic. I wonder if the lord prefix is an expression towards the legendary status of the deadly sins or if they were real lords. It is telling a story and the adventure might become more intriguing. It was funny how meliodas handled all those fake Elizabeth.

Last edited:

MattC302

Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

Funny if not a little bit slow chapter. I wonder how long this manga can last on this premise? We are on the fourth chapter and they only need to find 5 more of the 7 Deadly Sins. Then I guess they will fight the strongest of the Holy Knights and take back the kingdom. Well, Kongou Banchou expanded beyond it's initial premise pretty well, so I guess the author can do it for this manga too.

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France

Well it's normal that the first ones are found rapidly, the next will depend on the success of the serie.
But we have to be sure she is a sin in the first place. Diane doesn't seems to be a name from the list...

MattC302

Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

Oh, yeah. I guess I just assumed she was one because of the tattoo.

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France

Well there is few chance that she isn't one.
Also we have Elizabeth who feels something a second time. I guess the princess has some royal hidden power after all

---------- Post added November 24, 2012 at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was November 20, 2012 at 10:26 PM ----------

So the suspense was cleared :-)
This chapter was very funny that's quite an unusual female character.
The flashback was intriguing, it's no wonder nobody could recognize them with such bounty posters. Still it is hard to believe 10 years have passed, they barely have changed.
Also I wonder why Diane surname is a real deadly sin name (envy) while Meliodas one is not.

Galactic Tomahawk

Reaction score
Country
Canada

I'm actually enjoying the slow pace, I like that its focusing more on the adventure aspect than battling right now.

And there's also finding the traitor and figuring out what happened on the night they were framed, so I'm guessing that'll come once they've found everyone.

cearon

Reaction score
Country
Turkey

this is the 1 chapter i actually enjoyed on this manga. suzuki decided to spice things up after 4 long drags of chapters. i liked dianne and her reactions. thou still not sure to have 2 bimbos. i hope the traitor angle will be a little different than the classic shounen routes. a) the culprit actually tried to help melio. so struck him b) s/he joined the holy knights cause he wanted power blah blah... will keep this about 3 more chapters for now since this still hasnt gave me the same satisfaction banchou did.