Nature is calling!神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
- Apr 30, 2012
- Reaction score
A few other things (not everything is in the interview):
- When he started the story, only Meliodas and Elizabeth's story was clear in his mind. For the others, he developed their stories along the way.
- Meliodas's sometimes dumb and perverted attitude was to hide what he knows about Elizabeth to the readers.
- Ban wears red to hide the blood spilling from his injuries and the blood of his opponents when he is fighting.
- His editor didn't want Diane to be a giant but Nakaba was stubborn and he accepted.
- He wanted an honest, frank and upright character when he created Diane.
- He tried to make King the purest and most innocent character.
- He really likes the two main pairings (Melizabeth and Kiane).
- Arthur and Merlin were supposed to appear much earlier and be more relevant but there was a change of plans.
- The second Byzel tournament was his editor's idea.
- It was interrupted because of the huge cast. He said that without interruption it would have taken him two years to complete it.
- He likes tournament arcs in shonen and thinks they are not as common nowadays.
- His most memorable fight in the manga is Meliodas VS Ban (in the first tourney) and then Escanor's fights.
- He delayed Escanor's introduction because he would have been too strong for the first saga.
- Among the Sins, Merlin is "special" (he is referring to her role there).
- He used to offer a drink to his editor first during their meetings so that he would accept his ideas more easily, but it had the opposite effect. His editor realized it later and now they drink after discussing about the content of the chapters.
- He doesn't believe he is a good artist. But the pages the most memorable to him are the ones where he introduced Arthur with his army. He spent a lot of time and energy on them and started drawing them during New Year's Eve to complete them January 1st.
- Zeldris's hairstyle is inspired by Akira Kongou.
- Japan really likes to ask him questions about Fairies and he finds it strange, he was expecting more "spoilerific" questions.
- In page with the three Demon "Brothers" there was a hint about Estarossa's true nature.
- His favorite series are Kinnikuman, Dragon Ball, Captain Tsubasa, Hokuto no Ken. With Kenshiro as his favorite character( he seems to like his fights in particular).
- He is fond of action movies.
- He drew everything he wanted and found the ending satisfying.
- The unresolved mysteries were saved for the sequel.
- When he finally got time to visit France(near the end of the manga), the pandemic happened and ruined his plans. He wants to visit France and buy good wine there.
It makes me wonder if he isn't going to kill them in MNY. I thought about potential death of the Sins in this sequel before since they are threats because of their strength and to me, Meliodas, Ban and Gowther had the highest chances to die. Jericho is Lancelot's master too...1. I can see that. While I don't care for how Escanor was used to progress the story, it felt pretty clear that Nakaba had a story in mind for him.
2. Jericho is an interesting character, but I doubt I would've missed her much. Her story petered out after Elaine came back into the picture, which was unfortunate. Gowther dying would definitely affect me more, but by how much would have depended on whether or not he kicked the bucket before or after the whole Mael reveal. Before? I'd have been salty as hell. After? He'd have been better off.
4. Also good. Pretty much confirms what we all knew. Basically this is a big misdirect in this series and Arthur is going to be the big man on campus when he pops back up.