Demonspeed

Nature is calling!
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
A few other things (not everything is in the interview):
  • When he started the story, only Meliodas and Elizabeth's story was clear in his mind. For the others, he developed their stories along the way.
  • Meliodas's sometimes dumb and perverted attitude was to hide what he knows about Elizabeth to the readers.
  • Ban wears red to hide the blood spilling from his injuries and the blood of his opponents when he is fighting.
  • His editor didn't want Diane to be a giant but Nakaba was stubborn and he accepted.
  • He wanted an honest, frank and upright character when he created Diane.
  • He tried to make King the purest and most innocent character.
  • He really likes the two main pairings (Melizabeth and Kiane).
  • Arthur and Merlin were supposed to appear much earlier and be more relevant but there was a change of plans.
  • The second Byzel tournament was his editor's idea.
  • It was interrupted because of the huge cast. He said that without interruption it would have taken him two years to complete it.
  • He likes tournament arcs in shonen and thinks they are not as common nowadays.
  • His most memorable fight in the manga is Meliodas VS Ban (in the first tourney) and then Escanor's fights.
  • He delayed Escanor's introduction because he would have been too strong for the first saga.
  • Among the Sins, Merlin is "special" (he is referring to her role there).
  • He used to offer a drink to his editor first during their meetings so that he would accept his ideas more easily, but it had the opposite effect. His editor realized it later and now they drink after discussing about the content of the chapters.
  • He doesn't believe he is a good artist. But the pages the most memorable to him are the ones where he introduced Arthur with his army. He spent a lot of time and energy on them and started drawing them during New Year's Eve to complete them January 1st.
  • Zeldris's hairstyle is inspired by Akira Kongou.
  • Japan really likes to ask him questions about Fairies and he finds it strange, he was expecting more "spoilerific" questions.
  • In page with the three Demon "Brothers" there was a hint about Estarossa's true nature.
  • His favorite series are Kinnikuman, Dragon Ball, Captain Tsubasa, Hokuto no Ken. With Kenshiro as his favorite character( he seems to like his fights in particular).
  • He is fond of action movies.
  • He drew everything he wanted and found the ending satisfying.
  • The unresolved mysteries were saved for the sequel.
  • When he finally got time to visit France(near the end of the manga), the pandemic happened and ruined his plans. He wants to visit France and buy good wine there.

1. I can see that. While I don't care for how Escanor was used to progress the story, it felt pretty clear that Nakaba had a story in mind for him.
2. Jericho is an interesting character, but I doubt I would've missed her much. Her story petered out after Elaine came back into the picture, which was unfortunate. Gowther dying would definitely affect me more, but by how much would have depended on whether or not he kicked the bucket before or after the whole Mael reveal. Before? I'd have been salty as hell. After? He'd have been better off.
3. Good.
4. Also good. Pretty much confirms what we all knew. Basically this is a big misdirect in this series and Arthur is going to be the big man on campus when he pops back up.
It makes me wonder if he isn't going to kill them in MNY. I thought about potential death of the Sins in this sequel before since they are threats because of their strength and to me, Meliodas, Ban and Gowther had the highest chances to die. Jericho is Lancelot's master too...

Samael Morningstar

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
India
The unresolved mysteries were saved for the sequel.

Let's hope Nakaba considers Mael, Escanor, and everything related to Sunshine as unresolved mysteries too.
Yea but the thing is is he even considers those things as mysteries................ And knowing nakaba he'll make a simple way out that won't give any proper answer but many more questions will arise

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
''The unresolved mysteries were saved for the sequel.''

This better mean Elizabeth is going to get more exposure about her backstory, and potentially her powers. Maybe not, but the Supreme Deity will be explored, so it wouldn't be hard to tie Elizabeth into it.. but knowing Nakaba, he probably will not.

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
Poster of the upcoming movie released
I don't get it why, I mean escanor is already dead by that movie time, then why is he still in the poster
Then again King in his usual costume and Diane is wearing her wedding dress which looks good
It also features Zeldris and the sins, no other cast was shown

Idu about the escanor thing, but rest seems fine. Does anyone have any idea when will the trailer be released??
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Blazar

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
''The unresolved mysteries were saved for the sequel.''

This better mean Elizabeth is going to get more exposure about her backstory, and potentially her powers. Maybe not, but the Supreme Deity will be explored, so it wouldn't be hard to tie Elizabeth into it.. but knowing Nakaba, he probably will not.
Nakaba's probably begun to open up man.
News on the next movie are promising. Unlike the prisoners of the sky, it's an actual sequel to the final season, and the name and burning feathers imply an involvement from the light based creatures on both sides.

Jdmp53

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
I don't get it why, I mean escanor is already dead by that movie time, then why is he still in the poster
Then again King in his usual costume and Diane is wearing her wedding dress which looks good

Idu about the escanor thing, but rest seems fine. Does anyone have any idea when will the trailer be released??

i think that's cause they don't want to make his absence at that point of time apparent to anime only who hasn't reached that part yet......He is in the corner in dark shades...

Son Detective Asurei

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Teaser out, seems like it's going to be based on Supreme Deity
Damn, it was too short. The only good part is that it's coming out in July 2nd.

If Escanor is going to be in the film, I feel like that Taizai basically pulled the Mandalorian and created an alternate timeline from the manga's ending.

Ann Firestar

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation

Yeah he looks very similar to that of the starvation guy
He basically looks like short haired Meliodas! 🤣
Also, for some strange reason I always thought that if we will get Gawain in this series, he will be blonde. (I actually don’t know why I think so, I never seen raising impact Gawain coloured before)

Vortigern

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Finland
If Escanor is going to be in the film, I feel like that Taizai basically pulled the Mandalorian and created an alternate timeline from the manga's ending.
The movie is apparently like an epilogue that takes place after the main series, so if anything Nakaba would just be resurrecting him. I think he's probably just going to appear as a ghost of sorts, something along the lines of Merlin summoning Escanor from the Capital of the Dead or Gowther using his power to mentally connect the Sins to Escanor. If there's a fight at the end he will probably somehow participate in the final combo attack even if it doesn't really make sense.

Ann Firestar

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
The movie is apparently like an epilogue that takes place after the main series, so if anything Nakaba would just be resurrecting him. I think he's probably just going to appear as a ghost of sorts, something along the lines of Merlin summoning Escanor from the Capital of the Dead or Gowther using his power to mentally connect the Sins to Escanor. If there's a fight at the end he will probably somehow participate in the final combo attack even if it doesn't really make sense.
The problem is that we don’t know for sure that he indeed gone to the land of the dead, or some other place. He still had the sunshine with him as he died, so maybe he’s somewhere where other AA’s are, or he actually used up his literal life force so may have died into the nothingness, as his soul burned with his body.

I think everybody will just remember him, and we may get some flashbacks of him with others.

Also it may be connected to why Merlin started wearing this scarf. Like in manga she said that she wants to preserve Escanors existing as this scars, and will wear them on the show. But now she hides them. Which is already very unusual for her character, she usually never brakes her own promises, and isn’t known for being ashamed of her own body or actions (or actually anything, but cute stuff) And the promo pic says that by the time of the movie she already started doing so.

I think something in current manga will lead us to this moment of the past by July, so we will be more eager to watch it. Like, we got this promo pic with two reviled outfits and variation one of them we just saw in the manga.

(I sincerely hope that Sins will visit Escanors grave... Like, we only saw it once on prechapter art, and I still have a feeling that Escanor deserves a proper funeral. All of the manga moved too quickly from this subject, for my liking...)

Jdmp53

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
The problem is that we don’t know for sure that he indeed gone to the land of the dead, or some other place. He still had the sunshine with him as he died, so maybe he’s somewhere where other AA’s are, or he actually used up his literal life force so may have died into the nothingness, as his soul burned with his body.

I think everybody will just remember him, and we may get some flashbacks of him with others.

Also it may be connected to why Merlin started wearing this scarf. Like in manga she said that she wants to preserve Escanors existing as this scars, and will wear them on the show. But now she hides them. Which is already very unusual for her character, she usually never brakes her own promises, and isn’t known for being ashamed of her own body or actions (or actually anything, but cute stuff) And the promo pic says that by the time of the movie she already started doing so.

I think something in current manga will lead us to this moment of the past by July, so we will be more eager to watch it. Like, we got this promo pic with two reviled outfits and variation one of them we just saw in the manga.

(I sincerely hope that Sins will visit Escanors grave... Like, we only saw it once on prechapter art, and I still have a feeling that Escanor deserves a proper funeral. All of the manga moved too quickly from this subject, for my liking...)
i always thought his soul also got degraded..i mean he spent last of his life force going all out....and it wouldn't have been the case if he normally died after giving up sunshine to mael...but he didn't....And thus the Grace is free to roam and is gonna get inherited by some other person unlike rest of the graces cause they still are attached to souls of 3 AA

Redworld96

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Now that a giant called "Dolores" has appeared on the recent chapter of 4KOTA and people are discussing if she's the one we knew from NNT or not, @FKS has translated this Question and Answer from the book "The Seven Deadly Sins: Untold Stories" (2020) where they ask Nakaba what happened with Dolores on Diane's Gaiden. And this is what Nakaba said about her:

Q: Dolores made her appearance in this gaiden but ended up not reappearing ever again. Does that mean she is dead?
Nakaba: No, I didn't draw a scene where she's dead so she must be alive, right? To tell the truth, I considered drawing an episode where she's in fact alive due to Matrona's judgment to mark her off as dead but people'd comment on me bringing her now of all times, so I didn't draw it in the end.

Also, we have to remember Nakaba thought about making her appear on Vaizel's 2nd Fight Festival, but the idea was finally discarded.

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum

Teaser out, seems like it's going to be based on Supreme Deity
Wait I can already predict the plot

Supreme Deity: I have resurrected Elizabeth's curse

Elizabeth: but mother plea-

SD: silence, you're irrelevant in this movie. I'm going to kill Meliodas because reasons

Meliodas: Did you know I have Demon King 2.0 powers hidden up my ass just for this moment?

SD: *gets fodderized in 5 minutes*

predicting it rn