1. We Never Learn, U19, Demon Prince Poro's Diaries, Hungry Marie, Dr. Stone, Robot x Laserbeam. Tell us what you think of the newest additions to the WSJ line-up HERE!
  2. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  4. Thank you for participating in this years FT Awards. The winners of each category have been decided, please check them out!
  5. The Waifu Wars 2017 are over. Time for applause!
  6. This web comic needs more readers. So what are you waiting for? Read :D.
  7. Congratulations Jammin & Purity of Magi for winning the Manhwa Freestyle contest!, and well done to the other participants!.

New Week, New Contest!
    Time to get coloring! The theme is Pets Coloring.

Voting has begun for the Flower Banner contest!.
  8. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Hangout Nanatsu no Taizai Hangout Thread

Discussion in 'Nanatsu no Taizai' started by k-dom, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Quagmire

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    So Gowther kept his hair natural color when he was acting as Armando. I never considered that he might have used Invasion(they should have used yellow in the anime as well) on Pelliot, maybe he did?

2. Bigbootyjudy

Bigbootyjudy Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Band of the Hawks 2
    Maybe? I don't see a particular reason why though, since he looks so different and that he was using his armor during his time as a sin. Only Merlin knew what he really looked like.

I like that Slader has teal hair.

3. Isaiah Thomas

Isaiah Thomas Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

United States
    Meliodas most definitely knew what Gowther really look like.

4. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Quagmire

Global Moderator

France
    Gowther tends to use Invasion for everything. Maybe the story about him being saved by Pelliot is something he inserted in his mind.

5. Baum

Baum Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Germany
    This has nothing to do with the stuff you guys were talking about but I wanna know...

Did Japan ever get a separate release for Vampires of Edinburgh or was it included in some of the later volumes? I just want to know if it's possible that they'll ever get those overseas. Would kinda suck if it stayed exclusive to the damn anime release.

6. Isaiah Thomas

United States
    Vampires of Edinburgh is in the second fanbook.

7. Baum

Baum Registered User

Germany
    Ahh, good to know. Thanks a bunch.
    I guess now it's hoping for at least an English release of that tho...lol

8. Aloy

Aloy Registered User

England
    Anyone played Hexyz Force? Just finished it myself and the final boss of that gave me an idea of what I would the final villain to be of SDS. That't goddess leader and demon king becoming one entity that would be on OP opponent worthy of final villain status.

9. Isaiah Thomas

United States
    Hey do anybody think Estarossa appreance was changed in the manga for the anime. For the fans 2 know for sure if this is grown Meliodas or Estarossa. [​IMG]This is what Estarossa used to look like.[​IMG] This is what he look like now.[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  10. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Galactic Empire
    I have been thinking about jenna and the other girl being goddesses.... No matter how you look at it that is a big fucking deal as goddesses are not supposed to have physical bodies. This makes me think the two of them will eventually have a huge role to play in the series. I wonder if they are sort of guarding the rest of the clan somehow. The other goddess we have seen is nerobasta and he resided within a sword. And the horn of cernunos seems to hold yet another goddess, perhaps even several goddess. So.... could the druid actually be the guardians of the goddess clan until they are strong enough to return?

11. Theforsakensoul

Theforsakensoul Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Canada
    Plot twist, they're actually the goddess leader and the final villains of the series.

12. Escanorzoldyck

Escanorzoldyck Registered User

Holy Britannian Empire
    Or the ones to bring the goddesses back

13. Yakkun

Yakkun Registered User

Germany
    Rai posted a rather ominous message on NF, just a textless picture of the Gloxinia & Dolor colour page from the beginning of the Byzel fight festival. It's far too vague to count as anything but the last couple of weeks he would always announce whether there would be spoilers of some sort beforehand.

My heart goes out in prayer that I get my wish fulfilled and the next chapter refers to them :worship2

kiriya, AiNana and Demonspeed like this.
  14. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Quagmire

Global Moderator

France
    Jaimini translated chapter 194 to 197.

Assuming this translation is better, a few things are clearer:

Fraudrin says "it's almost as if" Meliodas was at his prime so I guess he really is not at full power.

Meliodas tells Fraudrin that he is just "his substitute" instead of "a substitute". I understood from that that the Demon King indeed gave the Selfless Commandment to Fraudrin, but not the title. That's how I understood it when I read MS translation too but there was a rather long discussion about that and it reinforces my claim I think. It confirms that he remembers Gowther too.

Meliodas told Elizabeth that he was wondering what kind of expression Ban had, which means that he didn't look at him at all.

Baum likes this.
  15. Yakkun

Yakkun Registered User

Germany
    I've been thinking about what it could be that limits Diane and King so much from achieving their goals right now and I believe they are both matters of confidence of some sort.

Diane is the serpent's sin of envy. Envy is usually born from feeling insufficient compared to someone or something else and thus craving that; however unlike mere greed it comes with a negative perception that the person or thing you envy is also undeserving of this perceived superiority.

Let's look at the Byzel fight festival again. Dolor created a single golem, Diane created several. The first ones were easily destroyed, King explains to her that without a concrete image they cannot reach their full potential. She needed something to believe in to give it shape and power. Diane eventually won this encounter but the difference in magic power made it clear that this was child's play for Dolor and an effort for Diane. But that's not all. Dolor made his golem in his own image. That implies he has utmost trust and confidence in his own fighting ability. He still wants to bring down the demon king despite having suffered a major loss somewhere down the line. He is also the commandment of patience and he believes in causality and fate.

Again, Diane is the sin of envy. I believe she will have to development that same decree of trust in her own abilities and acceptance about who she is and what defines her to break the limits and master the key stage of the dance.

With King it is different. He is the grizzly's sin of sloth. Sloth is not necessarily laziness; it can also be indecisiveness and hestiation. Born from doubts, fears and insecurities about the self. I believe what King needs to learn to awaken his true potential is to forgive himself for the chances in life he squandered and for the mistakes he made. Accept them as part of himself but not becoming attached to them and instead letting it go. That sounds bloody easy but it is not hard to forgive yourself when you are a character like him. Helbram's existence alone was what held him back so greatly in the first Byzel fight festival. These are experiences that greatly limit him from achieving his true power and I hope overcoming this will also save him from further stunting his growth.

kiriya and AiNana like this.
  16. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Quagmire

Global Moderator

France

I think Diane has confidence in her abilities though, when she had her memories at least. And it makes me wonder why she was still using Filet and Loin back then, because she is an airhead I guess, but she is probably not proud of her race, she envies Humans(because of their height but also their culture like marriage and family), and doesn't like Giants' love for battle, even before she began to learn the dance she talked about her fighter's timing. Maybe that's what she lacks.

Basically, he needs to grow up :heh.

17. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Galactic Empire
    The databooks actually say their height. It is more or less similar to what you sugsted, diane at 29 (or 9 meters and some) and dolor 25 meters (2520 cm). The weights given imply each of them could be taken away by a light breeze though (dolor at 3 tones would be worth about 2 subarus....). I did the math once and assuming diane has a normal humans density and height of about 160 cm she would weight about 11 tons. Dolor should many times that.

18. Yakkun

Yakkun Registered User

Germany
    Maybe he can adjust his bone density lol

Or he has a lot of lean mass and no excess fat XD

19. Yakkun

Yakkun Registered User

Germany
    According to Rai we will get a very short chapter. Apparently Nakaba is hospitalized and undergoing surgery, so possibly no Taizai for a while.

20. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Quagmire

Global Moderator

France
    Damn... Hopefully he'll get better quickly.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 2, 2016, Original Post Date: Dec 2, 2016 ---
    Is the chapter short because a surgery was already scheduled or because something happened to him this week?