Hangout - Mokushiroku no Yonkishi Hangout Thread | Page 148 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Tristan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
He also probably won’t have any goddess features aside from the eyes maybe if we go by the poster.
The poster isn't supposed to show us their true (or extra) forms. I believe that at some point, Tristan will look something like this:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Oh, didn't realize the sequel had already started.... All caught up now at least.

So... Based on what we have seen the implication appears to be that at least some of the sin's kids, predictably, will be the the 4 knights of the apocalypse. So far there are very clear references to tristan (powers of good and evil) and percival through his hair, though weirdly not his magic. A lad with no fixed appearance... probably lancelot? His appearance is the one that changes the most apparently. Though I could imagine this being king's and diane's kid and just changing his size given his heritage. In all of this I suppose it's percival who is meant to be the big mystery as under normal circumstances humans just produce human power. The implication should be that he has some mysterious heritage. Probably on his mother's side?

The spear shown with war makes me think of another iteration of sacred tree spear...

Pestilences sword seems to be on fire? Sunshine?

Not sure of what a golden magic could be. If this is meant to relate to ban's and elaine's kid then who knows what that might produce.

Also the chaos castle with the evil king... Crackpot theory, arthur lost balance and was split into an evil and good half?

Seraph

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Finland
What I am saying is that there would be wars. Arthur can create monsters with a mere thought after all.
I kind of agree, but i think that it is exactly because Arthur is capable of the most insane things with little to no effort now that there aren't any wars happening.
I mean what Kingdom could take on an Army that could keep on attacking forever no matter how many you destroy?

What i totally forgot to focus on was what Donny said about Camelot, he told Percival that it does no longer exist due to what Meliodas/The Demon King did back then. It was the Fox that revealed that it is still intact but in another dimension. Perhaps that is why there is no war going on in Britannia, Arthur and his people are busy with hunting down the Knights of Apocalypse and with some of the Sins running Kingdoms in the current time it is also unwise to simply battle away all day. Not that he couldn't bring them all down eventually but that he doesn't have to in order to have malicious ambitions. You get me?

Kinda curious to know what people think so I added a poll.
He'll probably meet Tristan first, or at least that's what i voted for.:verily

Eternita

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I must've missed where that was mentioned, but it does sound interesting.
This page, i believe these should be more update translations as the first set weren't accurate. It also changed gramps "betrayal" statement too.

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
I can't call it EVIDENCE, because it's not definitive at all, but it's still suggestive of Mael's importance in the sequel among other possibilities.
There was also a revelation about a friend of Arthur at the end of NnT. What's the point of this revelation if the GC is irrelevant to the events of MnYK? I don't agree with you about SD and her role in NnT. Considering all the events in late NnT, I think SD is more of a MnYK character. Her clan will also be more important in the sequel. What Nakaba told us about that man is a key to enter the domain of GC in MnYK.
I disagree because she was cast aside along with most main female's interests other than romantic life(even some of Merlin's resolve was "poisoned" with influence from her unrequited crush on Meliodas) in the original story where she was set up as the main enemy for Melizabeth(along with the DK) and we never got to see anything of her properly active, not even the manga version of that Horn of Cernunnos destruction scene from the Signs of Holy War specials which implied that the female goddess speaking through the Horn was the SD herself, given the familiarity with which she spoke of Elizabeth(like she knew her personally and closely and expected Elizabeth to "finally get [her] point") and addressed Mel as a far younger person than she, and we got retcons along the way about the sources of the curses. Nakaba originally went about both the DK and SD killing AND cursing Mel and Ellie, then switched to only the DK cursing both. Even though "reincarnation manipulation" is clearly a GC ability. Again, if the AAs return, along with their Graces, I find it unwise for things to go down the same ridiculous path Nakaba chose with Escanor(his having a magic ability on loan, and having it work against him too, cause it was too much for his human body).
The TCs were toxic for anyone else than the DK or, when split, the demons he granted them to(and that only as long as they submitted to the TCs' will), and the Graces only work properly for the Goddesses they were naturally granted to.
If Nakaba retcons that too, then he's left with one huge path to original writing(or anything close to it) completely cut off. He's shooting his own foot, big time.
This page, i believe these should be more update translations as the first set weren't accurate. It also changed gramps "betrayal" statement too.

Ugh, I saw that but it managed to eventually slip my mind; I got distracted by the Lohengrin reference with the knight in the flying boat, the tale about the forest(which should be the Fairy Forest), the Lady of the Lake/Priestess of Chaos one and my wondering what the holed up cave might be a reference to(I think I faintly remember something like that from the "human settlement" Meliodas, Elizabeth, Kingxinia and Drolliane went to rescue during the Ancient Holy War training camp for King and Diane. I really wonder if the tower is a reference to Merlin's new lab, and the "cruel" epithet is owed to her choice of unsealing Chaos which may have led to the current dangerous events and previously to Balgis disagreeing with what was going on in Camelot and leaving with Percy, or, if the Mage in the tower isn't Merlin, then it's that cloaked figure hi-jaking control of Camelot, with the hope of getting the outside world too.

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
Hello I was asking if there's any translation of the Nakaba Suzuki Interview by Japan live

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
Hey what if, just a what if Percival is the reincarnation of the Demon King!!!!! An sweet innocent existence contrast to it's true nature of being an evil entity who'll bring forth death upon the world!?

Also what if Arthur has turned evil, Merlin opposed him but Arthur brainwashed or imprisoned Merlin?

Tsotso2

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Hey what if, just a what if Percival is the reincarnation of the Demon King!!!!! An sweet innocent existence contrast to it's true nature of being an evil entity who'll bring forth death upon the world!?
That would feel pretty unnecessary and out of nowhere though the contrast you pointed out is interesting. However I don't think Nakaba would have the new protagonist be related to the Demon King like Meliodas was as it would be kind of repetitive.
Percival destroying the world is just speculation for now (even in-universe). And it probably has to do with the idea of "A power isn't inherently good or bad, it depends on how you use it" which was also present in the Chaos Arc of NNT when Arthur started using the power of Chaos.

Mighty Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I disagree because she was cast aside along with most main female's interests other than romantic life(even some of Merlin's resolve was "poisoned" with influence from her unrequited crush on Meliodas) in the original story where she was set up as the main enemy for Melizabeth(along with the DK) and we never got to see anything of her properly active, not even the manga version of that Horn of Cernunnos destruction scene from the Signs of Holy War specials which implied that the female goddess speaking through the Horn was the SD herself, given the familiarity with which she spoke of Elizabeth(like she knew her personally and closely and expected Elizabeth to "finally get [her] point") and addressed Mel as a far younger person than she, and we got retcons along the way about the sources of the curses. Nakaba originally went about both the DK and SD killing AND cursing Mel and Ellie, then switched to only the DK cursing both. Even though "reincarnation manipulation" is clearly a GC ability. Again, if the AAs return, along with their Graces, I find it unwise for things to go down the same ridiculous path Nakaba chose with Escanor(his having a magic ability on loan, and having it work against him too, cause it was too much for his human body).
The TCs were toxic for anyone else than the DK or, when split, the demons he granted them to(and that only as long as they submitted to the TCs' will), and the Graces only work properly for the Goddesses they were naturally granted to.
If Nakaba retcons that too, then he's left with one huge path to original writing(or anything close to it) completely cut off. He's shooting his own foot, big time.
Disagree with what? Beg your pardon.
SD was cast aside in NnT just as you say. The same SD was mentioned in MnYK sketches as some translations say. I don't see any disagreement tbh.
What I say is that Nakaba probably ignored SD and GC fully aware of its negative consequences. But the events in late NnT and that controversial page suggests they may have a more befitting role in MnYK.
About Escanor, I'd better wait for one more week to set my expectations based on more reliable (still not definitive) data.

Jdmp53

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
That would feel pretty unnecessary and out of nowhere though the contrast you pointed out is interesting. However I don't think Nakaba would have the new protagonist be related to the Demon King like Meliodas was as it would be kind of repetitive.
Percival destroying the world is just speculation for now (even in-universe). And it probably has to do with the idea of "A power isn't inherently good or bad, it depends on how you use it" which was also present in the Chaos Arc of NNT when Arthur started using the power of Chaos.
don't think that's possible since mel destroyed the commandments itself which is like half of his soul/power

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Hello I was asking if there's any translation of the Nakaba Suzuki Interview by Japan live
I bought it! I wanted to take my time to read everything it but I'll try to read the interview and summarize it. Tomorrow hopefully :XD.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I am reading the interview right now. I skimmed through it. I think a lot of the content has been revealed months ago.

Anyway, interesting answers:

1. Escanor's death was planned very early.
  2. Nakaba also planned to kill Jericho, but his editor convinced him not to. He also thought about killing Gowther 😨 .
  3. As we know, the Sins were OP from the start in this series. In MNY, he wants protagonists who will progressively get stronger. Like in most Nekketsu.
  4. Nakaba loves Arthur's character. NNT is just a prologue for his story. He wanted to focus on Arthur at first but he ended up writing about the Sins. It's because of Arthur that he is still writing that sequel in the same universe (When you read the answer it's really obvious that Nakaba loves Arthur very much).
--- Double Post Merged, ---

He thanks his readers at the end. He says that he hopes that they will read the sequel. And also that he is hoping to make it better than NNT.

Son Detective Asurei

Reaction score
Country
United States
I bought it! I wanted to take my time to read everything it but I'll try to read the interview and summarize it. Tomorrow hopefully :XD.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I am reading the interview right now. I skimmed through it. I think a lot of the content has been revealed months ago.

Anyway, interesting answers:

2. Nakaba also planned to kill Jericho, but his editor convinced him not to. He also thought about killing Gowther 😨 .
  3. As we know, the Sins were OP from the start in this series. In MNY, he wants protagonists who will progressively get stronger. Like in most Nekketsu.
  4. Nakaba loves Arthur's character. NNT is just a prologue for his story. He wanted to focus on Arthur at first but he ended up writing about the Sins. It's because of Arthur that he is still writing that sequel in the same universe (When you read the answer it's really obvious that Nakaba loves Arthur very much).
--- Double Post Merged, ---

He thanks his readers at the end. He says that he hopes that they will read the sequel. And also that he is hoping to make it better than NNT.
Very Interesting. Honestly, Nakaba should've killed off Jericho. It would have been good development for Ban and Guila.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
1. I can see that. While I don't care for how Escanor was used to progress the story, it felt pretty clear that Nakaba had a story in mind for him.
2. Jericho is an interesting character, but I doubt I would've missed her much. Her story petered out after Elaine came back into the picture, which was unfortunate. Gowther dying would definitely affect me more, but by how much would have depended on whether or not he kicked the bucket before or after the whole Mael reveal. Before? I'd have been salty as hell. After? He'd have been better off.
3. Good.
4. Also good. Pretty much confirms what we all knew. Basically this is a big misdirect in this series and Arthur is going to be the big man on campus when he pops back up.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
A few other things (not everything is in the interview):
  • When he started the story, only Meliodas and Elizabeth's story was clear in his mind. For the others, he developed their stories along the way.
  • Meliodas's sometimes dumb and perverted attitude was to hide what he knows about Elizabeth to the readers.
  • Ban wears red to hide the blood spilling from his injuries and the blood of his opponents when he is fighting.
  • His editor didn't want Diane to be a giant but Nakaba was stubborn and he accepted.
  • He wanted an honest, frank and upright character when he created Diane.
  • He tried to make King the purest and most innocent character.
  • He really likes the two main pairings (Melizabeth and Kiane).
  • Arthur and Merlin were supposed to appear much earlier and be more relevant but there was a change of plans.
  • The second Byzel tournament was his editor's idea.
  • It was interrupted because of the huge cast. He said that without interruption it would have taken him two years to complete it.
  • He likes tournament arcs in shonen and thinks they are not as common nowadays.
  • His most memorable fight in the manga is Meliodas VS Ban (in the first tourney) and then Escanor's fights.
  • He delayed Escanor's introduction because he would have been too strong for the first saga.
  • Among the Sins, Merlin is "special" (he is referring to her role there).
  • He used to offer a drink to his editor first during their meetings so that he would accept his ideas more easily, but it had the opposite effect. His editor realized it later and now they drink after discussing about the content of the chapters.
  • He doesn't believe he is a good artist. But the pages the most memorable to him are the ones where he introduced Arthur with his army. He spent a lot of time and energy on them and started drawing them during New Year's Eve to complete them January 1st.
  • Zeldris's hairstyle is inspired by Akira Kongou.
  • Japan really likes to ask him questions about Fairies and he finds it strange, he was expecting more "spoilerific" questions.
  • In page with the three Demon "Brothers" there was a hint about Estarossa's true nature.
  • His favorite series are Kinnikuman, Dragon Ball, Captain Tsubasa, Hokuto no Ken. With Kenshiro as his favorite character( he seems to like his fights in particular).
  • He is fond of action movies.
  • He drew everything he wanted and found the ending satisfying.
  • The unresolved mysteries were saved for the sequel.
  • When he finally got time to visit France(near the end of the manga), the pandemic happened and ruined his plans. He wants to visit France and buy good wine there.

1. I can see that. While I don't care for how Escanor was used to progress the story, it felt pretty clear that Nakaba had a story in mind for him.
2. Jericho is an interesting character, but I doubt I would've missed her much. Her story petered out after Elaine came back into the picture, which was unfortunate. Gowther dying would definitely affect me more, but by how much would have depended on whether or not he kicked the bucket before or after the whole Mael reveal. Before? I'd have been salty as hell. After? He'd have been better off.
3. Good.
4. Also good. Pretty much confirms what we all knew. Basically this is a big misdirect in this series and Arthur is going to be the big man on campus when he pops back up.
It makes me wonder if he isn't going to kill them in MNY. I thought about potential death of the Sins in this sequel before since they are threats because of their strength and to me, Meliodas, Ban and Gowther had the highest chances to die. Jericho is Lancelot's master too...

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States
i really hope we get a translation of the entire intreview book that was released with the final volume but i doubt sense its like 200+pages long