Hangout - Mokushiroku no Yonkishi Hangout Thread | Page 167 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Samael Morningstar

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
India
Am I the only one who thinks there's a great conspiracy going on behind the scenes

KagamiKuroko

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nasiens is a cool guy with amazing abilities, but after this chapter, I think it's better for him to stay away from the main cast.

Even now, Nasiens is outclassed by naive Percy to some extents. I'm afraid he becomes useless and irrelevant when Percy gets more powerful or the other KoA and/or Arthur join the party. He is too lovely to become a walking bag of wasted potential.
i mean he can be written to get stronger alongside percival/other 4koa

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I found what Shin said about Dolores's prayer interesting. By worshiping a statue of a Goddess you can affect the land in a way 🤔 . Previously he also said Giants usually worship Mother Earth instead or something and IIRC it was said in NNT that people worshiped Dolor as a god as well? Maybe we could see other deities in the future? Born from people's worship or something. Perhaps we'll learn something about the origin of the latter's special features(eye and skin?)

It's not like Nasiens has been portrayed as weak to begin with. Plus there is someone like Donnie, Shin is probably not a fighter either.

Mighty Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I can't say for sure, just my gut feeling, but he doesn't seem to represent one of the four knights based on descriptions of their magic.

Based on his previous works, I can't have high expectations of a side character. If Nasiens turns out to be a KoA, it would be great, otherwise, the chance of him being a well-written character approaches zero.

Not that I'd complain if Nakaba can create a nice side character, but old habits die hard.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
So... Am I the only one who is expecting hawks to randomly appear in the story after having spent the entirety of the timeskip since nnt to now in purgatory and having 500k power level?

Ann Firestar

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Am I the only one who thinks there's a great conspiracy going on behind the scenes
I don’t think I understand what do you mean...
Can you please elaborate your thought ?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

So... Am I the only one who is expecting hawks to randomly appear in the story after having spent the entirety of the timeskip since nnt to now in purgatory and having 500k power level?
I’m not expecting this. I just know that for sure.
He also may have grown into something more like his “mom” considering we don’t actually know any limits to his growth.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I’m not expecting this. I just know that for sure.
He also may have grown into something more like his “mom” considering we don’t actually know any limits to his growth.
I doubt he will have grown like his mother. His "mother" was not actually his mother. It was a mass of unfathomable power that got covered in pig shaped moss. A grown up hawk would probably look more like his older brother. So... an actual boar.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
In a Purgatory arc yes, but not randomly like that. 500K? No way. Wild was strong enough and I don't think Hawk can be much stronger.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
In a Purgatory arc yes, but not randomly like that. 500K? No way. Wild was strong enough and I don't think Hawk can be much stronger.
IIRC wild was able to push back even the demon king... And after the purgatory training bam was able to fight demon king meliodas while the other sins were mostly unable to. Even king dwarfed a 200k commandment boosted mael. Mael with his grace easily defeated the original demon who was a combination of two people with over 150 k. I don't think 400-500k is all that insane given what we saw towards the end and how little sense it made.

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
It’s possible Hawk had the potential to be as good as Wild and it was never realized because he was kidnapped by the Demon King.

Wild lived in Purgatory his entire life. It not like Hawk got into a lot of conflict before Elizabeth showed up.

Ann Firestar

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
A bit of topic question, but:

Who do you think Sin works for ?

For some reason I find myself thinking that he answers directly to Gowther. (May be, all because of his pink fur) I don’t think that he works for direct rebels of any kind.
We literally didn’t saw any kind of fear of Arthur and his knights. More like no one even knows that Camelot, not so destroyed, any more.
So no resistance could have formed, if there are nothing to directly resist.

Vortigern

Reaction score
Country
Finland
I'm also expecting something to be going on behind the scenes. My reasoning is that the current antagonists don't really seem like the villains of the story. Pellegarde just wants to train Percival while Ironside only wants to kill Percival because he thinks Percival is a threat to the entire world. They are not evil, even if they are currently in opposition to the main characters. I think the situation is similar to how the holy knights of Liones were trying to kill the Sins because they were under the impression that the Sins had staged a coup and murdered Zaratras. The misunderstanding will be cleared up eventually and the knights will probably become Percival's allies after that, except maybe Ironside. Considering that Percival, Tristan and Lancelot are named after some of Arthur's most famous knights, I think they will almost certainly end up joining the Round Table.

What this means is that there is likely going to be another group of antagonists that are the actual villains of the series. Could they be behind Ordo's disappearance and transformation, or maybe even the whole prophecy that's causing the KOA to be targeted? The question of who they are is pretty interesting, because they will be facing off against the KOA, the Sins and Arthur. It's going to take some seriously powerful enemies to be able to pose a threat against that lineup. The only established entities with that kind of power are the SD and Chaos, so it will probably come down to what the SD's role in the movie is about. If she's going to be defeated there then she's obviously out of the question, but the movie could also set her up as a future enemy. The current state of the Goddess Clan would be a bit of an issue for that scenario though, since the Archangels probably wouldn't agree to fight Elizabeth and the Sins at this point. I guess there could always be some new characters, like an Original Goddess or some sort of an equivalent to the Demon Clan's Induras. They could even be in possession of the Holy Grail since the quest for the Grail is exactly what Percival is known for.

However, I think something related to Chaos is a more likely choice for the villain role given how important the concept has been set up to be. The world itself is currently in the Age of Chaos, which sounds like a big deal even just based on the name. The DK was an ancient godlike being and he spent his last words warning Meliodas about something related to the end of the Age of Light and Darkness, so whatever is going to happen in the new age must be something really dangerous. I don't buy the idea that Arthur himself is evil or is going to turn evil, but there are other entities that can fill that role. The Lady of the Lake is very suspicious, Cath or similar creatures could always make a return and then there's of course Arthur's potential relatives. In the legends, Arthur's half sister Morgan le Fay is sometimes depicted as an antagonist and then there's Arthur's son Mordred who stages a rebellion against him and mortally wounds him in battle. Surely a Prince of Chaos would also have some control over the same powers that Arthur has? The only problem is that Arthur probably didn't have a kid in his mid-teens, so the potential Mordred probably wouldn't be much of a threat without a timeskip.

This fairy could be connected to the actual villains, but he could also just be a lone enemy doing his own thing. Nasiens reminiscing about Ordo's words regarding how the fairies and giants of the gorge are his family gives me the impression that Nasiens is probably going to take over as the herbalist of the gorge, unless they somehow manage to turn Ordo back into a human. If no one is going to join the party in this arc, then you have to wonder what the point of this all was. Perhaps the plan all along was to use this arc to tease the real villains? Then again we just had a chapter dedicated to the knights so perhaps it would be a bit confusing to bring in another group of enemies this soon after them.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
There is a conspiracy for sure.

For some reason I find myself thinking that he answers directly to Gowther. (May be, all because of his pink fur) I don’t think that he works for direct rebels of any kind.
We literally didn’t saw any kind of fear of Arthur and his knights. More like no one even knows that Camelot, not so destroyed, any more.
I don't think he is working for a Sin, and if it was I doubt it would be Gowther. He said before he'd be in trouble if Percival were to disappear, indicating that he is probably afraid of that person. Probably a new character, but I am more curious about its intentions, if it's someone who hates Arthur (like Kay) or someone who is scared by his potential for evil?

Son Detective Asurei

Reaction score
Country
United States

My money is on Mordred or Morgan if Nakaba's going to follow the later half of Arthurian Legends and shows them.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Just a refresher... the assumption right now is that the supreme deity's grace's are essentially gone right? As in, they stopped being a thing without hosts... which is what apparently would have happened to the commandments at some point.

MrSchmitty7

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Just a refresher... the assumption right now is that the supreme deity's grace's are essentially gone right? As in, they stopped being a thing without hosts... which is what apparently would have happened to the commandments at some point.
A q&a from Nakaba implied that the graces are still with the AA (except for sunshine). It said that the AA will not die permenantly and will get their bodies back as long as they hold onto their graces, so it implies that the graces still remain even after bodily death.

sunshine also roamed around for 3000 years before finding Escanor so it should still be fine.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
A q&a from Nakaba implied that the graces are still with the AA (except for sunshine). It said that the AA will not die permenantly and will get their bodies back as long as they hold onto their graces, so it implies that the graces still remain even after bodily death.

sunshine also roamed around for 3000 years before finding Escanor so it should still be fine.
Do you have the source? I remember what he said about the Graces being with their holders, I think that was in the manga even but I don't remember that resurrection part.