Discussion - Nanatsu no Taizai: Seven Days manga adaptation | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Nanatsu no Taizai: Seven Days manga adaptation

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
MS released the first chapter yesterday. Art is good and the story is much better than I expected. I don't think it had been confirmed that Elaine had killed before. Her interactions with King and Helbram were nice and it was interesting to see how the latter got captured.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
MS released the first chapter yesterday. Art is good and the story is much better than I expected. I don't think it had been confirmed that Elaine had killed before. Her interactions with King and Helbram were nice and it was interesting to see how the latter got captured.
Confirmed that she had killed? She actively tried to kill ban repeatedly. She even wondered how it was that he survived. We have literally no reason to think elaine takes issue with killing her enemies, she is not elizabeth.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Confirmed that she had killed? She actively tried to kill ban repeatedly. She even wondered how it was that he survived. We have literally no reason to think elaine takes issue with killing her enemies, she is not elizabeth.
Yeah, but IIRC, when she attacked Ban, she was using her wind to blow him off and his chances of death were not certain. In this chapter she crushed the Human with branches.

Baum

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yeah, but IIRC, when she attacked Ban, she was using her wind to blow him off and his chances of death were not certain. In this chapter she crushed the Human with branches.
Nah, she blew him off the tree with the intention of killing Ban. Elaine banked on him hitting the ground or a rock on his way down and got pretty annoyed when he just had the dumbest luck and kept crawling back up. She straight up said he'd be better off dead to nurture the forest (or something like that)

The only reason why Ban is still alive is that he startled Elaine with snatch and his really blunt honesty.

They definitely implied that she had killed people in the 700 years since King left as well tho.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
So? He threw ban from a height which she had no expectations of him surviving. What is the difference between crushing someone with branches and sending him plummeting to his death? The manga specifically makes the point that ban survived because the forest protected him.
http://mangafox.me/manga/nanatsu_no_taizai/v04/c025.5/10.html

Elaine absolutely tried to murder ban in cold blood. Heck, even when ban pointed out he was going to die from the fall elaine's response was a resounding "meh". Elaine did stop trying to murder him but she probably changed her mind when she noticed the forest protecting him.

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
So is this just going to go through Ban meeting Elaine again with some extra details?

Epic_Rider

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
Just read it. The art looks nice, and I really do like this story, so I'm glad to see it in a more fleshed out fashion.

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Eh, while I do like their story, I feel like we could see anything else at this point. Man, their relationship is probally super popular in Japan

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Well the first chapter was great.We came to know how Helbram was captured and King's relation with Elaine and Helbram.

Looking forward to the next chapter.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Chapter 2 is out.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Some interesting reveals about the Fairy Realm, I thought it was the Forest but it's not the case. Maybe we'll see it in the main story when King will get his wings.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Chapter 2 is out.
Some interesting reveals about the Fairy Realm, I thought it was the Forest but it's not the case. Maybe we'll see it in the main story when King will get his wings.
Well, the implication was always that there was a fairy realm where the fairy tree resides at. If the fairy tree had ever been destroyed then king wouldn't have had it's power. Let alone the implication of having a lowly red demon being able to destroy the very thing that empowers gloxinia to freaking 50k. What I do find weird though is how arbitrary this all seems. I mean, you have elaine not being able to go to the fairy realm because of her wings... Why would that impede her in any way? She is older than most fairies around there, has she never gone to the fairy realm? The fairies left and then apparently returned to the new fairy kings forest but.... why? Is them proclaiming ban as king enough for that? I can't imagine gerhard not calling bullshit on that to begin with. Well, she kinda did respond to bam's face in such a way but that they would return like that suggest that them leaving elaine like that is more or less just a dick move since, well, they could have just stayed with elaine.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Chapter 3 is out.

Well, the implication was always that there was a fairy realm where the fairy tree resides at. If the fairy tree had ever been destroyed then king wouldn't have had it's power. Let alone the implication of having a lowly red demon being able to destroy the very thing that empowers gloxinia to freaking 50k. What I do find weird though is how arbitrary this all seems. I mean, you have elaine not being able to go to the fairy realm because of her wings... Why would that impede her in any way? She is older than most fairies around there, has she never gone to the fairy realm? The fairies left and then apparently returned to the new fairy kings forest but.... why? Is them proclaiming ban as king enough for that? I can't imagine gerhard not calling bullshit on that to begin with. Well, she kinda did respond to bam's face in such a way but that they would return like that suggest that them leaving elaine like that is more or less just a dick move since, well, they could have just stayed with elaine.
I don't think it has ever been said that the tree needs to be alive for King to have his power. The FT guards the forest and chooses the king, but the existence of the Fairy King is more important the the FT, Gerharde said it. The Red Demon truly destroyed it with his flames, not because he is powerful but because it's a specificity of the purgatory fire, just like how Mel managed to give a scar to Ban. It returned because Elaine gave a seed to Ban so that he could make it grow again, if King had gotten it he could have probably restored it in no time with Disaster.

Both King and Elaine have the Fairy Realm as birthplace. I guess they can't go back until their wings grow because of some kind of tradition, since wings mean maturity.

Baum

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Chapter 5 (sorry, no fancy links for you because mobile :P)
http://readms.net/r/sdssd/05/4372/1

I was thinking tho...do we know when the volume for this is gonna get released? I'm assuming the series is gona end in a chapter or two because..well, shit is about to hit the fan.

Already got that novel on my way here, dun wan a gap in my tinyass collection ;)

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Faries's sense of time is normally different from Humans but with all the time she spent alone it's no wonder Elained ended up like that. Unlike King who was with Diane all this time she was all alone in the forest.

Chapter 5 (sorry, no fancy links for you because mobile :P)
http://readms.net/r/sdssd/05/4372/1

I was thinking tho...do we know when the volume for this is gonna get released? I'm assuming the series is gona end in a chapter or two because..well, shit is about to hit the fan.

Already got that novel on my way here, dun wan a gap in my tinyass collection ;)
I bet it will end in with 7 chapters. It's monthly so I guess around September?

Baum

Reaction score
Country
Germany
This one got a promo video. Nothing mind-blowing but might as well share, right? lel

Chapter 6, boys and girls
http://readms.net/r/sdssd/06/4459/1?t=1&f=0&e=1

Also, for some reason there's a chapter of the "Production" spin-off at the end of that. No idea why they did that but it's absolutely awful imo

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
The forest wants to keep him here, nice excuse :XD.

700 years guarding the forest alone because of King... I don't like King's Gaiden much and this chapter reminded me of it.

Baum

Reaction score
Country
Germany
And that's 7 chapters. Looks like there was only one left after all. Thought it may have been 2 more after 6 because they said September for the final one but I forgot that these issues usually come out "a month early". Like, y'know, August's issue is out in July etc lol