Special Nanatsu no Taizai Specials - Side Story: Fight!! The Great Captain of Leftover Disposal

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Country
India
Volume 35 came with the end of the troll side story.
Album.

And the TL:
Pic 1:
There's… no mistake about it, it's the presence of the grace…
I knew it… He was alive…!!

Aaa… aaah…

…the killing aura from lady Jelamet… vanished?

Aaaaaaaaah!!

The presence I'm sensing from there…
This is…

Lord Mael!
Lord Mael!!

Pic 2:
Lor…

Who are you!!?
I'm lord Escanor… the Lion's Sin of Pride of the Seven Deadly Sins.

No… it isn't him…
Then… then…

You have a noticeably large build and powerful magic… You are undoubtedly the boss of your group.
Oh… you need not answer me. My intuition is hardly mistaken.

Pic 3:
…on that note.

…hold on!!!

…wait, Escanor.
…my my, captain. Butting in from the sidelines to steal someone else's achievements?

Pic 4:
I beg of you… don't kill her.

Meliodas…

Did you fall in love with her or something?

With the monter right here.
Hmm?

Somewhere in my heart, I believed…
that he shouldn't have died…

that there was no way he was killed…
But… this has become quite clear to me.

The fact that the grace bestowed by lady the Supreme Deity has taken up refugee in a different creature means
…lord Mael is… really…

Pic 5:
Rahike
nonte yomon.

I'm returning to the celestial realm and sleep alongside my brethren…
Until the time my heart is relieved of grief.

Lady Jelamet!

Pic 6:
My eyes…!!

Thank goodness, Jenna!!
Zaneli…!! Your voice's back!!

It's really over…

Meliodas… …we thank you.
For reclaiming the altar… as promised.

If you like, you can have our relaing time with me…
…I'm not sure what you mean.
But you're such a huge human.

Geheheh.

Pic 7:
"Rising Meteor!!!"

Oh la la…

That was a close call, captain!! Thank God we made it in time!♡
Good grief, it's already over even though we're all gathered here…
Way to go, Diane.
…let's head back home and read something.
Lost child found.♬

Pic 8:
Wh… what did you do to the great altar!? M… Meliodas!! We have one more request of you!! Defeat that Giant!!
Captaaaain, prai. se. me.♡
Sorry, Jenna, but she's a member of the Seven Deadly Sins.

W… was that so? I really gave you guys a whole deal of trouble…
Yeah… Oh right, you have a message from Jenna.

Goksiloca bazoksi.
Hii…

Dreyfus…!! I've come down with a fever again…
Hendrickson!? Hang in there!!
What does that mean?

On bottom: The end.
What happened to Hendy?Is it because of Meliodas's cooking?

The Prince of Darkness

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Country
France
As I thought, with this we can assume that when they don't have a vessel the Goddesses go back to their Realm.
So there's a chance that Sar and Tar aren't died but just back to sleep(?) In their Realm

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Country
Fire Nation
Wait, so jenna cursed hendrickson? why?

Mighty Escanor

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Country
Australia
What an odd ending.
Did Jelamet found out that Mael is ... alive? Any answer to this question seems problematic to me.
Also the fact that Ludo's reaction to Escanor's power was completely different from Jelamet's makes the situation even more confusing.
Full memory 3 day alive Elizabeth didn't also mentioned anything about the power of Sunshine.
Nice try NS, you wanted to make it mysterious and complicated, but it ended up getting self-contradictory and confusing.

FKS

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Country
France
What an odd ending.
Did Jelamet found out that Mael is ... alive? Any answer to this question seems problematic to me.
Also the fact that Ludo's reaction to Escanor's power was completely different from Jelamet's makes the situation even more confusing.
Full memory 3 day alive Elizabeth didn't also mentioned anything about the power of Sunshine.
Nice try NS, you wanted to make it mysterious and complicated, but it ended up getting self-contradictory and confusing.
Hmm, no? It's actually the opposite. She had refused to believe Mael would be dead but after seeing Escanor with his grace, she came to accept it.
That's why she went off to the celestial realm to sleep until she's over her grief.
Also, don't forget everyone was still under Gowther's spell.

Mighty Escanor

Country
Australia
Hmm, no? It's actually the opposite. She had refused to believe Mael would be dead but after seeing Escanor with his grace, she came to accept it.
That's why she went off to the celestial realm to sleep until she's over her grief.
Also, don't forget everyone was still under Gowther's spell.
Thanks, it is less problematic to think about it in this way, but why should her rage and bloodlust diminish after knowing he is dead? She should have become more vengeful instead of lifting the curse from Jenna and Zaneri with a smile on her face, am I wrong?:hmm
I still can't understand her. :s

Gowther's spell has seemingly made everyone think Mael is dead and the grace is lost. So far,
5 characters including Jelamet have recognized the nature of Escanor's power as the grace of Sunshine.
Sins are not just under the spell, it seems they have dementia too.

T25

Country
United States
Thanks, it is less problematic to think about it in this way, but why should her rage and bloodlust diminish after knowing he is dead? She should have become more vengeful instead of lifting the curse from Jenna and Zaneri with a smile on her face, am I wrong?:hmm
I still can't understand her. :s

Gowther's spell has seemingly made everyone think Mael is dead and the grace is lost. So far,
5 characters including Jelamet have recognized the nature of Escanor's power as the grace of Sunshine.
Sins are not just under the spell, it seems they have dementia too.
What spell are the sins under?

FKS

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Country
France
What spell are the sins under?
Gowther's spell 3000 years ago.
The Sins affected were certainly Meliodas and perhaps Merlin (thinking again, I don't think we've seen her having that characteristic headholding). The rest aren't as they were born much later than the spell activation, aside from Gowther Jr. who knew.
I said everyone but that was a stretch, I simply meant the ones present 3000 years ago. So that includes Jelamet.

T25

Country
United States
Gowther's spell obviously.

Gowther's spell 3000 years ago.
The Sins affected were certainly Meliodas and perhaps Merlin (thinking again, I don't think we've seen her having that characteristic headholding). The rest aren't as they were born much later than the spell activation, aside from Gowther Jr. who knew.
I said everyone but that was a stretch, I simply meant the ones present 3000 years ago. So that includes Jelamet.

I am quite aware that only Mel and Merlin were under the spell. I merely wished to question mighty escanors statement. I wished to know who he was referring to when he said “sins” in his last sentence

Mighty Escanor

Country
Australia
I am quite aware that only Mel and Merlin were under the spell. I merely wished to question mighty escanors statement. I wished to know who he was referring to when he said “sins” in his last sentence
The only members of SDSs who where present 3000 years ago are the ones who could've been affected, so I thought the word "sins" is enough. Now that you mention, I was even had Elizabeth in my mind and yet used sins lol, sorry about that.

But the main question remains still regardless of who is affected. The effect does not include forgetting about the power of sunshine. It was supposed to make everyone think Estarossa killed Mael. But for Merlin, Mel, and Eli, the situation is quite different. They seem to be completely clueless about Escanor while Jelamet and some others knew Escanor's power is sunshine while they were also under Gowthers' spell.

T25

Country
United States
The only members of SDSs who where present 3000 years ago are the ones who could've been affected, so I thought the word "sins" is enough. Now that you mention, I was even had Elizabeth in my mind and yet used sins lol, sorry about that.

But the main question remains still regardless of who is affected. The effect does not include forgetting about the power of sunshine. It was supposed to make everyone think Estarossa killed Mael. But for Merlin, Mel, and Eli, the situation is quite different. They seem to be completely clueless about Escanor while Jelamet and some others knew Escanor's power is sunshine while they were also under Gowthers' spell.
I see. I can understand

As for your point on sunshine, how do you know they forgot about “sun”? Of the three: mel, Eli and merlin, the one who more than likely should have known the most out of three about “sun” would be Eli. She was, however, no better off than having dementia because she was inflicted with a curse that stripped her of her memory. The little time after she regained her memory she made no mention of escanors use and possession of “sun” and showed no surprise or indication of acknowledgement when it was made evident to us by the AA, in where Eli was also present, neither before nor after. We were given more implication to believe that she may have known rather than she had not, I believe.

Second to Eli of the three would be Mel. Mel is a character that always kept his past and thoughts hidden. He is a character known for seemingly being nonchalant. Unfazed. Only revealing what he knew in spurts of information. He spoke very little of the things of the past of which, the existence of “sun” is one such thing of the past. So, more or less the same as Eli, we were given more implication to believe that he may have known rather than he had not, I believe.

As for Merlin, I believe her knowledge of “sun” is rather still up for questioning. Mel and Eli were active and fully grown, centuries old during the war 3000 years ago and had a personal familiarity of mael but what about Merlin. I believe implication and statements may make it evident that Merlin was a child during the war. A child born quite likely within the span of time that was right before Mel’s defection to the rise of estarossa. As such it is a question of how much she knew of the powers of back then and even more importantly her source of knowledge. The people that recognized “sun” in escanor were people that had personally felt the “signature” of the magic itself. I do not find it evident so far that Merlin was one them. The connection made was one through feeling rather than seeing and Merlin may not have been one that felt but was rather told, if even that. Reputation rather than familiarity.

Not saying anything is not an affirmation of ignorance.

Mighty Escanor

Country
Australia
I see. I can understand

As for your point on sunshine, how do you know they forgot about “sun”? Of the three: mel, Eli and merlin, the one who more than likely should have known the most out of three about “sun” would be Eli. She was, however, no better off than having dementia because she was inflicted with a curse that stripped her of her memory. The little time after she regained her memory she made no mention of escanors use and possession of “sun” and showed no surprise or indication of acknowledgement when it was made evident to us by the AA, in where Eli was also present, neither before nor after. We were given more implication to believe that she may have known rather than she had not, I believe.

Second to Eli of the three would be Mel. Mel is a character that always kept his past and thoughts hidden. He is a character known for seemingly being nonchalant. Unfazed. Only revealing what he knew in spurts of information. He spoke very little of the things of the past of which, the existence of “sun” is one such thing of the past. So, more or less the same as Eli, we were given more implication to believe that he may have known rather than he had not, I believe.

As for Merlin, I believe her knowledge of “sun” is rather still up for questioning. Mel and Eli were active and fully grown, centuries old during the war 3000 years ago and had a personal familiarity of mael but what about Merlin. I believe implication and statements may make it evident that Merlin was a child during the war. A child born quite likely within the span of time that was right before Mel’s defection to the rise of estarossa. As such it is a question of how much she knew of the powers of back then and even more importantly her source of knowledge. The people that recognized “sun” in escanor were people that had personally felt the “signature” of the magic itself. I do not find it evident so far that Merlin was one them. The connection made was one through feeling rather than seeing and Merlin may not have been one that felt but was rather told, if even that. Reputation rather than familiarity.

Not saying anything is not an affirmation of ignorance.
1. If Eli knew, she should've get surprised right after regaining her memories, just like how everyone else reacted. I meant how can she be okay sensing the presence of a dead AA's grace inside a human? No surprise, no question, no curiosity. This are all indications of no recognition and no memory.

2. About Meliodas, you are 100% correct. He prefers his comrades and friends to die, rather than some secrets to be revealed, or some techniques to be used.

3. Merlin had a slight confusion during the camelot fight meaning he somehow knew Mael, and she is supposed to be Gowther's apprentice, who used his life energy to activate the spell, so child or grown. She had enough intellectual capabilities as his apprentice to handle and practice the knowledge of ancient magic. But you are right in some ways, her memories about Mael aren't probably based on some direct familiarity, and she was not also aware of the existence of graces. :hmm

T25

Country
United States
1. If Eli knew, she should've get surprised right after regaining her memories, just like how everyone else reacted. I meant how can she be okay sensing the presence of a dead AA's grace inside a human? No surprise, no question, no curiosity. This are all indications of no recognition and no memory.

2. About Meliodas, you are 100% correct. He prefers his comrades and friends to die, rather than some secrets to be revealed, or some techniques to be used.

3. Merlin had a slight confusion during the camelot fight meaning he somehow knew Mael, and she is supposed to be Gowther's apprentice, who used his life energy to activate the spell, so child or grown. She had enough intellectual capabilities as his apprentice to handle and practice the knowledge of ancient magic. But you are right in some ways, her memories about Mael aren't probably based on some direct familiarity, and she was not also aware of the existence of graces. :hmm
It’s because Eli showed no reaction whatsoever that I believe you can speculate she knew rather than she didn’t. You said she “should’ve” but...says who? Why do you need to be shown a surprised expression? She showed no surprise, no question and no curiosity. If she had such a reaction, whose to say she didn’t already have such a reaction offscreen? Does a person or character have to show an outward expression in order to know or not know something? Logic allows you to see the implication that she may have already known

Yea no. That is not Mel’s preference. Mel did keep secrets. Those were possibilities of the choice he made not intent.

Anyone that knew of mael at all were affected, familiar or not. That’s why Merlin reacted during Camelot. She knew of the 4AA not necessarily did she know the 4AA. Mael was famous. Someone famous “died.” That is enough to affect someone. I don’t really understand what you are trying to point out with Merlin’s intellectual capability.

Mighty Escanor

Country
Australia
It’s because Eli showed no reaction whatsoever that I believe you can speculate she knew rather than she didn’t. You said she “should’ve” but...says who? Why do you need to be shown a surprised expression? She showed no surprise, no question and no curiosity. If she had such a reaction, whose to say she didn’t already have such a reaction offscreen? Does a person or character have to show an outward expression in order to know or not know something? Logic allows you to see the implication that she may have already known

Yea no. That is not Mel’s preference. Mel did keep secrets. Those were possibilities of the choice he made not intent.

Anyone that knew of mael at all were affected, familiar or not. That’s why Merlin reacted during Camelot. She knew of the 4AA not necessarily did she know the 4AA. Mael was famous. Someone famous “died.” That is enough to affect someone. I don’t really understand what you are trying to point out with Merlin’s intellectual capability.
1. I can't quite understand your reasoning. Are you implying she had an off screen reaction, with means poor story telling, or you say if she knows, she doesn't need to show any reaction? I mean she suddenly regains all her memories, then Escanor comes, and she finds out this extraordinary man she's known for some time happens to have the exact same power as Mael the dead AA. The most obvious question is what the hell is going on here.
And for something to happen off screen, there should be an indication regarding that in the main story, which is fully absent in this case.

2. I agree with your speculation about Merlin, but you also mentioned she could be a child unlike Mel and Eli. Why should her age be of importance when she was already an apprentice the Gowther and had close relationships with Goddess Elizabeth. Her age couldn't be the reason behind her supposed lack of knowledge and an obstacle to gain more info. She could know about it if she wanted, cuz she had both access and intellectual capability. And as you said yourself, Mael was quite famous at the time.

T25

Country
United States
1. I can't quite understand your reasoning. Are you implying she had an off screen reaction, with means poor story telling, or you say if she knows, she doesn't need to show any reaction? I mean she suddenly regains all her memories, then Escanor comes, and she finds out this extraordinary man she's known for some time happens to have the exact same power as Mael the dead AA. The most obvious question is what the hell is going on here.
And for something to happen off screen, there should be an indication regarding that in the main story, which is fully absent in this case.

2. I agree with your speculation about Merlin, but you also mentioned she could be a child unlike Mel and Eli. Why should her age be of importance when she was already an apprentice the Gowther and had close relationships with Goddess Elizabeth. Her age couldn't be the reason behind her supposed lack of knowledge and an obstacle to gain more info. She could know about it if she wanted, cuz she had both access and intellectual capability. And as you said yourself, Mael was quite famous at the time.
The logic is that if I learn of something exceptionally surprising to me and turn to my left to see the person right next to me show no reaction, I’m going to have two questions: did they know or did they not know? If they knew, it wouldn’t come as a surprise and therefore no reaction. If they didn’t know but just held no surprise, then there would also be no reaction. It is matter of character and knowledge. How would a given character react to a given event and how much do they know. So I wonder what issue you have with something that is also a real world reality, as these shocked expressions in story telling and visual fantasy stories are many times “larger than life.” Furthermore, how much do you know about eli? What do you know she knows? You say that the most obvious reaction would be “what’s going on here” but what if she already knew what would happen to the grace with maels “death”? Like mel, Eli’s past is as of yet quite unknown. An ongoing story, that this story is, may or may not yield answers to the things you criticize now no?

Merlin’s age would have to do with her presence. If she were 12 or 13 years old when Mel had already defected, what kind of experience, personal experience and first hand knowledge would she have of the leader of the Ten Commandments Meliodas? If the fall of mael was not long after Mel’s defection, had she ever met mael of “sun” within that time frame that he was active? The people that recognized “sun” in escanor were people that personally knew and or experienced mael of “sun.” Was Merlin one of these people? As a child, what experience did Merlin have with the front lines and what relationship did she have with the top powers? If Merlin was already of significant age into adulthood before the end of the war, was she ever any kind of participant or figure of the war?
I believe Merlin’s age and activity are quite significant in the matter of familiarity. Even so, it is true that had Merlin been aware of at least the effects of “sun” she could have made the connection to escanors power, as I believe you are trying to get at, but she wouldn’t have known whereas the others could affirm. She had Mel to confirm it for her. So the whole age argument is dependent on wether not she knew of the graces.
You are right in that despite age she had the means to have some knowledge.

It is interesting to note that she has shown very little interest in the arts of the gc and is heavily inclined towards the dark arts of the dc she was granted by the dk, where just about all her displayed knowledge has been shown. She seems to know very little about the gc compared to the dc.

Mighty Escanor

Country
Australia
The logic is that if I learn of something exceptionally surprising to me and turn to my left to see the person right next to me show no reaction, I’m going to have two questions: did they know or did they not know? If they knew, it wouldn’t come as a surprise and therefore no reaction. If they didn’t know but just held no surprise, then there would also be no reaction. It is matter of character and knowledge. How would a given character react to a given event and how much do they know. So I wonder what issue you have with something that is also a real world reality, as these shocked expressions in story telling and visual fantasy stories are many times “larger than life.” Furthermore, how much do you know about eli? What do you know she knows? You say that the most obvious reaction would be “what’s going on here” but what if she already knew what would happen to the grace with maels “death”? Like mel, Eli’s past is as of yet quite unknown. An ongoing story, that this story is, may or may not yield answers to the things you criticize now no?

Merlin’s age would have to do with her presence. If she were 12 or 13 years old when Mel had already defected, what kind of experience, personal experience and first hand knowledge would she have of the leader of the Ten Commandments Meliodas? If the fall of mael was not long after Mel’s defection, had she ever met mael of “sun” within that time frame that he was active? The people that recognized “sun” in escanor were people that personally knew and or experienced mael of “sun.” Was Merlin one of these people? As a child, what experience did Merlin have with the front lines and what relationship did she have with the top powers? If Merlin was already of significant age into adulthood before the end of the war, was she ever any kind of participant or figure of the war?
I believe Merlin’s age and activity are quite significant in the matter of familiarity. Even so, it is true that had Merlin been aware of at least the effects of “sun” she could have made the connection to escanors power, as I believe you are trying to get at, but she wouldn’t have known whereas the others could affirm. She had Mel to confirm it for her. So the whole age argument is dependent on wether not she knew of the graces.
You are right in that despite age she had the means to have some knowledge.

It is interesting to note that she has shown very little interest in the arts of the gc and is heavily inclined towards the dark arts of the dc she was granted by the dk, where just about all her displayed knowledge has been shown. She seems to know very little about the gc compared to the dc.
Good points. The merlin's case is concluded, so there only remains Elizabeth's.
I think shouldn't limit the type of reaction to surprise in my last post.
And you are right, we don't know everything about Eli's past, but we now for sure that Escanor was not part of it. No one from 3000 years ago knew someone like him, so in all likelihood, he was not present there and then. She could've at least say "I see, so you have the sun now" or a statement even more ambiguous than Jelamet's.
Maybe Liz of Danafor knew him in person or something like that. But nothing implies that.
I agree that lack of reaction could also mean having knowledge on the matter, but a reasonably complete knowledge that entails such a behavior wasn't addressed in the story too.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Country
Fire Nation
Merlin probably focuses more on the DC because the demon king gave her knowledge of demon clan curses. Demon powers are probably generally more accessible than goddess powers. Merlin is 3000 years old and she did not even figure out druid healing magic, at least she is incapable of using it. In which case even more advance goddess magic is probably even further out of reach....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)