Special Nanatsu no Taizai Specials - Side Story: Fight!! The Great Captain of Leftover Disposal

T25

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Country
United States
Good points. The merlin's case is concluded, so there only remains Elizabeth's.
I think shouldn't limit the type of reaction to surprise in my last post.
And you are right, we don't know everything about Eli's past, but we now for sure that Escanor was not part of it. No one from 3000 years ago knew someone like him, so in all likelihood, he was not present there and then. She could've at least say "I see, so you have the sun now" or a statement even more ambiguous than Jelamet's.
Maybe Liz of Danafor knew him in person or something like that. But nothing implies that.
I agree that lack of reaction could also mean having knowledge on the matter, but a reasonably complete knowledge that entails such a behavior wasn't addressed in the story too.
You speak of things being unaddressed in the story to affirm implication but this is an ongoing story. This story, like many others, progresses. What you didn’t know now, you learn later. In the meantime before that later, you use what you currently have to speculate what you will later learn. And when you look back you may find that implication may have been there, with some more obvious than others. Hawk being the “seeing eye” of the dk that you can connect to to when his eyes stayed open even when unconscious. Lack of background for Mel’s full counter leading to the reveal of his real magic. Merlin’s familiarity with Eli speculated merely by her seemingly extensive knowledge of Mel’s past. Etc. It is a matter of implication before affirmation. You’ve made a final judgement before you were given confirmation no?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Merlin probably focuses more on the DC because the demon king gave her knowledge of demon clan curses. Demon powers are probably generally more accessible than goddess powers. Merlin is 3000 years old and she did not even figure out druid healing magic, at least she is incapable of using it. In which case even more advance goddess magic is probably even further out of reach....
It would seem so

Mighty Escanor

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Country
Australia
You speak of things being unaddressed in the story to affirm implication but this is an ongoing story. This story, like many others, progresses. What you didn’t know now, you learn later. In the meantime before that later, you use what you currently have to speculate what you will later learn. And when you look back you may find that implication may have been there, with some more obvious than others. Hawk being the “seeing eye” of the dk that you can connect to to when his eyes stayed open even when unconscious. Lack of background for Mel’s full counter leading to the reveal of his real magic. Merlin’s familiarity with Eli speculated merely by her seemingly extensive knowledge of Mel’s past. Etc. It is a matter of implication before affirmation. You’ve made a final judgement before you were given confirmation no?
Hmmm, again, good points. So we need to wait and see if new chapters will make any difference. You may be right about it, we may look back at earlier chapters and find some currently hidden traces. :hmm

T25

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Country
United States
Hmmm, again, good points. So we need to wait and see if new chapters will make any difference. You may be right about it, we may look back at earlier chapters and find some currently hidden traces. :hmm
Yea it’s the waiting and watching game. I feel this is especially true for Eli as she is the main female mc yet her history and background is seemingly more unknown than mel with more implication than confirmation. With the current absence of her mother, I feel that there is an imminence of more reveals regarding her. We may learn what we want to know or we may not. Either way, we wait and see if we wish to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)