Anime Nanatsu no Taizai The Movie: Cursed By Light (July 2, 2021)

Son Detective Asurei

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
That video showing Meliodas & Zeldris defeating the Supreme Deity (her body is vaporising away..) really DOES NOT inspire me with confidence.

How does Zeldris & Meliodas in just their standard demon mark forms defeat her, one of the Gods? Has the power-scaling really gone that far? The Demon King getting man-handled by the sins, with the majority of them being fodder in comparison to him was bad enough (e.g Diane doing damage to him, omegalol) but this is just even worse.

Unless the Supreme Deity is just a loose spirit here, like how Ludociel was after being forced out of Margaret.. then maybe, but even then they shouldn't be strong enough to defeat her like this. In fact, no one (even the sins as a group) should be able to defeat her, only Arthur could at the EoS point.

But whatever, It's not looking good if Dahlia ends up being a bigger threat than the Supreme Deity LMFAO and as usual, Nakaba has Elizabeth making empty promises. She says she'll fight to defend the people she loves, but she'll remain on the sideliners indefinitely.

It looks good.. but it's going to be a bad movie I feel like.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Sadly not, that leaked video clearly shows Elizabeth speaking to her mother and then Mel/Zel end up defeating her.

Looks like the SD has 5 minutes of dialogue before getting fodderized by Mel/Zel in demon mark mode.. yikes
My gosh, if that happens, it's a huge waste of potential and missed opportunity, proving it should've been a manga arc instead of a movie.

Tavore

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
England
Seems like this movie will be another demon wankfest no thanks. Even with her mother involved Elizabeth will take a backseat not only to Mel but fucking Zel too.

Blazar

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Just if this was included in NnT and the DK fight was one long single battle, everything would've been so much better. SIGH...

Bebo

Reaction score
Country
Macedonia
That video showing Meliodas & Zeldris defeating the Supreme Deity (her body is vaporising away..) really DOES NOT inspire me with confidence.

How does Zeldris & Meliodas in just their standard demon mark forms defeat her, one of the Gods? Has the power-scaling really gone that far? The Demon King getting man-handled by the sins, with the majority of them being fodder in comparison to him was bad enough (e.g Diane doing damage to him, omegalol) but this is just even worse.

Unless the Supreme Deity is just a loose spirit here, like how Ludociel was after being forced out of Margaret.. then maybe, but even then they shouldn't be strong enough to defeat her like this. In fact, no one (even the sins as a group) should be able to defeat her, only Arthur could at the EoS point.

But whatever, It's not looking good if Dahlia ends up being a bigger threat than the Supreme Deity LMFAO and as usual, Nakaba has Elizabeth making empty promises. She says she'll fight to defend the people she loves, but she'll remain on the sideliners indefinitely.

It looks good.. but it's going to be a bad movie I feel like.

Sadly not, that leaked video clearly shows Elizabeth speaking to her mother and then Mel/Zel end up defeating her.

Looks like the SD has 5 minutes of dialogue before getting fodderized by Mel/Zel in demon mark mode.. yikes
It looks to me like they finished talking and she just vaporized away. I don't think she lost.

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
Oh boy the power creep for Zeldris is real then lmao

Blazar

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
The official website of NNT Cursed by Light is updated. Story, Cast and Staff&Music Sections are available now.

The official synopsis of the movie can be read here: https://eiga.7-taizai.net/story/
So Escanor does have a voice actor. But what I could understand about the story thanks to machine translation actually rules out any need for that. Again, machine translation has never been reliable.

Elessar

Telcontar
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Spain
So Escanor does have a voice actor. But what I could understand about the story thanks to machine translation actually rules out any need for that. Again, machine translation has never been reliable.
I haven't read the plot yet but even if he just said "Hmph" in some flashback there would already be a voice actor.

Blazar

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I haven't read the plot yet but even if he just said "Hmph" in some flashback there would already be a voice actor.
Hiring a voice actor to say "Hmph" in a flashback. I like the idea man :verily
I won't be surprised if studio Deen makes such a weird decision after watching two seasons of NnT.
They always know where to spend money wisely.

FKS

Mangahelper
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
France
TL of the synopsis:
With the role of the Seven Deadly Sins, history's most wicked, evilest insurgents led by the Dragon's Sin of Wrath Meliodas, the Holy War, fought by the four races, namely the Humans, the Goddesses, the Fairies and the Giants, concluded. The Lion's Sin of Pride Escanor's life came to an end but the Demon King is eliminated and peace returns to the world. Afterwards, the Sins go their own ways, starting with the Boar's Sin of Gluttony Merlin who accompanies the king Arthur who is set on building a new kingdom.

Meliodas is travelling with the princess Elizabeth to the land of their memories. And coincidentally encounter Zeldris once again on the road. Meanwhile, the marriage ceremony of the Grizzly's Sin of Sloth King and the Serpent's Sin of Envy Diane is about to be held. Also present in the blessed hall are the Fox's Sin of Greed Ban and the Goat's Sin of Lust Gowther. The cheerful forest witnesses Diane in her gown but a rumble-like ominous sound resounds through it.

"We are going to punish the Seven Deadly Sins who ruined the Holy War and all those who sided with them."

The Fairy and Giant armies suddenly march towards the land that should be in peace. The enemy troops are led by Dahlia the second Fairy King who disappeared long ago and Dubs the Giane craftsman. What is the goal of the invaders with an odd look in their eyes...?

The daily routine is being destroyed by the ones who wish chaos upon the world. Terrible schemes that frighten all races intermingle. Which future will await after the end of the battle between light and darkness!? Will the cursed world be able to obtain the true peace? The fate of the breaking world is entrusted to the once again reunited Seven Deadly Sins.

Last edited:

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States
"After my father left my body i conveniently kept some of the power so i can be on Meliodas' level so i don't get slaughtered in the upcoming movie"
i mean are we really surprised i was wondering if he would keep some of the power that the dk left behind like mel did and it seems he did

Drakrami

Reaction score
Country
Balearic Islands
So SD was saved for a movie? Was this planned all along? They better finally show her face, not that it's important, but her face's been hidden for 300 chapters lol.

Son Detective Asurei

Reaction score
Country
United States
So SD was saved for a movie? Was this planned all along? They better finally show her face, not that it's important, but her face's been hidden for 300 chapters lol.
All we got was an eye.

Bebo

Reaction score
Country
Macedonia
i mean are we really surprised i was wondering if he would keep some of the power that the dk left behind like mel did and it seems he did
Mel didn't get stronger cuz he kept his father's power, his emotions got stronger in purgatory and so did his real body once he got back.

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States
Mel didn't get stronger cuz he kept his father's power, his emotions got stronger in purgatory and so did his real body once he got back.
i meant the dk suit thing mb shouldve explained

i think my fav comment i keep saying about the movie is people being like zel going to replace esca and im like damn i wish but no lol but its cute you that cause i wanted that to for a while but no lol

Blazar

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
i meant the dk suit thing mb shouldve explained
The Suite has nothing to do with DK, and NnT is filled with data and explanation about it. But some people tend to make things overcomplicated for themselves and ignore the facts to protect their own desired explanations.
However, Nakaba has left no plothole in this case.

i think my fav comment i keep saying about the movie is people being like zel going to replace esca and im like damn i wish but no lol but its cute you that cause i wanted that to for a while but no lol
Zel is gonna steal the spotlight from the sins? Probably.
Zel is going to outshine Elizabeth in a SD related movie? Probably.
Zel is gonna replace a sin? Unless one of them is DEAD.
Oh here you are.
The one who Holy fingered Zel is not around anymore.
Zel: Happy.
People: Happy.

Last edited:

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States
The Suite has nothing to do with DK, and NnT is filled with data and explanation about it. But some people tend to make things overcomplicated for themselves and ignore the facts to protect their own desired explanations.
However, Nakaba has left no plothole in this case.

Zel is gonna steal the spotlight from the sins? Probably.
Zel is going to outshine Elizabeth in a SD related movie? Probably.
Zel is gonna replace a sin? Unless one of them is DEAD.
Oh here you are.
Zel: Happy.
People: Happy.

PFFT OMG THAT HAD ME DEAD LOL