Anime - Nanatsu no Taizai The Movie: Cursed By Light (Subs out) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Nanatsu no Taizai The Movie: Cursed By Light (Subs out)

Redworld96

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
If you go to the official page of the NNT film, we see that they have already published an introduction about it and who is in charge:

(I used google translate so probably there can be mistakes)

"And in this film version, the story of the sins that should have come to an end is reopened on a magnificent scale that no one has seen yet! The story is drawn by the original author, Nakaba Suzuki. A new story that describes the "beyond the final chapter" that continues from the end of the anime. A new story decorates the "ending" that even the original fans cannot imagine is about to begin!!
In addition to Yuki Kaji as Meliodas, Sora Amamiya as Elizabeth, Misaki Kuno, Aoi Yuki, Tatsuhisa Suzuki, Jun Fukuyama, and other family members who play magnificent casts, the director is Takayuki Hamana, who has worked on "Library War: The Wings of Revolution" and "The Prince of Tennis." The script is written by Rintaro Ikeda, who also works for the television anime series, and Studio Deen is in charge of animation production. The family staff will continue to broadcast the cast and the final story of "The Seven Deadly Sins" will be etched on the screen with the best combination. "

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
"The script is written by Rintaro Ikeda, who also works for the television anime series, and Studio Deen is in charge of animation production."

Looks like the Supreme Deity of Absence will finally get some time to "shine"?

Also, if the movie is a sequel that happens after the end of the manga, how come Escanor is on the roster?

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't think you should expect the SD to be relevant here when there is MNY now. Even if she gets to do something she won't do much I think.

YggMugen

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
China
I don't think you should expect the SD to be relevant here when there is MNY now. Even if she gets to do something she won't do much I think.
Actually I would guess she will make appearance. According to Nakaba’s comment there are two characters who only mentioned by their names will be in the movie. In the original Japanese text Nakaba leaves three-character blank for each character. If assume he intentionally leaves the correct number of blank, it is highly likely SD would be one of them since her name happens to be three characters long (for reference: her name is 最高神 in Japanese).

The reason I think Nakaba intentionally do this is King and Diane’s wedding, which also mentioned as “King and Diane’s ***” in the comment, and “wedding” in Japanese is also a three character long word

Mighty Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Also, if the movie is a sequel that happens after the end of the manga, how come Escanor is on the roster?
From Merlin's looks, she's still got the Scars, and Rhitta is not Broken. So Escanor won't be alive and active in the movie. If he is gonna appear, it's most probably in the form of a flashback or something.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Actually I would guess she will make appearance. According to Nakaba’s comment there are two characters who only mentioned by their names will be in the movie. In the original Japanese text Nakaba leaves three-character blank for each character. If assume he intentionally leaves the correct number of blank, it is highly likely SD would be one of them since her name happens to be three characters long (for reference: her name is 最高神 in Japanese).

The reason I think Nakaba intentionally do this is King and Diane’s wedding, which also mentioned as “King and Diane’s ***” in the comment, and “wedding” in Japanese is also a three character long word
Interesting points. I wonder who the second character might be.

FKS

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
France
Right.
Apparently, the Supreme Deity is going to be voiced by Kana Kurashina.
While the Demons are voiced by Akira Kawashima (Kirin) and Yuusuke Inoue (Non-Style). By the way, Kirin and Non-Style are comic duos.

Redworld96

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I am really glad to hear the confirmation of SD for the movie (it makes me wonder if we will see her on flashbacks or actually fighting against the sins)
About the demons... I was expecting new characters from other races, having more demons is now kinda boring at this point, knowing the first movie were about demons too.

But anyway, I have hype for this last story of the sins.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Website updated
https://eiga.7-taizai.net/

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
The movie will featue an all-new original story by author Suzuki Nakaba and is a sequel to anime season 5 "Dragon's Judgement".

I still have the bad after taste of his previous movie.

Samael Morningstar

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
India
YAY FINALLY SUPREME DEITY

Supreme Deity looks beautiful I meant the voice actress
So it's confirmed that SD will appear in the movie, if yes then I can have some hopes for the Goddess clan and Mael
But let's see cause nakaba at the end of the day will that thing to Meliodas and sins as well
Still I'll have some little hope for Mael

Btw one of those demons looks like a member of Pride Troopers from Dbs, Universe 11

Son Detective Asurei

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's great that we'll finally have the Supreme Deity in the film. Looking forward to the film. I hope she's done justice, because I think that Nakaba didn't show all what the Demon King can do, but this is film so my hopes aren't that high. I'll be honest, Zeldris's henchmen's designs do not look like they fit in Taizai, appearing more like a crossover of Dragon Ball with Sesame Street, IMO.

Mighty Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
YAY FINALLY SUPREME DEITY

Supreme Deity looks beautiful I meant the voice actress
So it's confirmed that SD will appear in the movie, if yes then I can have some hopes for the Goddess clan and Mael
But let's see cause nakaba at the end of the day will that thing to Meliodas and sins as well
Still I'll have some little hope for Mael

Btw one of those demons looks like a member of Pride Troopers from Dbs, Universe 11
I've this feeling that the movie is the last time we see SD, and that she will join her dark counterpart by the end of it. Based on translations of "Untold Stories" here and there, I don't think Nakaba has big plans for her. I hope I'm wrong of course. But if the movie is all about her, I like her to use his energy to fully revive the goddess clan. If it was not for the wrong decisions of SD and DK, noone would suffer this much. So how SD will pay for her sin?
So IF SD was gonna leave the NnT universe for real, then the revived GC WOULD need a ruler. Mael and Ludo could have a more important role than being mere killing machines in this case.