Anime - Nanatsu no Taizai The Movie: Cursed By Light (Subs out) | Page 11 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Nanatsu no Taizai The Movie: Cursed By Light (Subs out)

Samael Morningstar

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
India
Everything fine with the movie but my only regret is that Mael as always getting sidelined and seemingly has no important role in the film

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Did Zeldris get a mark upgrade or am I remembering wrong? It looks just like "Emotionless Meliodas".

Shadowlord123

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Nigga it's not the first time Mael got sidelined, after the Mael reveal he's been completely sidelined in every occasion
I know. It was meant to be a joke in reference to Elizabeth even being way more sidelined than Mael :XD

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
TBH I wouldn't say Elizabeth is sidelined. She is relevant in many ways, she just doesn't get the kind of screentime her fans wanted from her: She being some kind of badass lady of war.

Bang

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Ukraine
We've had like 5000 trailers and none of them properly featured hawk-sama how is that even legal

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States
Did Zeldris get a mark upgrade or am I remembering wrong? It looks just like "Emotionless Meliodas".
yes he got it in s4 it’s his third one demon Mark (which is the full one) when he uses ominous nebula and goes all out
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

We've had like 5000 trailers and none of them properly featured hawk-sama how is that even legal
Actually both hawk and wild where seen on the movies poster so they will be in it to some capacity

Last edited:

Geldax

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Few characters get sidelined.

While Supreme Deity: "Am I a joke to you?"

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States
image0.png (657×365) (discordapp.com)

i still wanna know wtf Zeldris is doing and holding in this shot, it Looks like a duster or something like that but hes angry and hurt so i dont think thats it and he has his sword out too so lol

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum

Synopsis and all

@OtakuFreak man good for you Elizabeth finally awakens her true power and fights against the SD

But yeah Ultimately it's Mel and Zel who beat her but still

Everyone's got their Moments and fights

But Mael...............
I'd be happy for this, even if she wasn't the one to deal the final blow or ultimate defeat the Supreme Deity, as long as she has some relevance, or in this case, has a decent fight against her mother, I'll take it.

No one should expect Elizabeth to overshadow the Sins especially in a movie
That's the attitude which leads to characters like Mael and Elizabeth getting sidelined though. I mean she's the main female character lol, in a movie where the main villain is her mother, she should absolutely have more relevance than pretty much all the sins except maybe Mel.

I'm also not sure if Elizabeth really would be able to "kill" her mother. I mean not because of her strenght, I mean we all know how "pure" her heart and character is and if she really want to do it. But there is still that name "Bloody Eli"? Maybe could be a state without her emotion like 10C Mel?
We saw her perfectly happy trying to kill the Demon King. It's clear Elizabeth doesn't love or care for her mother, because after all, this is the Deity who cursed her and allowed her lover to suffer for over 3000 years.

- Elizabeth fans:

I love you shadow

TBH I wouldn't say Elizabeth is sidelined. She is relevant in many ways, she just doesn't get the kind of screentime her fans wanted from her: She being some kind of badass lady of war.
I mean Nakaba tells us ''Hey, Elizabeth used to be this badass warrior 3000+ years ago and was feared by the demons'' and then proceeds to have her get little screen time in fights. You cant really tease the fans and then expect them to not be upset. Same thing for Mael, he's this Angel of Death but then becomes a coward very quickly for plot convenience.

As for the movie, why should Elizabeth not overshadow the sins? This movie has the Supreme Deity as the main villain, who's Elizabeth's original mother. I assume, just like with Mel/Zel and the Demon King, these two have their own shared history and feelings towards one another. It's only fair, that Elizabeth, gets some good screen time against her mother and plays a big role in defeating her. It would be good closure for them both, and hopefully, it would also open the door for Nakaba to explore into their history a little, because we know absolutely nothing about these two, or how Elizabeth was before Mel was her lover. Was she the SD's soldier? Did she want to be the next SD like Mel with the DK throne? Who knows.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Although I wonder what Elizabeth ''awakening'' her power will mean. If I had to guess, maybe it would have to do with those light wings she has that were never explained fully. Or maybe some type of Supreme Deity power-up.

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd be happy for this, even if she wasn't the one to deal the final blow or ultimate defeat the Supreme Deity, as long as she has some relevance, or in this case, has a decent fight against her mother, I'll take it.

That's the attitude which leads to characters like Mael and Elizabeth getting sidelined though. I mean she's the main female character lol, in a movie where the main villain is her mother, she should absolutely have more relevance than pretty much all the sins except maybe Mel.

We saw her perfectly happy trying to kill the Demon King. It's clear Elizabeth doesn't love or care for her mother, because after all, this is the Deity who cursed her and allowed her lover to suffer for over 3000 years.

I love you shadow

I mean Nakaba tells us ''Hey, Elizabeth used to be this badass warrior 3000+ years ago and was feared by the demons'' and then proceeds to have her get little screen time in fights. You cant really tease the fans and then expect them to not be upset. Same thing for Mael, he's this Angel of Death but then becomes a coward very quickly for plot convenience.

As for the movie, why should Elizabeth not overshadow the sins? This movie has the Supreme Deity as the main villain, who's Elizabeth's original mother. I assume, just like with Mel/Zel and the Demon King, these two have their own shared history and feelings towards one another. It's only fair, that Elizabeth, gets some good screen time against her mother and plays a big role in defeating her. It would be good closure for them both, and hopefully, it would also open the door for Nakaba to explore into their history a little, because we know absolutely nothing about these two, or how Elizabeth was before Mel was her lover. Was she the SD's soldier? Did she want to be the next SD like Mel with the DK throne? Who knows.

Although I wonder what Elizabeth ''awakening'' her power will mean. If I had to guess, maybe it would have to do with those light wings she has that were never explained fully. Or maybe some type of Supreme Deity power-up.
it would be nice that if Elizabeth would get a power up but im not expecting it but it would nice. But you also have to remember that mel and zel overshadowing her are to be expected as their relationship as brothers is one of the main points of the movie so them having more screentime than her isnt a shock. However, that doesnt mean she wont do anything and i dont doubt she wont do jack shit. She will help how much though remains to be seen but she wont not do anything

Mighty Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
it would be nice that if Elizabeth would get a power up but im not expecting it but it would nice. But you also have to remember that mel and zel overshadowing her are to be expected as their relationship as brothers is one of the main points of the movie so them having more screentime than her isnt a shock. However, that doesnt mean she wont do anything and i dont doubt she wont do jack shit. She will help how much though remains to be seen but she wont not do anything
We have seen enough weird decisions by Nakaba Suzuki that this one doesn't surprise me anymore.

Using a single movie to introduce 3 villains with such importance to the plot and relevance to three major clans is no joke for sure. Every second is important when you want to put so much information in such a short time and maintain the structure of the story at the same time.I mean It has already entered the realm of contradiction even before the movie is out, some character profiles don't match their NnT whereabouts.

If it's the only opportunity for SD to show up, relationships between SD and Elizabeth and Mael should be explored as well. It's a more immediate and obvious necessity rather than recurring elements from NnT. But suddenly, the relationship between brothers becomes the main focus. Funny thing is Nakaba would always have the time to mention it in the sequel as both of them are active and various kinds of Flashbacks, Side stories, and other Special chapters could be dedicated to this so called brotherly relationship. Cursed by Light is supposed to be the true ending of NnT before it's time skip and tell us the final story of THE SEVEN DEADLY SINS. Even Meliodas himself shouldn't be robbing others of their relevance and screentime, let alone an element from his subplot.

It's decided for the movie, so there is nothing we can do about, but it's a very bad decision. I would not be surprised if this promise of focusing on relationships was also demoted to some combined actions and a few emotional dialogues void of actual impact. Their relationship was the main point of the final arcs of NnT. I seriously doubt if there is anything else Nakaba could add.

Love: checked.
Struggle: Checked.
Remorse: Checked.
Sympathy: Checked.
Reunion: Checked.
Re-establishing the shattered trust: Checked.
Redemption (from both sides): Checked.

Their relationship reached a nice conclusion. Combined techniques aren't about relationships but fan service and fake hype. Drinking sake together is not a plot point. I don't know what was left of their relationships to be a main focus of the movie when it is gonna contain several more important and fully unexplored topics.

I love you shadow

I agree. Elizabeth has to have a meaningful presence in the movie. Not necessarily as the one who destroys SD, but as a Necessary Step towards the final resolution. (I'm still worried about the greatest asspull of the millennium. Other than Arthur, no kne has godly powers anymore, and Elizabeth is a much more relevant candidate for it than Mel/Zel in fact.)

However, Elizabeth doesn't have the criteria of a main character. She is present everywhere, but she is not a main character. Main characters are defined by their roles in the story, and Elizabeth has the role of a side character. Of course it's not a bad thing and doesn't mean she should be sidelined. But a main character? No she isn't.

Last edited:

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States
We have seen enough weird decisions by Nakaba Suzuki that this one doesn't surprise me anymore.

Using a single movie to introduce 3 villains with such importance to the plot and relevance to three major clans is no joke for sure. Every second is important when you want to put so much information in such a short time and maintain the structure of the story at the same time.I mean It has already entered the realm of contradiction even before the movie is out, some character profiles don't match their NnT whereabouts.

If it's the only opportunity for SD to show up, relationships between SD and Elizabeth and Mael should be explored as well. It's a more immediate and obvious necessity rather than recurring elements from NnT. But suddenly, the relationship between brothers becomes the main focus. Funny thing is Nakaba would always have the time to mention it in the sequel as both of them are active and various kinds of Flashbacks, Side stories, and other Special chapters could be dedicated to this so called brotherly relationship. Cursed by Light is supposed to be the true ending of NnT before it's time skip and tell us the final story of THE SEVEN DEADLY SINS. Even Meliodas himself shouldn't be robbing others of their relevance and screentime, let alone an element from his subplot.

It's decided for the movie, so there is nothing we can do about, but it's a very bad decision. I would not be surprised if this promise of focusing on relationships was also demoted to some combined actions and a few emotional dialogues void of actual impact. Their relationship was the main point of the final arcs of NnT. I seriously doubt if there is anything else Nakaba could add.

Love: checked.
Struggle: Checked.
Remorse: Checked.
Sympathy: Checked.
Reunion: Checked.
Re-establishing the shattered trust: Checked.
Redemption (from both sides): Checked.

Their relationship reached a nice conclusion. Combined techniques aren't about relationships but fan service and fake hype. Drinking sake together is not a plot point. I don't know what was left of their relationships to be a main focus of the movie when it is gonna contain several more important and fully unexplored topics.

I agree. Elizabeth has to have a meaningful presence in the movie. Not necessarily as the one who destroys SD, but as a Necessary Step towards the final resolution. (I'm still worried about the greatest asspull of the millennium. Other than Arthur, no kne has godly powers anymore, and Elizabeth is a much more relevant candidate for it than Mel/Zel in fact.)

However, Elizabeth doesn't have the criteria of a main character. She is present everywhere, but she is not a main character. Main characters are defined by their roles in the story, and Elizabeth has the role of a side character. Of course it's not a bad thing and doesn't mean she should be sidelined. But a main character? No she isn't.
I don’t agree with it being a bad decision because a lot of the main points we are getting in the movie never happened in the manga. Like we never got brotherly moments between Mel and zel period which we should’ve gotten but didn’t. There’s also King and Diane’s wedding which again we never got in the manga when we should’ve. The SD we never saw anything of so there’s that too. We never saw or barely heard anything about dahila or dabs either. We didn’t get to see the demon realm after zeldris took it over or at all before that either. Nakaba made this movie specifically to show things he didn’t get to in the manga. So yes not everyone is going to get the same amount of screen time etc Just because the SD is the main villain doesn’t automatically mean Eli and Mael will be the main focus of it. Should they do something in the movie? Absolutely but it’s not the main focus of the movie. And y’all have to understand that. They will be no it no doubt but what they do depends on nakaba. I agree Eli and mael should help fight and should do something. But don’t expect them to be MCs in the movie cause it’s not what it’s about. Be grateful they are in it at all and this movie is happening cause Nakaba didn’t have to do it period.

Mighty Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I don’t agree with it being a bad decision because a lot of the main points we are getting in the movie never happened in the manga. Like we never got brotherly moments between Mel and zel period which we should’ve gotten but didn’t. There’s also King and Diane’s wedding which again we never got in the manga when we should’ve. The SD we never saw anything of so there’s that too. We never saw or barely heard anything about dahila or dabs either. We didn’t get to see the demon realm after zeldris took it over or at all before that either. Nakaba made this movie specifically to show things he didn’t get to in the manga. So yes not everyone is going to get the same amount of screen time etc Just because the SD is the main villain doesn’t automatically mean Eli and Mael will be the main focus of it. Should they do something in the movie? Absolutely but it’s not the main focus of the movie. And y’all have to understand that. They will be no it no doubt but what they do depends on nakaba. I agree Eli and mael should help fight and should do something. But don’t expect them to be MCs in the movie cause it’s not what it’s about. Be grateful they are in it at all and this movie is happening cause Nakaba didn’t have to do it period.
Dear @Zorra_akuma , I'm terribly sorry, but your post as a REPLY to mine doesn't contain any actual answer to my analysis. Your post perfectly works as an explanation of your own expectations from movie with no connection to what I mentioned in my post.

If you have any reason to prove that the story of Meliodas and Zeldris is STRUCTURALLY INCOMPLETE and is yet to reach a meaningful conclusion, I'm more than willing to read your analysis.

I need to ask this question from you or anyone else who believes Zeldris is the best candidate to be the MC here.
Who Are The MCs Of The True Ending Of The Seven Deadly Sins Story?

Be grateful? Who should be grateful? Zeldris fans should be grateful, that's the undeniable fact. But why in the world an Elizabeth fan should be grateful?
Elizabeth appeared in NnT even before Meliodas, and has never had a befitting character moment. She was just used as an ex machina like 4 times in the whole series? If she doesn't deserve to be the focus of this move and the final fight with SD, then who actually is?

I'm a fan of Escanor, and I'm just gonna watch the movie to see if Nakaba is smart enough to conclude his plot here or not. But the fact that you ask others to be grateful because you are OK with the movie is so aweful. You know there are more unanswered questions about SD, Dahlia, Dabs, Elizabeth and Mael and there is a waste of screentime to focus on the brotherly moments. But we should be grateful? Hell no.
I'd suggest you edit that part of your post because it doesn't seem very @Zorra_akuma like. It's your right to have your emotional judgments about everything, but is hurting others also necessary?

Those who want more Elizabeth have a more legitimate demand than those who want more Zeldris. Why? Because Elizabeth has a more structurally incomplete storyline than Zeldris period.

In fact, Nakaba should be grateful to have such patient audience who stick with his work even after all the bad decisions and scandals they faced with in post purgatory NnT and its true ending. Period.

Last edited:

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dear @Zorra_akuma , I'm terribly sorry, but your post as a REPLY to mine doesn't contain any actual answer to my analysis. Your post perfectly works as an explanation of your own expectations from movie with no connection to what I mentioned in my post.

If you have any reason to prove that the story of Meliodas and Zeldris is STRUCTURALLY INCOMPLETE and is yet to reach a meaningful conclusion, I'm more than willing to read your analysis.

I need to ask this question from you or anyone else who believes Zeldris is the best candidate to be the MC here.
Who Are The MCs Of The True Ending Of The Seven Deadly Sins Story?

Be grateful? Who should be grateful? Zeldris fans should be grateful, that's the undeniable fact. But why in the world an Elizabeth fan should be grateful?
Elizabeth appeared in NnT even before Meliodas, and has never had a befitting character moment. She was just used as an ex machina like 4 times in the whole series? If she doesn't deserve to be the focus of this move and the final fight with SD, then who actually is?

I'm a fan of Escanor, and I'm just gonna watch the movie to see if Nakaba is smart enough to conclude his plot here or not. But the fact that you ask others to be grateful because you are OK with the movie is so aweful. You know there are more unanswered questions about SD, Dahlia, Dabs, Elizabeth and Mael and there is a waste of screentime to focus on the brotherly moments. But we should be grateful? Hell no.
I'd suggest you edit that part of your post because it doesn't seem very @Zorra_akuma like. It's your right to have your emotional judgments about everything, but is hurting others also necessary?

Those who want more Elizabeth have a more legitimate demand than those who want more Zeldris. Why? Because Elizabeth has a more structurally incomplete storyline than Zeldris period.

In fact, Nakaba should be grateful to have such patient audience who stick with his work even after all the bad decisions and scandals they faced with in post purgatory NnT and its true ending. Period.
okay First off i didnt hurt anyone's feelings by saying that they should be grateful the movie exists because we ALL should not just fans of certain characters because again nakaba didnt have to do the movie period. weather your fav characters get the ample screentime you want them to or not you should be happy they are in it at all period. they arent all going to get the same amount of screentime thats just a fact like some things will not be touched at all and thats just how it is. and we dont know what Elizabeth will do in the movie cause we;ve only gotten some trailers that show little parts of the battle. it doesnt show the full thing therefore we dont know what role Elizabeth will play she may do more then we think they arent just going to spell it out for you in the trailers so saying she wont do anything or wont get screentime isnt a correct assumption because the movie isnt even out so you cant judge that at all. like me and many other people have said its not like she wont anything yall jsut wont accept that fact becuase you want her to be an mc which i dont disagree wtih i do think she should be an mc and i dont doubt she wont be considering alot of things. what she does in the movie still remains to be seen. so you cant say "elizabeht is sidelined in the movie" when you dont know if thats true. Second off my reply post was in response to you saying it was a bad decision on nakaba's part to "sideline people" because meliodas shouldnt be overshadowing the sins but again you dont know that because the sins could still do alot youre just making your assumptions based on the trailers which is fine to do but again you dont know. and to answer your question honestly i think he should be an mc over others idk but should he be one yes because hes the dk and we havent seen him since he left in 333 and we finally get to see the demon realm because of him ruling it which again is something we never saw in the actual manga so its world building. We find out what hes been up to and what is power is etc so yes i do think hes a good choice because of relvance to the plot of the movie that being they attack the demon realm so zeldris SHOULD do soemthing because hes the leader of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Son Detective Asurei

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, there's a lot that was thrown away and not shown in the manga besides the brotherhood between Meliodas and Zeldris in the manga. The honest truth is that there's nothing the film can or will achieve and do that will make up for it.

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, there's a lot that was thrown away and not shown in the manga besides the brotherhood between Meliodas and Zeldris in the manga. The honest truth is that there's nothing the film can or will achieve and do that will make up for it.
Yes I agree and I named some of them but yeah you can’t cover it all sadly but I’m happy with what we are getting

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Plus not everyone is a manga reader.
Considering that the posters and teasers and trailers still leave manga readers of both pre and post movie timeline series with serious questions other than what's going on with Escanor, they could've still done things differently.

Dahlia used to look like this in the 3DS game that came out in 2015. After he relinquished the throne to King some 1000 years ago he walked into the gym and never came back, until now. Or maybe there's hormones in the groundwater of the Fairy King's Forest. Must be all those factories.
Thank you, I laughed for 3 minutes straight🤣
Eh, it could be her possessing Mael, which is a sure possibility IMO.
I'd rather we got Elizabeth's version of SD than a 4.0 possession(also counting Mael's situation with the 4 TC)
It may be a mere drawing mistake or she is in fact ... weaker?
Or she's been specifically drawn facing away because that's actually Elizabeth in SD form, proving she meant that "I'll fight you..."
1. Ellie was always a god in disguise but was too afraid/shy! to activate her powers!
It would be her altered temper and personality in choosing less harmful methods than straight out murder...maybe she only unlocks a somewhat inferior form to her mother's(and I would accept that, if it comes with personality-driven motivation) and that also explains why she has to share front line with her husband and brother-in-law.

Also I didn’t know Giants can live for thousands of years.
Diane is still a teen at 750-752...technically a 15 year old in human years.
Hey hey hey it seems like SD has possesed someone and appeared and from the looks of it it's an feminine body so probably she's possessing Elizabeth!!!!! Dabuza and Dal say that they are not alone so probably SD is with them, yo @OtakuFreak good thing for you man
Why would Possession 4.0/5.0 be a satisfactory plot-twist?
Sadly not, that leaked video clearly shows Elizabeth speaking to her mother and then Mel/Zel end up defeating her.
Are we sure they gave us the teasers already clearly edited for the movie's accurate timeline?

Is someone going to tell Nakaba noone likes Elizabeth. What happened to the demon bros Indura modes ffs.
It's rude to dub Elizabeth's fans "no one". I never aimed to be a Faceless Man/Woman.:hmph
Yeah, Zel and Mel defeating the SD doesn't make much sense. The Sins, who were amped, were barely managing with the DK (though for whatever reason, Mel stayed in Assault Mode instead of using True Magic) and it took Meliodas giving up his True Magic form to destroy the commandments that remained.

Mel and Zel using Indura forms in this movie would make sense, and they can fall back onto Elizabeth saving them since we saw her do it in the past.
If she unlocks her SD form, the latter detail could be worked through, but do you think Nakaba cares to go there?
well...if Zel is indeed new DK...it's kind his job no?
Nope, his job, other than ruling the DC, is to maintain "balance" with the SD, whoever that may be...and however that may go by their weird textbooks.
No one should expect Elizabeth to overshadow the Sins especially in a movie.

This movie seems too be marketed like the recent Dragon Ball movies with Mel as Goku and Zel as Vegeta. Of course I expect the other Sins especially King and Diane to have their moments but you get the idea.
That would drive fans of main female characters not only away from the Taizai series, but from the sequel as well, since it cements his tendencies to fail in developing said female characters even if he creates and hypes them.
She is a main character, even if Nakaba went back on all his attempts to build her up(he never even managed the funky ecchi trolling Mashima pulls on Lucy) and her fans should actually expect her taking the helm of the SD battle, considering that he dared give a full arc to the unraveling of the Mael/Estarossa situation( and this guy is an episodic character) plus he did that in the main manga corpus.
He should know by now a part of the fandom is heavily disappointed with how he ditched both the female heroine and a 3rd of the original Godly trio in a mire(that claim about mysteries doesn't fool anyone, we've all read it as him being too lazy to develop the GC) and the plotlines related to them. Closing that chapter for Elizabeth/her mother in the movie that many won't recognise as canon no matter what people say is the least he can do, even if the original SD somehow makes it into the sequel too.
But if he doesn't, then I'll lose all minimal interest I have in Anne and even the rest of the 4 KoA main gang, since he'll give me no choice but to fear his following the exact same patterns and steps he did with Taizai.
It means he is bound to have more screentime than usual since his relationship with his brother seems to be at the core this time, that's all there is to it.
Where was that officially stated?
So SD has the biggest titties in nnt
You were still wondering about that?! 😵😳😂

Nigga it's not the first time Mael got sidelined, after the Mael reveal he's been completely sidelined in every occasion
He's an episodic character who got a full arc in the main manga...that is nowhere in the realm of sidelined.
Do you want me to build a monster post with all the times Nakaba dropped the ball for her healer/support alternate career? Or for her identity as a goddess after her reveal as one...who can even display power?
Few characters get sidelined.

While Supreme Deity: "Am I a joke to you?"
Some main female characters get sidelined(even Diane got stomped on her foot development wise), one gets downgraded to silly eternal tween with an unrequited crush...
Supreme Deity: "Do I even want Nakaba to remember he created me?"

I love you shadow

Yes, the poster got me thinking about that whole "SD with her back to the audience" thing, when the other 2 antagonists show their faces to us. She could have her face halo-ed out just as before, but she's been introduced already so I see no point in having her with her back turned around unless it's not the original SD they're showing. I know regular Elizabeth is in the poster...but plenty of the SD's poster design doesn't compute with what Nakaba drew originally, nor with what Deen animated and what we see in the snippets has too much light for us to figure out exactly how much of the original design for the SD made it into the movie to compare.
I disagree with this bit, since main characters, even in adventure stories, will not always also be action figures, or always directly involved(but the main storyline revolved around the consequences of her romance with Meliodas and they were there for the whole development of it, just unequally developed by themselves).
Nakaba did start out her portrayal as a main female who needed development, just like the sins, regardless how OP the Sins were or with a rep preceding them, and just got lazy, ran out of ideas or started hating her for whatever reason down the road...he did almost the same thing to Diane and even to one of the main antagonists...the SD...ironic, isn't it? Just because the writer fails to properly write a part of their story doesn't really change their role in the story. It's just that for Meliodas and some of the mains Nakaba applied the show don't tell, and for her the opposite method in background, range of abilities and potential.
Wait, I think there are some Escanor and Gowther fans with cents to share on treatment of mains too.

I do believe Elizabeth is due her SD transformation at this point, whether she loses the power-up or not, by the end of the movie...Nakaba used to build one of the most interesting puzzles with her character, he should complete it once and for all. He built up for Merlin(and will likely continue in the sequel), he did for Meliodas, King, Ban, to some extent for Escanor(even if he basically wiped him out over borrowed power) and Gowther too(I think there's still room for him in the sequel, though, his oddity could make him a good pop-in/pop-out mystery helper and supporter-he has to make up for traumatising the boys with too vivid memories from their parents)...he should just complete the portrait of the source for half the dread
Tristan as a potential KoA inspires

Last edited:

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States
Considering that the posters and teasers and trailers still leave manga readers of both pre and post movie timeline series with serious questions other than what's going on with Escanor, they could've still done things differently.

Thank you, I laughed for 3 minutes straight🤣

I'd rather we got Elizabeth's version of SD than a 4.0 possession(also counting Mael's situation with the 4 TC)

Or she's been specifically drawn facing away because that's actually Elizabeth in SD form, proving she meant that "I'll fight you..."

It would be her altered temper and personality in choosing less harmful methods than straight out murder...maybe she only unlocks a somewhat inferior form to her mother's(and I would accept that, if it comes with personality-driven motivation) and that also explains why she has to share front line with her husband and brother-in-law.

Diane is still a teen at 750-752...technically a 15 year old in human years.

Why would Possession 4.0/5.0 be a satisfactory plot-twist?

Are we sure they gave us the teasers already clearly edited for the movie's accurate timeline?

It's rude to dub Elizabeth's fans "no one". I never aimed to be a Faceless Man/Woman.:hmph

If she unlocks her SD form, the latter detail could be worked through, but do you think Nakaba cares to go there?

Nope, his job, other than ruling the DC, is to maintain "balance" with the SD, whoever that may be...and however that may go by their weird textbooks.

That would drive fans of main female characters not only away from the Taizai series, but from the sequel as well, since it cements his tendencies to fail in developing said female characters even if he creates and hypes them.
She is a main character, even if Nakaba went back on all his attempts to build her up(he never even managed the funky ecchi trolling Mashima pulls on Lucy) and her fans should actually expect her taking the helm of the SD battle, considering that he dared give a full arc to the unraveling of the Mael/Estarossa situation( and this guy is an episodic character) plus he did that in the main manga corpus.
He should know by now a part of the fandom is heavily disappointed with how he ditched both the female heroine and a 3rd of the original Godly trio in a mire(that claim about mysteries doesn't fool anyone, we've all read it as him being too lazy to develop the GC) and the plotlines related to them. Closing that chapter for Elizabeth/her mother in the movie that many won't recognise as canon no matter what people say is the least he can do, even if the original SD somehow makes it into the sequel too.
But if he doesn't, then I'll lose all minimal interest I have in Anne and even the rest of the 4 KoA main gang, since he'll give me no choice but to fear his following the exact same patterns and steps he did with Taizai.

Where was that officially stated?

You were still wondering about that?! 😵😳😂

He's an episodic character who got a full arc in the main manga...that is nowhere in the realm of sidelined.

Do you want me to build a monster post with all the times Nakaba dropped the ball for her healer/support alternate career? Or for her identity as a goddess after her reveal as one...who can even display power?

Some main female characters get sidelined(even Diane got stomped on her foot development wise), one gets downgraded to silly eternal tween with an unrequited crush...
Supreme Deity: "Do I even want Nakaba to remember he created me?"

Yes, the poster got me thinking about that whole "SD with her back to the audience" thing, when the other 2 antagonists show their faces to us. She could have her face halo-ed out just as before, but she's been introduced already so I see no point in having her with her back turned around unless it's not the original SD they're showing. I know regular Elizabeth is in the poster...but plenty of the SD's poster design doesn't compute with what Nakaba drew originally, nor with what Deen animated and what we see in the snippets has too much light for us to figure out exactly how much of the original design for the SD made it into the movie to compare.

I disagree with this bit, since main characters, even in adventure stories, will not always also be action figures, or always directly involved(but the main storyline revolved around the consequences of her romance with Meliodas and they were there for the whole development of it, just unequally developed by themselves).
Nakaba did start out her portrayal as a main female who needed development, just like the sins, regardless how OP the Sins were or with a rep preceding them, and just got lazy, ran out of ideas or started hating her for whatever reason down the road...he did almost the same thing to Diane and even to one of the main antagonists...the SD...ironic, isn't it? Just because the writer fails to properly write a part of their story doesn't really change their role in the story. It's just that for Meliodas and some of the mains Nakaba applied the show don't tell, and for her the opposite method in background, range of abilities and potential.
Wait, I think there are some Escanor and Gowther fans with cents to share on treatment of mains too.

I do believe Elizabeth is due her SD transformation at this point, whether she loses the power-up or not, by the end of the movie...Nakaba used to build one of the most interesting puzzles with her character, he should complete it once and for all. He built up for Merlin(and will likely continue in the sequel), he did for Meliodas, King, Ban, to some extent for Escanor(even if he basically wiped him out over borrowed power) and Gowther too(I think there's still room for him in the sequel, though, his oddity could make him a good pop-in/pop-out mystery helper and supporter-he has to make up for traumatising the boys with too vivid memories from their parents)...he should just complete the portrait of the source for half the dread
Tristan as a potential KoA inspires
I would like her to get a new cool power up cause she definitely deserves it and it’s over due but I’m not holding my breathe on that one. But who knows could be wrong.