Anime - Nanatsu no Taizai The Movie: Cursed By Light (Subs out) | Page 30 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Nanatsu no Taizai The Movie: Cursed By Light (Subs out)

Son Detective Asurei

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Okay, let's discover the SD's face, straight from the booklet:

Man, does she look like the Wicked Witch of the West from the Wizard of Oz.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Just noticed that SD has a stupid pointy nose
Well, now, we know that at the very least Elizabeth surpasses her in something.

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is kinda bad...

"I want you to see the brotherly love between Meliodas and Zeldris before all else. As for the members of the Seven Deadly Sins, I hope you'll also feel the fun mood of the early part of the original work."

A little more from the booklet:

Liones kingdom - Castle town - Back street
Fairy King Forest great trees - Wedding ceremony venue

Passage to the Demon realm - Entrance
Demon realm - Demon King's castle - Indura cage

Demon realm - Demon King's castle - Interior
Demon realm - Safety zone cave

Sky ruins - Funeral flower garden
Was using google translate don’t @ me of it was wrong lol but thanks for correcting it

Heart_LoveXX

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Man, does she look like the Wicked Witch of the West from the Wizard of Oz.
Yes - that's it! Lol, for the life of me I was just sitting there looking at the side view of her trying to pinpoint who she reminded me of.

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is kinda bad...

"I want you to see the brotherly love between Meliodas and Zeldris before all else. As for the members of the Seven Deadly Sins, I hope you'll also feel the fun mood of the early part of the original work."

Wow the demon realm got really expanded upon all that looks so cool 😱🥺❤

OtakuFreak

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Demon realm looks cool, shame we didn't get to see the Supreme Deity's castle as well.

FKS

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
France
Wow the demon realm got really expanded upon all that looks so cool 😱🥺❤
Of course it did, after all, part of the action happens in the Demon realm where Mel and Zel fight Dahlia and Dubs.

Demon realm looks cool, shame we didn't get to see the Supreme Deity's castle as well.
The only castles that matter in the movie are the Liones and Demon realm ones. We aren't going to see much of the Goddesses realm apart from the flower garden.

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States
Of course it did, after all, part of the action happens in the Demon realm where Mel and Zel fight Dahlia and Dubs.

The only castles that matter in the movie are the Liones and Demon realm ones. We aren't going to see much of the Goddesses realm apart from the flower garden.
It’s what I’ve always wanted was to see the demon realm so I’m happy we are getting that

Rizaadxn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Finally we see the Demon Realm, looks pretty cool.

sobreno

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
Where did you guys see the Demon Realm?

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is kinda bad...

from this post @sobreno
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Zeldris’s henchmen today

FKS

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
France
TL:
"Seven Deadly Sins - Cursed by Light"
*Suzuki Nakaba-sensei's secret story*
A secret story about the production of the visual of demons voiced by Kirin's Kawashima Akira and NON STYLE's Inoue Yuusuke.
"I drew the demons to match their images, Kawashima-san is a sober one with a becoming nice voice while Inoue-san is one dressed like a clown."

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States

Zeldris today

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
Still no summary yet?

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Still no summary yet?
One was posted on reddit today, not sure if entirely legitimate but some of the points seem to fit in line of what's been shared in this thread.

Have a look:
As usual, Elizabeth gets literally nothing for this movie despite the main villain being her mother and the enemies being the Goddesses. Just some healing and a purification technique is what she gets, while Mel/Zel once again get an entire movie to ''fix'' their relationship despite having an entire arc for themselves in the manga for this purpose.

This movie is pretty much a joke if you're looking at any character but Mel/Zel. What a waste. Mael/Eliz should've been the focus of this movie, not the already oversaturated demon brothers.

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain

So, assuming this summary is true, let's take a look at the SD's amazing development:

> Is introduced as one of the two Gods of the verse and clearly one of the two main villains along with the Demon King.

> Doesn't appear anymore after chapter 224 and doesn't utter a single word through the entirety of the main series.

> Nobody seems to remember her at all. Not even Meliodas or Elizabeth. Almost as if she hardly existed in the main series.

> The author literally retcons the previously established fact that she was the one who cursed Elizabeth to further humiliate the Demon King and don't let her appear in the main story for whatever reason.

> Is fully introduced and "developed" at the later part of a movie beneath the average length despite the fact that she's one of the two main villains of the series.

> Her magic is a carbon copy of the Ruler, only that it's for physical attacks instead of magic.

> The rest of her abilities seem to be rather unimaginative and completely unrelated to the Graces (which also seems to contradict the way she was introduced initially; showings signs of all the Graces in her, implying she could use all of those abilities). I mean, lightning was already being used by the Demon King and it does seem to be one of the very few abilities the SD uses in this movie.

> Is killed after probably 20 minutes of fight at best and without revealing any interesting info and lore.

> Her relationship with her daughter, the AA and the entirety of the Goddess Clan is left mostly unexplored.

We shat on the Demon King for non-stop jobbing and cliche personality and motivations, but my god does he still look far better than the Supreme Deity if all those summaries and the info we've seen so far are true. He pretty much got VIP treatment in comparison to his light counterpart lol.

Actually, if all of what I've written ends up being accurate like the info we've got so far seems to imply, the Supreme Deity might very well be one of the worst treated villains in all of the manga history. It's not that she was badly developed. The term "bad development" should be used for characters that actually got some sort of development IMO. As things stand now, I don't really think the SD was developed at all. Nakaba literally didn't even try at all when it came to her. If she was going to treat her like this, it would have been better to never introduce her in the first place and leave the DK as the only main villain.

Pretty much the same can be said for the entirety of the Goddess Clan btw. Dunno if Nakaba had originally planned to treat them all like this or some external circumstances forced him to do so. Leaving aside all of what this comment could imply regarding my opinion of Nakaba, surprisingly, I don't really think he's a bad writer. A good portion of this series shows this. The Mael/Estarossa reveal was executed brilliantly and there was a point in which the villains were developed and treated in a respectful way and things made sense. Sure thing, even those chapters weren't a complete masterpiece and had their own flaws (like any work of fiction really, it also depends on the perspective of each reader). But after a certain point, it just felt like he stopped caring (mainly after chapter 280 and beyond IMO).

Pretty sad I'll end up leaving this series thinking of what it could have been instead of what has been. I guess my last hope is in thinking the movie will be a little different from the summary, but this is quite unlikely (not to mention the number of concepts that should be treated demands way more than just 1 hour and 20 minutes in my eyes).

Son Detective Asurei

Reaction score
Country
United States
One was posted on reddit today, not sure if entirely legitimate but some of the points seem to fit in line of what's been shared in this thread.

Have a look:
As usual, Elizabeth gets literally nothing for this movie despite the main villain being her mother and the enemies being the Goddesses. Just some healing and a purification technique is what she gets, while Mel/Zel once again get an entire movie to ''fix'' their relationship despite having an entire arc for themselves in the manga for this purpose.

This movie is pretty much a joke if you're looking at any character but Mel/Zel. What a waste. Mael/Eliz should've been the focus of this movie, not the already oversaturated demon brothers.
This film sucks beyond belief. To me, this feels like a final cash grab.

Well, at the very least my love of the latest film of Rurouni Kenshin The Beginning is more than enough to make up for this sh*t of a film from Taizai.