Anime Nanatsu no Taizai The Movie: Cursed By Light (Subs out)

Blazar

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
''He fought 10 people'' - Yeah, because of his daddy's magical immunity lol. Without it, he's pretty weak and outclassed by almost all of the sins and any of the top tier demons/angels.

The worst thing is, the Demon King legit one-shots Zeldris and there's no reason the Supreme Deity couldn't do the same, but this is Nakaba, so consistency doesn't exist.

You're not listening. You refuse to listen because this is one of your favourite characters, so fuck all sense of logic right?

There's no fair explanation as to how Mel & Zel can handle the Supreme Deity in a 2v1 when it took all of the sins, Elizabeth/Gelda & Zeldris weakening the Demon King on the inside for an entity equal to the SD to be defeated. And 2 of the people in the fight were already individually relative to the DK. Mel lost his God powers after this fight and is much weaker, Zel is fodder, so where's the logic in Mel + Zel = SD.. ?

I don't care if Mel/Zel got ''stronger'' in these 6 months (which they shouldn't have since there's peace now) because it makes no sense either way. If it takes 6 months to reach SD/DK level then the series just breaks in on itself.

No. It should take the 6 sins, Elizabeth, Mael, Zeldris & even Arthur (maybe) to defeat the Supreme Deity. Not just Zeldris and a weaker Mel lol. He's not even using assault mode in the spoiler clips against her, just regular demon mark mode.

It's just another situation where Mel defeats the final villain while holding back, a typical cliche Nakaba loves to use to indirectly hype/praise his favourite character.

That's only one part of it. Yes, Elizabeth is getting side-lined (once again) which definitely doesn't please me, but if the movie was ACTUALLY GOOD I would be fine with it.

But the movie isn't good. It's utter shit.

Almost every single character but Meliodas & Zeldris is cast aside in favour for more oversaturated content of the demon brothers.

How is a movie dedicated to Elizabeth's mother, not involve Mael, Elizabeth, or even just the Goddesses as a race? No lore, nothing of real substance, nothing.

How is a movie involving Dahlia, not involving King? A databook lists Dahlia as someone King greatly respects, even more than Mel who basically changed his entire life around.

How is a movie involving Dabuzu & the giants, not involve Diane? She's the Giant Queen now, surely she should have some scenes with her race right? Nah.

How is the Supreme Deity getting equalled by Meliodas & Zeldris when they struggled, lost, and were sealed by Dahlia & Dabuzu, inferiors to the SD herself?

Like, this movie is just bad in every aspect. A lot of the characters are underutilised, easy moments to input actual lore and substance to the series is foregone in favour of more Mel/Zel chemistry that was oversaturated.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

It's not even Elizabeth anymore.

In a movie about Dahlia, there's nothing given to King who in a datebook, listed to respect Dahlia more than anyone else, even Mel. That implies a pretty tangible relationship between them both before Dahlia left, but nothing is shown in this movie.

Diane becomes Giant Queen, yet there's no involvement between herself and Dabuzu, or with her race being manipulated.

Mael, gets something with the Goddesses, but nothing with his former master. Surely he's questioning his loyalties now, but nothing.

Of course there's Elizabeth as well, but Nakaba just simply refuses to give any depth to a character that isn't Meliodas or Zeldris. The entire Demon King arc served to fix their broken relationship, but apparently that's not good enough and now we need more? lmfao
You pretty much listed every weird aspect of this movie. I have nothing to expect from the movie as an Escanor fan lol, I still regret not seeing 1v1 matches like King vs Dahlia, Diane vs Dabuzu, Elie vs SD (for some minutes of course) like you mentioned. But there are other things worth mentioning as well imo :hmm.

1. I used to blame Nakaba and his extreme MC favoritism that has already laid waste to all of his stories up until now. But the most recent interview shared by Zorra changed my mind to some extent.
I think Nakaba actually did us a favor by adding some other elements to the story!!! Those who suggested the idea of a movie craved for an extremely Mel/Zel focused SOL kind of story!

2. Dabuzu is a giant, but his involvement in creation of CoED and STs is a more prominent aspect of this character. He is a perfect opponent for whoever uses a ST or have ties to the CoED.

3. Diane? Who is she? Seriously, does Nakaba even remember there was a serpent among the seven beasts? I don't think so.

4. SD, Mael, and Elizabeth? Absolute ignorance as always. I somehow like Mael's role because it's what I expect from a kind and considerate guy like him.

5. King vs Dahila is the most obvious case of wasted potential, at least at first look. Not to mention Dahlia calls himself the nEw DeMoN KiNg!
However, if according to the spoilers, King frees giant and fairy folks from the Curse of Light, and brings them back to sanity, then his role is a satisfying one.
In fact, King interacts directly with his people and his wife's people, while he opposes and overcomes Dahlia and Dabuzu indirectly!
Not the best scenario, but Nakaba always makes sure King's plot is the least shitty one compared to the other deadly sins!

The ones I'm worried about are Ban and Gowther. The movie doesn't seem to have much room for them. They have no specific rival/archenemy/whatever in it. Ban can't inflict major damage on SD, and Gowther the mindfucker is faced with the god of brainwashing! They may completely miss this final opportunity to shine as functional members of SDSs.
At least I hope to see Pelliot one more time when the focus of movie is on Gowther. Gowther's own plot is concluded, so why not spend some time on his new journey and his new disciple? (I know I'm just dreaming tbfh!)
--- Double Post Merged, ---

@OtakuFreak , my intent is not ignoring how you feel about the movie. SD was the perfect opponent for Elizabeth, and she was the perfect if not the only missing part of my beloved Escanor's plot. (Escanor couldn't fight him obviously, but he needed SD, creator of Sunshine to shed light on his/its(!) backstory!)

At least the final fight could be Mel, Zel, Eli, and Merlin against SD, but it's probably just Mel, Zel, and Merlin against her. Perhaps what's actually important about Elizabeth in this movie is the conversation between Ellie and her mother. :hmm

As for the apparent weakness of SD compared to DK, she might not have an actual body and hasn't possessed one to justify the difference. :hmm

Last edited:

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States
You pretty much listed every weird aspect of this movie. I have nothing to expect from the movie as an Escanor fan lol, I still regret not seeing 1v1 matches like King vs Dahlia, Diane vs Dabuzu, Elie vs SD (for some minutes of course) like you mentioned. But there are other things worth mentioning as well imo :hmm.

1. I used to blame Nakaba and his extreme MC favoritism that has already laid waste to all of his stories up until now. But the most recent interview shared by Zorra changed my mind to some extent.
I think Nakaba actually did us a favor by adding some other elements to the story!!! Those who suggested the idea of a movie craved for an extremely Mel/Zel focused SOL kind of story!

2. Dabuzu is a giant, but his involvement in creation of CoED and STs is a more prominent aspect of this character. He is a perfect opponent for whoever uses a ST or have ties to the CoED.

3. Diane? Who is she? Seriously, does Nakaba even remember there was a serpent among the seven beasts? I don't think so.

4. SD, Mael, and Elizabeth? Absolute ignorance as always. I somehow like Mael's role because it's what I expect from a kind and considerate guy like him.

5. King vs Dahila is the most obvious case of wasted potential, at least at first look. Not to mention Dahlia calls himself the nEw DeMoN KiNg!
However, if according to the spoilers, King frees giant and fairy folks from the Curse of Light, and brings them back to sanity, then his role is a satisfying one.
In fact, King interacts directly with his people and his wife's people, while he opposes and overcomes Dahlia and Dabuzu indirectly!
Not the best scenario, but Nakaba always makes sure King's plot is the least shitty one compared to the other deadly sins!

The ones I'm worried about are Ban and Gowther. The movie doesn't seem to have much room for them. They have no specific rival/archenemy/whatever in it. Ban can't inflict major damage on SD, and Gowther the mindfucker is faced with the god of brainwashing! They may completely miss this final opportunity to shine as functional members of SDSs.
At least I hope to see Pelliot one more time when the focus of movie is on Gowther. Gowther's own plot is concluded, so why not spend some time on his new journey and his new disciple? (I know I'm just dreaming tbfh!)

@OtakuFreak , my intent is not ignoring how you feel about the movie. SD was the perfect opponent for Elizabeth, and she was the perfect if not the only missing part of my beloved Escanor's plot. (Escanor couldn't fight him obviously, but he needed SD, creator of Sunshine to shed light on his/its(!) backstory!)

At least the final fight could be Mel, Zel, Eli, and Merlin against SD, but it's probably just Mel, Zel, and Merlin against her. Perhaps what's actually important about Elizabeth in this movie is the conversation between Ellie and her mother. :hmm

As for the apparent weakness of SD compared to DK, she might not have an actual body and hasn't possessed one to justify the difference. :hmm
see when you read that interview its very eye opening because it wasnt nakaba himself that suggested the movie but DEEN who suggested the idea to nakaba because they wanted to more about mel and zel's relationship and nakaba said yes because he also wanted to write about it (hes said that like 1000 times) but he also added all the other stuff to the movie so it wasnt just centered on mel and zel but also added other things that fans wanted like king and dianes wedding, mel and eli's wedding etc so really youre right when you learn that it makes you happy that nakaba did add the other stuff as well and im happy he did add the other stuff as well because it makes it a movie that all the fans can have a chance to watch and life for different reasons. is it perfect? no but it at least gave fans some of the things we didnt get to see in the manga and i like that

OtakuFreak

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum

I don't think Nakaba is giving any lore between the SD & Elizabeth eventhough "Bloody Ellie" was someone who fought the Demon race to protect her friends and family - who would be the SD and Jelamet, for example. So they clearly had a close relationship and Nakaba doesn't care to elaborate on it which is sad. Goddess lore is hype

PeanutButterJelly

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Love how y'all are dragging the movie. It gives me life.

Blazar

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I don't think Nakaba is giving any lore between the SD & Elizabeth eventhough "Bloody Ellie" was someone who fought the Demon race to protect her friends and family - who would be the SD and Jelamet, for example. So they clearly had a close relationship and Nakaba doesn't care to elaborate on it which is sad. Goddess lore is hype
Sadly, the other mentions are most probably forgotten by now. No warrior Ellie, no balanced Ellie, just healer-only Ellie.

Elizabeth couldn't have fought to protect SD because the holy war was a trick to keep everyone busy. SD and DK as masterminds didn't need anyone to protect them. But you have a point. We know about Mel's turning point. About when, why, and how he left his clan and disobeyed his father's orders.

Was Ellie an obedient kid when she was called bloody Ellie? Has she ever been SD's pawn? What made her change her mind then? I don't think there is gonna be any answer for these questions. Perhaps it's better to forget about NnT contradictions and plot holes like Nakaba himself.

Son Detective Asurei

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not sure if anyone mentioned this but the film's already coming to Netflix by October 1st.

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States

New screenshot of Eli and Mel for the movie though idk why they included an image of am Meli from s3

Blazar

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Not a fan of dub, but the trailer showed me the blue eye with triskele once more. I almost forgot about the eye.

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States

something i thought id share

It's a jet black band coming from the sky to wrap around someone like an ivy.
this is what ominous bind looks like in the drafts if yall were wondering

Blazar

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

something i thought id share

this is what ominous bind looks like in the drafts if yall were wondering

SD has some facial details in these images!
I wonder if we are supposed to see her face in the movie. I mean is that blue eye that opens in trailer hers or Ellie's?
Doesn't SD deserves to have a face of her own? That disk of light is just too stupid imo.

Demonspeed

Gold Saint
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
SD has some facial details in these images!
I wonder if we are supposed to see her face in the movie. I mean is that blue eye that opens in trailer hers or Ellie's?
Doesn't SD deserves to have a face of her own? That disk of light is just too stupid imo.
We know her face. I am sure it's been posted somewhere in this thread.

Blazar

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
We know her face. I am sure it's been posted somewhere in this thread.
I know about it. But I didn't see any confirmation whether that would be her face in the movie or not. I might've missed it though :grumble

OtakuFreak

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
So the movie is out on Netflix, and after watching it, you guessed it: It's fucking bad

I'll post some general thoughts below, expect a long rantish essay:

-I suppose Nakaba deserves credit for actually writing the Supreme Deity into the story with other unused characters and tying some loose ends together. The movie is entertaining if you don't stop to think about the logic behind anything.

-I don't understand why this movie is dedicated to fixing a relationship that doesn't need fixing? Meliodas & Zeldris sorted through their issues through the Demon King arc. Meliodas wanted to save Zeldris and be a legitimate older brother, Zeldris forgave him and warmed up to him a little (I mean, they ended up going drinking..). So why is Zeldris in this movie so resistant to Meliodas and still calling him a traitor? It feels unnatural and a step back from where Zeldris was before at the end of the manga. Does Nakaba just forget what he wrote before?

-Dahlia & Dabuzu are fine as characters, a little boring but I suppose when they're being controlled by someone else that is to be expected. I would've liked to seen why they just disappeared..? Dahlia just upped and left just before King was gone, which is many centuries ago, but why? Where did he go? How did the Supreme Deity find and brainwash him? Why did he abandon his duties as Fairy King? Elizabeth mentioned that he refused to join Stigma, which implies he was alive and on the throne while Gloxinia was alive. Did the Sacred Tree abandon Gloxinia and create a new ruler when he turned to the demons side? If the holy war was happening, why did Dahlia not join Stigma and seem to legit not give a shit about a war that could threaten his ''people''. I could go on all day. Many questions left unanswered that also apply to Dabuzu. It would've been nice to see more into how Merlin convinced him to create the coffin of eternal darkness, but whatever, unanswered questions and plot mysteries.

-The biggest disappointment in this film is definitely the Supreme Deity. She feels far too fucking incompetent to be taking seriously. I've said this before, but why is she even fighting? She wants to punish the sins for stopping the holy war, as it was a method to keep Chaos sealed by perpetually balancing the powers of light and darkness. But the Demon King is dead, the balance is destroyed and Chaos is already released. So her motive is unattainable, yet she still fights for it? Even if she kills the sins and their accomplices, who will restore this ''balance''? The demons that will be left are complete fodder and none who could be strong enough to rival her and create another ''balance.''. I assume she intended for Dahlia & Dabuzu to rule the demon race, but they're not demons so how would that help her goal to perpetuate a holy war and create a balance? They're not demons, and like I said, how can a holy war happen when the demon clan is basically fodder now in comparison to the Goddesses? Her motivations and reasoning for attacking the sins is completely pointless, and it's hard to take her seriously. And even if she's attacking the sins out of vengeance... okay, what happens next? She goes back to the celestial realm and does what? She feels so incompetent at her own role that it feels like she's just there to be an obstacle for the heroes to defeat and not to be an actual character that contributes to the story, which is fucking disappointing when she's one of the two overall main villains. Just consider, Nakaba gave Dahlia & Dabuzu up to 50 minutes of the movie to be concluded with, the Supreme Deity gets less than 20 minutes, in fact, I think it's around 15 minutes? She doesn't even feel like a threat because she's dealt with faster than her subordinates. She comes in and goes out in like 15 minutes, its actually pathetic lmfao and even the sins are like ''Oh, it's her. Anyway'' when it comes to her.

-The power scaling and any sense of continuity is just lost in this movie. Indura of Favour are now fodder apparently, which is hilarious considering they were said to be the strongest of demons but get one-shot by Dahlia. Poor Baruja gets shafted in another movie, which is tragic. I was expecting to actually see this Indura fight and rejoice, but he gets one-shotted LMFAO. The fights with Dahlia & Dabuzu are bad. They're incompetent fighters. Meliodas & Zeldris basically get fodderized in the first fight, but then proceed to fodderize them.. because they just switched targets? Okay? Why can't Dahlia/Dabuzu just work together and do the same? No? Okay, whatever, shit villains anyway. It's fucking tragic how the Supreme Deity is LESS of a fucking threat than her subordinates. She even amped and blessed them, but they're still more of a threat to Mel/Zel than she could ever be. It's bad.

-The Supreme Deity feels even less threatening than the Demon King. The sins kept saying how ''one more attack'' from her would basically kill them, Yet she hits them with another two and they're still living. Okay lol. Doesn't help how she comments on being undefeatable because Meliodas gave up his God powers, only to be killed two minutes later by only Zeldris and demon mark Meliodas. Meliodas isn't even going all out, no assault mode or nothing, just regular demon mark. It's honestly sad how this series went from the DK/SD basically being so powerful that they could fodderize anyone and anything, including an assault mode meliodas easily, to now being defeated by mel/zel in just a demon mark. At least the DK had to have all the sins, plus elizabeth/zel/gelda helping to be defeated, but the SD? Not even God Meliodas is needed, just regular demon mark mode mel and zel. Holy shit its bad. The SD should be destroying everybody, but is getting fodderized instead. It's not even like she's weakened, she even implies she's at full strength with how only Mel's God powers are capable of defeating her.

-Also why is the SD waking up now? Who awakened her? Can Nakaba explain please?

-fuck merlin and arthur i cba to rant about them

-Mael, lol. I don't know how you're getting beaten by fodder Goddesses, but whatever, the power-scaling doesn't matter anyway.

-Oh Elizabeth.. my sweet girl, you were such wasted potential in this film. You even got done nasty. You got one new spell (that did nothing), some romance scenes (ofc) and a few lines with your mother. It's sad considering how Mel/Zel had plenty more time to deal with their parental issues and Elizabeth gets less than a minute to deal with her mother. No real backstory or tangible history between herself and her mother, just ''oh I never loved u'' crap that we already knew. Bloody Ellie is a nickname that was given to her because she fought the demon race to protect her ''family & friends''. So clearly, there's a history there, even if it's just the same as Mel's and doing it under the SD's orders. But it's not said, its just not even explored or cared about. No real lore about her Goddess backstory, which is sad because Mel got plenty about his as a demon. Elizabeth is treated like fodder in this film, she can't dodge the most obvious projectile attack from Dahlia and needs to be saved, she goes up to the SD and says she'll fight, only to be saved and made to NOT fight even though she said she will. She doesn't do anything to help/support the fight, she just watches. It's incredibly disappointing.

-Another thing as well which is a complete plot hole. Meliodas admits to have read all of the Demon King's thoughts when he was possessed, knowing that him and the SD were created for an eternal conflict. Okay, so where was this knowledge back in the Chaos reveal? If you read all of the DK's thoughts, you would know that Chaos exists, or simply suspect that there was a stronger entity out there since the DK/SD were ''created''. But no, nothing when Chaos actually comes up in a conversation despite this movie basically implying he knew all about it at the time of Merlin/lake princess revealing Chaos. This and the movie in a whole just proves how Nakaba just doesn't care, or thinks about what he writes before, the sense of continuity in this story is utter garbage. Nothing makes sense if you look back in the manga, even just a little bit.

Yeah, movie's shit, makes no sense and tbh, would've been better if it never happened, the SD and some other characters are even more hollow and pointless than before.

Last edited:

Shadowlord123

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
So the movie is out on Netflix, and after watching it, you guessed it: It's fucking bad

I'll post some general thoughts below, expect a long rantish essay:

-I suppose Nakaba deserves credit for actually writing the Supreme Deity into the story with other unused characters and tying some loose ends together. The movie is entertaining if you don't stop to think about the logic behind anything.

-I don't understand why this movie is dedicated to fixing a relationship that doesn't need fixing? Meliodas & Zeldris sorted through their issues through the Demon King arc. Meliodas wanted to save Zeldris and be a legitimate older brother, Zeldris forgave him and warmed up to him a little (I mean, they ended up going drinking..). So why is Zeldris in this movie so resistant to Meliodas and still calling him a traitor? It feels unnatural and a step back from where Zeldris was before at the end of the manga. Does Nakaba just forget what he wrote before?

-Dahlia & Dabuzu are fine as characters, a little boring but I suppose when they're being controlled by someone else that is to be expected. I would've liked to seen why they just disappeared..? Dahlia just upped and left just before King was gone, which is many centuries ago, but why? Where did he go? How did the Supreme Deity find and brainwash him? Why did he abandon his duties as Fairy King? Elizabeth mentioned that he refused to join Stigma, which implies he was alive and on the throne while Gloxinia was alive. Did the Sacred Tree abandon Gloxinia and create a new ruler when he turned to the demons side? If the holy war was happening, why did Dahlia not join Stigma and seem to legit not give a shit about a war that could threaten his ''people''. I could go on all day. Many questions left unanswered that also apply to Dabuzu. It would've been nice to see more into how Merlin convinced him to create the coffin of eternal darkness, but whatever, unanswered questions and plot mysteries.

-The biggest disappointment in this film is definitely the Supreme Deity. She feels far too fucking incompetent to be taking seriously. I've said this before, but why is she even fighting? She wants to punish the sins for stopping the holy war, as it was a method to keep Chaos sealed by perpetually balancing the powers of light and darkness. But the Demon King is dead, the balance is destroyed and Chaos is already released. So her motive is unattainable, yet she still fights for it? Even if she kills the sins and their accomplices, who will restore this ''balance''? The demons that will be left are complete fodder and none who could be strong enough to rival her and create another ''balance.''. I assume she intended for Dahlia & Dabuzu to rule the demon race, but they're not demons so how would that help her goal to perpetuate a holy war and create a balance? They're not demons, and like I said, how can a holy war happen when the demon clan is basically fodder now in comparison to the Goddesses? Her motivations and reasoning for attacking the sins is completely pointless, and it's hard to take her seriously. And even if she's attacking the sins out of vengeance... okay, what happens next? She goes back to the celestial realm and does what? She feels so incompetent at her own role that it feels like she's just there to be an obstacle for the heroes to defeat and not to be an actual character that contributes to the story, which is fucking disappointing when she's one of the two overall main villains. Just consider, Nakaba gave Dahlia & Dabuzu up to 50 minutes of the movie to be concluded with, the Supreme Deity gets less than 20 minutes, in fact, I think it's around 15 minutes? She doesn't even feel like a threat because she's dealt with faster than her subordinates. She comes in and goes out in like 15 minutes, its actually pathetic lmfao and even the sins are like ''Oh, it's her. Anyway'' when it comes to her.

-The power scaling and any sense of continuity is just lost in this movie. Indura of Favour are now fodder apparently, which is hilarious considering they were said to be the strongest of demons but get one-shot by Dahlia. Poor Baruja gets shafted in another movie, which is tragic. I was expecting to actually see this Indura fight and rejoice, but he gets one-shotted LMFAO. The fights with Dahlia & Dabuzu are bad. They're incompetent fighters. Meliodas & Zeldris basically get fodderized in the first fight, but then proceed to fodderize them.. because they just switched targets? Okay? Why can't Dahlia/Dabuzu just work together and do the same? No? Okay, whatever, shit villains anyway. It's fucking tragic how the Supreme Deity is LESS of a fucking threat than her subordinates. She even amped and blessed them, but they're still more of a threat to Mel/Zel than she could ever be. It's bad.

-The Supreme Deity feels even less threatening than the Demon King. The sins kept saying how ''one more attack'' from her would basically kill them, Yet she hits them with another two and they're still living. Okay lol. Doesn't help how she comments on being undefeatable because Meliodas gave up his God powers, only to be killed two minutes later by only Zeldris and demon mark Meliodas. Meliodas isn't even going all out, no assault mode or nothing, just regular demon mark. It's honestly sad how this series went from the DK/SD basically being so powerful that they could fodderize anyone and anything, including an assault mode meliodas easily, to now being defeated by mel/zel in just a demon mark. At least the DK had to have all the sins, plus elizabeth/zel/gelda helping to be defeated, but the SD? Not even God Meliodas is needed, just regular demon mark mode mel and zel. Holy shit its bad. The SD should be destroying everybody, but is getting fodderized instead. It's not even like she's weakened, she even implies she's at full strength with how only Mel's God powers are capable of defeating her.

-Also why is the SD waking up now? Who awakened her? Can Nakaba explain please?

-fuck merlin and arthur i cba to rant about them

-Mael, lol. I don't know how you're getting beaten by fodder Goddesses, but whatever, the power-scaling doesn't matter anyway.

-Oh Elizabeth.. my sweet girl, you were such wasted potential in this film. You even got done nasty. You got one new spell (that did nothing), some romance scenes (ofc) and a few lines with your mother. It's sad considering how Mel/Zel had plenty more time to deal with their parental issues and Elizabeth gets less than a minute to deal with her mother. No real backstory or tangible history between herself and her mother, just ''oh I never loved u'' crap that we already knew. Bloody Ellie is a nickname that was given to her because she fought the demon race to protect her ''family & friends''. So clearly, there's a history there, even if it's just the same as Mel's and doing it under the SD's orders. But it's not said, its just not even explored or cared about. No real lore about her Goddess backstory, which is sad because Mel got plenty about his as a demon. Elizabeth is treated like fodder in this film, she can't dodge the most obvious projectile attack from Dahlia and needs to be saved, she goes up to the SD and says she'll fight, only to be saved and made to NOT fight even though she said she will. She doesn't do anything to help/support the fight, she just watches. It's incredibly disappointing.

-Another thing as well which is a complete plot hole. Meliodas admits to have read all of the Demon King's thoughts when he was possessed, knowing that him and the SD were created for an eternal conflict. Okay, so where was this knowledge back in the Chaos reveal? If you read all of the DK's thoughts, you would know that Chaos exists, or simply suspect that there was a stronger entity out there since the DK/SD were ''created''. But no, nothing when Chaos actually comes up in a conversation despite this movie basically implying he knew all about it at the time of Merlin/lake princess revealing Chaos. This and the movie in a whole just proves how Nakaba just doesn't care, or thinks about what he writes before, the sense of continuity in this story is utter garbage. Nothing makes sense if you look back in the manga, even just a little bit.

Yeah, movie's shit, makes no sense and tbh, would've been better if it never happened, the SD and some other characters are even more hollow and pointless than before.
Nice, I'm definitely excited to watch the movie after reading all of this. Sounds pretty promising :kappa

Demonspeed

Gold Saint
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
How long is the movie again? 90 minutes?