Anime - Nanatsu no Taizai The Movie: Cursed By Light (Subs out) | Page 40 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Nanatsu no Taizai The Movie: Cursed By Light (Subs out)

Zorra_akuma

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
OKAY SOO no suprise to anyone i loved this movie it was beautiful it was amazing and gave me everything i couldve wanted from the series i have little complaints actually.

the ones i will say i didnt like how short the SD fight was but i knew it was going to be short based on reading the movie book and Japanese fans review so wasnt suprised but the fight was still cool even still.

i also didnt like that the holy knights were bascially really fucking weak for whatever reason like why did jericho get beat that easily what happened LOL

but yeah other than that i had no complaints

NOW ON TO THE STUFF I LOVED/ADORED (and its not just all mel and zel either so hush)

firstly i really loved this movie it was the best ending to the series in my opinion and way better then chaos arc by miles it gave all the fans things to love and look forward too and i really loved that because there was things that i ended up liking alot more then i thought i would and i love that.

first off the music is so fucking good like its so beauitful and it builds so much hype with every scene and it was just wonderful and having picked favs from listening to the soundtrack all summer hearing and seeing them in the scenes was the best.

the animation was beautiful it was amazing and perfect and DEEN did an amazing job on the movie you can tell they put everything they had into animating this movie and it was definitely obvious it looked beautiful. especially hellblaze and the demon fire it was so detailed and pretty.

the voice acting as well (i watched it in sub first so i have no idea about the dub yet) it was perfect the VAS did such an amaazing job and you can tell how passionate they were about it. especially after reading all of Yuki's interviews for the movie you can tell he put in the work for it and it shows so well with everyone.

and the story was just GOD IT WAS JUST SO GOOD like the attack on the demon realm by dahila and dabs and how threatening they looked was so cool. and see the indura from POS was a shock i didn think it was kept in the demon realm so that was a nice suprise. (forgot he had a name lol) i also really enjoyed the beginning scene with perfect time playing and the moments from season 4 was super cool and it made me so super happy to hear it and see it. the honeymoon scene with mel and eli was adorable it was nice to hear about another one of her life times with mel. i also really loved how they added the baltra and mel scene from the manga where he talkes about wanting to travel with eli before then it was super funny.

and the zeldris and gelda scene was ADORABLE OMG I LOVED IT SO MUCH (ill get to in a second but like GOD IT WAS EVERYTHING)

The wedding with king and diane was something that didnt really interest me all that much honestly at first like i was happy for them but it wasnt something i was going to gush about but it actually turned out to be one of my fav scenes just because of how cute and sweet it was seeing all the fairies, giants and the sins helping king and diane get ready and the actual wedding it self was jsut too adorable they are so innocent and sweet and it was jsut nice to see it. i also like the moment with elaine reassuring king that diane would love him no matter what it may have been small but that moment was just cute as all hell.

jumping back to the zel and gelda scene GOD WAS THAT SO CUTE that was the one thing i wanted to see fully ever since june when they showed the clip and god dammit it was funny and amazing. like the scene with them was adorable in it own right but then when mel and eli came over and zel started acting bitter and angry towards mel it was super cute and funny and i just loved their chemistry as siblings it was amazing. i also really liked how scared zeldris got when gelda got mad at him for "threatening mel" it was funny as fuck and cute, actually zeldris;s expressions the whole movie were literally the best thing about the movie(but ill gush all about him later) and it was just nice and i enjoyed it alot

THE SCENE WITH THE DEMON DYING IN ZELDRIS'S ARMS WAS GOD THAT WAS SO SAD LIKE IT WAS HORRIBLE SEEING IT DIE LIKE THAT AND ZELDRIS JUST LOOKED HORRIFIED BY THE WHOLE THING AND I WAS LIKE OMG WTF-

(also can we talk about the fact that dabs bird ATE A FUCKIN DEMON WHOLE THEN THREW UP ITS BLOOD LIKE WTF LOL)

the way they settled going into the demon realm was super funny cause it made it look like they were going to fight BUT NOPE IT WAS ACTUALLY ROCK PAPER SISSCORS (also zeldris choosing rock both times was super funny mans a stubborn ass hahaha)

and also GELDA PATTED ZELDRIS ON THE HEAD AND THAT WAS CUTE AS FUCK I SCREAMED THANK YOU FOR THE MOMENTS FOR THEM NAKABA!! (finally)

the attack itself was actaully pretty okay it wasnt anything to write home about and im suprised they used CGI fairies for that but it still looked really good so no complaints from me. was odd that the holy knights were just easily defeated though eesh

but the trip to the demon realm was some of my fav moments from the movie just seeing Meliodas and zeldris finally getting sibling moments to bond and argue like actual siblings was one of the best things ever and its something i really wanted the whole series and we finally got and it made me SO HAPPY!!

and to the fight with king and the fairies that was also one of my fav parts because i like how the sins worked together to beat it it was nice to see them working together with half of them missing they litterally just used the skills they had and it worked and i loved it and i love how bad the fairies and giants felt because it wasnt their fault that they got brainwashed so it was nice they all understood that (kings okay when diane asked him to be gentle on them was cute af)

as for the first fight with dahila in dabs i actually really liked it because even if they got beat their was still so many cool moments for both mel and zel and gelda and eli too. LIKE THE COMBINED ATTACK WITH GELDA AND ZEL WAS SO FUCKING COOL LIKE AH IT WAS EVERYTHING I WANTED THEY WORK SO WELL TOGEHTER AND IT WAS AMAZING!! i also really like how zeldris was the first one to go after dahila because he was mad about them attacking the demon realm something that means alot ot me obviously so that was nice. and mel fights dabs was really cool cause it was cool to see how dabs used lostvyane against him. because hes the one that made it and it was super cool Gelda fighting was also really cool cause i liked how when zel told her to stay back she was like "im tried of staying back i wanna help you" and zeldris let her like goals she was fighing with her man no if ands or butts about it. mel and eli getting got in that hand thing was unexpected cause i thought it was an actual like cube not INSIDE THE ACTUALLY CANE THING that was intersting. BUT THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE WHOLE THING WAS WHEN DAHILA WAS GOING TO SMASH HIS ATTACK INTO ZELDRIS AT THE LAST MINUTE GELDA PROTECTED ZELDRIS WITH HER OWN BODY TO MAKE SURE HE DIDNT GET BADLY HURT THAT WAS FUCKING EVERYTHING AND I LOVE HER (gelda is the best i adore her in this movie and in general)

and the scene in the demon castle where that demon girl tried to poison dahila was smart but she shoudlnt have said it out loud like a dumbass lol

i also really loved that the sins went to liones to protect them from the giants and fairies attacking that was super cool too and gil and howzer and them trying to protect them too was super cool

and then my favorite part of the whole movie happens is when Zeldris wakes up in that cave thing and oh god i loved this scene so much!! cause the fact he was upset about the fact he got beat so easily by dahila and how he felt he shoudlnt be their king because of that was super nice and i also really love hw supportive gelda was in the scene and how she told him not to say that infront of the other demons or show them that weakness it was super cool. and i liked how they asked him if he really helped meliodas beat the demon king and he just straight up is like yeah he did and i helped him do it and the other demons were like WAIT WTF WHY!! THEY ARE OUR ENEIMES HOW COULD YOU!! and one of them was like we cant trust you anymore and the other one was like "what was your reason for coming back to the demon realm in the first place" and then OH AND THEN MY FAVORITE PART OF THE WHOLE MOVIE HAPPENS where zeldris was like
"i returned to be your king and to create a peaceful demon realm without pointless fightng. My father only saw this place as part of his game. to him you were all just breathing pawns. and he finally tried to make me his new vessal. Meliodas and elizabeth saved me from that thats all i have to say its your decision."
LIKE GOD HOLY FUCK THAT DIAGLOUGE WAS JUST SO FUCKING GOOD AND SO DEEP AND JUST UGH I LOVED IT AND IT WAS THE LAST THING I THOUGHT ID HEAR HIM SAY AND IT WAS JUST AMAZING THE WAY HE CONVINCED THE DEMONS TO HELP HIM WAS JUST BEAUTIFUL AND SO WELL MEANING AND STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART AND JUST UGH IT WAS GREAT AND THAT DEVELOPMENT ALONG WITH THE REST OF THE MOVIE FOR ZELDRIS WAS AMAZING!! I also really loved how gelda drank zeldris's blood to save him that was so fucking sweet i love their relationship so much

and then the scene with eli and mel in that room talking about family and how meliodas should have faith in zeldris because eli knows he would never leave meliodas alone to die because even if he acts prickly towards him he still cares about him he just wont admit it and if he wants zeldris to trust him then he has to believe in him too. and it was a super sweet scene and i loved how eli talked about her experiences with her dad and her sisters it was super nice.
and then zeldris and gelda come and save them and meliodas and zeldris's banter in that scene was super adorable because he kept trying to get zeldris to look at him and he wouldnt and it was super funny.

and the mael scene with him tending to the gardens and talking about ludo and tarmiel and sariel was super sweet and seeing all the goddesses come over to him happy that hes okay and that they missed him and him telling them that the demons arent there enemy anymore was super cool. and i really loved how they wanted him to lead them because of this moral. i hope he actually does get to that would be nice.

and then the demons fighting with dahila and dabs to distract them long enough so zeldris could save mel and eli was super cool because they talked about how they only consdier zeldris as their king and it was cool. BUT THEN WEHN MEL AND ZEL SAVE THE DEMONS OMG THAT WAS BADASS AS HELL HOLY SHIT THAT WAS HYPE AF!! espeically when the demn asked mel whyhe saved them and mel was like cause that was in the past and theholy war is over now no use in fighting and the demons behind them start to respect him for that and saving them so they start calling him meliodas-sama now which was a nice devlopment i will say. and the rematch with dabs and dahila was so cool ESPECIALLY SEEING OMINIOUS NEBULA AGAIN OMFG THEY MADE THAT LOOK SO FUCKING COOL AND MADE UP FOR WHAT IT LOOKED LIKE IN SEASON4 IT WAS LIKE INK IT LOOKED SO BEAUTIFUL AND COOL AND GOD YES THANK YOU NAKABA AND DEEN!! and i really loved how just neither of them held back like they were both just so pissed at them and over it they went ham to the point at the end mel was like oh shit i over did it. and the fight with dahlla and mel was super cool too. i really love that zeldris was the one to beat dabs cause its kinda poetic irony cause he was the ony to seal all the demons including him in the seal in the first place so having him beat him was cool as fuck. oh i frogot to mention the parts where gelda not only stood up for zeldris telling the demons that he wont die that easily have some fucking faith and them still calling eli bloody eli even when she didnt like it after she healed them and gelda was like "DIDNT ZELDRIS JUST TELL YOU TO KNOCK IT OFF WITH THAT NAME!" and ah was funny and cute love their relationship

and then goddesses start attacking because of the SD that was cool and sad cause the whole time mael was like PLEASE DONT HURT THEM ITS NOT THEIR FAULT and everyne was trying so hard not to hurt them AND THEN COMES THE SD AND THEN SHE MF MURKS THEM ALL and nearly kills the sins too i also really love how ban was like eh fought the dk and it was fine time to piss you off and beat your butt too and it was funny as fuck and cool cause of the sins just trying their best to beat her and they just couldnt i also really loved how they wanted to keep going for escanor that was so sweet and sad. AND THEN MLE CAME IN AND FULL COUNTERED THE FUCK OUT OF HER ATTACK AND OH BOY WAS THAT COOL and i love how everyone freaked out about mel being there and shit was cute and the moments he got with the sins was nice and heart warming too. AND THEN ZELDRIS CAME UP BEHIND HER AND BEINDED HER WITH THAT ATTACK AND GOD THAT WAS ANIAMTED BEAUTIFULLY LIKE OMINOUS NEBULA IT LOOKED LIKE INK AND GOD IT WAS COOL AND I LOVE HOW IT TRANSITIONED INTO THEIR COMBINED ATTACK TYRANT KILLER WAS BADASS!! and i did like the eli and baltra moment they had on the balcony where he was like it must be hard since thats your real mom and she was like nah cause youre my only family and i love you not her! and it was super sweet and cute and when she went to go talk to the SD about stopping i really liked that part becaue it was bascially a big old FUCK YOU to her because eli was like " i dont need you anymore i have a better family and you mean nothing to me so fuck you" was really badass and cool cause she does ahve an actaual family that loves her and isnt shit!

OH I FOROGT TO MENTION THE WILD AND HAWK SCENE THAT WAS SO CUTE AND FUNNY HOW HAWK MISSED LEFTOVERS AND TOLD WILD ABOUT IT AND WILD WAS LIKE FUCK IT WE GOING TO GET SOME TOO AND THEY LEFT PURGATORY TO GO FIND SOME LOL!!

and then gelda saved eli from the sd almost killing her and then the boys fight and OMG PERFECT TIME PLAYING IN THE BACKGROUND WAS BADASS THAT RIGHT WHILE SHORT WAS COOL AF AND I LOVED IT!!

and then the part where mel and zel fist bumped omg i cried it was so beautiful and cute and really cemented that they were brothers again and that they were on good terms with each other finally and it was super sweet UGH!!

AND THEN THE MEL AND ELI WEDDING HAPPENED AND IT WAS SO FUCKING CUTE AND SEEING THEM KISS AHH WAS AMAZING AND THEIR OUTFITS WERE SO BEAUTIFUL AND I JUST LOVED THE CROWING PART FOR MEL AND FUCKING WILD SMASHING AND FALLING ON TOP OF BALTRA AND HAWK LANDING ON TOP OF HIM WAS SO FUCKING FUNNY I DIED LAUGHING WAS GREAT!!

and then my other favorite scene in the whole movie FINALLY FUCKING HAPPENED AFTER WAITING A YEAR FOR IT TO HAPPEN WE FIANLLY GOT ZEL AND MEL DRINKING TOGEHTER AND I LOST MY SHIT IT WAS EVERYTHING I COULDVE HOPED FOR AND IM SO HAPPY THAT NAKABA INCLUDED IT IN BECAUSE IT WAS WROTH WAITING FOR THE SCENE WAS SO CUTE AND MEANIGNFUL AND JUST SHOWS THAT THEY ARE TRULY BROTHERS NOW AND EVERYTHINGS OKAY AND ZEL CALLS HM BROTHER NOW AND JUST UGH IT WAS PEFECT IT WAS BEAUTIFUL AND IT WAS EVERTHING I COUDLVE HOPED FOR

okay so tiny things i forogt to talk about but wanted to talk about I LOVED LOVED LOVED GELDA AND ZELDRIS'S REALATIONSHIP IN THIS MOVIE IT WAS EVERYTHING THEY WERE SO CUTE TOGEHTER AND THE LITTLE MOMENTS WERE JUST THE BEST LIKE ZEL TRYINING TO GIVE HER HIS BLOOD CAUSE SHE WAS THIRSTY AND FELT BAD ABUT NOTGIVING HER SOME AND SHE WAS LIKE NO EAT FIRST THEN ILL DRINK YOUR BLOOD LIKE SHIT LIKE TAHT IS ONLY A THEM THING AND IT WAS SO CUTE AND I JUST LOVE HOW SUPPORTIVE AND CARING AND LOVING SHE IS TOWARDS HIM SHE KEEPS ZELDRIS STABLE AND ITS SO CUTE I JUST UGH I JUST LOVE THEM!! and my favorite character of the whole movie had to be zeldris (i know shocker) but theres a reason for that and its because he got so much needed devlopment in this movie and Seeing him grow throughout the whole series and seeing that development get extended and added upon in the movie was utter perfection. Nakaba has never written zeldris wrong and this movie proves that and I’m so thankful for that. It was beautiful AND MADE ME SO HAPPY!! god BLESS!!

so yeah long review over that probaly no one will read i loved the movie will watch 10000 more times and it was a 10/10 for me

Samael Morningstar

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
India
Pretty sure SD is nerfed since she doesn't have her graces at her Aid. So basically she's at 50℅ of her powers

Power scaling was absolute trash, considering That dahlia was implied to much weaker than Escanor and King by Mel and Zel(note. Zel knows of kings power from their battle where king was already much weakened, and meliodas who compares dabuzu's blows to be much weaker than Escanor's, mark this isn't even The final shine escanor since Meliodas never fought that version of Escanor, so he's definitely referring to Escanor before this final shine, meaning an Escanor who was fodder was considered far stronger than Dabuzu who was beating the shit out of zel)
Then suddenly zel could fight up and keep up with SD which literally makes no God damn sense, like cmon I get it it's a movie for mel and zel but nakaba you didn't need to go absolute bullshit

So are you telling me that an weakened King and pre final shine Escanor can now fodderize the indira of favor who's said to be the strongest indura?

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States
Pretty sure SD is nerfed since she doesn't have her graces at her Aid. So basically she's at 50℅ of her powers

Power scaling was absolute trash, considering That dahlia was implied to much weaker than Escanor and King by Mel and Zel(note. Zel knows of kings power from their battle where king was already much weakened, and meliodas who compares dabuzu's blows to be much weaker than Escanor's, mark this isn't even The final shine escanor since Meliodas never fought that version of Escanor, so he's definitely referring to Escanor before this final shine, meaning an Escanor who was fodder was considered far stronger than Dabuzu who was beating the shit out of zel)
Then suddenly zel could fight up and keep up with SD which literally makes no God damn sense, like cmon I get it it's a movie for mel and zel but nakaba you didn't need to go absolute bullshit

So are you telling me that an weakened King and pre final shine Escanor can now fodderize the indira of favor who's said to be the strongest indura?
To be fair dahil and dabs were being buffed by the SD so thats why they were stronger then they actually were

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Gotta love seeing the astonishing human duality in those reviews :XD

so yeah long review over that probaly no one will read
I did.

So I watched a clip of the movie and Elizabeth says that the SD cast eternal reincarnation on her….
I guess this totally confirms that Nakaba simply wanted to embarrass the Demon King even further or was too lazy to introduce the SD and develop the Goddess plotline at the point he made Mel state that the SD was the one who cursed him and not the DK as it was previously established on several occasions by multiple characters (funnily enough including the same Meliodas and the Demon King himself)

Son Detective Asurei

Reaction score
Country
United States
So, I got to see the film. Here is a summary of my thoughts.

Pros:
- Unexpected pretty good animation
- Zeldris/Gelda & Mel/Eli relationship
- Demon Realm
- Ok-Good fights

Cons:
- Short as all hell and rushed. One hour and twenty minutes is nowhere near enough.
- Supreme Deity
- Opening in a movie

Whatever:
- Did not care for either wedding.

Overall, the film is worth the watch, but not worth the wait.

The Prince of Darkness

Reaction score
Country
France
Movie was intertaining but didn't really make alot of sense. The plot was really meh and so was the fights.
To me it looked more like a "teasing" about the nature of Chaos we don't know yet with the SD keep saying that they don't understand what they had done by breaking the balance and releasing Chaos.
Also, I don't know for you guys, but to me it seems like, to create the Gods so they can just have eternal conflict, kinda tell me that Chaos is pretty much a sadistic Absolute being who likes conflict more than anything(maybe that will explain what happened to Arthur in the sequel).

Brim787

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Is her power still the same ?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

So I watched a clip of the movie and Elizabeth says that the SD cast eternal reincarnation on her….

Movie can’t even keep track of its own lore smh
To be fair , Nakaba’s went back & forth on it himself . Originally , she did inflict that on Elizabeth .

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
To be fair dahil and dabs were being buffed by the SD so thats why they were stronger then they actually were
Doesn't matter for other cases like how were fodder goddess harming Mael? Like isn't he the strongest Archangel how are now random goddesses harming him and stuff

Brim787

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I understand I’ve asked this question before but we had less to go off of since the movie wasn’t out . But hypothetically speaking ..

If you could rewrite the series & give the Demon King & Supreme Deity real endgame powers that if them , what would they be ?

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I understand I’ve asked this question before but we had less to go off of since the movie wasn’t out . But hypothetically speaking ..

If you could rewrite the series & give the Demon King & Supreme Deity real endgame powers that if them , what would they be ?
What do you mean? Change their Magic?

Son Detective Asurei

Reaction score
Country
United States

For the Demon King, let him keep the Ruler but make it more HxH-like complex with differing techniques and more strategic. As for the Supreme Deity, manipulation of space and matter. Both would have the capability to manipulate their own life energy without requiring magic.

Doesn't matter for other cases like how were fodder goddess harming Mael? Like isn't he the strongest Archangel how are now random goddesses harming him and stuff
The Indura oneshot was the worst power inconsistency aspect of the entire film.

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Honestly the movie is even worse than the manga, and that's an achievement lmfao

Movie can’t even keep track of its own lore smh
At this point the Sacred Tree is going to claim ownership of the curse.

Nakaba keeps changing who cursed the lovers to fit the narrative of the plot at hand, its pretty bad.

Why does she even need them? She basically implied that she's at full strength (50%). This level of strength should be comparable to the Demon King, perhaps slightly weaker than his prime form and God Meliodas.

She should fodderize everyone there. In fact, it should take literally everyone there to just be able to stalemate against her if we're going on the fight with the DK, who's her equal. Yet, that doesn't even happen, she gets fodderized by Zel and Mel in a form that doesn't even compare to his God powers. Mel isn't even going all out lol, as usual Nakaba makes Meliodas fodderize the villain while holding back for the ''oh mah god my main character is suu coool'' moment.

Like its so bad the Supreme Deity cannot even kill Diane, a 8.8k Giant who didn't even use heavy metal, no dancing to increase her PL, and took like 2 heavy hits. Like what lol.

The graces are an unresolved plot element. If they are capable of resurrecting the archangels then there's absolutely zero reason why they wouldn't eventually revive the Supreme Deity, but of course, who cares about loose ends right? Nakaba will definitely ignore it.

For the Demon King, let him keep the Ruler but make it more HxH-like complex with differing techniques and more strategic. As for the Supreme Deity, manipulation of space and matter. Both would have the capability to manipulate their own life energy without requiring magic.

The Indura oneshot was the worst power inconsistency aspect of the entire film.
Honestly, I was more upset about the Indura getting one-shotted than the Supreme Deity being fodder.

We went from Indura being a threat that fodderizes 3 archangels and needs Elizabeth in her prime with some backup to deal with

to indura being one-shot by a character who's weaker than every individual archangel one on one.

its bad
--- Double Post Merged, ---

fodder goddesses are doing more damage than Zeldris did in their fight lmfao

Son Detective Asurei

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lol I can't, please, don't let 4kota become something like that.
Sadly, this is shonen, after all. Unless it's written by Togashi Yoshihiro or Arakawa, fat chance there will be an upturn in quality. Instead, a massive decline, once again.

sobreno

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
Sadly, this is shonen, after all. Unless it's written by Togashi Yoshihiro or Arakawa, fat chance there will be an upturn in quality. Instead, a massive decline, once again.
Let's hope it will be "at least" decent, not good, not great, just decent.

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States
Gotta love seeing the astonishing human duality in those reviews :XD

I did.

I guess this totally confirms that Nakaba simply wanted to embarrass the Demon King even further or was too lazy to introduce the SD and develop the Goddess plotline at the point he made Mel state that the SD was the one who cursed him and not the DK as it was previously established on several occasions by multiple characters (funnily enough including the same Meliodas and the Demon King himself)
YOU ACTAULLY READ IT MAN IM SO SORRY

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
SD definitely got very very less time, but she didn't get as badly humiliated as the DK and you could actually feel SD being very strong as she no sold all of the sins attacks only till Meliodas and zeldris arrived