Fantasy - Natsu Dragneel Vs Laxus Dreyar | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Natsu vs Laxus

• R1 END

• R1 Laxus

• R2 Red Lightning Laxus

• R2 Natsu (restricted enough)

• R2 Natsu all out (Dragon Force)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Natsu
Fire Dragon Slayer Magic
Lightning Flame Dragon Mode
Dragon Force
laxus
Lightning Dragon Slayer Magic

I Think Natsu will win This Fight.It is no mystery that laxus is Stronger Than Base Natsu.But in His DF His Energy increases 3 Times his Base Energy.Natsu told Gajeel that he is holding back his True Base Power.I included LFD because in this Form He Will be immune to laxus's lightning Attack.I Know in His DF Natsu will defeat laxus in an extremely difficult fight.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
This is a difficult one as both are currently extremely powerful and we haven't seen enough from Laxus especially as it is.

I'd give this one to Natsu given that he has Dragon Force and Laxus doesn't. While Laxus is certainly powerful, and Natsu is too, Laxus is a powerhouse and Natsu would have mid to high difficulty beating Laxus with his Base Mode alone. Natsu's Lightning-Flame Dragon Mode would probably reduce the effects of Laxus's lightning a bit, plus it'd boost Natsu's own power that he can deal out so it'd be interesting to see how that would play out, but Natsu would eventually win, again mid to high-difficulty.
Now onto Natsu using Dragon Force, Laxus wouldn't be able to keep up to that almost at all, and to make matters worse for Laxus he doesn't have access to Dragon Force like Natsu does, so if Natsu was to use Dragon Force he'd be able to finish it up easy to mid-difficulty.

Now Laxus is certainly strong and we haven't seen all of what he can do yet, but I still have my doubts he'd have anything to match Dragon Force Natsu. Yeah, he dropped a massive bolt of Lightning on Ajeel which you can argue he wasn't being entirely serious when he did it, but thats all we have to see of Laxus so far. Given that, and that its almost completely ruled out that he can get Dragon Force due to Mard Geer stating Dragon Force was the power of a Dragon directly inherited from a Dragon, as is the case with Natsu, if Natsu was to use Dragon Force, Laxus would be overpowered and lose the fight.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I included LFD because in this Form He Will be immune to laxus's lightning Attack.
This is incorrect though. Natsu isn't a lightning dragon slayer so he's not immune to lightning. That's not how it works.
Anyway, on the battle, I'll give this to Natsu. Laxus is the stronger one but with DF, Natsu would get the edge. It would be an extremely difficult battle though.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
This is incorrect though. Natsu isn't a lightning dragon slayer so he's not immune to lightning. That's not how it works.
Anyway, on the battle, I'll give this to Natsu. Laxus is the stronger one but with DF, Natsu would get the edge. It would be an extremely difficult battle though.
No I Said in his LFD he should be immune to laxus's lightning as it is one of his elements.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Why would Natsu be immune to Laxus' lightning? It's not like Natsu is able to eat Laxus' lightning, is it?

I think Natsu wins with extreme diff or even tie

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
No I Said in his LFD he should be immune to laxus's lightning as it is one of his elements.
I think a better word to use in this situation would be resistant rather than immune, as Natsu most likely take less damage in LFD from Laxus' lightning, and immune implies he takes no damage from the lightning.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
He wouldn't be. Natsu may be more durable in that mode since he's stronger and likely take less damage but he's not resistant to lightning, at least, lightning would work on him just as it would work on any other. Lightning is not his element, fire is so Natsu is resistant to fire not lightning

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
So Laxus can't use lightning body or his big nuke from Alvarez? These are lightning magic not LDS.

With DF Natsu wins. I don't know the diff, could be low, could be medium. DF is a serious boost, and base Natsu is already a powerhouse.

Would Laxus also be able to eat LFD given it has lightning too? I don't even count LFD in Natsu match-ups, no need for it anymore just let him be fire.

Laxus is also a bit of an unknown. You can hype him a lot based on August's words and scaling. His best lightning blasts pre-skip were waaaay smaller, so his AoE has improved drastically. Scaling this improvement to his already potent CQC is where it would become iffy, and I'd want to see feats before scaling that. For now I put him on base Natsu level but could hype him a little higher to be fair.

Give Laxus Dragon Force!!!!!

Bliscor

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Laxus>>>Natsu

Mid-diff win.

Mirage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
FDKM Natsu? He wins.

Bliscor

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
FDKM Natsu? He wins.
Lol no he doesn't. That shit didn't work on Zeref, and that's the only time it was used.
Unless you want to argue that FDKM Natsu was used on Bluenote/WarGod.

Mirage

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Lol no he doesn't. That shit didn't work on Zeref, and that's the only time it was used.
Unless you want to argue that FDKM Natsu was used on Bluenote/WarGod.
What? The dude was smacking Zeref around and would've most likely really messed him up if it weren't for happy.

In case you were new to FT, Natsu one-shotted Bluenote, one-shotted a War God. Natsu has been portrayed to be > Gildarts, who is > Laxus.

Bliscor

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
What? The dude was smacking Zeref around and would've most likely really messed him up if it weren't for happy.

In case you were new to FT, Natsu one-shotted Bluenote, one-shotted a War God. Natsu has been portrayed to be > Gildarts, who is > Laxus.

LOL Zeref was not even trying. "Most likely"=Assumption.

I know that. but he's not protrayed to be > Gildartz and Laxus. That's just hating on Gildartz and Laxus.

FDKM best feats are beating up a half serious Zeref.
Laxus can do better than that.

Mirage

Reaction score
Country
Canada
LOL Zeref was not even trying. "Most likely"=Assumption.

I know that. but he's not protrayed to be > Gildartz and Laxus. That's just hating on Gildartz and Laxus.

FDKM best feats are beating up a half serious Zeref.
Laxus can do better than that.
Assumption? He clearly was just going to get smacked some more if Happy didn't come in. Natsu was cancelling the shit out of Zeref's magic. It was totally one sided.
:cookiestare

What? Yes, he is portrayed to be > Gildarts. Literally everyone knows that. It's not hard to understand.

Natsu is > Gildarts who is > Laxus. Laxus has been getting better though with his city level stuff.

Laxus could pull a high diff vs Base Natsu but FDKM Natsu rapes tbh.

Bliscor

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Assumption? He clearly was just going to get smacked some more if Happy didn't come in. Natsu was cancelling the shit out of Zeref's magic. It was totally one sided.

What? Yes, he is portrayed to be > Gildarts. Literally everyone knows that. It's not hard to understand.

Natsu is > Gildarts who is > Laxus. Laxus has been getting better though with his city level stuff.

Yes, it's an assumption.
Natsu had the advantage but it wasn't one-sided as you are making it out to be. Zeref was still putting up a fight.

He's protrayed to be around Gildartz level, not > Gildartz.

Gildartz isn't > Laxus anymore especially not in this time-skip.

I disagree....

What about LFD Natsu?

I see it as Laxus>=Gildartz=Natsu.

so Laxus>=Natsu

Mirage

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Yes, it's an assumption.
Natsu had the advantage but it wasn't one-sided as you are making it out to be. Zeref was still putting up a fight.

He's protrayed to be around Gildartz level, not > Gildartz.

Gildartz isn't > Laxus anymore especially not in this time-skip.

I disagree....

What about LFD Natsu?

I see it as Laxus>=Gildartz=Natsu.

so Laxus>=Natsu
Zeref landed one good hit IIRC. It was more than an advantage man. More like one-sided.

The fact that Natsu casually one-shotted Bluenote with a nameless attack definitely puts him above Gildarts. Also a war god, who's like mountain level. Yeah how is Laxus > Natsu again? Laxus' best feat is his casual city level nuke on Azir while Natsu is multi-mountain level and possibly island level in FDKM.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
The way I see it, Laxus is stronger than base Natsu.
Using Fire Dragon King spells, they are about equal.
Ignoring LFD and Dragon Force because they haven't been revealed.

Using Igneel's power, Natsu is definitely stronger. Like way stronger. I don't care where you rank Gildarts and Laxus in relation to each-other, you can't trump the fact Acnologia oneshotted Gildarts. Igneel was on Acnologia's level. Igneel fought Acnologia for 20 minutes, knocked him out once, and then manage to tear off an arm. Even after his death, his power gave Natsu the means of standing up against Zeref. Natsu was punching Zeref through mountains and burning away Zeref's magic. The only feats in this series more impressive than that is really Igneel tearing off Acnologia's arm, and Acnologia tearing Igneel in half. Also, Zeref is immortal. One of the few things that gave him hope of dying was Igneel's power, and he knows the power the Spriggan 12 have. If you believe the hype that Natsu has the means of killing Zeref, then he's 3rd strongest in the series after Acnologia and Igneel. Even if you don't, he's still 4th strongest after Zeref.

Last edited:

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Laxus>>>Natsu

Mid-diff win.

Base Natsu is not the point of comparison.DF Natsu is the point of comparison.laxus is suppose 2X stronger than Base Natsu but DF Natsu is atleast 3X Stronger than Base Natsu.So DF Natsu will definetly win against laxus.
2)FDKM Attack was only one Attack that was the End Attack in the Chapter 464.That Attack grievously injured Zeref.This Attack would have destroyed any Spriggan and incinerated laxus and gildarts.
3.gildarts couldn't finish Bluenote Stinger in a single casual attack.It took much time (when Magic power was present)to defeat Bluenote completely.He used a very serious attack Empyrean to finish Bluenote.Natsu used a Casual Fire Dragon roar and finished Bluenote Stinger.We can assume Bluenote haf improved from the Tenrou Arc.

Shasha23

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
South Africa

Actually he didn't 1 shot the war god he used 2 attacks, but I agree with you FDKM Natsu wins, his power at that one moment was probably only second to Acnologia.

But seeing as he lost that power I would say him and Laxus are about even just that Natsu takes it because of DF

Ice devil slayer

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Fdkm natsu wins this dude is just too strong in this mode he was about to kill zeref but i agree if zeref was serious natsu even in fdkm mode would have get stomped hard