Voting Round 2 Natsu Dragneel vs. Reinhard van Astrea

Who wins?

• Natsu Dragneel

• Reinhard van Astrea

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demonspeed

Lion of the Two Swords
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I was such an apologist too. Pretty sure I even vaguely remember trying to argue Kishi wasn't sexist at some point.

Oh, younger me....-_-;
You know what. I think I'll dig in the archive :lmao.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
You know what. I think I'll dig in the archive :lmao.
Just... don't show it to me.

The mental damage I'll take from a passionate 800 word essay I wrote on how "Sakura's time to shine is right around the corner." would be too much,:emocat

Lambu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
A small aside, do you think the author is setting up Subaru to actually be stronger that Reinhard by the end. Giving him numerous authorities to control, possibly all of them by series end.
Nope, the author also stated in a Q&A round that Subaru will never be op (his authorities are very weak versions of the Archbishop's ones) and that no one will surpass Reinhard. The hax man will remain Top 1 till the end of the series.

Valhalla777

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Wait, im confused ...
Why are Satella and Pandora both banned then, if Rei is the strongest?
What makes Satella ban worthy? :hmm She cant die? Then again neither can Rei from what ive read :xp

Last edited:

cracker

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wait, im confused ...
What makes Satella ban worthy? :hmm She cant die?
Pandora has reality warping powers but the exact limit and restrictions are unknown. She is even capable of reversing her own death after the fact. Not sure why Satella is banned, her actual abilities are unknown but currently she is unkillable and has some control over time (unknown limits).

Valhalla777

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I see. So they are banned mainly because their powers and limits are not well known :hmmthats fair ... cough Daishinkan ... cough ... something stuck in my throat

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Wait, im confused ...
What makes Satella ban worthy? :hmm She cant die? Then again neither can Rei from what ive read :xp
Satella is just way too hard to measure for being a multidimensional entity that can move in between completely different universes. I explained it in the previous match up here and here. o/

As for Pandora we just dont know the way her abilities work, but we know she's below Rein and Satella.
Her reality warping surely has limitations, many theories point it out but for a lack of legit info on how she functions she was banned.

Equaling Heaven

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
truthfully these so called gods in fairy tail are fodders with not much im oh impressive feats so i simply can't take them seriously
How stopping time isn't an impressive feat? Just like that Regulus guy who got stomped by Ilya.

Elessar

Telcontar
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Spain
How stopping time isn't an impressive feat? Just like that Regulus guy who got stomped by Ilya.
Indeed, they're very haxy. Stopping time and the skill to grant curses of actual immortality to regular folk like Zeref. Natsu managed to burn through one's time stopping skills but not through the other's granted immortality.

Blakestnight666

Reaction score
Country
India
He's stated by the author to be able to destroy the Re:Zero universe or plain of existence. He will never do it, but its a fact that he can.

The novel directly states that his slash with the Dragon Sword ripped the entire world appart and made it rebirth at the same time without traces of Puck and his destruction.

If that isnt way above planet level Idk what it is, the anime didnt do justice to the scene.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Demon already answered. but this is not about criticizing FT. Its about using a writer's gimmick as a power of the character.
The main argument for Natsu is "He's FT Main Character, so he will break through anything no matter what" and that is not a power of his, this VS is not being written in the context of FT author's writing.

Reinhard has inmunity to magic, can avoid anything Natsu sends his way and can oneshot him with ease.
What Im saying is that I cant agree with Natsu burning through Reinhard's Divine Protections because Mashima would make him do it if he has the chance.
Its the same as saying Nora can one shot Lord of Nightmares because her author would make her do it. We are taking feats and listed legit abilities for the matches, more than that and it stops being about the characters.
No nothing in re zero is universe level. Most of the times the world refers to the planet.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

D
Okay as Reinhard can destroy the entire Re Zero universe so i am voting for him.
dude he is wrong. He is practically misinterpreting the world a.k.a rezero planet to universe. There hasn't been a single statement in the series about universal destruction. He is wanking Reinhard too much

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
No nothing in re zero is universe level. Most of the times the world refers to the planet.

D

dude he is wrong. He is practically misinterpreting the world a.k.a rezero planet to universe. There hasn't been a single statement in the series about universal destruction. He is wanking Reinhard too much
Even if Lambu is exaggerating it doesn't really matter to me in this match because from what i have seen Reinhard is stronger and haxier too than Natsu.

Blakestnight666

Reaction score
Country
India
Even if Lambu is exaggerating it doesn't really matter to me in this match because from what i have seen Reinhard is stronger and haxier too than Natsu.
yes i already said that Reinhard stomps natsu and most of the ft verse but i don't like how he wanks Reinhard
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

It's impressive because they are hax abilities and are not destructive. And what i mean is that the gods showed in ft are extremely weak. Just take the war god as an example. He was weak as fuck yet gets thr name of god. Gods are supposed to be strongest beings in the world yet natsu in base can one shot such a god. The only God i think is worth mentioning is ankhesram who can curse someone with immortality

Kurumi Tokisaki

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
It's impressive because they are hax abilities and are not destructive. And what i mean is that the gods showed in ft are extremely weak. Just take the war god as an example. He was weak as fuck yet gets thr name of god. Gods are supposed to be strongest beings in the world yet natsu in base can one shot such a god. The only God i think is worth mentioning is ankhesram who can curse someone with immortality
In FT Dragons are the strongest creatures. The main character is DS. The strongest villain is a Dragon in the original series(Acno). 100-year quest is about dragons as well. It's a Dragon carnival. Like u said rest of the races are mostly fodders.

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain

Woah hold your horses there man, do you even know the structure of the Re:Zero Universe? I think you dont or else you would know theres no "planet", the plain of reality in which the story happens is flat lol.

Im taking proven feats from the novel and facts taken from the authors Q&A. I already said that I dont know how vast is the Re:Zero universe, we know it has a cosmos with stars, meteors, Sun and Moon but the dimensions of it are unknown.

The next thing is a Spoiler, but whatever :lambirb

What is confirmed is that Reinhard can rip apart everything that exists since his powers are a direct projection of Od Laguna, the Soul of the World, which is the Divine Power/Engine that allows existence of everything, also holding all souls and memories of anything transpired. Basically, Reinhard is the most literal definition of the "Chosen One" by the Universe so to speak.

All that exists in Re:Zero is because Od Laguna makes it exist, and Reinhard (as an individual holding all the divine powers it has) can destroy Od Laguna if he wants to, ending all existence aka the Universe.
Reinhard is in a state of constantly supressing himself for this, since he would kill everyone around him if going just a tiny bit overboard. Contrary to other series, casually unleashing a "continent busting" attack without Reid's Sword would kill millions as a result of the energy liberated and that is not a win for a Hero. Im not "wanking" anything Im saying what it is.

So you can have your opinion, but before entering a discussion about something you dont know very well go read about it and then discuss. You dont need to read Re:Zero to present arguments, but dont state your opinions as facts until you inform yourself first.

Blakestnight666

Reaction score
Country
India
Woah hold your horses there man, do you even know the structure of the Re:Zero Universe? I think you dont or else you would know theres no "planet", the plain of reality in which the story happens is flat lol.

Im taking proven feats from the novel and facts taken from the authors Q&A. I already said that I dont know how vast is the Re:Zero universe, we know it has a cosmos with stars, meteors, Sun and Moon but the dimensions of it are unknown.

The next thing is a Spoiler, but whatever :lambirb

What is confirmed is that Reinhard can rip apart everything that exists since his powers are a direct projection of Od Laguna, the Soul of the World, which is the Divine Power/Engine that allows existence of everything, also holding all souls and memories of anything transpired. Basically, Reinhard is the most literal definition of the "Chosen One" by the Universe so to speak.

All that exists in Re:Zero is because Od Laguna makes it exist, and Reinhard (as an individual holding all the divine powers it has) can destroy Od Laguna if he wants to, ending all existence aka the Universe.
Reinhard is in an state of constantly supressing himself for this, since he would kill everyone around him if going just a tiny bit overboard. Contrary to other series, casually unleashing a "continent busting" attack without Reid's Sword would kill millions as a result of the energy liberated and that is not a win for a Hero. Im not "wanking" anything Im saying what it is.

So you can have your opinion, but before entering a discussion about something you dont know very well go read about it and then discuss. You dont need to read Re:Zero to present arguments, but dont state your opinions as facts until you inform yourself first.
Dude your context is way beyond anyone 's conception. Show me proof that there is even an universal statement. You are simply twisting things. He can destroy things doesn't mean he can one shot the universe.

Show me one scan of him destroying stars or galaxies OR anything that has to do with a celestial body.

You're Just far fetching things the novel mentions cause they are quite vague at timed

And what's there to say that od Laguna the word soul thing only refers to the planet.

Just show us a single scan of proof of the things you say

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Dude your context is way beyond anyone 's conception. Show me proof that there is even an universal statement. You are simply twisting things. He can destroy things doesn't mean he can one shot the universe.

Show me one scan of him destroying stars or galaxies OR anything that has to do with a celestial body.

You're Just far fetching things the novel mentions cause they are quite vague at timed

And what's there to say that od Laguna the word soul thing only refers to the planet.

Just show us a single scan of proof of the things you say
What scan? Re:Zero is a novel dude. :oh

I gave a link to the WebNovel chapter in which he deletes the world and resets it with the Dragon Sword a few pages back in the thread, the LN making it even more explicit.

You are so focused on the cosmic part of scaling that you are missing the entire meaning of "ripping apart reality" which is the same as ripping apart space and time.

Just inform yourself before debating geez...

Blakestnight666

Reaction score
Country
India

I gave a link to the WebNovel chapter in which he deletes the world and resets it with the Dragon Sword a few pages back in the thread, the LN making it even more explicit.

You are so focused on the cosmic part of scaling that you are missing the entire meaning of "ripping apart reality" which is the same as ripping apart space and time.

Dude you are saying the same thing again and again. Destroying the world =/=destroying the universe. He destroyed the planet or everything on the planet and resets it later . If the Series was really universal then there would have been at least multi planet or star level feats in the series but no we only have vague statements of world destruction by certain characters. And the world here of course means the planet

Man you are overreaching too much.

Elessar

Telcontar
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Spain

He didn't accedentally stop time for a second when throwing some energy beam? Pfff, how do you expect him to be capable of physically destroying the universe?

Blakestnight666

Reaction score
Country
India
Lol if people are saying that Reinhard is universal level due to vague world destroying statements then natsu is also multi-universal level as he defeated zeref who was actually going to reset the timeline by going into the past which would then erase the present timeline. And Selene in the latest chapter confirms that there are countless dimensions in FTverses. So zeref's timeline reset feat should be multuversal as he would have reset those dimensions too. And natsu who defeated zeref by virtue should also be multiversal

Status
Not open for further replies.