Voting Round 2 - Natsu Dragneel vs. Reinhard van Astrea | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Natsu Dragneel vs. Reinhard van Astrea

Who wins?

• Natsu Dragneel

• Reinhard van Astrea

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

Battle Phase
  • You are allowed to vote for one champion.
  • After 3 days, the champion with the most votes will proceed into the next round.
  • In case of a tie, a staff pick will break it.
  • There will be no additional restrictions. A character will have access to all of his/her abilities according to the lore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
In pure raw power I think Natsu should be higher as his 7DS form killed Acnologia(granted his power was most possibly halved between his Dragon form and Human form).Still Time Space Acnologia as far as I remember was stated to be able to destroy the "world".

But there again Reinhard is too haxy.I will wait to see arguments of both sides before voting.

Last edited:

cracker

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Natsu effectively one-shot the final villain of a long running manga with a spirit bomb dragon punch, dafuq. The punch is straight deus ex machina. Natsu at his strongest is Natsu supported by his friends. Reinhard gets spirit bomb deus ex machina dragon punch.

In all fairness, Od Laguna stops supporting Reinherd because it would rather be friends with Natsu. Natsu is the new champion. Low diff.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Voted Reinhard and I doubt I'll change later but we'll see.

Natsu has just fire and lightning plus Dragon Force, right? Don't see how he could beat the swordsman.

Last edited:

cracker

Reaction score
Country
United States
Voted Reinhard and I doubt I'll change later but we'll see.

Natsu has just fire and lightning plus Dragon Force, right? Don't see how he could be the swordsman.
deus ex machina spirit bomb dragon fire punch

cracker

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's not really something I consider.
It's a feat lol, that's how he defeated the strongest villain in the manga. It sounds ridiculous because it was ridiculous.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
It's a feat lol, that's how he defeated the strongest villain in the manga. It sounds ridiculous because it was ridiculous.
I don't read FT but it just seems to be plot convenient writing. Is he still able to do that consistently in 100YQ? I doubt it. Acnologia isn't that strong to begin with and he doesn't have Reinhard's abilities. Natsu's punch can't allow him to ignore what Reinhard has.

cracker

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't read FT but it just seems to be plot convenient writing. Is he still able to do that consistently in 100YQ? I doubt it. Acnologia isn't that strong to begin with and he doesn't have Reinhard's abilities. Natsu's punch can't allow him to ignore what Reinhard has.
I wasn't seriously defending Natsu. From a logical standpoint Reinhard would win.

But if they were to fight that's probably how Natsu would beat him. Since Natsu is a MC and Reinhard at the end of the day is just a secondary character. MC always find a way to triumphant even if it's plot convenient lol

Lambu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Only if Mashima himself wrote the battle would Natsu avoid being curbstomped here, and even then he doesnt have anything to harm the likes of Reinhard.

Bad writing is not a power :lambirb

desin24

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Only if Mashima himself wrote the battle would Natsu avoid being curbstomped here, and even then he doesnt have anything to harm the likes of Reinhard.

Bad writing is not a power :lambirb
Can I use that last sentence as a signature?

GL_Nova

Reaction score
Country
United States
Natsu

Blakestnight666

Reaction score
Country
India
Natsu is strong enough to destroy a small country sized opponent but Reinhard is walking hax machine.

I would give it to Reinhard because of his hax

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Natsu's fire randomly burns through time and ignores immunity to magic for some stupid reason, so there's that.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Infinite power, immortality, invincibility, immunity... savage flames burns through those insignificant powers. Natsu just needs to channel the right emotions, and that spike in power will overcome whatever hax may exist. He has true hax.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Tbh Natsu did burn through time magic and through magic immunity with no explanation other than "he's Natsu".

desin24

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Austria
I guess this is where the Stan Lee quote comes in about the winner being the one who the writer wants to win.

I'd argue that the point of this tournament is to use canon feats and statements (feats > statements) to extrapolate how a confrontation would play out between two chars. Natsu burning time magic because the story demands it is a canon feat even though it's inconsistent or nonsensical. In my assessment it still diminishes the feat when compared to a character that consistently shows immunity to pretty much anything.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I guess this is where the Stan Lee quote comes in about the winner being the one who the writer wants to win.

I'd argue that the point of this tournament is to use canon feats and statements (feats > statements) to extrapolate how a confrontation would play out between two chars. Natsu burning time magic because the story demands it is a canon feat even though it's inconsistent or nonsensical. In my assessment it still diminishes the feat when compared to a character that consistently shows immunity to pretty much anything.
In FT, emotions can convert to ethernano, which is magic power.

Natsu is simply the best exponent of emotional power in the series. He is the "king".

To a point where his flames of savage emotions defeated the greatest wizard (buffed with infinite power, control of the dimension of time, and the curse of immortality) with ONE blow.

This is canon. And I understand your disbelief and equate it all to plot. But FT mechanics defy such presuppositions. People bash Erza for plot armour despite the very fact she wears some. With Natsu, he can achieve oneshot power over any character if emotive factors are high enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.