Fantasy - Natsu vs White Out PoF Erza | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy Natsu vs White Out PoF Erza

Natsu vs White Out PoF Erza

• Natsu

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • White Out PoF Erza

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Tie

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shoutmon

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
Not when Zeref himself implies that Igneel's flame is stronger than DF. He makes no special note of Dragon force Natsu's power and intentionally takes the attack to show off his time powers. Even looking from Natsu's perspective, why would he make such a big deal about a one time use power that took him 10 months to unleash if he could just at will summon a power that was significantly stronger than it?

Nothing about anything Zeref said or did implied he would be a punching bag to DF Natsu. Given the fact that he could go blow for blow with Igneel's flame Natsu for a bit, I'm sure he could adjust his power to be on par with DF Natsu while still enjoying the fight.

Doesn't have to be the same type of attack when she can do omnidirectional strikes. Even something like the momentary speedblitz she did against Laxus would be enough to stop his charge. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember anything implying that Zeref is tiers above August and Irene. In terms of magic power all the hype went to those two. He's probably stronger, but not by some insane degree. Characters like Erza and Gildarts could compete against Irene and August so I don't think Zeref's glare is above their pay grade.

DF gave him a 2-3x speed boost. On top of already being faster than him, Erza has armors that can increase her speed so I don't think DF will make much of a change in their speed difference. But it's good you mention that because I've been trying to revise my thinking on the power gaps in this series. Previously I thought Aldoron had an astronomical drop in speed, but given a precedent like Natsu and Jellal, maybe that's not the case. Perhaps his somewhat is valid afterall and his original strength just wasn't as high as I thought. Guess that makes sense since according to Mercphobia he was nerfed even prior to the god seeds destruction. But I'll leave it at that since it's not relevant to this thread,
Zeref never implied that Igneel's flame was outright stronger, just that it could kill him 'cause it was power from the dead. Think about it like this, Zeref doesn't think that Acno and Igneel could kill him, but thought that IgNatsu could.

EDIT: As for him not praising DF Natsu's power, there would be no purpose in that. He had most likely given up hope in getting killed at that point, and was just having fun fighting against Natsu

Looking at it from Natsu's perspective, he himself fully believed that his DF Demolition Fist had erased Zeref. Maybe he also believed that the 'power of the dead' could more easily hax its way around immortality.

Like I said, Zeref would be a punching bag if he stood around and did nothing. He knew that DF couldn't kill him and was enjoying the fight, so naturally he would continue fighting.

Blitzing Laxus =/= blitzing DF Natsu. DF makes him capable of blitzing meteor Jellal, with meteor's main gimmick being its huge speed amp.

Erza is still ultimately weaker than August and Irene, who in turn are weaker than Zeref based on hype and narrative, and DF Natsu destroyed Zeref's body.

As I already mentioned, DF Natsu blitzed Meteor Jellal who's main gimmick is speed. Even ignoring that, he could literally just ignite the entire battlefield to burn Erza in an omni-directional blaze like what he did against Invel's cold (but obviously at a higher level)

Last edited:

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
Gajeel put big aldoron to sleep.
Dude was literally gonna get one shot and was saved by Brandish's magic running out. Aldo ultimately took no damage by the end of that.

He didn't "put him to sleep" lol. He just lied down to use some AOE thorn attack to deal with the pests on his body. Gajeel managed to do literally nothing to the same nerfed dragon Aldo through whom Natsu blew a hole

And the holes in Aldoron were just his own magic power bursting out of him as he lost all his pillars that were made to control it.
I am talking about the hole that Natsu put him him BEFORE the pillars showed up. Look at these in sequence (that website doesn't allow images to be posted for some reason).

Page 15: Natsu uses his attack on human Aldo, and it starts off with blowing a hole in human Aldo's body
Page 16: It expands into a massive explosion, blowing a hole through Dragon Aldo's body
Page 17: Human Aldo is completely destroyed in the attack, asking Natsu some question in his final moments
Page 18: NOW the pillars appear all over dragon Aldo's body, AFTER human Aldo is killed.

Looking at these pages in sequence, it can easily be seen that the INITIAL giant hole was from DF Natsu's attack itself,

The pillars appeared AFTER human Aldo was killed. This makes narrative sense, because after human Aldo was killed, dragon Aldo's death soon followed since there are no more Aldo seeds.

Jintohaku

Reaction score
Country
United States
Zeref never implied that Igneel's flame was outright stronger, just that it could kill him 'cause it was power from the dead. Think about it like this, Zeref doesn't think that Acno and Igneel could kill him, but thought that IgNatsu could.

Looking at it from Natsu's perspective, he himself fully believed that his DF Demolition Fist had erased Zeref. Maybe he also believed that the 'power of the dead' could more easily hax its way around immortality.

Like I said, Zeref would be a punching bag if he stood around and did nothing. He knew that DF couldn't kill him and was enjoying the fight, so naturally he would continue fighting.

Blitzing Laxus =/= blitzing DF Natsu. DF makes him capable of blitzing meteor Jellal, with meteor's main gimmick being its huge speed amp.

Erza is still ultimately weaker than August and Irene, who in turn are weaker than Zeref based on hype and narrative, and DF Natsu destroyed Zeref.

As I already mentioned, DF Natsu blitzed Meteor Jellal who's main gimmick is speed. Even ignoring that, he could literally just ignite the entire battlefield to burn Erza in an omni-directional blaze like what he did against Invel's cold (but obviously at a higher level)
That's why I gave Natsu's perspective as well. Natsu opted for the one time power up than something he could activate at will. Also Zeref said it in the context of beating him in a fight as well. That's why he said that it'd be better if Natsu had the power to turn into a dragon like Acnologia cause that would allow him to beat him in a fight unlike DF.

Don't think the power of the dead had anything to do with Natsu's rational, that was all Zeref. Natsu originally trained to get that power to fight Acnologia but the immediate threat of Alvarez made him switch priorities to Zeref. And he fully believed the punch erased Zeref because that's what he saw. Doesn't change the fact that Zeref let it happen. Suzaku believed that him and Natsu would be enough against dogramag because of Selene's performance but reality humbled him quickly.

"Like I said, Zeref would be a punching bag if he stood around and did nothing. He knew that DF couldn't kill him and was enjoying the fight, so naturally he would continue fighting." You've kind of lost me on this point. What is the purpose of saying this? I originally said that Zeref was fully confident in fighting DF Natsu even while in base so the notion of DF Natsu being stronger than FH Zeref wasn't valid. Then you said that Zeref would just abuse his immortality and stall until Natsu ran out of strength. Nothing about the way Zeref acted implied he would need to do that. Even before Zeref learned about the nature of Igneel flame Natsu's power, he was impressed with the magic and raw heat it was giving off. Nothing like that happens when he sees DF Natsu's power. Sure he'd be a "punching bag" if he just stood there but that has nothing to do with the point. DF Natsu isn't stronger than Zeref.

Meteor's gimmick is speed alright but that doesn't make it the be all end all of speed in the series. We even have Jet who's entire magic set is speed based, but every relevant character is faster than him. Once again it took just a 2-3x boost in speed for Natsu to go from getting blitzed, to blitzing Jellal.

And Natsu is ultimately weaker than Zeref. His demonstration of his time powers doesn't change that.

Do you really think that'd do much damage? Invel's cold easily overpowered that and it took Natsu a whole chapter to break out of the ice. His actual attacks are way more potent than him just randomly covering the area in flames and someone like Suzaku could withstand his demolition fist without any issues. And that's without flame resistant armor like Erza has.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Dude was literally gonna get one shot and was saved by Brandish's magic running out. Aldo ultimately took no damage by the end of that.

He didn't "put him to sleep" lol. He just lied down to use some AOE thorn attack to deal with the pests on his body. Gajeel managed to do literally nothing to the same nerfed dragon Aldo through whom Natsu blew a hole

I am talking about the hole that Natsu put him him BEFORE the pillars showed up. Look at these in sequence (that website doesn't allow images to be posted for some reason).

Page 15: Natsu uses his attack on human Aldo, and it starts off with blowing a hole in human Aldo's body
Page 16: It expands into a massive explosion, blowing a hole through Dragon Aldo's body
Page 17: Human Aldo is completely destroyed in the attack, asking Natsu some question in his final moments
Page 18: NOW the pillars appear all over dragon Aldo's body, AFTER human Aldo is killed.

Looking at these pages in sequence, it can easily be seen that the INITIAL giant hole was from DF Natsu's attack itself,

The pillars appeared AFTER human Aldo was killed. This makes narrative sense, because after human Aldo was killed, dragon Aldo's death soon followed since there are no more Aldo seeds.
Not true. The page shows Aldoron laying down with a power down sound effect and highlights that it is the result of Gajeel's attacks. The forest of thorns wasn't even Big Aldoron's doing anyway as it was controlled by the god seed. We also know that every hit Gajeel made on big Aldoron was affecting the God Seed in a significant way.
Natsu couldn't hit him prior to this.

That's also a pillar. The magic power controlled by God Seed Aldoron was shooting up through the city they were under as he was being defeated. This happened before with Doom but to a lesser extent since doom didn't control as much of Aldoron's magic as God seed Aldoron did.
. The sequence of events is actually what leads me to believe the first pillar isn't Natsu's attack.
On this page Natsu's attack ends and we get some dialogue from Aldoron. And this is what we see on the very next page.
The first pillar is still shooting along with the others well after Natsu's attack ends.

Shoutmon

Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
That's why I gave Natsu's perspective as well. Natsu opted for the one time power up than something he could activate at will. Also Zeref said it in the context of beating him in a fight as well. That's why he said that it'd be better if Natsu had the power to turn into a dragon like Acnologia cause that would allow him to beat him in a fight unlike DF.

Don't think the power of the dead had anything to do with Natsu's rational, that was all Zeref. Natsu originally trained to get that power to fight Acnologia but the immediate threat of Alvarez made him switch priorities to Zeref. And he fully believed the punch erased Zeref because that's what he saw. Doesn't change the fact that Zeref let it happen. Suzaku believed that him and Natsu would be enough against dogramag because of Selene's performance but reality humbled him quickly.

"Like I said, Zeref would be a punching bag if he stood around and did nothing. He knew that DF couldn't kill him and was enjoying the fight, so naturally he would continue fighting." You've kind of lost me on this point. What is the purpose of saying this? I originally said that Zeref was fully confident in fighting DF Natsu even while in base so the notion of DF Natsu being stronger than FH Zeref wasn't valid. Then you said that Zeref would just abuse his immortality and stall until Natsu ran out of strength. Nothing about the way Zeref acted implied he would need to do that. Even before Zeref learned about the nature of Igneel flame Natsu's power, he was impressed with the magic and raw heat it was giving off. Nothing like that happens when he sees DF Natsu's power. Sure he'd be a "punching bag" if he just stood there but that has nothing to do with the point. DF Natsu isn't stronger than Zeref.

Meteor's gimmick is speed alright but that doesn't make it the be all end all of speed in the series. We even have Jet who's entire magic set is speed based, but every relevant character is faster than him. Once again it took just a 2-3x boost in speed for Natsu to go from getting blitzed, to blitzing Jellal.

And Natsu is ultimately weaker than Zeref. His demonstration of his time powers doesn't change that.

Do you really think that'd do much damage? Invel's cold easily overpowered that and it took Natsu a whole chapter to break out of the ice. His actual attacks are way more potent than him just randomly covering the area in flames and someone like Suzaku could withstand his demolition fist without any issues. And that's without flame resistant armor like Erza has.
The only way to "beat" Zeref at that point was to either negate his immortality and kill him, or make him incapable of getting Fairy Heart from Mavis to enact his plan. A Dragon Natsu could easily accomplish the latter by grabbing Zeref, crumbling him up like a piece of paper and holding him like that until a more permanent solution could be found. To accomplish the former though, he would have to be stronger than Igneel and Acnologia (which who knows, to be honest)

Natsu portrayed Igneel's power as a secret plan for dealing with Zeref's immortality(on mobile, but it's chapter 451). Debating Natsu's perspective isn't gonna get us very far. He fully believed that he could erase Zeref with his DF's power before his Demolition Fist landed. Zeref letting the hit land doesn't discredit its power, 'cause again, we saw the same happen with IgNatsu's semi-final attack with massively different results.

I can see how its confusing, so let me rephrase it. Zeref knew that DF Natsu couldn't kill him, but enjoyed fighting the latter regardless. This is why he was so confident and continued to fight back.

DF Natsu not getting praised ultimately doesn't mean much. Zeref took note of a mysterious power emanating from a tattoo that Natsu had when he was still hopeful of Natsu's ability to kill him and after he had seen the latter for the first time in a year. It being 'power from the dead' is what gave him hope that Natsu could kill him and when it ran out, he lost that hope entirely and resolved to just turn back time. DF Natsu's power wouldn't have mattered, 'cause it's not higher than Acno's who also couldn't kill him, so there's no point in praising it.

1. Jet is fodder
  2. Erza would need to be ridiculously faster than Jellal in meteor in order to blitz someone who can blitz him
Yes I think it would do a huge amount of damage. There is a huge difference in power between Base Natsu's flames and DF Natsu's flames. Base Natsu was incapable of burning Aldoron's attacks, while DF Natsu easily did so. Erza switching to Flame Empress would take away any advantage she would have in her other 'speedy' armour (not that it would be enough imo), and if Laxus could easily destroy Erza's lightning empress armour with a no-named lightning punch, then there's no way in hell that DF Natsu's gonna be stumped against her flame-empress armour

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France

Not true. The page shows Aldoron laying down with a power down sound effect and highlights that it is the result of Gajeel's attacks. The forest of thorns wasn't even Big Aldoron's doing anyway as it was controlled by the god seed. We also know that every hit Gajeel made on big Aldoron was affecting the God Seed in a significant way.

That's also a pillar. The magic power controlled by God Seed Aldoron was shooting up through the city they were under as he was being defeated. This happened before with Doom but to a lesser extent since doom didn't control as much of Aldoron's magic as God seed Aldoron did.
. The sequence of events is actually what leads me to believe the first pillar isn't Natsu's attack.
On this page Natsu's attack ends and we get some dialogue from Aldoron. And this is what we see on the very next page.
The first pillar is still shooting along with the others well after Natsu's attack ends.
I agree with all of that. The problem is that Arc Aldoron is often read by interpretation, which makes it the most misunderstood.

- Erza has finally caught up to the level of Laxus or almost :
the dialogues of the fight show that Erza hypes the incredible evolution of Laxus' all stats in comparison to the one she knew.
Laxus hypes an Erza below the level of full power he knows and asks her to stop holding back. Who caught up with whom ?

- Laxus has won and is resting at the end of the fight:
Erza admits that she can no longer continue the fight for lack of MP. Laxus recognizes the same thing. It is therefore a perfect tie following the sentence of Laxus himself, then of Kyria as a spectator, then of the author displaying the places of fights with a double KO. Laxus isn’t resting, he’s unconscious, unless he’s stupid enough to take a nap with Kyria around who wants to eat him.

- Laxus is more enduring because he wakes up well before Erza :
Laxus is unconscious for lack of MP. All the puppets saw their MP regenerated once Toùka lost control. Or it’s a wonderful circumstance to see all the puppets waking up at the same time with Jubia using her magic to block Grey’s ears.

- Natsu produces a fire raider 1000 times more powerful than a FDK Punch :
No, as you point out, the fire raider that destroys the whole city is due to the death of Aldoron God Seed by repercussions to the destruction of the seal, as the death of Doom producing the same effect. Unless you explain to me how the fire pillar can be maintained while Natsu’s attack has stopped the front page. Natsu has just produced enough power to disintegrate the Seed, as Jellal did with his for example. I think Raiko could do the same as result for exemple.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India

Dude you are missing the point he's making.

The point is simply that Igneel's residue is special fire that is capable of killing the immortal Zeref. This is the special power that Natsu was saving up, yeah he knew it could do the job.

Either way, I don't understand the point of this comparison to DF Natsu.
Functionally, the Igneel flames also would've likely just achieved the same as DF Natsu did - vap Zeref's body. Only difference here being, Zeref's immortality being bypassed.
This isn't a power thing, more of matchup thing. Even Acno cannot kill Zeref, but can only keep vap'ing his body.

Ultimately, when we look at DF Natsu's standalone feat. He completely vap'd the body of FH Zeref. Let's say Zeref "allowed" it to happen. So what?
The fact still remains that DF Natsu had enough power to vape the entire body of FH Zeref.
While the (next) strongest FT mage Gildarts, only managed to give August a bloody lip with his strongest attack (that bypassed immunity)

FH Zeref >>> base Zeref > Spriggans
DF Natsu's attack power >>> Gildarts > rest of FT

What you mean Jellal's speed ain't special? DF Natsu is the only "good guy" who is faster than meteor Jellal. Look at how his speed has been portrayed consistently throughout the series.
-Took down base Natsu without getting tagged even once.
-Blitzed Jura in GMG, the same Jura who was fast enough to blitz Ogra and was at least as fast as Laxus in the same arc.
-Blitzed Cobra who can mindread, blitzed Racer who has speed magic in Tartarus.
-Blitzed dragon Acno in Alverez, though this could be partly due to Acno jobbing

So yeah, being faster than meteor Jellal means a lot, cause that automatically puts DF Natsu's speed far above every other good guy.
And mind you, this was with a much weaker version of DF than what Natsu is currently capable of.

You can even just see Tartarus to know how much of a boost DF is to his speed. Etherious Mard was so fast that Natsu and buffed Gray together had a hard time even landing hits on him, with Gray being frustrated about being unable to land a single hit.
Once Natsu pulled out DF, he was able to repeatedly land hits on etherious Mard, he got the sole attention of Mard with his speed that allowed Gray to land his attack on Mard.

Let's analyze this page.

Gajeel: What the hell, I couldn't do anything
Why would he say that? Cause he noticed that he did nothing to Aldoron, zero damage.

Brandish: I wouldn't say that
Why would he say that? Cause she sees Aldoron lying down

* sees Aldoron lying down *
Gajeel: see that!
Thinks he actually did something

*Aldoron proceeds to spam thorns on his body*

This sequence shows that Aldo was preparing an attack to deal with the enemies standing on his body.
How is he supposed to do that when he is "sleeping" like you said he was?

At best, it managed to give dragon Aldo a slight discomfort while not dealing any real damage itself.

Also, you do realize that the panel you posted was BEFORE Gajeel vs Aldo concluded right?
Read the page.
Aldo: "is something happening outside?"
The context is because there is some "earthquake" caused by Gajeel punching dragon Aldo.

If what Gajeel did to dragon Aldo would've nerfed human Aldo, Mashima would've said it, as he did when the God seeds were going down.

What kind of mental gymnastics is this?
That swirly thing you posted after Doom went down, doesn't REMOTELY look similar to the "pillar" that came when Natsu blew a hole through human Aldo. It also didn't cause any destruction (the FT fodders were right in that area and took no damage), nor did it blow a hole through dragon Aldoron.

Just see the same pages you posted.

Why is the "central pillar" looking VASTLY DIFFERENT from the rest?
Why did that "central pillar" appear in the same time Natsu attacked human Aldo, while OTHERS DIDN'T?
Why would only this pillar appear while human Aldo was alive but dying, while the swirly thing appeared AFTER doom died?

No, as you point out, the fire raider that destroys the whole city is due to the death of Aldoron God Seed by repercussions to the destruction of the seal, as the death of Doom producing the same effect. Unless you explain to me how the fire pillar can be maintained while Natsu’s attack has stopped the front page. Natsu has just produced enough power to disintegrate the Seed, as Jellal did with his for example. I think Raiko could do the same as result for exemple.
Wrong.
Aldo seed didn't die in that panel.

After Aldo seed died, countless pillars starts popping out.

Those countless pillars look identical, with the exception of the central one which came when Natsu punched him. The central one appeared before those pillars appeared too.
Meaning, it clearly wasn't the pillars that exploded from dragon Aldo, that happened after the human Aldo died.

Stop the mental gymnastics.

Lol at "Laxus or Jellal would've done the same"
Absolutely ridiculous that you made this argument.
Actual human Aldo >>>>>>>>> the grunt god seeds. What Natsu faced was essentially akin to the human version of the Aldoron. In the same way there is human Ignia, Selene, Merc etc.

Man, you guys would pretend like Erza would still be stronger than DF Natsu after Natsu 1v1 Ignia. SMH

LaGOAT

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I agree with all of that. The problem is that Arc Aldoron is often read by interpretation, which makes it the most misunderstood.

- Erza has finally caught up to the level of Laxus or almost :
the dialogues of the fight show that Erza hypes the incredible evolution of Laxus' all stats in comparison to the one she knew.
Laxus hypes an Erza below the level of full power he knows and asks her to stop holding back. Who caught up with whom ?

- Laxus has won and is resting at the end of the fight:
Erza admits that she can no longer continue the fight for lack of MP. Laxus recognizes the same thing. It is therefore a perfect tie following the sentence of Laxus himself, then of Kyria as a spectator, then of the author displaying the places of fights with a double KO. Laxus isn’t resting, he’s unconscious, unless he’s stupid enough to take a nap with Kyria around who wants to eat him.

- Laxus is more enduring because he wakes up well before Erza :
Laxus is unconscious for lack of MP. All the puppets saw their MP regenerated once Toùka lost control. Or it’s a wonderful circumstance to see all the puppets waking up at the same time with Jubia using her magic to block Grey’s ears.

Again I’m say this once cause this isn’t a laxus vs erza thread

1. Erza underestimated laxus because she thought that laxus was weaker then her (personal opinion this contradicts what happen In the main series because she saw laxus fight again hades and was shocked how powerful laxus was but aye)

2. yes she was holding back. the point is even at full power she till needed to use her enchantment power up to keep up with laxus. Which proves that indeed laxus was stronger than her in the past. (Hence the erza finally caught up to laxus)

And just recently laxus just got a new power up which again proves that laxus is once again stronger currently.

Also u know if this was a tournament laxus would be consider the winner because erza fell first :cheez

@Jintohaku tbe point I’m saying yes zeref might felt that way about IgNatsu but we don’t know for sure it’s really true because the fight was stopped just like we don’t know if df natsu would have actually killed base zeref but honestly I don’t believe u think erza is stronger than natsu I mean the feats don’t agree with u lol

@grey matter I just find it weird now that erza fans think that natsu is stronger than df natsu now especially when erza herself that natsu is the one that beat acno 😭😭😭

Last edited:

Jintohaku

Reaction score
Country
United States
The only way to "beat" Zeref at that point was to either negate his immortality and kill him, or make him incapable of getting Fairy Heart from Mavis to enact his plan. A Dragon Natsu could easily accomplish the latter by grabbing Zeref, crumbling him up like a piece of paper and holding him like that until a more permanent solution could be found. To accomplish the former though, he would have to be stronger than Igneel and Acnologia (which who knows, to be honest)

Natsu portrayed Igneel's power as a secret plan for dealing with Zeref's immortality(on mobile, but it's chapter 451). Debating Natsu's perspective isn't gonna get us very far. He fully believed that he could erase Zeref with his DF's power before his Demolition Fist landed. Zeref letting the hit land doesn't discredit its power, 'cause again, we saw the same happen with IgNatsu's semi-final attack with massively different results.

I can see how its confusing, so let me rephrase it. Zeref knew that DF Natsu couldn't kill him, but enjoyed fighting the latter regardless. This is why he was so confident and continued to fight back.

DF Natsu not getting praised ultimately doesn't mean much. Zeref took note of a mysterious power emanating from a tattoo that Natsu had when he was still hopeful of Natsu's ability to kill him and after he had seen the latter for the first time in a year. It being 'power from the dead' is what gave him hope that Natsu could kill him and when it ran out, he lost that hope entirely and resolved to just turn back time. DF Natsu's power wouldn't have mattered, 'cause it's not higher than Acno's who also couldn't kill him, so there's no point in praising it.

1. Jet is fodder
  2. Erza would need to be ridiculously faster than Jellal in meteor in order to blitz someone who can blitz him
Yes I think it would do a huge amount of damage. There is a huge difference in power between Base Natsu's flames and DF Natsu's flames. Base Natsu was incapable of burning Aldoron's attacks, while DF Natsu easily did so. Erza switching to Flame Empress would take away any advantage she would have in her other 'speedy' armour (not that it would be enough imo), and if Laxus could easily destroy Erza's lightning empress armour with a no-named lightning punch, then there's no way in hell that DF Natsu's gonna be stumped against her flame-empress armour
Or Ko him like Ultear did. His magic wasn't working properly but his curse was still active and he could still be KOed. If DF was stronger than him, he could just take him out like he's done most of the other villains in the series.

Again it was developed originally for Acnologia. His priorities switched with the invasion of Alvarez and he knew that Zeref was the leader so that became his target. He even debated on using it against Brandish and Ajeel when he felt their magic power, so it wasn't created specifically for Zeref. And there's nothing about what Natsu says about the power that implies that he thought it could hax away immortality. Igneel was the second strongest dragon in the series at the time so he probably thought that releasing the power would give him a shot against Acnologia. Then Alvarez came and he thought maybe it could erase Zeref. The massively different results are a function of Zerefs intention. Zeref believed Igneel's flames could kill him so he didn't resist. But Zeref against Natsu purposefully dropped his magic guard to show off his time powers. It's like the difference between a knight not putting up their shield, and taking off all their armor.

Or DF Natsu just isn't stronger than him so the form wouldn't help him win the fight. As evident by Zeref's statements, and his ability to keep him at bay with just a glare. Not a single time did he imply he was going to abuse his immortality. Maybe I should make an Igneel Flame Natsu vs DF Natsu thread (alvarez version). Would be pretty funny to see how useless a power that took 10 months of training was when he could just pull out a form significantly stronger than Igneel's flames at any time....

Yet Zeref was shook at the savage flames which didn't kill him either. I could list the other times after their first fight that Zeref praised various magics power but I'll refrain to keep the discussion focused. Narratively it doesn't really make much sense to hype up the heat and the magic power of a one time use ability that took 10 months to unleash and came from the second strongest dragon in the series, just for it to be significantly weaker than an ability Natsu already had.

1. Irrelevant. Your argument of speed being the gimmick therefore it can't be surpassed doesn't make sense since Jellal isn't the only speedy character.
2. Nope. Luckily we have in series statements describing his increase in stats. 2-3x his base speed is what blitzed Jellal. Erza would need less than that since her base is already faster.

You see a few weeks ago I would have agreed that the difference in fire was massive, but now I've noticed that the 2-3x boost seems pretty consistent in terms of the gap between base and DF Natsu. Here's base Natsu trying to block Zero's spell.
He has to use his iron fist and it take everything he has. He gets a 2-3x power boost and this happens
He casually swipes it away. Erza's armor no sold the heat from Natsu's purgatory attack so I don't think the random flames would burn her. And Natsu isn't Laxus and the flame empress armor isn't the flame empress armor. Flame empress was shown to tank higher heat than what his "burning the earth" fire would be. He'd have to do an actual attack to cause significant damage to Erza and she can intercept him. Also you do realize that Erza can swap armors instantly during battle right? She doesn't swap to one thing and is stuck there. She also has moves that can momentarily raise her speed. If she could momentarily blitz Laxus (who's also a character that has had emphasis on speed btw) why wouldn't she be able to do it to Jellal or Natsu?

Dude you are missing the point he's making.

The point is simply that Igneel's residue is special fire that is capable of killing the immortal Zeref. This is the special power that Natsu was saving up, yeah he knew it could do the job.

Either way, I don't understand the point of this comparison to DF Natsu.
Functionally, the Igneel flames also would've likely just achieved the same as DF Natsu did - vap Zeref's body. Only difference here being, Zeref's immortality being bypassed.
This isn't a power thing, more of matchup thing. Even Acno cannot kill Zeref, but can only keep vap'ing his body.

Ultimately, when we look at DF Natsu's standalone feat. He completely vap'd the body of FH Zeref. Let's say Zeref "allowed" it to happen. So what?
The fact still remains that DF Natsu had enough power to vape the entire body of FH Zeref.
While the (next) strongest FT mage Gildarts, only managed to give August a bloody lip with his strongest attack (that bypassed immunity)

What you mean Jellal's speed ain't special? DF Natsu is the only "good guy" who is faster than meteor Jellal. Look at how his speed has been portrayed consistently throughout the series.
-Took down base Natsu without getting tagged even once.
-Blitzed Jura in GMG, the same Jura who was fast enough to blitz Ogra and was at least as fast as Laxus in the same arc.
-Blitzed Cobra who can mindread, blitzed Racer who has speed magic in Tartarus.
-Blitzed dragon Acno in Alverez, though this could be partly due to Acno jobbing

So yeah, being faster than meteor Jellal means a lot, cause that automatically puts DF Natsu's speed far above every other good guy.
And mind you, this was with a much weaker version of DF than what Natsu is currently capable of.

You can even just see Tartarus to know how much of a boost DF is to his speed. Etherious Mard was so fast that Natsu and buffed Gray together had a hard time even landing hits on him, with Gray being frustrated about being unable to land a single hit.
Once Natsu pulled out DF, he was able to repeatedly land hits on etherious Mard, he got the sole attention of Mard with his speed that allowed Gray to land his attack on Mard.

Let's analyze this page.

Why would he say that? Cause he noticed that he did nothing to Aldoron, zero damage.

This sequence shows that Aldo was preparing an attack to deal with the enemies standing on his body.
How is he supposed to do that when he is "sleeping" like you said he was?

At best, it managed to give dragon Aldo a slight discomfort while not dealing any real damage itself.

Also, you do realize that the panel you posted was BEFORE Gajeel vs Aldo concluded right?
Read the page.
Aldo: "is something happening outside?"
The context is because there is some "earthquake" caused by Gajeel punching dragon Aldo.

If what Gajeel did to dragon Aldo would've nerfed human Aldo, Mashima would've said it, as he did when the God seeds were going down.

What kind of mental gymnastics is this?
That swirly thing you posted after Doom went down, doesn't REMOTELY look similar to the "pillar" that came when Natsu blew a hole through human Aldo. It also didn't cause any destruction (the FT fodders were right in that area and took no damage), nor did it blow a hole through dragon Aldoron.

Just see the same pages you posted.

Why is the "central pillar" looking VASTLY DIFFERENT from the rest?
Why did that "central pillar" appear in the same time Natsu attacked human Aldo, while OTHERS DIDN'T?
Why would only this pillar appear while human Aldo was alive but dying, while the swirly thing appeared AFTER doom died?

Man, you guys would pretend like Erza would still be stronger than DF Natsu after Natsu 1v1 Ignia. SMH

There's a difference between an attack that Bypasses immunity and an attack against someone with their defense dropped. Gildart's attack bypassed August's magic copying, so he had to rely on his own magic defense to defend against the attack. Zeref dropped the magic defense altogether.

-Took down base Natsu without getting tagged even once. Not Special at all.
-Blitzed Jura in GMG, the same Jura who was fast enough to blitz Ogra and was at least as fast as Laxus in the same arc. Laxus' blitzed Hades in the arc prior and has a track record of being an insanely fast character all throughout the series yet Erza can still momentarily outspeed him with certain attacks.
-Blitzed Cobra who can mindread, blitzed Racer who has speed magic in Tartarus. Not special for the same reason outspeeding jet isn't.
-Blitzed dragon Acno in Alverez, though this could be partly due to Acno jobbing Acno was jobbing like you said.

The threshold for blitzing TOH Jellal is 2-3x base Natsu speed. Doesn't really seem insurmountable. And there's nothing that says the boost he gets from DF changed. The common "more scales" argument you guys like to use falls apart when you realize that Natsu's DF right now has the same amount of scales as in OS arc and less than tartaros.

Gajeel's goal in becoming Gigantic was to defeat Aldoron. He wasn't able to do that before his time limit ran up. But his attacks did have an effect as noted by brandish. The forest of swords is an attack that is controlled by the God seed not the big dragon, so it didn't matter if the dragon was asleep as the God seed could activate the skill anyway. And here's the officials since your quotes seem to be a bit off.

Yeah it was before it concluded. Because like I said every hit was affecting Aldoron. And lol at it being an earthquake affecting the god seed. Natsu was perfectly fine and was able to connect his attack yet an "earthquake" made Aldoron unable to defend or dodge? The big dragon was taking damage and that was affecting the god seed directly connected to it. That's why Aldoron was stopped in his tracks while Natsu was completely fine.

"If what Gajeel did to dragon Aldo would've nerfed human Aldo, Mashima would've said it, as he did when the God seeds were going down."
So lets list the things Mashima did to tell us about the effect of Gajeel's attacks on Aldoron. Aldoron was completely confident that none of Natsu's attacks would connect and as soon as Gajeel began attack big Aldoron, the god seed was unable to defend and Natsu's attack connected. He showed Big Aldoron visibly quieting down from it's earlier rampage and has a character highlight that as the result of Gajeels attacks. And finally, he has Aldoron get serious and use the forest of thorns attack after Gajeel starts his assault. Doesn't really sound like a step you would take if it was doing "nothing".

Well yeah it looks different. Doom controlled way less magic then god seed Aldoron and he was above the city when he died while Aldoron was below the city.

Why is the "central pillar" looking VASTLY DIFFERENT from the rest? Because that's where the god seed was and most of Aldoron's magic power was concentrated onto him at the time. The rest was just the residual magic bursting out.
Why did that "central pillar" appear in the same time Natsu attacked human Aldo, while OTHERS DIDN'T? Because that was the magic directly controlled by the god seed that was being let loose. The rest of the pillars came out when the god seed was erased because there was no brain to manage it.
Why would only this pillar appear while human Aldo was alive but dying, while the swirly thing appeared AFTER doom died? Not enough pages on the chapter doom died. But it was the first thing shown on the next chapter. Aldoron is connected to all the other god seeds and knows immediately when one falls. The swirly magic was meant to be occuring during doom's death which is why it's shown before Aldoron's reaction to Doom being defeated.

Man, you guys would pretend like Erza would still be stronger than DF Natsu after Natsu 1v1 Ignia. SMH If the author said it then yeah. If you look back to the thread for when this chapter first released in like 2020, I was of the opinion that it was a flame pillar, that df natsu was millions of times stronger than base Natsu, and that he'd solo the guild in that form. Since then I've looked over things more and new information has come out that made me change my opinion. I saw Suzaku scale higher than the version of Aldoron that Natsu defeated, then I saw Mashima introduce 3 other mages that were just as strong as Suzaku. Then I hear Mashima (the author in case you forgot) say things like "The power balance hasn't changed from before" "Irene is still one of the strongest characters in the series" "Erza is still stronger than Natsu" "Gray is just as strong as Natsu". Then I see Laxus and Erza KO Suzaku's peers. Then I see a statement of Irene's power being way higher than Wendy's even after she KOed Haku. I'm not gonna ignore all that to say that Natsu's attacks against Zeref and Aldoron in DF are the be all end all of power amongst the human mages. If enough new information comes out that says things have changed then I'll revise my opinion again. But for now, the latest and most prevalent information (especially the WOG) tells us that characters like Laxus and Erza are stronger than Natsu.

Shoutmon

Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
Or Ko him like Ultear did. His magic wasn't working properly but his curse was still active and he could still be KOed. If DF was stronger than him, he could just take him out like he's done most of the other villains in the series.

Again it was developed originally for Acnologia. His priorities switched with the invasion of Alvarez and he knew that Zeref was the leader so that became his target. He even debated on using it against Brandish and Ajeel when he felt their magic power, so it wasn't created specifically for Zeref. And there's nothing about what Natsu says about the power that implies that he thought it could hax away immortality. Igneel was the second strongest dragon in the series at the time so he probably thought that releasing the power would give him a shot against Acnologia. Then Alvarez came and he thought maybe it could erase Zeref. The massively different results are a function of Zerefs intention. Zeref believed Igneel's flames could kill him so he didn't resist. But Zeref against Natsu purposefully dropped his magic guard to show off his time powers. It's like the difference between a knight not putting up their shield, and taking off all their armor.

Or DF Natsu just isn't stronger than him so the form wouldn't help him win the fight. As evident by Zeref's statements, and his ability to keep him at bay with just a glare. Not a single time did he imply he was going to abuse his immortality. Maybe I should make an Igneel Flame Natsu vs DF Natsu thread (alvarez version). Would be pretty funny to see how useless a power that took 10 months of training was when he could just pull out a form significantly stronger than Igneel's flames at any time....

Yet Zeref was shook at the savage flames which didn't kill him either. I could list the other times after their first fight that Zeref praised various magics power but I'll refrain to keep the discussion focused. Narratively it doesn't really make much sense to hype up the heat and the magic power of a one time use ability that took 10 months to unleash and came from the second strongest dragon in the series, just for it to be significantly weaker than an ability Natsu already had.

1. Irrelevant. Your argument of speed being the gimmick therefore it can't be surpassed doesn't make sense since Jellal isn't the only speedy character.
2. Nope. Luckily we have in series statements describing his increase in stats. 2-3x his base speed is what blitzed Jellal. Erza would need less than that since her base is already faster.

You see a few weeks ago I would have agreed that the difference in fire was massive, but now I've noticed that the 2-3x boost seems pretty consistent in terms of the gap between base and DF Natsu. Here's base Natsu trying to block Zero's spell.
He has to use his iron fist and it take everything he has. He gets a 2-3x power boost and this happens
He casually swipes it away. Erza's armor no sold the heat from Natsu's purgatory attack so I don't think the random flames would burn her. And Natsu isn't Laxus and the flame empress armor isn't the flame empress armor. Flame empress was shown to tank higher heat than what his "burning the earth" fire would be. He'd have to do an actual attack to cause significant damage to Erza and she can intercept him. Also you do realize that Erza can swap armors instantly during battle right? She doesn't swap to one thing and is stuck there. She also has moves that can momentarily raise her speed. If she could momentarily blitz Laxus (who's also a character that has had emphasis on speed btw) why wouldn't she be able to do it to Jellal or Natsu?
Yes, Dragon Natsu would be able to prevent Zeref from taking Fairy Heart from Mavis by incapacitating him. DF Natsu could blast him to pieces and then collapse shortly afterwards(while Zeref's regeneration kicks in), because at the time combining FDK and DF was too exhaustive for him, but DF Natsu with his base ds would have probably fought on a similar (possibly a bit lower) level with him I'd imagine.

Go re-read that chapter (443). He grabs his arm while it's trembling with a GRNN sound-effect. It seems way more likely that the power was acting up in response to their massive MP and that he was just keeping it under control, rather than Natsu instantly considering the possibility to use his secret weapon on these mages he just met.

Both scenarios are the same. He didn't resist against IgNatsu, and he didn't resist against DF Natsu. There's no evidence that he purposefully "drained" his guard against DF Natsu.

Igneel's power took 10 months of training to master. From how it looks, it was probably similar to the Gray/Silver situation. He inherited that power and the fdk flames, spent the 10 months to get stronger and master the flames, then after completing his training, still had the power (unlike Gray who used it straight away against the demons). He obviously knew that they were special in nature, because he got it after Igneel had died, and probably figured that it could work on Zeref.

Savage flames was actively burning FH out of Zeref and in that regards, fully surpassed DF Natsu, so Zeref would naturally react to it, 'cause it was working against him.

Jet is a fodder. Surpassing him in speed is not a huge feat (even if he has speed magic), Jellal is actually a top tier among good guys who uses a huge speed amp.

I think you're putting in way too much stock in that 2-3x statement from a Natsu with a less-developed DF. No matter how you look at it, if DF Natsu can blitz Meteor Jellal, and Erza can blitz DF Natsu, that makes Erza way faster than Meteor Jellal. She would be able to casually dance around him and blitz-stomp him while he's using a magic that hugely amps his speed. Do you really think the narrative implies this to be the case?

Even if his DF boost is still 2-3x, why does that mean that Erza is more than 2-3x Base Natsu? Why couldn't she just be like 1.5x his base or something, if such a small boost results in such a huge change?

Those 2 armors have a similar name and serve a similar function. No reason to believe that their performance is massively different. Portrayal doesn't put DF Natsu at < Base Laxus' nameless punch, nor does it paint Erza as absurdly fast as to be able to blitz someone who could already blitz one of the fastest good guys

Last edited:

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
That the problem u don’t think an author can contracted/change his mind once the statement has been said u would still use this statement and ignore new updated feats. when natsu finally fights ignia 1v1 u would still believe erza would perform better lol

Last edited:

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
That the problem u don’t think an author can contracted/change his mind once the statement has been said u would still use this statement and ignore new updated feats. when natsu finally fights ignia 1v1 u would still believe erza would perform better lol
If Natsu beat or tie Ignia in a 1vs1 battle, without nerfing Ignia (100%) and without external help for Natsu, I will claim Natsu as Acnologia's level, which is, still for me, the strongest in the verse. So, wait and see.

Jintohaku

Reaction score
Country
United States
Mashima's statements about Erza still being stronger and Gray being as strong came after Natsu's fight with Aldoron though. And the newest feats show that Erza can beat someone stronger than the version of Aldoron that Natsu beat.

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Lol bro you realize the people you're trying to debate with think that laxus has been the one playing catch up to Erza. Same people tried to convince me Misaki>kirin.

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
If Natsu beat or tie Ignia in a 1vs1 battle, without nerfing Ignia (100%) and without external help for Natsu, I will claim Natsu as Acnologia's level, which is, still for me, the strongest in the verse. So, wait and see.

That’s fair and I can agree with that but can u answer my question do u think erza can beat a nerf aldron?

Mashima's statements about Erza still being stronger and Gray being as strong came after Natsu's fight with Aldoron though. And the newest feats show that Erza can beat someone stronger than the version of Aldoron that Natsu beat.
so u really think that gray and erza can be a nerf aldron?

Lol bro you realize the people you're trying to debate with think that laxus has been the one playing catch up to Erza. Same people tried to convince me Misaki>kirin.
lol which is weird to me but aye every1 has their own opinion

Last edited:

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
That’s fair and I can agree with that but can u answer my question do u think erza can beat a nerf aldron?
I do think Erza / Laxus can.

FireIce

Reaction score
Country
France
Bro what? Did you just basically said that Erza > Aldoron? LMFAO

Jintohaku

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, Dragon Natsu would be able to prevent Zeref from taking Fairy Heart from Mavis by incapacitating him. DF Natsu could blast him to pieces and then collapse shortly afterwards(while Zeref's regeneration kicks in), because at the time combining FDK and DF was too exhaustive for him, but DF Natsu with his base ds would have probably fought on a similar (possibly a bit lower) level with him I'd imagine.

Go re-read that chapter (443). He grabs his arm while it's trembling with a GRNN sound-effect. It seems way more likely that the power was acting up in response to their massive MP and that he was just keeping it under control, rather than Natsu instantly considering the possibility to use his secret weapon on these mages he just met.

Both scenarios are the same. He didn't resist against IgNatsu, and he didn't resist against DF Natsu. There's no evidence that he purposefully "drained" his guard against DF Natsu.

Igneel's power took 10 months of training to master. From how it looks, it was probably similar to the Gray/Silver situation. He inherited that power and the fdk flames, spent the 10 months to get stronger and master the flames, then after completing his training, still had the power (unlike Gray who used it straight away against the demons). He obviously knew that they were special in nature, because he got it after Igneel had died, and probably figured that it could work on Zeref.

Savage flames was actively burning FH out of Zeref and in that regards, fully surpassed DF Natsu, so Zeref would naturally react to it, 'cause it was working against him.

Jet is a fodder. Surpassing him in speed is not a huge feat (even if he has speed magic), Jellal is actually a top tier among good guys who uses a huge speed amp.

I think you're putting in way too much stock in that 2-3x statement from a Natsu with a less-developed DF. No matter how you look at it, if DF Natsu can blitz Meteor Jellal, and Erza can blitz DF Natsu, that makes Erza way faster than Meteor Jellal. She would be able to casually dance around him and blitz-stomp him while he's using a magic that hugely amps his speed. Do you really think the narrative implies this to be the case?

Even if his DF boost is still 2-3x, why does that mean that Erza is more than 2-3x Base Natsu? Why couldn't she just be like 1.5x his base or something, if such a small boost results in such a huge change?

Those 2 armors have a similar name and serve a similar function. No reason to believe that their performance is massively different. Portrayal doesn't put DF Natsu at < Base Laxus' nameless punch, nor does it paint Erza as absurdly fast as to be able to blitz someone who could already blitz one of the fastest good guys
This is where we disagree. I don't think the attack would have the same effect on against an on guard Zeref.

Not really. Natsu hadn't even planned on using it against Zeref but imminent threats have shown that he can change his priorities. The purpose of having Natsu consider using it there was to highlight just how much power the new enemies had. There's nothing that implies the mark was "acting up" and the sound effect and the trembling is just him gripping too hard. When he comes against Ajeel he's not as shook so he doesn't grab that hard. There's no trembling or sound effect there.

We've seen one of his subordinates take a demolition fist while Natsu was in FDKM. It doesn't come anywhere near vaporizing his body. Jacob was in better condition and less burned than bluenote was after taking that roar despite FDKM being way hotter. August and Irene are way stronger than the other spriggans and Zeref was stronger. He was also in his FH state that should at the very least be somewhat above his base state in stats (but probably not by much). Yet DF ,which the only canonical statement we have for its boost is 2-3x, completely blows past all that and is enough to vape Zeref? Makes no sense when we saw base Zeref tank the same attack from a stronger version of Natsu.

No. It took Natsu ten months to be able to release it. The power is a one time use that doesn't regenerate after activated. He can't train with the flames.

Dragon force also has the ability to burn magic and he even showcased it by burning away one of Zeref's spells when he transformed. But Zeref still wasn't worried about it since his full power was above what DF could burn away at the time.

Jellal is actually a top tier among good guys who uses a huge speed amp. So does Laxus with his lightning travel. That doesn't stop Erza from being able to momentarily blitz him.

The development of Natsu DF hasn't really gotten better. He's actually regressed since tartaros in terms of scale development. Doesn't really imply that Jellal'd be blitz stomped since he can also increase the speed of his meteor.

Even if his DF boost is still 2-3x, why does that mean that Erza is more than 2-3x Base Natsu? Because Mashima said that Erza was stronger than Natsu.

I'm just stating what I've seen. Lighting Empress can't tank base Laxus lightning anymore (though it used to be able to) while Flame empress can no sell heat from FDK natsu's hottest attack. And if Erza while not using an armor that increases her speed can momentarily blitz Laxus. Why would she not be able to do the same to Natsu while using an armor that increases speed?

Bro what? Did you just basically said that Erza > Aldoron? LMFAO
Nerfed Aldoron Yeah.
These pages imply that the power Selene was using was greater than the power Nerfed Aldoron and Mercphobia were capable of. Suzaku is on the losing end in their exchange, but he still holds up better than Base Natsu did against Aldoron initially so he was somewhat relative to the power Selene was using at the time.
DDSK stated to be as strong as Suzaku. And here Erza beats one of them
If there's other information that puts Nerfed Aldoron above DDSK level feel free to tell me.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Dudes still on Gray is Natsu level SMH

How Mashima writes, and what he says in interviews is completely different.
IMHO that is Mashima trying to not piss of fans of other characters, especially Gray who has been treated like complete dogshit in the manga.

Reality is Natsu getting God tier feats in his DF that are upstaged only by Acno tiers, while Gray is ??........DF Natsu probably sneeze diff Gray the way he sneeze diff'd the coal miner guild.

There is a reason why Mashima didn't even have Natsu pull out FDKM against Gajeel, let alone DF. Cause that's above Gajeel's paygrade.
Natsu high-extreme diff'd Gajeel while only using LFD.

Natsu's "rivals" can't compete with him. Suzaku is more of a rival to Natsu now than Gray or Gajeel, going by the last arc. At the very least he is stronger than FDKM Natsu even with the scales. Tho DF Natsu claps him too.

Jintohaku

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dudes still on Gray is Natsu level SMH

How Mashima writes, and what he says in interviews is completely different.
IMHO that is Mashima trying to not piss of fans of other characters, especially Gray who has been treated like complete dogshit in the manga.

Reality is Natsu getting God tier feats in his DF that are upstaged only by Acno tiers, while Gray is ??........DF Natsu probably sneeze diff Gray the way he sneeze diff'd the coal miner guild.

There is a reason why Mashima didn't even have Natsu pull out FDKM against Gajeel, let alone DF. Cause that's above Gajeel's paygrade.
Natsu high-extreme diff'd Gajeel while only using LFD.

Natsu's "rivals" can't compete with him. Suzaku is more of a rival to Natsu now than Gray or Gajeel, going by the last arc. At the very least he is stronger than FDKM Natsu even with the scales. Tho DF Natsu claps him too.
Your honest opinion doesn't hold more weight than direct statements made by the author. Plus Mashima was genuinely surprised when he heard people think Gray is much weaker than Natsu.

What does Gajeel have to do with this? Was there a statement recently that said Gajeel was supposed to be as strong as Natsu? From what I remember in the original series, the first time they fought Natsu was low on magic power. The moment Natsu regained his power he handily beat Gajeel. The dude's been relative but not really as strong and he himself admits that he's been behind in Alvarez. Him taking Natsu to practically a draw on top of Aldoron is a huge step up from previously. Plus we don't know how much stronger FDK is supposed to be than LFD. He has way better feats with FDK during Alvarez but he didn't use LFD at all then. The only thing we really have to compare to is his prets feats and that doesn't say much since Natsu's base got way stronger from then so any moded attacks would eclipse pre ts moded attacks. It's a shame most of the fight was offscreened as I wanted to see how his LFD attacks looked after all this time (though I bet with the track record of 100YQ the scale of the attacks wouldn't be anything impressive).