Need a little help in photoshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

La_Muerte

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2005
Messages
343
Reaction score
2
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Dominican Republic
ok people this might be a stupid question but i cant do this so i need somebodys help.

i have photoshop 9 and im trying to make one of those ipod silhouettes pics, im doing it by a tutorial, but the tutorial im following is based on a mac and i have a regular pc, now the question is that it says Command-Click a layer and im hitting alt instead of command but its not working for me, it used to work b4 i upgraded to photoshop 9, it might be just that im hitting the wrong key. can anybody help me find the right key.




if this doesnt belong here please move it
 

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,129
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
La_Muerte said:
ok people this might be a stupid question but i cant do this so i need somebodys help.

i have photoshop 9 and im trying to make one of those ipod silhouettes pics, im doing it by a tutorial, but the tutorial im following is based on a mac and i have a regular pc, now the question is that it says Command-Click a layer and im hitting alt instead of command but its not working for me, it used to work b4 i upgraded to photoshop 9, it might be just that im hitting the wrong key. can anybody help me find the right key.




if this doesnt belong here please move it
hmm you could try ctrl instead?
 

La_Muerte

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2005
Messages
343
Reaction score
2
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Dominican Republic
njt said:
hmm you could try ctrl instead?
i did that, it doesnt work and it would be stupid of me to uninstall ps 9 to put 8 just to do that little bit[br]Posted on: July 15, 2006, 10:45:23 PM_________________________________________________ok i cant get it to work, so im gonna ask if anybody knows a good tutorial about this ipod silhouette thing to do on photoshop, like the ipod commercials
 

kyubisharingan

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2006
Messages
2,647
Reaction score
103
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
Jamaica
I dunno i just wanna know where to find that tutorial u have. I also wanted to do the silhouettes
 

La_Muerte

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2005
Messages
343
Reaction score
2
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Dominican Republic
http://www.macmerc.com/sections.php?op=printpage&artid=260

heres the one ive been using i did one and its pretty good, the only thing i have had problems with is doing the ipod strings but this is a good tutorial cause i did a good one when i had ps8 but now that i have ps9 i dont know whats wrong with it, but yeah use this one, its kinda complicated in the beginning but ull learn
 

immelmann

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
58
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
id just try doing all the buttons you would think it could be. or you could tell us the action you were trying ti perform by command clicking. i know if you select something with the marquee tool then alt-click it will select the shape area.
 

La_Muerte

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2005
Messages
343
Reaction score
2
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Dominican Republic
immelmann said:
id just try doing all the buttons you would think it could be. or you could tell us the action you were trying ti perform by command clicking. i know if you select something with the marquee tool then alt-click it will select the shape area.
yeah im gonna do that now cause i dont want all the work i did up to the point where i stopped to be go to waste

btw heres the older one i did on ps8 with the macmerc tutorial, i sucked with the pen tool so i couldnt do the strings right but i liked that it showed a little bit of my face

 

immelmann

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
58
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
the pen tool is one that saves your life sometimes, but it can also stab you over and over again. makin french curves with the pen is why i love it so much. did the tut ask you to mask yourself off? or did you select the person then put a low octipacy black layer of yourself? seems theres numerous ways to creates a ipod silloute. hardest part does seem to make the string appear to be effected by gravity which would be difficult.
 

La_Muerte

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2005
Messages
343
Reaction score
2
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Dominican Republic
immelmann said:
the pen tool is one that saves your life sometimes, but it can also stab you over and over again. makin french curves with the pen is why i love it so much. did the tut ask you to mask yourself off? or did you select the person then put a low octipacy black layer of yourself? seems theres numerous ways to creates a ipod silloute. hardest part does seem to make the string appear to be effected by gravity which would be difficult.
ive tried learning how to use the pen tool cause i know its very useful but i cant find a way, as for the tut its really hard to explain wat its asking me to do unless u do the whole tutorial and already know wat u did if u hit the link i stopped at the part after Cleanup and Edge Touchup
 

elementc

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 15, 2005
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Back when I was using Photoshop CS all of my tool shortcuts were erased for some reason. Since there was no way to reset it that I could find (without using a shortcut that had ALSO been deleted) I ended up installing the newer version. Reinstalling Photoshop CS2 could fix your problem.

(I'd also recommend getting a better portable music device.) Hahahahahahahahaha!! :D :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top