Seinen - Nejimaki Kagyu by NAKAYAMA Atsushi | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Nejimaki Kagyu by NAKAYAMA Atsushi

Ecchi Boy

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Nejimaki Kagyu
Genre: Action
By: Nakayama Atsushi
Serialized In: Weekly Young Jump
Publisher: Shueisha

Negizawa Kamo once tearfully promised his weak childhood friend Kagyu Jubei that he would grow up to be a teacher who would not stand for bullying. Several years later, as a teacher, he meets Kagyu once more under...strange circumstances to say the least.
While Negizawa was training to become a great teacher, Kagyu (who, like most women, fell for Negizawa) polished her fists so that she could protect him when they met again.
Hilarity ensues as Negizawa strives to become the teacher he once dreamed of being and Kagyu protects his chastity from the numerous women who lust after his sweet behind.

I had to buy volume 1 of the manga to read it and its so cool.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hm. Well, if you're willing to give me raws, I could try to translate it. I love Nakayama, and am always willing to at least give his works a shot. :)

Ecchi Boy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hm. Well, if you're willing to give me raws, I could try to translate it. I love Nakayama, and am always willing to at least give his works a shot. :)
I don't know where to find the raws I just have the first volume.

PotatoBaron

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm willing to provide raws if anyone's interested in Editing

Ecchi Boy

Reaction score
Country
United States
talk to Bomber D Rufi

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm willing to provide raws if anyone's interested in Editing
I may be interested in translating, but I'd have to see the raws. I'm not that great at seinen manga, but I'll give it a shot.

Ecchi Boy

Reaction score
Country
United States
I may be interested in translating, but I'd have to see the raws. I'm not that great at seinen manga, but I'll give it a shot.
I know you can do it your a great translator.

---------- Post added February 28, 2012 at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was February 09, 2012 at 11:53 PM ----------

Seems the 4th volume will be released this month on the 19

MattC302

Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I just started this series. I love the art style. It's pretty unique. It's also funny so far. And I think there is some battle manga potential. I mean, Kagyu's martial arts style is like a mix between Ripple and Spin, so it would be a waste not to have some cool fights, right?

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Re: [Featured] Nejimaki Kagyu by NAKAYAMA Atsushi

Finally this manga has been regularly scanlated. I didn't know what to expect when I started, and from what I've been reading so far, it has been a pleasant surprise. I agree the art style is distinguishable, especially when Kagyu's rivals turn into "evils" but maybe that's should be expected since this manga is serialized in Seinen magazine, after all. I'm wondering what kind of plot development we would see in the future, hopefully this love rival things eventually will lead into deeper plot.

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

Finally this manga has been regularly scanlated. I didn't know what to expect when I started, and from what I've been reading so far, it has been a pleasant surprise. I agree the art style is distinguishable, especially when Kagyu's rivals turn into "evils" but maybe that's should be expected since this manga is serialized in Seinen magazine, after all. I'm wondering what kind of plot development we would see in the future, hopefully this love rival things eventually will lead into deeper plot.
I just started this series. I love the art style. It's pretty unique. It's also funny so far. And I think there is some battle manga potential. I mean, Kagyu's martial arts style is like a mix between Ripple and Spin, so it would be a waste not to have some cool fights, right?
I think the two of you will be pleased by future developments then. ^^ I've got up to volume 8 raw and I'm planning on translating a whole lot more during November and December. The arc I am translating is -so far the longest arc of the series and has some pretty awesome fights and twists and turns. Not to mention Kagyu and Kamo get quite a bit of development during the arc. I think the harem part sort of is ditched eventually (save for two characters that the scantlation hasn't reached yet), and it becomes more of a 'will they make it or won't they?' type story. Though the current arc in the mag has more characters invovled than I thought, so it seems Nakayama has some sort of grand scheme cooking..

Seriously the reason why I even got into this was the art. I read (and translated some of) Nakayama's other work in Shounen Sunday....Traumeister, and maybe once I get a bit of free time I'll finish translating it. The guy oozes style and dynamic. I'd go as far as saying that he has one of the most unique art style's in the industry...it can go from ultra cute to disturbing in a panel, and I love that Nakayama can do that to even his prettiest characters.

But yes. Stay tuned. Nejimaki becomes even more awesome as time goes by and I'm happy people are reading it. :) Support the effort by giving the scantlators a hand, as they'd like to release faster but lack the staff to do so.

MattC302

Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

I found this cool cover of Young Jump SEED that features Nejimaki Kagyu on it:

http://youngjump.jp/info/yj_seed/

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

I found this cool cover of Young Jump SEED that features Nejimaki Kagyu on it:

http://youngjump.jp/info/yj_seed/
Yeah. There's another color page with Kagyuu and her sis as kids. You can check it out here. It seems to be a 'Nejimaki Kagyuu' chapter zero, so I assume it'll take place before the series began. Either way I hope it'll be included in a tank sometime since I can't see myself buying that mag for just that chapter.

Post 1,600! Now if only posts in the forum were indicative of translations posted.

---------- Post added November 26, 2013 at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was October 29, 2013 at 05:07 PM ----------

Yup, that's Kagyuu.

She seems to only get cuter as the manga continues....and more powerful too. Maaaan if only this weren't a seinen, I'd probably be caught up. U_U

Last edited:

MattC302

Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

I'm actually getting kind of bored. Does it get more plot-centric later? This "evil student council" thing seems overused and isn't keeping my attention very well.

I new Shino would turn out to be a bad guy. Too bad, I kind of liked the beginning of the chapter where she helped Kamo remember the kind of teacher he wanted to become.

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

I'm actually getting kind of bored. Does it get more plot-centric later? This "evil student council" thing seems overused and isn't keeping my attention very well.

I new Shino would turn out to be a bad guy. Too bad, I kind of liked the beginning of the chapter where she helped Kamo remember the kind of teacher he wanted to become.
It sort of does get more plotty later. In fact the arc right after this one leads into the current one. Plus the arc that the scantlations are going through now has some pretty nice fights/development. I could give you a run down of what happens but...I dunno if you'd want me to do that. It just sucks cause Nejimaki is one of those series that's better read in volumes or batches, but the scantlators tell me they can't go any faster. If push comes to shove I know a place to get chinese scans and you can do the old-fashioned thing of 'reading' them with my translations but yeah....I'd say hang in there till about at least volume 4. That's really when the plot centric stuff takes off, and the series sheds the quasi harem thing.

MattC302

Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

It sort of does get more plotty later. In fact the arc right after this one leads into the current one. Plus the arc that the scantlations are going through now has some pretty nice fights/development. I could give you a run down of what happens but...I dunno if you'd want me to do that. It just sucks cause Nejimaki is one of those series that's better read in volumes or batches, but the scantlators tell me they can't go any faster. If push comes to shove I know a place to get chinese scans and you can do the old-fashioned thing of 'reading' them with my translations but yeah....I'd say hang in there till about at least volume 4. That's really when the plot centric stuff takes off, and the series sheds the quasi harem thing.
LOL It's funny you use the word "plotty". I was debating whether to use that word in my post, but decided to go with "plot-centric" instead because I was afraid nobody would understand what I meant heheh.

Nah, I'll just wait and read as it comes out. I just wanted to know what I was in store for. Now that I know the story will eventually come together, I'll just be patient. Thanks.

Kaizou 10

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Nakamura Atsushi (author of this series) draw the special picture of Tokyo Ghoul (also series from Young Jump).

MattC302

Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

Chapter 12 felt really short, but somehow it caught my interest a little bit. I feel like something is about to go down. Kagyuu is probably going to run the gauntlet of the morals committee soon.

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

Chapter 12 felt really short, but somehow it caught my interest a little bit. I feel like something is about to go down. Kagyuu is probably going to run the gauntlet of the morals committee soon.
Yeah, I feel like the arc really picks up starting from here. I only wish the Edited Mangas would pick up....

Kaizou 10

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Yeah, I feel like the arc really picks up starting from here. I only wish the Edited Mangas would pick up....
Rather than Edited Mangas, I wish for its anime-adaptation.

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

Rather than Edited Mangas, I wish for its anime-adaptation.
Agreed 100%. Though I guess if it hasn't gotten one by now --with nearly three years of serialization, that it probably won't. I mean hell, it hasn't even gotten a VOMIC. Nejimaki's popularty really confuses me. It gets color pages quite often (and no not just when a new volume is out.), It gets side chapters in other magazines, it releases volumes several months consecutively, and people's opinion of it seems to be pretty decent at least. (Going by Japanese blogs and Amazon reviews.), yet I've never once seen it on an oricon chart, it's not one of WYJ's flagships, and it doesn't generate much buzz other than getting on the 'Kono manga wa sugoi' list once. So is it popular? Or unpopular? Shueisha doesn't seem like the sorta company to let something just exist like Shogakukan seems to, so there's gotta be a reason why it hasn't been cancelled desipte seemingly not selling well, as well as not getting much promotion despite it running for nearly three years. Gokoku no something-something is getting an anime and it hasn't run as long as Nejimaki. I really wish someone had an idea of what it sells period...

Anyway the upcoming arc is one of my favorites in the manga, so stay tuned.