New Manga Editor Membergroup! | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

New Manga Editor Membergroup!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Alright, here's the deal. We've created a Manga Editor membergroup to show our recognition of all the contributors here at MH. If you get put into this membergroup, you'll be a recognized Manga Editor here at MH, your name will be in lime green.

The problem is there's a whole heckuva lot of you out here on the boards, and I doubt I could possibly remember everybody here that would be deserving of being put in the group. Here's the criteria:

1. You have to be either a recognized leader of a Edited Manga group or you have to be personally vouched by one.
2. You have to submit either 5 MQ Edited Mangas or 2 HQ Edited Mangas.
3. If you are a LQ speed Manga Editor, then if you contribute with releases regularly over a period of three months here at MH, you'll be recognized.

If you feel like you fit any of these criteria, feel free to post here and one of the admins will place you in the membergroup. Thanks.

EDIT: As for International Manga Editors, you'll be accepted into the group ONLY if you do the cleans yourselves, not just typesetting using other groups' scans.

Last edited by a moderator:

WinterLion

Grand Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Also if you think there's another criteria that you can think of that should qualify members for the group, please post here and we'll give it due consideration. ^^

chvis002

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Members of a Edited Mangagroup usally work on different things, like typesetting or editing for example, but can you call everyone in a Manga Editorgroup (except translators since they are translators) Manga Editors? IMHO think so since everyone have a vital part in a Edited Mangagroup and that there'll be quite alot of member-groups otherwise :D. In that case you need different criteras for different sort of work. And that would be considerd on how many pages the Manga Editor have done

Or it could be that some recogniced dude on this forum (like moderator or whatever) who reads alot of manga, take notice of a Manga Editor (read typesetters and editors etc.) so much that this dude could remeber him/her and then recomend him/her. Sort of like when you read a new hq-chapter you be like "oh it's that dude he/she is quite good at what he/she does" when you read the credits page. I dunno if that is practicly possible but it would be in my perfect world... Mayby the leader can recomend his/hers members

Hope this makes sence, otherwise send a PM and I'll try again :smile-big

BTW, shouldn't Believe be a Manga Editor?

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Concerning typesetters and editors - that's where being vouched by recognized cleaners of a Edited Manga group, I think, come in. If you've done a lot for a Edited Manga group as a typesetter or editor, then yes, we'll recognize you as a Manga Editor, because you are a member of a Edited Manga group. But a cleaner has to recommend you.

All this membergroup is about is just recognizing people who contribute a lot, but we'll need your help in telling us who deserves it because there's so many here.

I'll check into Believe.

EDIT: And the answer is yes, heh. Believe's in the group now.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I've lowered the number of MQs and HQs that you need to do in order to become a Manga Editor.

Instead of 10 MQs, you only need 5 MQs, and 5 HQs, you only need 2 HQs.

chvis002

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Daryl should also be added :amuse

Looked into it and added Daryl. Thanks for the heads up. ^^ ~ WL

Daryl

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
chvis002 said:
Daryl should also be added :amuse

Looked into it and added Daryl. Thanks for the heads up. ^^ ~ WL
Wow I don't know what to say. Thanks chvis002 for the recommendation and thanks to WinterLion for adding me into the group. My weekend has been made! :)

PhantomX

Manga Editor
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Err... I guess I should say something here? XD

That's what it said in the sticky topic under latest Edited Mangas. Apparently most of our stuff is HQ according to MH standards, and even if it isn't, Sleeping Forest is past 40 releases by now :)

You've been added. ^^ ~ WL

faizuddin

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
wow... a Manga Editors group star?
well, i've done my eyeshield scans from 200-220 (except 219 which the file is being misplaced)XD...and most of my scans i blackened the pure black..and most of them is MQ

KuBaka

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
I'll give it a try.
I've already released 24 Polish scanlated chapters (19 Naruto and 5 Bleach), they are available at http://www.shishi.za.pl (just in case you are curious if i'm not lying ;) )

rashire

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Maybe i'm reading the rules wrong, but does this mean each member of a Editing group with a account here can get the Manga Editor status or only head members?

But if invidual members can attain this status: I'm a member of Sleeping-Forest and PhantomX can vouch for that.

La_Muerte

Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
_VOiD_ should be one (if hes not already) he helped me out a lot when we were doing Zan, and hes also doing muhyo to rouji and yu yu hakusho, and other stuff hes really all around

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I believe that we already gave Void the stars.

@ rashire, get one of the heads of SF to post here that you deserve to be added, that's what being "vouched by heads of groups" mean, but yes, individual members can be added too if they're recognized by that group.

Emery

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
*raises hand*

I started OPHQST and Phase 3 and both groups only put out HQ releases.

Do I qualify? :3

PhantomX

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Gold Knight said:
I believe that we already gave Void the stars.

@ rashire, get one of the heads of SF to post here that you deserve to be added, that's what being "vouched by heads of groups" mean, but yes, individual members can be added too if they're recognized by that group.
Yeah, rashire is with Sleeping-Forest. Haha, in fact, it's probably thanks to his services helping us stay organized that we can release as fast as we do :)

Done~. :) ~ WL

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Emery said:
*raises hand*

I started OPHQST and Phase 3 and both groups only put out HQ releases.

Do I qualify? :3
Yup!

PhantomX said:
Yeah, rashire is with Sleeping-Forest. Haha, in fact, it's probably thanks to his services helping us stay organized that we can release as fast as we do :)
Alright ^^

C4animax

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
3. If you are a LQ speed Manga Editor, then if you contribute with releases regularly over a period of three months here at MH, you'll be recognized.

hheeeeehhhh that sucks...what about regular Camshot rescuer??? i'd love brown stars with translator title :tem

Status
Not open for further replies.