Hangout - New Prince of Tennis General + Q&A | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout New Prince of Tennis General + Q&A

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Use this thread to discuss topics related to Shin Prince of Tennis that are not specifically related to a chapter but perhaps not large enough to start threads concerning said topics in the sub-forum.

Last edited:

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 06 and 07 Discussion/Predictions

I guess that is a bit off topic, try not to do it next time, but it's understandable we've discussed the chapters to death lol, the bad thing about a monthly series i suppose.

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Last edited:

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

You know guys, I just realized something.
In the Atobe vs Ryoma match....
He was leading 4-0, and then Echizen caught up with the Tezuka Zone. But...Why didn't he win by using the Tannhauser?
I mean, okay, Echizen won game by Tezuka Zone hax. 4-1. Atobe's service. Why didn't he use the Tannhauser? If he had, it would have gone like this:
5-1
5-2
6-2.
And it's not like Echizen learned how to counter the serve, because here, on this chapter...

It says he took the lead by using his serve. So...The reason he didn't use it to win the game before was that...
...Konomi didn't think of that?
For that matter, what's with the "you won't be using my blind spots anymore" thing?

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Rule of drama etc lol.

The only logical reason is...well filler, in the filler Tannhauser serve causes tremendous stress on his shoulder...but that makes no sense.

Maybe he can return the Tannhauser serve but tanked that service game once they were tied.

There are many players who tank service games and prepare for a tie breaker. Only explanation i can think of, otherwise it makes no sense.

Damn you sherlock you made me analyze my favorite match in the series...

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States

It would make no sense if it DIDN'T damage anything. I mean why doesn't Tezuka just spam zero shiki serve? The only explanation is "They can't."

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

It would make no sense if it DIDN'T damage anything. I mean why doesn't Tezuka just spam zero shiki serve? The only explanation is "They can't."
I should have specified, I'm not saying the idea that he can't makes no sense, i meant using anime filler as my backing makes no sense since the limitation in the anime wasn't even hinted at in the manga.

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Rule of drama etc lol.

The only logical reason is...well filler, in the filler Tannhauser serve causes tremendous stress on his shoulder...but that makes no sense.

Maybe he can return the Tannhauser serve but tanked that service game once they were tied.

There are many players who tank service games and prepare for a tie breaker. Only explanation i can think of, otherwise it makes no sense.

Damn you sherlock you made me analyze my favorite match in the series...
Haha sorry, it's also one of my favorite matches. My favorite one though is Niou/Yagyu vs Oishi/Kikumaru.
That trick from hell was beyond awesome.
Though it makes me wonder how no one noticed they switched places. I mean, the umpire always says the score, and then the name of the person who is going to serve.
Wouldn't they be disqualified for breaking that rule? And yes, I am over analyzing. I blame ES21 ending and POT becoming monthly, and my high school exams having ended this morning.

Tezuka is Mr.Wuss arm. Anything he does damages it.
*After hitting a zero shiki*
MY AAAAAAAAARM
*After using the Tezuka zone*
MY AAAAAAAAAARM
*After using the zero shiki serve*
MY AAAAAAAAAARM
*After using Tezuka Phantom*
MY AAAAAAAAAAARM!
*After reaching to get a book on a shelf*
MY AAAAAAAAAAAARM!

Seriously, EVERYTHING he does destroys his arm. With the exception of killing the dinosaurs. That had no collateral effects whatsoever.

But seriously, yeah. It makes some sense that Konomi would put some limitation on that serve, or else he would be the most broken player ever.
But still, it would be nice of Konomi to TELL US THAT.

But even if it did affect Atobe's arm, it wouldn't be that serious if he could spam it to win a game right after that. And Atobe likely wouldn't worry about his arm since he wanted to win badly. He would just have gone all Tezuka on Echizen and broken his arm, but would have kept playing nonetheless. That would even be consistent with his character development, after seeing Tezuka's determination to win. I still think Konomi messed up. Also, I don't get how Echizen suddenly defeated the World of Ice. "I hit a ball despite a giant piece of iron falling on my direction. That means two things. One, I no longer have blind spots for some weird reason, and two, whoever is taking care of the maintenance of this place should be fired."

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

He probably just messed up...Mangaka tend to do it all the time..but usually fix it in the tankoban..perhaps Konomi felt no one was going to be like us and analyze his matches to this extent lmao.

Also i always wondered how Nioh and Yagyuu got away with that lol, on the ATP tour your coach can't even shout advice to you but these dudes switched places...ah PoT..good times.

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Maybe Niou was actually a Magnificent Bastard who blackmailed the umpire. That explains everything. How can he break so many rules and got away with that?

Also, he never lost to Yagyuu. They switched places before the match. The one who lost was Yagyuu, dressed as Niou. Niou is manipulating everyone from the shadows.

...I feel a mangahelpers meme being born.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Maybe Niou was actually a Magnificent Bastard who blackmailed the umpire. That explains everything. How can he break so many rules and got away with that?
Idk about bribing, but Nioh isn't on magnificent bastard levels..not till he makes his whole team throw two matches in a row and banks their chance at the finals on the evolution of a 13 year old.

Also, he never lost to Yagyuu. They switched places before the match. The one who lost was Yagyuu, dressed as Niou. Niou is manipulating everyone from the shadows.

...I feel a mangahelpers meme being born.
DUDE!!!lol i was thinking the SAME THING..that this is actually Nioh who won disguised as Yagyu lol

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Seems like Dailymotion is still processing it.
And Atobe, from now on every time I see Yagyuu in the future chapters, I will refer to him as Niou/Nioh. Because my epiletic tree is that he is in fact him!
It would be so hilarious if that actually happened.

And talking about videos, I was going through youtube, and I can't believe no one made an Atobe amv with the song "Prince Ali" from Aladdin yet.

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Really? It is processed for me.
I get a "Publication of this video is in process, it will be available soon" screen.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

I got the same screen as Sherlock

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada

On unrelated news,

I just had to photoshop that. Even though my photoshop skills suck.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

That post was win man, i just saved it to my HD

Fayte

Reaction score
Country