Spoiler - New Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. May 4th) | Page 74 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Spoiler New Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. May 4th)

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
1. Ryoga slipping away from the US team. Is he some kind of triple agent or something? Lol
Is he going back to japan? Going to the Swiss seems random.
Well, Japan shouldn't have any spots left for Ryoga, so if he switches teams again, it should be either Switzerland or Spain. Also, he was part of some other national team when Japan first met and recruited him in Macau already, so I wouldn't put it past him to just have passports of a dozen different countries lying around somehow.

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
So what is Ryoga like Kai from Beyblade always changing teams.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
A thought on Yushi being the last representative - I'm not convinced he was the one Mifune was about to announce in the previous chapter. What if it happened like this:
  • Mifune announced the new members right after Ryoma returned to the team. This indicates that the new team wasn't officially registered yet at that point. For all we know the registration deadline was at some point during the night.
  • Let's suppose Mifune announced someone else at that point, it doesn't really matter who. This is supported by two facts: (1) Kaji, Sengoku and Yanagi were already shown in their rep uniforms whereas Yushi wore his school clothes when he went after Momoshiro; (2) the reps were told to practice for the rest of the day and the non-reps had to leave - Yushi obviously belonged to the latter group.
  • After seeing that Yushi withstood Aramenoma's curse, Mifune changed his mind and registered him in place of whoever was Oishi's original replacement.
Maybe. In this case it also makes sense that the original replacement wasn't shown. It wasn't because they had some big reveal coming, but rather because they were going to be irrelevant 20 pages later.

ChinkyCandie

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Interesting theory. Basically kept that last representative unknown until someone could prove they're worth that spot.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
A thought on Yushi being the last representative - I'm not convinced he was the one Mifune was about to announce in the previous chapter. What if it happened like this:
  • Mifune announced the new members right after Ryoma returned to the team. This indicates that the new team wasn't officially registered yet at that point. For all we know the registration deadline was at some point during the night.
  • Let's suppose Mifune announced someone else at that point, it doesn't really matter who. This is supported by two facts: (1) Kaji, Sengoku and Yanagi were already shown in their rep uniforms whereas Yushi wore his school clothes when he went after Momoshiro; (2) the reps were told to practice for the rest of the day and the non-reps had to leave - Yushi obviously belonged to the latter group.
  • After seeing that Yushi withstood Aramenoma's curse, Mifune changed his mind and registered him in place of whoever was Oishi's original replacement.
Maybe. In this case it also makes sense that the original replacement wasn't shown. It wasn't because they had some big reveal coming, but rather because they were going to be irrelevant 20 pages later.
I'm being very skeptical on the spoilers mostly because I cannot buy Yuushi being selected, but this is a decent explanation I suppose.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm being very skeptical on the spoilers mostly because I cannot buy Yuushi being selected, but this is a decent explanation I suppose.
I'm pretty sure they're accurate at this point. Haven't seen anyone on 5ch offer up an alternative and those are accepted as real by the baidu folks as well.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

That's Camus in case it wasn't obvious.

Also, there are 3 chapters this month.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
The bracket seems to have shuffled around a bit again as well it seems. The r1 match-ups of the top teams are:

Germany vs South Africa
Switzerland vs Portugal
France vs England

France defeats England without dropping a single game. We don't see which of their guys plays in the first match, but the two guys right next to Camus on the twitter pic play the second match and Camus himself plays the last one.
Germany's line-up consists of the three pros, QP, Tezuka, Bismarck and Frankensteiner. Siegfried isn't part of the line-up.

Also, this isn't confirmed, but I have the suspicion that Volk's brother is actually still a middle schooler. Assuming we still have the rule that forces teams to field at least 3 middle schoolers in each match, Volk himself, QP, Bismarck and Pro D fill all the HSer slots.
The name of Volk's younger brother is Bertie Borisovich Volk I think. I... haven't figured out something sensible for the other one yet.
Pro D is Dankmar Schneider.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
QP must of been trolling when he said Switzerland are no.1 in overall strength. Because that Germany line-up is ridiculous OP.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I wonder who Dankmer Schneider is supposed to be based on.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
QP must of been trolling when he said Switzerland are no.1 in overall strength. Because that Germany line-up is ridiculous OP.
People have also interpreted that statement as the Swiss being the strongest team besides Germany, i.e. their biggest threat, which is possible. That said, all the Swiss players we've seen are at a high level as well and they might have one or two more that we don't know about yet.

I wonder who Dankmer Schneider is supposed to be based on.
I'm at a loss to be honest. There are a few people with that name, but none of them really stands out to me. The most famous bearer seems to be Dankmar Adler, an architect, but my personal best guess is Dankmar Schultz-Hencke (doesn't have an English entry), a chemist and physicist who developed some stuff in the field of photography and, maybe most notably, was the first person to ever do an x-ray scan of a human body part. I'm leaning more towards Schultz-Hencke if it's either of the two because Borisovich was a physicist as well.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Sometimes I wonder how Konomi comes up with some names.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Pretty sure he is inspired in Dankmeme Kappa but I have no reliable source.

I think Sieg will take Franken's spot last second.

Still feeling weird about Yuushi, won't lie, but it looks like half of the members in the team won't matter anyway (unless they all suddenly get injured before the finals or something).

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Pretty sure he is inspired in Dankmeme Kappa but I have no reliable source.
I highly doubt that.

I think Sieg will take Franken's spot last second.
Agreed.

Still feeling weird about Yuushi, won't lie, but it looks like half of the members in the team won't matter anyway (unless they all suddenly get injured before the finals or something).
Yeah, I don't think more than 10-12 are going to play at this rate. I guess the replacements are just in case you somehow advance to the finals while all seven players are incapacitated each time.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Say if Ryoga left the USA team will they even make it past Spain?

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Say if Ryoga left the USA team will they even make it past Spain?
Yeah, that's definitely questionable now. I guess they might just be used to hype up Medanore, although I wouldn't mind if Konomi had them break into the top 4 regardless and instead had Ralph defeat Medanore here. Spain in general is a wild card considering we know next to nothing about them except that they're strong.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Yeah, that's definitely questionable now. I guess they might just be used to hype up Medanore, although I wouldn't mind if Konomi had them break into the top 4 regardless and instead had Ralph defeat Medanore here. Spain in general is a wild card considering we know next to nothing about them except that they're strong.
It be funny after everyone expecting USA to make the Semis at least. End up getting knocked out in the quarter-finals. Really hope he doesn't skip Spain vs USA or Switzerland vs Spain/USA.
I do want to know more about Spain. There are so many Spanish players that Konomi can draw inspiration from.
Raws: http://lhscans.com/read-shin-tennis-no-ouji-sama-raw-chapter-229.html
http://lhscans.com/read-shin-tennis-no-ouji-sama-raw-chapter-230.html
http://lhscans.com/read-shin-tennis-no-ouji-sama-raw-chapter-231.html
Thank you for these.

Echizen

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
why konami not chose yagyuu ? i think he is quiet strong since he beat niou masaharu in 7 point match..

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
why konami not chose yagyuu ? i think he is quiet strong since he beat niou masaharu in 7 point match..
His voice actor isn't sexy enough to make him popular I guess.

geekminator

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Is pro D the tallest player in the series? I really don't get the glowing shot strength. I mean, it can break concrete, walls, internal organs but at the same time Byoudijin just caught it with his bare hand.