Spoiler - New Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. May 4th) | Page 76 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Spoiler New Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. May 4th)

ChinkyCandie

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I wonder how Shiraishi would find a way around that? I mean Shiraishi is the weak link right now. Its going to be a good but tough road for Shiraishi's development.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Golden age 238: 5 Choices
  • Following Shiraishi's smash winner, there's silence. Then, after a moment, the audience breaks out in cheers.
  • The French strike a synchronized pose and copy Shiraishi's "ecstasy."
  • On the next point, Tristan passes Kimijima and hits the ball into the doubles alley. However, Shiraishi catches up to the shot, with afterimages showing as he runs, and hits a clean winner on the return. It's Kenya's Speed Tennis.
  • Flashback to the previous night. Continuing from where we left off a few chapters ago, Tanegashima says that when you're troubled, sometimes you have a flash of inspiration just by drawing lines on the ground. Shiraishi follows his advice and adds more lines to the stat diagram Tanegashima drew. He extends the Power part, then the Speed part, and so on until all five areas are extended and a star forms.
  • Shiraishi continues to score. First with Chitose's Kamikakushi, then with Kintarou's Mountain Storm. The answer Shiraishi arrived at is that he can surpass his Bible Tennis thanks to his teammates at Shitenhouji, who he'd been watching for so long.
  • By concentrating on one stat at a time, Shiraishi can temporarily raise it to a 7. That's the Star Bible. Tristan comments that he can't read what Shiraishi's going to do next.
  • The chapter ends with Shiraishi exclaiming that he'll grab all the stars.

Golden age 239: Star Bible
  • Japan has seized the flow of the match. Towards the end of the second set, they finally get the break.
  • Leading 5-4, Kimijima serves. France goes on the offensive to take back the break.
  • Shiraishi and Kimijima continuously fend off their attacks. Finally, an opportunity presents itself. Kimijima hits a lob through the middle, aiming for the backhands of the right-handed Tristan and the left-handed Timothée, and looking for a weak backhand smash from either of them to attack.
  • However, much to Japan's shock, the French slam a smash winner right between Shiraishi and Kimijima. It turns out that both Tristan and Timothée are ambidextrous and are now showing their true colors.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Sounds like Shiraishi used Samurai Eye from the anime.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
...but Samurai Eye is basically Muga, which is not really concious.

It's more like his own thing, wanna see him copy some more people tho or even mix them (even if it can't be at the same time, something like using Kenya's speed and in the last split second changing into Gin mode could be neat).

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Spoilers from baidu. Not confirmed, but the source is reliable. From what I understand:
  • Two chapters.
  • The second set goes to a tiebreak.
  • Shiraishi is the most composed out of everyone. The French have a flashback (not specified what exactly) and feel they absolutely must win whereas Kimijima loses it for some reason (the poster compares it to Inui throwing away his data).
  • Ultimately, Japan loses 2-6, 6-7.
  • On the final point, Kimijima's leg got hurt somehow. It's revealed that Tanegashima's end of his deal with Kimijima was to create an opportunity in which Kimijima can apologize to Tohno for setting him up in the G10 match.
  • Tohno treats Kimijima's injury, Kimijima apologizes, Tohno forgives him. They promise to play doubles together again in the future.
  • Kimijima reflects that he lacks Tohno's attachment to victory (implying that this is the reason they lost?)
  • Next up, Mouri and Yanagi vs a HS/MS pair.
Take these with a grain of salt, will hopefully be able to post more specifics tomorrow.

LetalHawk

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Spoilers from baidu. Not confirmed, but the source is reliable. From what I understand:
  • Two chapters.
  • The second set goes to a tiebreak.
  • Shiraishi is the most composed out of everyone. The French have a flashback (not specified what exactly) and feel they absolutely must win whereas Kimijima loses it for some reason (the poster compares it to Inui throwing away his data).
  • Ultimately, Japan loses 2-6, 6-7.
  • On the final point, Kimijima's leg got hurt somehow. It's revealed that Tanegashima's end of his deal with Kimijima was to create an opportunity in which Kimijima can apologize to Tohno for setting him up in the G10 match.
  • Tohno treats Kimijima's injury, Kimijima apologizes, Tohno forgives him. They promise to play doubles together again in the future.
  • Kimijima reflects that he lacks Tohno's attachment to victory (implying that this is the reason they lost?)
  • Next up, Mouri and Yanagi vs a HS/MS pair.
Take these with a grain of salt, will hopefully be able to post more specifics tomorrow.
Their loss was obvious, but I'm glad it was made this way, because somehow Kimijima would have to pay his "debt" to Tohno in the long run, and I'm glad Konomi included it in this match. I would have liked to see more of Shiraishi, but after having won every match he played, a loss for him was the best option.

Now that we're getting Mouri/Yanagi, there are two possible scenarios left.

1. They win, so Ryoma wins S3, Sanada loses S2 and Duke wins S1.
2. They lose, and Ryoma, Sanada and Duke all win their singles matches.

Honestly, I prefer the second one over the first. It's true Yanagi's last appearance was vs Mitsuya where he lost badly, and Mouri lost vs Atobe/Niou, but I really have a hard time seeing Sanada losing his (likely) last match in the series. So, if Mouri/Yanagi lose (which is really obvious for me the more I think about it), it should be close (like 6-4, 3-6, 5-7), so it becomes a close match in the end where any side could have won and their loss doesn't look that bad, and Sanada wins his last match and evens the score, and that is a much better scenario in my eyes than him losing.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
MOURI'S TIME TO SHINE BOYS GET YOUR DETACHED ARMS READY.

Wondering if the French will follow their "love" theme or if Konomi will just have 2 strong dudes playing together.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
This match shows Shiraishi and Kimijima will eventually get another match somewhere down the track.

I feel like Mouri will play a more vital role than Yanagi.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I think they'll share the screentime. Shiraishi was the focus here (even if Kimijima had his moments) and I fail to see Mouri getting anything similar to that.

This match shows Shiraishi and Kimijima will eventually get another match somewhere down the track.
How? In Newer New Prince of Tennis?

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Golden age 240
  • Picks up where the last chapter left off, showing a "replay" of France switching hands and scoring with the smash. Apparently they only used the same dominant hands during the matches so far, so Japan had no data on them being ambidextrous.
  • France breaks to even out the score, then holds their own service game to take a 6-5 lead.
  • Akaya panics in the gallery and in response Tohno hits him on the head.
  • Shirashi serves next. France still has trouble predicting him, so he manages to hold, taking the set to a tiebreak. Kenya, Gin and Zaizen seem shocked by how composed Shirashi is, wondering if he put his focus on mental strength. Tanegashima says that with all the high schoolers sweating, Shirashi's now the coolest guy on the court. He commends Shirashi for pacing himself so well in that heated back-and-forth.
  • As the tiebreak is about to start, Tristan notices Timothée's father sitting in the audience.
  • There's a short (two pages) flashback about Timothée's father. The father is a painter. Since he has to sell his paintings on the street, his wife and daughter left him, however, Timothée chose to stay because he loves his father's paintings. Timothée wants to become a professional to support his father.
  • Timothée declares that today will be the first exhibition he'll prepare for his father and Tristan concludes that they mustn't lose.
  • The tiebreak starts. Thanks to his increased resolve, Tristan's serve becomes even stronger and Shirashi's return only finds the net.
  • Camus notices that before they knew it, they'd forgotten all about their posing battle.
  • The editor's note follows up on Camus' comment: "I want neither the spotlight nor the cheers of the audience. I only want victory!"

Last edited:

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hardy, maybe some practice match before the finals, where Shiraishi can be seen. Doesn't have to be an official match The practice match shows how much he has improved.

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
Could Duke become the strongest Japanese player for a short time?

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Could Duke become the strongest Japanese player for a short time?
In our eyes? Possibly. He certainly will need to step up to beat Camus. But I'd expect Byoudouin to remain stronger even like that.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Chapter thread:
https://mangahelpers.com/forum/thre...r-240-and-241-discussion-predictions.3010621/
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Two chapters this month. Couple points to start us off:
  • From what I understand, Yanagi despises Mouri because Mouri kept skipping practice while Yukimura was going through rehab and unable to play even though he wanted to.
  • Mouri lost to Ochi 0-6 at some tournament.
  • Presumably unbeknownst to the MSers, Mouri watched Yukimura go through rehab and work hard to return. I think this motivates him to work harder too and he wins a tournament, which then leads to him receiving the camp invitation.
  • In the current match, Yanagi completely dominates the French. Apparently he gathered data on all the foreign players while he was on the medical team and kept practicing each day. At the end of the month, Japan leads 5-0 in the first set.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I like how Mifune tends to put in doubles players that don't get along at all lmao. That strategy hasnt failed him I guess.

Darkmoon

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Then there's going to be a flashback (short) of Mouri after all. I did not think that Yanagi was the one who most despised Mouri, we will have to see how he will behave when he finds out that Mouri was aware of Yukimura.
I like how Mifune tends to put in doubles players that don't get along at all lmao. That strategy hasnt failed him I guess.
But I want to see Mouri plays.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Thanks to Sai for clarifying a bunch of stuff for me.

Golden age 242: I Will Not Forgive You
  • The chapter starts with a flashback to a day in the hotel. Mouri and Yanagi pass each other in the hallway. Mouri tries to greet Yanagi, but the latter keeps walking without saying a word. It's only when Mouri asks about Yukimura's condition that Yanagi finally turns around.
  • Yanagi's tells Mouri about Yukimura heading to America after the tournament to get another surgery and completely recover.
  • Mouri says he's glad to hear that. However, that remark makes Yanagi mad. It's indicated that he yells at Mouri, but there are no text bubbles to show what he's saying. Turning around and walking away, Yanagi says he never wants to hear Yukimura's name out of Mouri's mouth ever again. Ochi comes up behind Mouri and puts his hand on Mouri's shoulder as Mouri scratches his head and sighs.
  • In the present, the players have entered the court. The Japanese wonder if this isn't the worst possible doubles combination and Sanada questions what Mifune was thinking when pairing them up together.
  • Putting on his glasses, Jonathan remarks that everyone but him is as big as a tree. In response, Edgard chops Jonathan's forehead and rebukes him for talking too much. Then he orders Jonathan to put paint on his face just like him, but Jonathan thinks the paint is lame, earning himself another chop to the forehead.
  • Mouri tries to chat with Yanagi, but Yanagi ignores him and goes to his position - he serves first.
  • Yanagi's first serve is faster than Jonathan expected and he only manages to throw up a weak return. Yanagi expected that to happen with a 99.99% probability and scores with a smash - 15-0. Mouri offers a high-five, but gets ignored once again.
  • Edgard receives. It seems that he's only to return it cross-court, so Mouri goes for a poach, however, Edgard leaps to the side to improve his angle and manages to pull the shot down the line. Once again, Yanagi is there and scores. Japan leads 1-0. Like before, Yanagi ignores Mouri's praise and high-five attempts and instead reprimands him for being reckless, which Mouri shrugs off by saying that Yanagi read the return anyway.
  • The match is completely under Yanagi's control. He seems to almost single-handedly extend Japan's lead to 3-0. During the changeover, Yanagi says that while he was part of the medical team, he researched the players of all the other countries and didn't neglect practicing even a single day.
  • The scene shifts back to the flashback from the beginning of the chapter. Essentially, Yanagi says that while Yukimura wanted to play tennis again, he couldn't, whereas Mouri had the chance to practice in a great environment every day and didn't use it. He yells that he won't forgive Mouri for the rest of his life.

Golden age 243: The Sports Drink Fairy
  • This chapter also starts with a flashback, this time to the beginning of Mouri's time in high school. It seems that instead of attending practice, he collects some sort of loyalty points.
  • During the first round of the Kanto tournament, Mouri has to face Hyoutei's Ochi. Ochi beats him 6-0.
  • Having heard of Yukimura's collapse, Mouri goes to the hospital where Yukimura is treated and see how Yukimura struggles through rehab. This seems to motivate him to practice harder and he wins the fall newcomer tournament without dropping a single set. Following that, Mouri receives an invitation to the U-17 camp and the coaches decide to pair him up with Ochi.
  • Back in the present, Japan is still in control, leading France 5-0.
  • Another short flashback, now to the Rikkai members visiting Yukimura in hospital. Yukimura tells them how, every day after he returns to his room from rehab, there's a cold sports drink waiting for him.
  • It dawns on Yanagi that Mouri was the one leaving the drinks back then.
  • Mouri comments that Yanagi's strength in doubles is controlling his part like how he controlled Akaya during the nationals finals. Yanagi realizes that Mouri had been watching over them the whole time.
  • Finally, Mouri tells Yanagi to stop the chatter, so that they can go and relax a bit while serving for the set.
No clue when RAWs are gonna be uploaded somewhere, but here's the chapter thread:

https://mangahelpers.com/forum/thre...apter-242-243-discussion-predictions.3010811/
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Spoilers from baidu.

Golden age 244: Artist of the Court
  • The French are starting their counter-attack.
  • Edgard plays art tennis. He has an eagle serve as well as snake and leopard techniques, all of them are offensive moves.
  • France ties up the score in an instant, it's 5-5.
  • Yanagi attempts to score with Cicada, but Edgard counters it with another special move called Arc de Triomphe, a defensive skill.
  • France wins the first set 7-5.
  • Yanagi and Mouri are shocked by the quick comeback.
  • Yanagi thinks that Jonathan gathered their data. However, both as a member of Rikkai and a Japanese representative, he declares he has no intention of losing.
  • Mouri says he'll leave the data collection up to Yanagi and that he'll go to sleep for a bit? (Not sure on the second part.)
  • Byoudouin says that he hasn't seen Mouri's serious side in quite some time.

Golden age 245: Gathering Data
  • Mouri stands at the front of the court with his eyes closed, leaving France puzzled.
  • Byoudouin says that this is the strength of the guy who became Japan's no. 10.
  • Edgard targets Mouri with shot painted like a tornado. However, Mouri scores. Mouri blinks, but his eyes are empty.
  • Edgard continues his art attack, this time painting a shark. But Mouri continues to score and Japan wins the first game of the second set.
  • (Byoudouin explains something here, but I'm not sure on the details. The poster compares Mouri's state to Muga though.)
  • Apparently the coaches did a scientific investigation on Mouri regarding this state at some point and discovered that he's entered deep sleep. He falls asleep and blocks out any distractions, meaning his concentration increases to its limits. Furthermore, he can enter this state in only a few seconds.
  • Japan extends their lead to 2-0.
  • Ryoma leaves to warm up.
  • Jonathan is unable to collect Mouri's data in his sleeping state.
  • Edgard paints on Jonathan's face. Jonathan's temperament changes as a result. Supposedly this is some kind of hypnosis based on Jonathan's trust in Edgard. Now it seems like Jonathan's personality has changed completely.
  • Yanagi determines that he needs to discard all the data he had collected and sets out to collect new data.
  • France manages to turn the situation around once more, now leading 5-4.
  • At this point, Mouri wakes up. Also, Yanagi has finished collecting the new data.
  • However, Edgard paints yet another pattern onto Jonathan's face to invalidate Yanagi's data again.
  • Yanagi reveals that he didn't actually collect the French players' data, but Mouri's.
  • He did this so that he's able to adjust his style to Mouri's from now and control him like he had done with Devil Akaya.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Oooh, so cool!!!

So Mouri has... Ultra Instinct? It's a bit like that imo.
Ultra Instinct itself is based on this:

• This technique closely resembles the real-life martial art concept of Mushin (無心 lit. "Empty Mind"), a mental state that highly trained martial artists are said to be capable of entering during combat. It is essentially a moment where their body reacts without the need of having any specific intentions or plans in mind, having refined their instincts and intuition to a level where they can respond to any threat without the need for thought.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well its about time we see what makes Mouri a top 10 player.