Spoiler - New Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. May 4th) | Page 88 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Spoiler New Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. May 4th)

erosares286

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I think tezuka will win in a close match. For D1 i think Konomi will put Irie/any MS(maybe marui) and japan will win, that sets up Volk vs Tokugawa in S1

mathematicianrcg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I think tezuka will win in a close match. For D1 i think Konomi will put Irie/any MS(maybe marui) and japan will win, that sets up Volk vs Tokugawa in S1
Tezuka MUST win this. Otherwise, it will be implied that Ryoma and Fuji surpassed him again.

I like Yukimura but Tezuka Should win this. I am willing to bet Yuki beat tezuka in their childhood. Yuki doesnt have a single loss before he face Ryoma.

As i said, D1 is an easy win for Japan. Germany weakest link is D1. Irie/Fuji will easily stomp then. But I doubt fuji will play in d1. Maybe Irie/Kurihara.

The only ones that can beat Volk in HS are Byo, Tane, and Tokugawa. The ony MS that can beat volk is maybe Ryoma and Fuji(Very Unlikely MS will face Volk).

Want for Tezuka to win. Or else it will be 3-1 for Japan, and not see Volk playing like what happened with camus.

Please Konami, give tezuka his FIRST major match win. I know he also gathered some ideas here in this thread.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Exactly, just have to list the favorite characters of Konomi to beat Volk, as it was with Nioh and the Duke who defeated double pros. (being doubles is no longer worth in NPOT and apparently being pro isn't either)
HS
Tokugawa- Best Candidate.(Can take his revenge)
Tane- He is better than Tokugawa.(Maybe he have other tricks under his sleeves)
Byo- Obviously Japan No.1.(But he is reserve for Medanore)

MS(Very Unlikely)
Ryoma(He can beat Volk, but he is reserve for Ryoga)
Fuji ( I will really imply Fuji surpass tezuka if he will beat volk. This will be ridiculous)

André Vinícius

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Byodoin is needed for Spain. Else they have no chance beating Medanore. Yeah, maybe Tokugawa but him beating volk is unlikely. But anything can happen with konami.

Bismarck and Siegfried are the weakest in Germany. Proved by their loss to Fuji and Duke. Japan has a lot of pairs that is better than Fuji/Duke. D1 is an automatic win for Japan. Tezuka cannot lose, his whole arc is to become a pro. If tezuka loses, tezuka will not be allowed by Volk to go pro. And maybe this is the last time we see tezuka in NPOT.
Tezuka beating yukimura and go pro will put an end to Tezuka's arc/story.(Sorry Fuji)

The Key here for Konami is Who and How Volk will be defeated by an inferior player since Volk is recognised as the best player in the tournament.

S3- Germany(Qp)
D2- Japan(Duke\Niou)
S2- Germany(Tezuka)
D1- Japan (No idea but JAPAN will win this)
S1- Japan (Togukawa/Tane/Byo)
(in the scenario that Japan face Spain) since i don't see Tezuka losing here, Konami will either pull a draw, make Volk lose to someone weaker or tokugawa/Tanegashima may pull a TnK or derived from they ass to argumentatively equilibrate Lv with Volk, maybe Volk isn't even going to play and Tezuka loses here, but the problem now is the D1 that you are saying is a sure win (i also think this but thats not the case) the problem with the D1 is who is going to play (aka who is going to be wasted here).

Siegfried and Bismarck are viewed here as the weaklings but why ?
  • Siegfried was blow away by Duke and was show as the weakling of Germany, the problem here is that Siegfried now achieved TnK so you can't just throw one Sengoku here and expect a win, Japan will need to send Atobe or Fuji from the MSr to compete with him (even though it's probably going to be Akaya)
  • Bismarck is complete thrash since he faced Duke and Fuji 1vs2 and lose after gaining 4 games by HIMSELF against 2 PEOPLE and after a 4-4 even with the help of Siegfried he still lost 7-5 so of course if we use Ryuji here we have a sure win.
Being more serious here who do you think Japan will send to beat these 2 seeing as probably 1x1 Bismarck would beat Duke and Siegfried just get TnK ?

Exactly, just have to list the favorite characters of Konomi to beat Volk, as it was with Nioh and the Duke who defeated double pros. (being doubles is no longer worth in NPOT and apparently being pro isn't either)
I don't see this big problem everyone is seeing in this match. The pros didn't go with everything from the beggining and lost the first set (a little forced ? yes) and then they played serious and stomped "Byodoin" and Duke in the second set. The third set Niou used diferent players to get games (The best from 3 countries) and used Camus last (a PRO just like the two from Germany) and even got Howling with Duke to force a tiebreak and from there onwards i don't know what exactly happened in the last points (waiting the summary). Oh and it's good to remember that even though Duke was the weakest in the match he wasn't exactly a pushover he's still a good player it wasn't Niou vs 2 Pros, it was Niou and Duke vs 2 Pros (that are also humans). "Ah but it was a double of pros that played together all of their carrer VS two that never played together" and it was show how the pros complements each other pretty well, first set aside, until the Howling it was a individual performance from Niou to get games agaisnt the teamwork of the pros that made Japan not losing. Basically anyone else in the tournament wouldn't be able to beat the pro doubles, probably only Niou could do it with his illusion to counter Bertie temporarily and even so he still needed more than that.

Other good thing to remember is how Siegmund (the old man from Germany) wanted to offer a pro contract to Tezuka after seeing HnK, Phantom and TnK, so you guys think at that point Tezuka was unbeatable for those who aren't pros ? Amadeus also lost to an "amateur", if being a pro means automatic victory why bother playing ? Germany has basically 5 pro seeing as how Tezuka and Bismarck will probably turn pros after the tournament, give them the trophy.

(And just to make clear the logically thing to happen looking at the setup of the matches would be Germany passing to the finals because in these setups I don't see Tezuka and Volk losing).

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
(in the scenario that Japan face Spain) since i don't see Tezuka losing here, Konami will either pull a draw, make Volk lose to someone weaker or tokugawa/Tanegashima may pull a TnK or derived from they ass to argumentatively equilibrate Lv with Volk, maybe Volk isn't even going to play and Tezuka loses here, but the problem now is the D1 that you are saying is a sure win (i also think this but thats not the case) the problem with the D1 is who is going to play (aka who is going to be wasted here).

Siegfried and Bismarck are viewed here as the weaklings but why ?
  • Siegfried was blow away by Duke and was show as the weakling of Germany, the problem here is that Siegfried now achieved TnK so you can't just throw one Sengoku here and expect a win, Japan will need to send Atobe or Fuji from the MSr to compete with him (even though it's probably going to be Akaya)
  • Bismarck is complete thrash since he faced Duke and Fuji 1vs2 and lose after gaining 4 games by HIMSELF against 2 PEOPLE and after a 4-4 even with the help of Siegfried he still lost 7-5 so of course if we use Ryuji here we have a sure win.
Being more serious here who do you think Japan will send to beat these 2 seeing as probably 1x1 Bismarck would beat Duke and Siegfried just get TnK ?

I don't see this big problem everyone is seeing in this match. The pros didn't go with everything from the beggining and lost the first set (a little forced ? yes) and then they played serious and stomped "Byodoin" and Duke in the second set. The third set Niou used diferent players to get games (The best from 3 countries) and used Camus last (a PRO just like the two from Germany) and even got Howling with Duke to force a tiebreak and from there onwards i don't know what exactly happened in the last points (waiting the summary). Oh and it's good to remember that even though Duke was the weakest in the match he wasn't exactly a pushover he's still a good player it wasn't Niou vs 2 Pros, it was Niou and Duke vs 2 Pros (that are also humans). "Ah but it was a double of pros that played together all of their carrer VS two that never played together" and it was show how the pros complements each other pretty well, first set aside, until the Howling it was a individual performance from Niou to get games agaisnt the teamwork of the pros that made Japan not losing. Basically anyone else in the tournament wouldn't be able to beat the pro doubles, probably only Niou could do it with his illusion to counter Bertie temporarily and even so he still needed more than that.

Other good thing to remember is how Siegmund (the old man from Germany) wanted to offer a pro contract to Tezuka after seeing HnK, Phantom and TnK, so you guys think at that point Tezuka was unbeatable for those who aren't pros ? Amadeus also lost to an "amateur", if being a pro means automatic victory why bother playing ? Germany has basically 5 pro seeing as how Tezuka and Bismarck will probably turn pros after the tournament, give them the trophy.

(And just to make clear the logically thing to happen looking at the setup of the matches would be Germany passing to the finals because in these setups I don't see Tezuka and Volk losing).
I AM not saying bismrack and siegfried is weak. They are just the weakest on a strong germany team. Even Qp (an amateur) is better than them.

Who would beat them in d1? Irie/Fuji, Irie/Akaya, Tane/Shiraishi will beat them I think. Fuji can neutralize TNK. Irie can see their blind spots. Tane will return all their shots. Akaya maybe can injure them. Shiraishi looks like have a powerup now

The only trick Konami have is to put Volk in D1, and then make him and his partner lose. (Makes no sense but Konami has done some ridiculous things). Volk in doubles is beatable.

Ralph is PRO level like QP. Niou and Duke isnt Pro level.

Anyway, I also want a Germany Vs Spain Finals. And Japan VS USA battle for third. Makes more interesting story since we know usa . But I doubt Konami will put this story.

Now, maybe I predict that Japan will be beaten by Spain 3-0 in finals.. Again, only prediction.Ryoma and Ryoga will nit play each other in S1.

PS: If my memory is right, You mentioned in the past that no way Japan can lose this match? or something like that.

Last edited:

André Vinícius

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I AM not saying bismrack and siegfried is weak. They are just the weakest on a strong germany team. Even Qp (an amateur) is better than them.
Well QP is arguably the best player in Germany after his power up, hard to say who's better him or Volk. We could take for example Bismarck being better than the former top 2 of the France (Arguably top 3 if he was still there today).

Who would beat them in d1? Irie/Fuji, Irie/Akaya, Tane/Shiraishi will beat them I think. Fuji can neutralize TNK. Irie can see their blind spots. Tane will return all their shots. Akaya maybe can injure them. Shiraishi looks like have a powerup now
And here is the thing, whoever plays here possibly will not play in the finals, so in the examples you give, Japan could lost Tane or Irie and then looking at the "top 5 of Japan" 4 could be used here and not used in the finals (Duke, Tane, Oni and Tokugawa) and we don't even know for sure if Irie is as good as the top 5 players of Japan to take on a guy who could beat Duke, so the D1 is a big problem for Japan, unless Konami wants to use again the top 5 so Tane/Tokugawa/Byodoin can play here and in the finals who knows. The 3 MSr that you used as an example I also think would be the best here (the problem being using Shiraishi after he already played against france) What I'm saying is that whoever plays D1 probably can't take Spain because they would be wasted in order to win this match, basically they will drop from 100% to around 50%-70%.

Ralph is PRO level like QP. Niou and Duke isnt Pro level.
So this opens other questions, is Zeus pro LV? is Noah pro LV? is Byodoin pro LV? is Camus pro LV? because who played against the doubles pros was them, looks like Niou played as himself only in the end to get i think 1 point, and i can go further, is Amadeus pro LV since he lost to an Amateur ? what is pro LV at all ? I guess you're looking at this match with the wrong eyes.

1º set was strange since the pros didn't play serious and "Byodoin" and Duke took the set 6-3

2º set the pros played serious and stomped "Byodoin" and Duke (expected by everyone)

3º set Niou used Zeus to get 1 game and was immediately shot down by Bertie 1-1, Niou used Noah to get 1 game by surprise since Bertie didn't have data on him but even without the data the two pros still could still win 1 game back (since they are pros aka high lv players) and after that Noah still could get 1 more game before Bertie could shot down Noah and Niou needs to change again 3-3, after that Niou used Camus (a pro player since you want so much pros) this way Japan could get to 5-4, then Bertie managed to counter Camus regaining a 5-6 and here Niou needs even more than copying a pro to face 2 pros, he managed a howling with Duke to push into the tiebreak 6-6.

PS: to make this easier to understand think that:
  • Duke and Zeus VS Bertie and Schneider = 1-6
  • Duke and Noah VS Bertie and Schneider = 2-6
  • Duke and Camus (without howling) VS Bertie and Schneider = 2-6
  • Duke and Camus (Howling) VS Bertie and Schneider (Howling ?) = around 2-6 or 3-6 maybe even 6-6 who knows
So basically the pro doubles are superior but Niou take the best of each match up to won the 3º set

Tiebreak: "Camus" and Duke howling managed to balance the game to an 6-5 (and the pros looks like also have a howling ?) and after the 6-5 i don't really get what happened waiting for summary :)

So basically what we can say is that probably the only Double that could have a chance of beating the double pro from Germany was Duke and Niou, because the variability of Niou can counter temporarily Bertie style, and in the end Niou used Camus that perchance could achieve howling with Duke. But let's remember that Japan only won here because the pros didn't play with everything from the start so the 1º set was the key point to the defeat of the pros.

For me this match was made to look like it only had 1 set.

PS: If my memory is right, You mentioned in the past that no way Japan can lose this match? or something like that.
If I remember correctly I said that for me there's no reason to Japan play 3º place with USA, and if instead of USA it was Swiss then there would be a reason to Japan lose here and go to 3º place, but go to 3º place to face USA is kinda "useless" i think ? when we could have Ryoma vs Ryoga in the finals

Last edited:

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Well QP is arguably the best player in Germany after his power up, hard to say who's better him or Volk. We could take for example Bismarck being better than the former top 2 of the France (Arguably top 3 if he was still there today).

And here is the thing, whoever plays here possibly will not play in the finals, so in the examples you give, Japan could lost Tane or Irie and then looking at the "top 5 of Japan" 4 could be used here and not used in the finals (Duke, Tane, Oni and Tokugawa) and we don't even know for sure if Irie is as good as the top 5 players of Japan to take on a guy who could beat Duke, so the D1 is a big problem for Japan, unless Konami wants to use again the top 5 so Tane/Tokugawa/Byodoin can play here and in the finals who knows. The 3 MSr that you used as an example I also think would be the best here (the problem being using Shiraishi after he already played against france) What I'm saying is that whoever plays D1 probably can't take Spain because they would be wasted in order to win this match, basically they will drop from 100% to around 50%-70%.

So this opens other questions, is Zeus pro LV? is Noah pro LV? is Byodoin pro LV? is Camus pro LV? because who played against the doubles pros was them, looks like Niou played as himself only in the end to get i think 1 point, and i can go further, is Amadeus pro LV since he lost to an Amateur ? what is pro LV at all ? I guess you're looking at this match with the wrong eyes.

1º set was strange since the pros didn't play serious and "Byodoin" and Duke took the set 6-3

2º set the pros played serious and stomped "Byodoin" and Duke (expected by everyone)

3º set Niou used Zeus to get 1 game and was immediately shot down by Bertie 1-1, Niou used Noah to get 1 game by surprise since Bertie didn't have data on him but even without the data the two pros still could still win 1 game back (since they are pros aka high lv players) and after that Noah still could get 1 more game before Bertie could shot down Noah and Niou needs to change again 3-3, after that Niou used Camus (a pro player since you want so much pros) this way Japan could get to 5-4, then Bertie managed to counter Camus regaining a 5-6 and here Niou needs even more than copying a pro to face 2 pros, he managed a howling with Duke to push into the tiebreak 6-6.

PS: to make this easier to understand think that:
  • Duke and Zeus VS Bertie and Schneider = 1-6
  • Duke and Noah VS Bertie and Schneider = 2-6
  • Duke and Camus (without howling) VS Bertie and Schneider = 2-6
  • Duke and Camus (Howling) VS Bertie and Schneider (Howling ?) = around 2-6 or 3-6 maybe even 6-6 who knows
So basically the pro doubles are superior but Niou take the best of each match up to won the 3º set

Tiebreak: "Camus" and Duke howling managed to balance the game to an 6-5 (and the pros looks like also have a howling ?) and after the 6-5 i don't really get what happened waiting for summary :)

So basically what we can say is that probably the only Double that could have a chance of beating the double pro from Germany was Duke and Niou, because the variability of Niou can counter temporarily Bertie style, and in the end Niou used Camus that perchance could achieve howling with Duke. But let's remember that Japan only won here because the pros didn't play with everything from the start so the 1º set was the key point to the defeat of the pros.

For me this match was made to look like it only had 1 set.

If I remember correctly I said that for me there's no reason to Japan play 3º place with USA, and if instead of USA it was Swiss then there would be a reason to Japan lose here and go to 3º place, but go to 3º place to face USA is kinda "useless" i think ? when we could have Ryoma vs Ryoga in the finals
Well, If Japan Goes to Finals. I am predicting they will lose 0-3 against Spain. Japan was crushed by Switzerland who in turn beaten by Usa who in turn being destroyed by Spain.

Zeus- He is pro level. He easily destroying tane before tane tricked him.

Noah- I bet not. I think he is only on atobes level or slightly above.

Camus- Definitely Pro level. Coach Mifune originally wanted Byodoin to face Camus cause they are threaten.

Byodoin- Pro level. Even Amadeus looks like inferior to him based on their interactions.

Amadeus- Obviously a pro. He is a pro. He lost to a pro level in Ralph Rhineheart.

Ralph- Pro level. Even Ryoga and Ryoma respects him. Ralph can even rival QP.

I define Pro level as " Someone who can beat a Pro" or "Someone who can gave a pro a very hard time" in singles maybe.

For ex. Akutsu is not pro level. He lost to amadeus 1-6. Ryoga is a Pro level cause he can beat most of the pros. Ryoga will beat Amadeus 6-3 I think.

Well yes maybe Nioh is the nemesis of the doubles pro. Coach Mifune and Konami has taught this in advance.

Ryoma Vs Ryoga Can be in Pros. We waited so long for Tezuka vs Yuki. Tezuka vs Fuji official match hasnt happen yet in manga.

Konami will extend the story in Pro league. And the goal is to win the grand slam by ryoma. And the final opponent will be ryoga.
Ryoma must surpass his dad to finish the story.

I think konami has said " The story of Ryoma Echizen is just beginning"

Lupin

Reaction score
Country
Uchiha Clan
Just wanna pop in here and say whew boy I am so incredibly proud of Niou for taking off the mask once and for all and finishing the match as himself. That genuine smile on his face after winning is so heckin beautiful, and it makes me insanely happy each time I look at it. :confetti

(also Yukimura looks ready to cut a b*tch and I'm here for it)

tieuta

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Thank you konomi for making my dream come true after 20 years Tezuka versus Yukimura

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Thank you konomi for making my dream come true after 20 years Tezuka versus Yukimura
I think made it because of our request.

Now, his problem is how the fight will go.

Will it be a landslide,close,or nail biter?

I want tezuka to win but konami may put a plot twist and make Yuki win or atleast draw.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I read some spoilers that inui give yukimura his 3 years of data research in tezuka.

I doubt it will help. Tezuka is antidata player. And he changed a lot

Chapter 297 preview

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Am i only the one that thinks tezuka will win with the way things is happening.

I think this is the most predictable match. Yuki winning and overcoming POP.

But because of his disease, it will cause the match. And Tezuka winning an injury match, after losing the last two with atobe and sanada

LetalHawk

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Why is Yukimura crying? Any translations of that conversation with Kimijima?

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
There will be. The July issue of the magazine is released in June.
I'm glad there's no break at all, this match can perfectly be the best and most epic match in the whole series.

So, Yukimura's level has increased to the point that Tezuka can't use Zone or Phantom at all? Interesting. He's using Nitoryuu, but in a more confusing way than usual, so Tezuka can't react to his next move fast enough to find a counter.

And now he activated TnK, but at this point, Yukimura should be able to counter it without too much problems. Tezuka should use something new that maybe he learned with Volk to actually give trouble to Yukimura.

Friss

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
There will be. The July issue of the magazine is released in June.
Ah I always forget they do the weird month ahead thing. I was just going off a google translate which seemed like it would be back in July.

Why is Yukimura crying? Any translations of that conversation with Kimijima?
From the rough google translations I believe he said that he's fully cured. BUT it could also be that he can't be cured. Either way it's definitely related to his illness. We'll just have to wait for someone that can read Japanese to tell us :)

Either of those outcomes will surely make for a great match here without any asterisks.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Ah I always forget they do the weird month ahead thing. I was just going off a google translate which seemed like it would be back in July.

From the rough google translations I believe he said that he's fully cured. BUT it could also be that he can't be cured. Either way it's definitely related to his illness. We'll just have to wait for someone that can read Japanese to tell us :)

Either of those outcomes will surely make for a great match here without any asterisks.
If I remember, he was going to have another surgery after this tournament to recover completely, Yanagi confirmed it when he played with Mouri.

Yeah, I think that his illness could cost him the match, but ends up being the superior player even if Tezuka wins. It's possible that Yukimura, if fully healed and after all his training, as reached pro level.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I'm glad there's no break at all, this match can perfectly be the best and most epic match in the whole series.

So, Yukimura's level has increased to the point that Tezuka can't use Zone or Phantom at all? Interesting. He's using Nitoryuu, but in a more confusing way than usual, so Tezuka can't react to his next move fast enough to find a counter.

And now he activated TnK, but at this point, Yukimura should be able to counter it without too much problems. Tezuka should use something new that maybe he learned with Volk to actually give trouble to Yukimura.
Because Yukimura is winning early, that means he will lose.

Tezuka is not using YET his zone and Phantom, even his zds and zss. He will use it while in pop.

Yes, obviously volk teach texuka techniqueS and skills superior to TNK.

If I remember, he was going to have another surgery after this tournament to recover completely, Yanagi confirmed it when he played with Mouri.

Yeah, I think that his illness could cost him the match, but ends up being the superior player even if Tezuka wins.
very ironic since tezuka is always the victim of that "superior player but ruined by injuries"

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Because Yukimura is winning early, that means he will lose.

Tezuka is not using YET his zone and Phantom, even his zds and zss. He will use it while in pop.
He can't use them at all. At least Zone, Yukimura's shots are so fast that Tezuka can't properly react and anticipate them, therefore Zone becomes useless.