Spoiler - New Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. May 4th) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Spoiler New Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. May 4th)

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Tech
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
Come here to post any spoilers you find for ShinTenipuri!

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
  • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
  • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
  • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
  • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
  • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
  • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
  • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
  • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
  • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
  • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
  • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
  • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
  • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
  • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
  • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
  • *.usercash.*
    *.linkbucks.*
    *.tinyurl.*
    *.anonym.to/*
    *.xrl.us/*
    *.realfiles.net*
    *.sharecash.*
    *.shorl.com/*
    *.lix.in/*
    *.pgi-shumen.info/*
    *hotfile.com*
    *letitbit.net*
    *depositfiles.com*
    *tiny.cc*
    *uploading.com*
    *ugotfile.com*
    *depositt.blogspot.com*
    *cashfiles.blog.com*
    *snipurl.com*
    *bit.ly*
    *rayfile.com*
    *storage.to*
    *megaupload.com*
    *share-links.biz*
    *doiop.com*
    *filefactory.com*
    *missupload.com*
    *enterupload.com*
    *mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
  • We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers
Credits: Ohana

http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

MangaHelpers

Now Sentient!
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. December 4th)

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]47791[/split]

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. December 4th)

So... German Captain is more pure high stats guy? Just that he can keep up with PoP using nothing show that he is pretty strong, I suppose.

EDIT: Hmm, something weird happen. I post once but it appear on 2 threads. Maybe it's a forum bug?

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. December 4th) - Part 1

It isnt a bug. When a thread ¨ends¨, the forum automatically does a second version of it and carries on the last comment.

Dissapointed with the fact that is a chapter, nice to see an old face and some background of a country... and that's it I guess.

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

It isnt a bug. When a thread ¨ends¨, the forum automatically does a second version of it and carries on the last comment.

Dissapointed with the fact that is a chapter, nice to see an old face and some background of a country... and that's it I guess.
Although, there was a second part of the thread yesterday, but it seemingly got moved back into the old thread and then Ken's post made a new thread.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina

I would guess some comments were deleted... kinda irrelevant to discuss that anyway, nothing was missed lol.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States

I saw someone pointed out that it's pretty hilarous the German old guy was shaking with fear from watching Tezuka getting owned by a random pro player. So this guy has some pro players under contract but must have never saw them play. It's very reminiscient of the generic bystander going 'no ordinary guy can do that', but come on, this guy has pro players under contract. He should at least know what they're capable of!

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------
Is there no translation yet? The bald guy is basically coaching Tezuka. Throughout the match he's saying things like

'watch the position of your elbow'
'your attacks are too bland'
'you need to stay one step ahead of your opponent'
'you can't get caught up over a failed attack. Forgetting your failure is a skill too."

Although there's no score given it's pretty clear the pro guy was owning Tezuka. At the end the captain told Tezuka he needs to work on his lower body stamina. The old German guy wanted to sign Tezuka to a contract but the captain said if Tezuka become a pro right now he'd just get clubbered because he lacks experience playing top players and he should wait until after Tezuka has improved to the next level after Germany won the U17 cup. By the way, Germany has won the last 9 U17 in a row.

QP said that the strongest team to watch for is Switzerland led by a pro player who has the best variety of shots. France has some crazy strategist. USA's captain is said to be someone with 'tremendous willpower and leadership' and a few noteworthy players. Japan is on the rise.

Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

There's a summary on 2ch - I hadn't posted it yet because Sai was too busy to confirm it, but here's some parts of it at least. Take it with a grain of salt for now though.

Supposedly, Germany has won the U17 WC 9 times in a row and they have 3 pro players on the team this year. The captain's name is Volk. Other than that it only mentions what Phantron said about how the old man (he's the chairman of some company it seems) wants to sign Tezuka and Volk advising against it.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States

There's a summary on 2ch - I hadn't posted it yet because Sai was too busy to confirm it, but here's some parts of it at least. Take it with a grain of salt for now though.

Supposedly, Germany has won the U17 WC 9 times in a row and they have 3 pro players on the team this year. The captain's name is Volk. Other than that it only mentions what Phantron said about how the old man (he's the chairman of some company it seems) wants to sign Tezuka and Volk advising against it.
This is the first time the German team had pro players. Switzerland has a pro player too (and biggest threat according to QP). No other player was mentioned as a pro. France, Switzerland, and USA had players mentioned by name (1 each, presumably the captain of each nation). Nobody on Team Japan was referred to by name (QP just said Japan is getting stronger).

---------- Post added at 02:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

One thing that always intrigue me is how the events in the previous years of U17 cup could possibly lead to the current result. Why did Oni quit from being #1? How come nobody but a few guys on the U17 team knew of Oni's true power when he was the #1 player 2 years ago? Why is Byodouin a world-class player and yet Japan still a nobody in the international stage? Well now that we at least know who are the strongest nations in the world of NPOT, here's my take on how the past 2 years could've unfolded:

2 years ago

Oni led Team Japan against the defending champion Team Germany in first round due to a bad draw. Although Oni was able to hold his own with Kishin before inevitably losing 6-4 6-4 in S1, the rest of Team Japan was not so lucky. Ban, a reserve on the team, graciously offered free coffins for all the deceased. This encounter killed everyone who saw Oni's full power aside from Byodouin, who was still training back in the U17 camp. Realizing tennis can only lead to death and destruction, Oni resigned his position as #1 after returning home.

1 year ago

The new team Japan led by Byodouin had an easier draw this time and eventually runs into Team France in the quarter finals. Byodouin decided to play D1 with Duke in a typical lineup trickery (and some poor guy died in S1 matchup), but it turned out the opponent had 2 glowing shot guys for their D1 team because the strategist (I think it's Camus) of Team France saw through Team Japan's lineup trickery. Although Byodouin was a superior player to either of the opponents with his Pirates power, his opponents capitalized on Duke as the weak link. Just as one of them was about to finish Duke off with a glowing shot, Byodouin took a hit with his back which is how he got his scar and end up having to forfeit the match. He realized that had he just left Duke to die he could've eventually won 1on2 like Atobe will have done an year from now and Japan would be in the semi finals, so he vowed to never let silly things like friendship getting in the way of tennis.

Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

I'm not sure Oni ever participated in a WC. Or if he did, Japan lost very early on before facing the actual power nations. Byoudouin got past the weak nations and then got destroyed by Reinhardt or Volk or whoever. As for why nobody besides Byoudouin saw Kijin before, look at the current selection - it's all 3rd years with the exception of Mouri, they aren't in the camp anymore.

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

Actual summary translation from Sai:
-Germany, France and Switzerland have one pro each.
-Tezuka was training to be a German rep right from the start.
-The sponsor wants to give Tezuka a contract right after seeing the practice match, but Volk says that Tezuka lacks experience and that he should wait until after Germany has dominated the WC.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States

I think it's just very mysterious how Oni suddenly just stopped trying to improve himself after his first year and yet it doesn't look like a typical case where he played against someone who was way too good and just got discouraged. Maybe Team Japan was just so bad that he felt no motivation to continue trying since no matter what he did, the team was still doomed to lose? It seems to me Byoduoin and Oni can at least hold their own against the top players in the world. Might not be able to win, but it's not a hopeless match either.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England

Looks like Germany, France and Switzerland are the top 3 Nations. Is Volk the pro or just team captain?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Yeah, I don't think they'd lose horribly by any means. As for Oni, I think the rest of the Japanese team was just that weak at the time he was No. 1, so he realized that in order for Japan to stand a chance on the world stage he'd have to make the rest of the team stronger rather than himself (since it's a team competition after all). After Tokugawa joined the team, Oni might've thought that he'd be unable to train up a good enough team in time for his third year, but that he'd be able to do it in time for Tokugawa's final year or something.

So basically Oni sacrificed a lot of his own growth (I don't think he completely stopped improving, he just improved slower than he would have normally) for the sake of the entire nation.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia

I'm sure the captains of every team are all world class players. Byodoin and Oni have been mentioned to be the first HSers since (probably) Nanjiro to be top tier tennis players. If Byodoin wasn't strong, he shouldn't even be No.1. We all know Byodoin is professional material. He's leading the Japan team, that's why the Japanese team are getting stronger.

Every time you have a match with someone strong, it only makes you want to become stronger...unless you were so traumatized that you quit. Like all the weak opponents of Byodoin. I'm sure the other captains would give Byodoin/Oni a tough time.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England

Yeah, I don't think they'd lose horribly by any means. As for Oni, I think the rest of the Japanese team was just that weak at the time he was No. 1, so he realized that in order for Japan to stand a chance on the world stage he'd have to make the rest of the team stronger rather than himself (since it's a team competition after all). After Tokugawa joined the team, Oni might've thought that he'd be unable to train up a good enough team in time for his third year, but that he'd be able to do it in time for Tokugawa's final year or something.

So basically Oni sacrificed a lot of his own growth (I don't think he completely stopped improving, he just improved slower than he would have normally) for the sake of the entire nation.
Well he did just get a massive power up in his last. Do you think Oni is the strongest Japan rep?

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Well he did just get a massive power up in his last. Do you think Oni is the strongest Japan rep?
No. I think as far as pure skill is concerned, Tokugawa is the strongest, but factoring in experience from top level matches it's Byoudouin in my eyes.

I wonder if Byoudouin's new World Techniques are from those countries' top level players that he defeated on the expedition.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England

No. I think as far as pure skill is concerned, Tokugawa is the strongest, but factoring in experience from top level matches it's Byoudouin in my eyes.

I wonder if Byoudouin's new World Techniques are from those countries' top level players that he defeated on the expedition.
Even though Oni has POP?

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Even though Oni has POP?
Yeah, I don't think TnK!Oni is stronger than Kijin!Oni, or if he is it's not by a significant amount.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain

So basically in this World Cup Japan has a better chance. Maybe here is what Mifune said that the Golden Age of Tennis (the MS) would change the tennis world. So I have hopes in the MS and I think that they will make Japan win the world cup this time and that they'll play in the end with the HS division. The only way this is possible is because of their fast growth.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand

So Germany=New Rikkai.

But this time, strongest players hype wise seem to go to the 3 pro players. Maybe there won't be Sanada/Yukimura pair.

Design wise I like Reinhardt more than Volk though. But I'm guessing Volk seems stronger... currently anyways. Hoping that Reinhardt will turns out to be stronger in the end though.