Spoiler - New Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. May 4th) | Page 85 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Spoiler New Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. May 4th)

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Hyped for Niou. I hope he doesn't just copy people that would be cool paired with Duke, but rather finishes the match as himself.

Even if farfetched and convoluted, I like the idea of him being the Duke we saw talking to Camus. It does sound more Niou-like than just watching and taking notes. I don't think Camus being perceptive has anything to do with it, Niou's copies are basically perfect atm. Hell, in the Nationals he would had fooled Fuji if it wasn't for the ZSS (and the Illusion was his best friend, lol).

Almost everybody was thinking in this doubles pair will face Tokuwaga and Yukimura..
I think most people in the prophet thread actually didn't pair them together haha. After all, Yukimura and Tokugawa were doing singles practice together. I imagine Yuki will play in this round, Toku in the finals.

Seakay

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I like the Duke/Niou pairing here. I was hoping Niou would have a chance to play here or in the finals, so we could see how well his copying could work this late in the tournament for Team Japan. Their opponents were unexpected though but it does avoid having Duke play against Bismarck again. I wonder if Germany does win this match, then would Volk play Singles 2 to try and complete the sweep. We know from Zeus that players can switch in the line-up, so maybe we'll have Byodouin (or Tokugawa?) versus Volk happen earlier. That said, maybe Tezuka does play Singles 1 then if Volk switches with his Singles 2 spot.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Even if farfetched and convoluted, I like the idea of him being the Duke we saw talking to Camus. It does sound more Niou-like than just watching and taking notes. I don't think Camus being perceptive has anything to do with it, Niou's copies are basically perfect atm. Hell, in the Nationals he would had fooled Fuji if it wasn't for the ZSS (and the Illusion was his best friend, lol).
I'm not sure how you arrive at this conclusion. Niou played neither Tezuka nor Shiraishi before the nationals finals, he didn't play Kikumaru after Kikumaru had learned how to synchronize with Oishi, and to the best of our knowledge, he hasn't played against Kabaji either. What's more, if you're willing to give the anime credit on this, Niou was watching Tezuka's old matches from a recording. Watching and taking notes strikes me as much more Niou-like from what we've seen so far.

As far as fooling Camus is concerned, Niou shouldn't be able to replicate Duke's power, and Duke wouldn't have had any reason to hold his power back against Camus either. Even if Camus couldn't tell based on the aura his opponent was giving off, it'd be pretty strange if he didn't notice something was up based on skill.

I wonder if Germany does win this match, then would Volk play Singles 2 to try and complete the sweep. We know from Zeus that players can switch in the line-up, so maybe we'll have Byodouin (or Tokugawa?) versus Volk happen earlier. That said, maybe Tezuka does play Singles 1 then if Volk switches with his Singles 2 spot.
Well, we don't actually know if the switching rule is still in effect or if it only applied during the group league. It's pretty much the same dilemma we faced during the last round against France. Although, Camus not switching with Osval (or even considering it) may imply that it's no longer possible.

Leaving that aside, I feel like Duke and Niou actually have a pretty good chance of winning here. Both lost during the group league (Duke factually and Niou would have if he hadn't switched out) and it's also common for the team that lost the first match of a round to win the second.

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
So did Oni lose?

ChinkyCandie

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Niou could become Duke too with Illusion and take advantage of Duke's power. Although that may injure Niou.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Included in this month's issue are two posters showing the middle schoolers three years from now, and the high schoolers three years ago respectively. Thanks to @kashewmoo for sharing.

From left to right:
Sengoku, Oshitari, Fuji, Marui, Yukimura, Yanagi, Kintarou, Sanada, Echizen, Kite, Atobe, Kirihara, Shiraishi, Niou

From left to right:
Irie, Ochi, Tanegashima, Ohmagari, Tokugawa, Tohno, Byoudouin, Watanabe, Oni, Kimijima, Mouri

Apparently Irie and Tanegashima went to the same middle school, specifically it seems to be Maikozaka (Kansai).

LetalHawk

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Love this, almost all of the Msers change drastically. Yukimura, Atobe, Kite, Kirihara, Yanagi and Oshitari changed a lot in three years.

Also, all of the Hsers three years ago looked a lot different (especially Duke, Kimijima, Oni, Tane and Ohmagari).

I'm gonna make a list about the ranking of the Msers in the Genius 10, three years from now on, based on pure assumption:

No.14: Sengoku
No.13: Marui
No.12: Oshitari
No.11: Kite
No.10: Yanagi
No.9: Niou
No.8: Kirihara
No.7: Shiraishi
No.6: Fuji
No.5: Sanada
No.4: Atobe
No.3: Yukimura
No.2: Kintarou
No.1: Ryoma

Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm gonna make a list about the ranking of the Msers in the Genius 10, three years from now on, based on pure assumption:
If you guys want to discuss this topic further, please use this thread (not exactly three years from now, but it's close enough).

ChinkyCandie

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
3 years ago, Irie was a midget. Yukimura looks more manly in 3 years.

felixng2011

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Niou is way too stupidly broken he can even copy Kijin geez. He should be able to copy POP too

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
But I thought Oni losing to QP was impossible and anyone who voted that option was stupid.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
But I thought Oni losing to QP was impossible and anyone who voted that option was stupid.
I know which posts you are referring to, but just like those posts didn't carry the tone we're looking for here, as noted at the time, this isn't respectful either. So please refrain from making this kind of statement, whether retaliatory or otherwise.

luffy10

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
guys any update on english releases? they seem to have stopped with mangastream shutting down. Stuck at 250

Jyzun

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
guys any update on english releases? they seem to have stopped with mangastream shutting down. Stuck at 250
Really wondering about this aswell..

Do you have any new information regarding this? @Kaoz

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Mangastream shutting down has nothing to do with the releases. Gotta be patient, they usually come in pretty big batches anyway.

LetalHawk

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Probably they stopped translating because they need new translators and they have to recruit new members. I’m sure that they’ll be back again at it soon.

Friss

Reaction score
Country
United States

After school feb
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

So predictions of Ryoga to Spain were all correct (big surprise)

Giant Marshmallow man too strong

Last edited: