Character Next Underdeveloped character to get focus?

Who should be the next one to get focus?

• Total voters

KuwabaraTheMan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Over the past few months we've seen Krauser, and soon Yamato get additional focus and development after having been largely undeveloped characters in the original series. So, I was wondering which of the characters who haven't gotten much development so far people would like to see get focus next (not necessarily which ones you think are likely, although I limited the poll to characters who have shown up in the current series).

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Zaizen. He is popular and is supposed to be a genius

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I also hope it's Zaizen, the databooks only show '?'`s for his techniques, so I'm really curious what he can do.

Bowser

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sengoku!! Whatever happened to him :S. But yes, go go Zaizen!

KuwabaraTheMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
I figure Zaizen is the most likely character to get expanded on, but I'm not necessarily in a rush to see another genius type character.

Sengoku!! Whatever happened to him :S. But yes, go go Zaizen!
Sengoku's not really undeveloped, though. He had multiple shown matches and was a pretty well established character.

Bowser

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dubbed national level, junior selection level, treated like fodder against Kamio and Momo, then wins against...Richard. He's shown us his skill but yet to demonstrate why he was chosen to be JS level. He got beat by Tokyo level Momo for god sake! I'd like to call Sengoku a stepping stone character. Poor guy. I think Konomi will show a match between him and somebody else some day.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I suppose he has a shot at singles 3 when the 6th court gets a team shuffle. He'd have to compete with Fuji, Oshitari, Hirakoba and Yagyuu for the spot though.

Bowser

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I suppose Sengoku has a good shot at Hirakoba though, his motion vision = see through Habu which is just about what Hirakoba only has. And maybe maybe Shukuchihou...but yeah, would suck if Sengoku can even get trolled by some Higa Chuu player (not including Kite)

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
To be fair, Hirakoba is pretty good himself. In general Higa didn't have enough matches either to give an accurate idea of what they are capable of. They stomped Rokkaku and lost to Seigaku, maybe it was just bad luck.

That being said, it's a shame that none of the original Nagoya players were invited into the camp (but Jimis, Yuuta, Richard and Kadowaki were >_>).

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I'd like to see Court 2 VS Court 6. In Court 6 there are 2 monsters and very good players for doubles
Court 6 regulars are pretty obvious:
In Singles, Yukimira, Fuji and Sengoku
In Doubles, mix Yagyyu, Oshitari, Bunta and Kikumaru

Amane, Chinen and for me even Rin shouldn't be in U-17. And IMAO, Kamio got more screentime that he deserves

Ootori may be useless without Shishido, except maybe in a good combi with Kikumaru. It's for me illogical that with that serve he can not play singles right. In the whole PoT, nobody has been able ever to break a serve of Ootori: Inui-Kaidoh get 0-40,and then lose the match; and VS Golden Pair they reached the tiebreak and even Synchro couldn't help them against Neo Scud Serve

Bowser

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Amanes pretty good you know. He got beat only cuz Momo outfooled him and Higa did have the surprise element. Back then had it been a single match, Amane would have trashed Kawamura and Momo no problem.

Bet Chinen would probably be able to beat a lot of the players in the nationals with just the Shukuchihou. Even the Nagoya lot...well maybe. Rin easily deserves to be in the camp. He was unlucky to be facing of Fuji and he didnt show it against Rokkaku. Why isn't Aoi or Saeki at the camp?!

Syncro as the name suggests syncronizes the players. They can't do everything in Syncro you know.

KuwabaraTheMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Agreed on Amane. He's a pretty underrated character and I hope he'll get a chance to show off his potential here. Kadowaki is the main one who sticks out to me as not really being deserving of getting invited to the camp, but it's obvious that he's just there as a joke, anyway.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Bet Chinen would probably be able to beat a lot of the players in the nationals with just the Shukuchihou. Even the Nagoya lot...well maybe.
Yeah, Higa was really unlucky with the opponent, I think they would have easily reached the QF otherwise, Shukuchihou is just that good.

Syncro as the name suggests syncronizes the players. They can't do everything in Syncro you know.
I think we went over this many times before, can't we at least rest the case until someone uses it again?

Kadowaki is the main one who sticks out to me as not really being deserving of getting invited to the camp, but it's obvious that he's just there as a joke, anyway.
It's kinda sad that we get a joke character in a selection of 50 out of ~100-150(?).
I also didn't think Kurobane was better than Saeki... all I really want is to see the original Nagoya, they stomped everyone they faced except Sengoku (vice-captain lost 4-6 there).

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Sengoku really needs to shine. He changed his tennis after a defeat... But it was in Kanto or Nationals?

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
After he lost vs Kamio in Kanto.

steelwingcrash1

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Zaizen? Despite him being a genius, he only insulted Kawamura as a 'deadweight'. He really needs to show his mettle and abilities inside the court.

Also, Krauser seems to be a little too... stubborn in his Default by Crucifixion move. Maybe the author should start giving him better opportunities to grow because his personality is pretty intriguing.

Fuji Shusuke

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I reckon Synchro is a Muga no Kyochi shared between two people. Oishi had damaged his wrist and somehow hit a heavy ball enough to bow away a racquet in Synchro.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I reckon Synchro is a Muga no Kyochi shared between two people. Oishi had damaged his wrist and somehow hit a heavy ball enough to bow away a racquet in Synchro.
No he didn't, the OVA exaggerated it quite a bit.