No Rainbows. No Cats. No Nyans~ | Page 84 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

No Rainbows. No Cats. No Nyans~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: This is a terrible vacation!

That is the greatest clip in the history of Family Guy clips. Why isn't it a meme yet? Can we officially call to much of a useless thing "to many ostriches" from now on?

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

re: gintama

yeah maybe buying the volumes is a good idea since the Edited Mangas skip?

oh and re: Kurumi
I actually don't give a f*ck. hahahahaha. I don't care about her at all lol.

oh and I wanted to ask you if you've ever been familiar about the whole Hana Yori Dango franchise? It made big waves in the Philippines, see- and Taiwanese and Japanese and Korean Live-action of the series was really the reason. The Taiwanese series made it big here, and so when the Jap version was made it was also shown here, and then the Korean one.

well I decided to give this manga a shot. I'd been in love with the dramas for a while, and the manga doesn't disappoint either. @_@ gosh I have so many recs for you now, tiff. It's like a blatant difference between our lives- I have so much time on my hands just reading manga >.<

AlB

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Georgia
Re: The story of the story is the story~

Hi AlB! Welcome! :hug

Let's see, I got the custom title 'Drama Llama' from M3J. He called someone (3c, i think?) a 'Drama Llama' and I thought it was funny, so I made it my custom title. Sorry the story behind it isn't better. :p But I think it really means someone who likes to cause drama, which actually couldn't be further from the truth for me. I enjoy things to be simple and harmonious. I just want everyone to be happy, you know? :amuse

Anyway, sorry I changed my custom title today. Didn't have anything to do with your post, though, since I didn't see it until just after. :sweat But it was time for a change~
thnx :smile-big

oh well, I just remembered damn funny cartoon I watched when I was a kid (like I'm mature now... oh well :p) it's called Emperor's New Groove and the main char gets turned into Llama. It's funny as hell :amuse

good thing I can't set my custom title... you don't wanna know what I could come up with my twisted, limited fantasy (in all honesty... neither do I :darn)

That is the greatest clip in the history of Family Guy clips. Why isn't it a meme yet? Can we officially call to much of a useless thing "to many ostriches" from now on?
"ostriches" sure is great clip but those two moments I love most of all :amuse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zco0K5rdvw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU6xPxrEhyU

Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

The new Iron and Wine album is amazing. Remind me to post a link in IRC tonight.

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

Also the parrot guy, don't forget about the parrot guy, he is seriously awesome
I didn't forget! You're right, he's awesome too. :XD

Drakno said:
I think they look pretty good together, it's an unorthodox pair considering their dates and way of doing things but that doesn't mean they are great as a pair.
Yup, I completely agree. Their unorthodox ways for doing everything make them great, but I also love the way they balance each other out. It makes them more interesting to read about/watch.

Drakno said:
so no matter the sign you would still have a pair of horns huh :oh, wel I also don't believe that the position of the stars affect the fate of half a billion people for some reason but I like the idea of my new star sign being a chimera between a snake and a scorpion, sounds like the No1 predator to me (plus I never liked sagittarius much as a sign, he is the chimera between a man and an ass)
I guess I can't avoid the horns no matter what. :p Regarding zodiac signs/horoscopes in general, here's some other food for thought: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forer_effect ;)

Drakno said:
they have already said that it's the 12 zodiac keys but something like the 13th key would be epic, Lucy is pretty much a side character considering she was supposed to be the main char, I mean we have Natsu, Gray, Erza and all these other epic characters that make Lucy seem like she is only there to observe the story. Don't get me wrong she is pretty strong alright and we have seen some great fights from her but apart from her cosplays she really doesn't leave much of an impression
Yeah, I was never really all that impressed with Lucy either. (Even though I dropped FT quite a while ago. :p) Erza was such a much more interesting female character for me. Are you still reading it? I've heard the current arc is pretty awesome. Not sure if I'll ever pick it up again regardless, but just wondering. :p

That is such a great idea! :nuts I'm using this from now on. Even if it doesn't catch on, I don't care. It's epic! :shakefist So much better than some of the lame memes out there. :noworry

re: gintama

yeah maybe buying the volumes is a good idea since the Edited Mangas skip?

oh and re: Kurumi
I actually don't give a f*ck. hahahahaha. I don't care about her at all lol.

oh and I wanted to ask you if you've ever been familiar about the whole Hana Yori Dango franchise? It made big waves in the Philippines, see- and Taiwanese and Japanese and Korean Live-action of the series was really the reason. The Taiwanese series made it big here, and so when the Jap version was made it was also shown here, and then the Korean one.

well I decided to give this manga a shot. I'd been in love with the dramas for a while, and the manga doesn't disappoint either. @_@ gosh I have so many recs for you now, tiff. It's like a blatant difference between our lives- I have so much time on my hands just reading manga >.<
Awww, I can't believe you don't have the same love for Kurumi's character. Yeah, she's a bitch, but she's still so good! Oh well. :p

Hana Yori Dango, huh? I've heard of it, but haven't read. I don't really do dramas either. :p If you recommend it, I'll gladly add it to my list. But I think I want to read either Please Save My Earth or Kimi wa Petto (two of your other recs) first. :tem

good thing I can't set my custom title... you don't wanna know what I could come up with my twisted, limited fantasy (in all honesty... neither do I :darn)
<hr noshade size="1">

"ostriches" sure is great clip but those two moments I love most of all :amuse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zco0K5rdvw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU6xPxrEhyU
I can totally understand where you're coming from. I often run across things that I think would make a hilarious custom title (or ask-me thread title), but they're almost always too inappropriate. :XD

Nice clips, too. :amuse

The new Iron and Wine album is amazing. Remind me to post a link in IRC tonight.
Thank you again for the link! :glomp Already told you this, but I loooove it. :love

Reactions: AlB

igotthegoods

The Giggs
Reaction score
Country
United States

:rofl

Love this one from the related videos (especially since we were showing Family Guy clips :tem).

Drakno

Reaction score
Country
Greece

I guess I can't avoid the horns no matter what. :p Regarding zodiac signs/horoscopes in general, here's some other food for thought: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forer_effect ;)
I had already heard about this one, I am somewhat of a philosophy and psychology fan so it's right up my alley

Yeah, I was never really all that impressed with Lucy either. (Even though I dropped FT quite a while ago. :p) Erza was such a much more interesting female character for me. Are you still reading it? I've heard the current arc is pretty awesome. Not sure if I'll ever pick it up again regardless, but just wondering. :p
I am still reading it and I really suggest picking it up again, FT is great if not for anything else for the greatly touching emotionally strong moments it offers, especially the one of Makarov at Natsu's latest fight

Last edited:

AlB

Reaction score
Country
Georgia

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

Howl! :fangirl

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Has your vacation improved?

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States

What do you think about the latest episode of Madoka?

If they make a Kyubei plushie, I wouldn't buy it because I would be creep out. :s

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

eh.,.. you're watching Madoka? i'd been planning to watch it but so far I'd been busy reading manga :sweatdrop

igotthegoods

The Giggs
Reaction score
Country
United States

I had already heard about this one, I am somewhat of a philosophy and psychology fan so it's right up my alley
Ah, I should've known. Excellent. :amuse

Drakno said:
I am still reading it and I really suggest picking it up again, FT is great if not for anything else for the greatly touching emotionally strong moments it offers, especially the one of Makarov at Natsu's latest fight
Well, I guess I hadn't 'officially' dropped it although I wasn't really planning on reading any more of it. But from what I've heard lately from a lot of people, I'm considering picking it back up at some point. I know, right? I am actually intrigued again. We'll see, though. It's pretty low on my priority list so it's doubtful that it would happen anytime soon, if at all. :p

You'll like this too :amuse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184

and couple of The Simpson's :p don't know if you ever watched them, they were great but now they just fail :notrust those 2 clips are still funny though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqmHXnryakA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-TZ8Z5S9rI
:rofl

Thanks! I love the Simpsons, too! A clip of one of my favorite characters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqImkDgDwHU
I know! I love my current set so much! :luv You're reading Kuragehime too, right? Are you watching the anime as well?

Has your vacation improved?
A little bit. There are still too many ostriches! Even though there are less of them now, it still feels like they're everywhere! :crying Do you have any suggestions to help me?

Actually, I've been back to work for a week now. Same old stuff, of course. But!... at least I'm on day 2 of a 3-day weekend. So, things are ok at the moment. :amuse I'm just not looking forward to working 6 days in a row starting Tuesday. :darn

What do you think about the latest episode of Madoka?

If they make a Kyubei plushie, I wouldn't buy it because I would be creep out. :s
I haven't watched anymore eps past #4, so I'm not caught up. Sorry! :paperbag But I may watch tonight or tomorrow if I have a chance.

I agree about the Kyubei plushie, though. That would be suuuper creepy! Has he seemed to get any more evil in the latest episodes?

eh.,.. you're watching Madoka? i'd been planning to watch it but so far I'd been busy reading manga :sweatdrop
Yup, it's interesting. It's SHAFT after all, so the animation is what you would expect. I'm not totally sure if I love it yet, but it's entertaining at the very least. I'm going to keep watching. I'll let you know if it's worth it and you can keep recommending manga to me. :XD

On that subject, I started Piano no Mori tonight. Read the first few chapters so far and I really like it. Kai totally reminds me of Nodame (the character) so far. They're both kind of that musical genius type that marches to the beat of their own drum. Anyway, gonna try and get through at least a couple of volumes before tomorrow. :3

Last edited:

Drakno

Reaction score
Country
Greece

Well, I guess I hadn't 'officially' dropped it although I wasn't really planning on reading any more of it. But from what I've heard lately from a lot of people, I'm considering picking it back up at some point. I know, right? I am actually intrigued again. We'll see, though. It's pretty low on my priority list so it's doubtful that it would happen anytime soon, if at all. :p
I really see no reason you shouldn't pick it up again, it's really really good after all

A little bit. There are still too many ostriches! Even though there are less of them now, it still feels like they're everywhere! :crying Do you have any suggestions to help me?
You do realize that ostrich meat is edible right?

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States

I haven't watched anymore eps past #4, so I'm not caught up. Sorry! :paperbag But I may watch tonight or tomorrow if I have a chance.

I agree about the Kyubei plushie, though. That would be suuuper creepy! Has he seemed to get any more evil in the latest episodes?
Yes, he has. They even have a close-up to his face, which makes it creepier. :s

Kyubei eats the used-up grief seeds and his mouth is on his back (the red circle). We also found out that when he creates magical girls, he separate their souls from their bodies and placed their souls into the soul gems. If the soul gem got separated from a magical girl's body (100 m away), the girl will become a lifeless body. In other word, they are like zombies.

When the girls found out about this and freaked out, he wondered why they were acting that way. In other words, he doesn't understand emotions.

At this rate, I don't think Madoka will become a magical girl until the very end.

BTW, someone made a parody of the opening. Kyubey is a pervert. :XD

This comic is also hilarious.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

I'm actually starting Otoyomegatari tonight, thanks to benelori's rec. ^^

if you liked Cross Game, you'd like H2. Who was it that said H2 was better and I kinda agree? was it you, Kait?

and I don't watch the Kuragehime anime. I'm actually wondering how far ahead it is than the manga? or are they just neck and neck like Arakawa?

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Hello Goodsy! I'm really glad we share similar music tastes so I'll ask some questions about it. :music

1. Who is (are) your favourite artist(s)?
  2. What did you listen to growing up?
  3. Are there any good music sites/blogs you like to visit?

Drakno

Reaction score
Country
Greece

I have a question that is totally unrelated to you Tiff so I hope you won't take this as spam. Asarii, your nickname is from mass effect right?

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

tiffany, was it you or kaiten who had a sig of "Goodnight Punpun"?

Status
Not open for further replies.