If you love a trashy thing, then it's really a treasure. | Page 35 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

If you love a trashy thing, then it's really a treasure.

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Sorry for my lack of response this last month, Jamms (have been stalked with exams season) I will be replying everything to you tomorrow.

I do have to let you know that sadly I'm almost caught up with Yashahime, and that my pain grows more every week. So here a little spam-gift to remember the old good Inuyasha days, we can try together to pretend that this series never happened when it finishes.

(what current anime series are you actually enjoying this season, by the way?).

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Such lovely Inuyasha art. And, yeah, it's going to be great when we can start shoveling dirt on Yashahime and move on.

As for what anime series I'm enjoying, I think you can guess which one I'm not, in addition to the obvious good ones (ReZero, Jujutsu Kaisen, Mushoku Tensei) I actually am really enjoying Kumo desu ga nani ka? It's not the best adaptation ever (bad CG is plentiful) but the main character is just so fun and having Aoi Yuuki voice her was a stroke of genius. That casting could not be more perfect. She strikes me as a character you'd really like too.

The other one that turned out really great was Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari. Comically long name aside, it's been a pretty hilarious comedy which has just been a lot better than I think anybody expected.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Never feel like you have to respond to me Revs. I'm not going anywhere, unless the next episode of Yashahime actually kills me. Regardless, exams must come first!
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Found some good stuff @revo @Purity of Magi. Have either of you ever heard of Beware of the Villainess? If not you should check it out.

My synopsis goes like this. Overworked Korean College girl dies and ends up in the body of the villain from a otome game. But the extra twist is all the love interests are absolute trash whom she hates with the burning heat of a thousand suns and takes it upon herself to protect the heroine from these bastard losers. The facial expressions alone make it absolutely wonderful.

Somebody on Reddit made this.

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yeah, I know I'm in the minority with that. But if that had been my first exposure to fate I'm not sure I'd be as into it as I am. It was a very well made anime but the story just didn't pull me in the same way Fate Stay did. For one thing Saber isn't nearly as interesting without her character arc that takes place in Fate Stay. Though since I read the novel first it also had the prequel disadvantage, where I know full well how it was going to end. So the suspense was pretty limited unlike Fate Stay.

And, yes, I'm still an Apocrypha apologist. Not going to pretend Seig wasn't crap. But that lineup of servants... Moedred. Achillies. Charon. Vlad. Frankenstein. Jeanne. Astolpho. Atalanta. Siegfried(not to be confused with Sieg who totally sucked). There was a lot of fun to be had there.

Anyway, read anything new you like recently?
Well in all fairness, Saber is a very different character in Fate/Zero. She's always been portrayed to be rather ruthless and stuff (in her actual life), so her being all "honor above all" makes not much sense in hindsight. Feels like Urobuchi got a bit of a wrong impression of her there. She's a much more boring character in Zero for sure.
And no doubt knowing how it all plays out didn't help your enjoyment, but I think it's just not really your kind of show (from the impression I got). Which is perfectly fine ofc.

Hmmmm I'm with you on that for some characters, for others not so much. Chiron always bored me for some reason. Vlad wasn't bad at all, but badly handled in the series. Atalanta got very cringe for me with this whole kids and Jack thing. Sumanai didn't show much either before he died either. Jeanne was so-so for me, I totally see the appeal and I like her as a character, but she was also somewhat boring in Apocrypha I think. The rest I'm with you all the way.

And I haven't picked up a new manga in quite some time now, besides Chainsaw Man (which I enjoyed but you not so much I think?). If we ignore that, I'm not even sure what the last one I picked up was lol. Perhaps the Fate manga even haha... Which is called "Teito Seihai Kitan: Fate/Type Redline" if you're curious. Pretty cool and relatively short still, so I would recommend that actually :nod

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well in all fairness, Saber is a very different character in Fate/Zero. She's always been portrayed to be rather ruthless and stuff (in her actual life), so her being all "honor above all" makes not much sense in hindsight. Feels like Urobuchi got a bit of a wrong impression of her there. She's a much more boring character in Zero for sure.
And no doubt knowing how it all plays out didn't help your enjoyment, but I think it's just not really your kind of show (from the impression I got). Which is perfectly fine ofc.

Hmmmm I'm with you on that for some characters, for others not so much. Chiron always bored me for some reason. Vlad wasn't bad at all, but badly handled in the series. Atalanta got very cringe for me with this whole kids and Jack thing. Sumanai didn't show much either before he died either. Jeanne was so-so for me, I totally see the appeal and I like her as a character, but she was also somewhat boring in Apocrypha I think. The rest I'm with you all the way.

And I haven't picked up a new manga in quite some time now, besides Chainsaw Man (which I enjoyed but you not so much I think?). If we ignore that, I'm not even sure what the last one I picked up was lol. Perhaps the Fate manga even haha... Which is called "Teito Seihai Kitan: Fate/Type Redline" if you're curious. Pretty cool and relatively short still, so I would recommend that actually :nod
I liked Chainsaw Man, I didn't love it though. It was like Jujutsu Kaisen for me. There are things I like about and things that I do not. I'll give Redline a shot. As soon as I get done with Villainess.

Which is amazing by the way. I know there is a certain skepticism about shoujo sometimes but trust me this the good stuff. You should check it out.

Reactions: Nii

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Found some good stuff @revo @Purity of Magi. Have either of you ever heard of Beware of the Villainess? If not you should check it out.

My synopsis goes like this. Overworked Korean College girl dies and ends up in the body of the villain from a otome game. But the extra twist is all the love interests are absolute trash whom she hates with the burning heat of a thousand suns and takes it upon herself to protect the heroine from these bastard losers. The facial expressions alone make it absolutely wonderful.

Along ago i recommend that in discord to the girls
No respond have been meet :emocat
So i guess u can say revy familiar with it with looks

Melissa is the best

This post made by the translators is the best too
Bring out the sass of everyone here

Nine is the cutest btw

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
U know what, considering you liked that, I'm gonna start recommend you my shit
Especially if it's romances, even better if it's villaness tag
I basically almost read everything in that
Never enough
I'm lonely jammin, I'm in need of someone to meme with

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
So i guess u can say revy familiar with it with looks

Melissa is the best

This post made by the translators is the best too
Bring out the sass of everyone here

Nine is the cutest btw

Well you've got my support now. Melissa's awesome.

Villainess? Like our Bakarina?
Like that but where Bakarina is nice and has a good relationship with the love interests. Melissa is filled with, well deserved, violent hatred for them. She's more like a female Kazuma trapped in otome hell.

U know what, considering you liked that, I'm gonna start recommend you my shit
Especially if it's romances, even better if it's villaness tag
I basically almost read everything in that
Never enough
I'm lonely jammin, I'm in need of someone to meme with
Please do. If Bakarina and Melissa are a taste of what's available there I definitely want more. I'm on chapter 23 right now it's just fantastic.

Melissa really is just a joy to behold.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Villainess? Like our Bakarina?
Oh no, there a special spot for bakarina
I mean, she is bakarina
If you want one just like her, i mean as dumb as her
There one called The Villainess, Cecilia Sylvie, Doesn't Want to Die so She Decided to Crossdress

tho bakarina is way better in that aspect

But if you want one with as much oblivious as bakarina in her life (not related to only romance, more like her health, everyone thinks she on death doors etc but she not..)
Ok i really really recommend this one,
It's called when the Villainess Loves

We also have boob window here

The fandom just love to shit on his style
now boob window a meme there

Asako be like:

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Our Bakarina isn’t dumb. :‘(

Female Kazuma sounds pretty close to the perfect anime character.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Well you've got my support now. Melissa's awesome.

Like that but where Bakarina is nice and has a good relationship with the love interests. Melissa is filled with, well deserved, violent hatred for them. She's more like a female Kazuma trapped in otome hell.

Please do. If Bakarina and Melissa are a taste of what's available there I definitely want more. I'm on chapter 23 right now it's just fantastic.

Melissa really is just a joy to behold.

Well if you want sass then i could recommend this one
I’ll Just Live on as a Villainess

it isn't as queen as melissa considering as you said she kinda is a kazuma but she have sass
We also have a cute doggy that called harry but actually a demon

If you want one with that have as many references to other series as beware of the villaness and zs much hilariousness than i recommend Miss Not-So Sidekick

Not to mention that the naming of the side characters are hilarious, they basically words like baldy or sth
Or nicknames by latte witj references

Not to mention the fandom like this

If you do read it tho, once you reached all the chapter in mangadex tell me so i can redirect you to the rest considering there a chance you won't be able to find where the rest is
Right now we in chapter 135 while mangadex have only the first 113 i think

Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'll look some of it over.

The ones I'm currently into that are otome game/villianess themed are..

Beware the Villainess (MC is female Kazuma trapped in an otome game)
Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shite shimatta... (MC, Bakarina of course, is the female dense harem protagonist accidentally romancing everybody.)
The Villainess's Butler ~I Raised Her to Be Very Cute (MC is the male butler, indirectly trying to save the villainess)
Villainess Level 99 ~I May Be the Hidden Boss but I'm Not the Demon Lord~ (MC is the female hidden boss in an otome RPG)
The World of Otome Games is Tough for Mobs (MC is a male mob character stuck in an otome game his sister blackmailed him into playing.)

By the way @Asako. Nines is a bit too shoujo for me. The true path in Villainess is clearly the Yuri path.(pun intended)

Last edited:

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
England

Not yet, but I do have it on my reading list. Asako kept pushing it on discord some time ago, lol. Also, agreed. Facial expressions makes (always) things the fucking best. I am planning to read it hopefully somewhere during summer. I gotta finish some other series I promised to read, but I will come there eventually.

LMAO. Gold.

Stfu you crybaby. Did you even finish Umineko? = )

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Don't think Redline will be for me @Nii but the artwork is beautiful. Me and time travel just rarely get along. Those Okita panels are gorgeous though.

Read what's out of I’ll Just Live on as a Villainess. I liked that too @Asako.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Villainess Level 99 ~I May Be the Hidden Boss but I'm Not the Demon Lord~ (MC is the female hidden boss in an otome RPG)
The MC here honestly need someone to tell her what's normal
She isn't normal even tho she had a previous life, i mean she doesn't know what's normal for average people
Also im reading the novel of it, it's funny (couldn't wait when it was out for the long wait for manga chapters)

For the butler one it's a good one, it's also in my forever plan to read in novel updates, too many stuff to read

Honestly from the list, the only one I'm not familiar with is the last one, the mob one
Bet he not a mob lol

Don't think Redline will be for me @Nii but the artwork is beautiful. Me and time travel just rarely get along. Those Okita panels are gorgeous though.

Read what's out of I’ll Just Live on as a Villainess. I liked that too @Asako.
Redline? U mean the movie?
It's honestly really good, but don't remember there anytime travel in it (i thank panda for introducing it to us in the movie discord, when we actually watched stuff together weekly not once every who knows when)

Also glad you're liking it, and i hope you're in the club of "look at how cute harry being in any of his forms"

Stfu you crybaby. Did you even finish Umineko? = )
=3=
Buuuuut you can't compare a VN and it's time to reading a manhwa
Doesn't take a day if you binge it

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
The MC here honestly need someone to tell her what's normal
She isn't normal even tho she had a previous life, i mean she doesn't know what's normal for average people
Also im reading the novel of it, it's funny (couldn't wait when it was out for the long wait for manga chapters)

For the butler one it's a good one, it's also in my forever plan to read in novel updates, too many stuff to read

Honestly from the list, the only one I'm not familiar with is the last one, the mob one
Bet he not a mob lol
I may jump to the novel soon if the more manga chapters don't show up. And she can stay as abnormal as she likes. I love her that way.

The mob one is fun but much more of a shouen harem type thing. He uses his game knowledge to cheat quite a bit. Though it's got some similarities with Beware the Villainess. Namely that the love interests in the Otome game are completely hopeless wastes of human existence. The extra fun parts are that he's not the only one reincarnated. His sociopath of a sister is also there and trying to supplant the heroine and pull off the reverse harem.

Redline? U mean the movie?
It's honestly really good, but don't remember there anytime travel in it (i thank panda for introducing it to us in the movie discord, when we actually watched stuff together weekly not once every who knows when)
Redline is a Fate manga Nii mentioned. Starring a boy who jumped through time and Okita saber. It looks cool. But I just wasn't into it. Fate's weird enough without throwing time travel high jinks alongside a hot JK female lead... his beloved grandma. It was a bridge too far.

Also seemed oddly Japan centric. Not just in setting but like all the servants so far were Japanese samurai types. Which I get for like Okita and Nobu, they're a pair. But when the next two were japanese as well I was a little put out.

Also glad you're liking it, and i hope you're in the club of "look at how cute harry being in any of his forms"
Henry is good when he's in pooch mode. As a love interest I favor the second prince guy more.

I feel like with shoujo there is this "sparkle threshold" and the male readership can't cope with things that cross that. That's Nine's problem in Beware the Villainess. He's too sparkley. Feel like Henry is right on that line.

Last edited:

Kiki

S-Slave
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I hope you haven't seen this

Static

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
Do you plan on reading the Re Zero web novel sometime? :3

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Do you plan on reading the Re Zero web novel sometime? :3
Not in the immediate future. Maybe someday.

I sort of want to and I sort of don't. Knowing how passionate people are about it I'm sure there is a lot there to love. But, as an anime only guy, the way the plot and characters are written really annoys me at times.

Re:Zero has been one of those shows that when I like it a love it. But when I don't like it I absolutely loath it. If that makes sense. So I feel like the source materiel is going to be a pretty stressful read for me. So I'm a bit hesitant to dive in.

Are you a reader of it? How would you compare it against the anime?

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I was watching this Sword of the Stranger classic on Youtube...

...and it got me thinking. Which ones are the best ever?