Games - [ON-HOLD] Top Ten Game - Round #6.4: Top 10 Favorite Live-Action Television Characters | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games [ON-HOLD] Top Ten Game - Round #6.4: Top 10 Favorite Live-Action Television Characters

Xadyu

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Cocos Islands
Last edited:

Shobu_Yoruichi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Chile
Xad, thanks for taggin <3

What's the goal of this game? :derp

Faust

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
My first list, movie characters, is now down to 16 names. And it's kinda a shame that only 3 of the characters are female.
Yeah, but to be honest I'm expecting the lists to be male-heavy.
We'll do a female-only event afterwards as a pity party. :lmao
I realized the same thing. Been trying to think really hard so I’m not missing any fantastic female characters, I’d hate to have so little diversity...
Just PMed my top ten for the first two categories (live action movie and video games)

There was just 3 female characters who made it on my live action movie list.
But 5 (surprisingly) from my video game list outnumbering the male ones (4) since as far I know my 10th pick is genderles.

Glad my suggestion was selected for the next round/s :nod
Looking forward to this series (lots of exciting rounds). These lists will be so much more diversed than the previous ones.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I don't read LN's or comics, so to be included in the final round, is it okay that I make my lists for those based on it's adaptations?

Reactions: z.5

Xadyu

Reaction score
Country
Cocos Islands
I don't read LN's or comics, so to be included in the final round, is it okay that I make my lists for those based on it's adaptations?
Hmm, I guess this could be fair alright, but try to stick with very faithful adaptations.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Question: if there are two characters who can’t possibly be listed on their own (because they’re clearly a duo) can I put them both in one spot and skip the next like so:

1 - A (10 points)
2 - B (9 points)
3 - C (8 points)
5 - D and E (6 points each)

?

Not sure I’ll do it, but I can’t just pick one character out of a duo which hardly (if ever) appear without the other so would be nice to know if it’s possible.

Xadyu

Reaction score
Country
Cocos Islands
Question: if there are two characters who can’t possibly be listed on their own (because they’re clearly a duo) can I put them both in one spot and skip the next like so:

1 - A (10 points)
2 - B (9 points)
3 - C (8 points)
5 - D and E (6 points each)

?

Not sure I’ll do it, but I can’t just pick one character out of a duo which hardly (if ever) appear without the other so would be nice to know if it’s possible.
Nah, I don't think that's necessary. Usually there's a strong contrast between characters in a duo, which makes them distinctively different.

Unless your nomination is referring to Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum, because no ones knows who's who in that duo.
You could nomination just one and hon-nom the other, I'll just mention them with the charted nomination then, if that makes you feel better.

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
LNs is a real difficulty for me - as, I have read some, but probably far less than 10 [and a load of them were pure trash and so I stopped reading pretty quickly]

Judging how accurately/faithfully they were adapted is nigh on impossible

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
You people do realize that its not just light novels (thats just a type of japanese novel), its novels in general too, so book series like A Song of Ice and Fire, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter etc etc is allowed. It will ease up your character selection.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I was honestly getting a little confused about the light novel talk.. thought I’d missed some category.

The Novel category had me so torn, because as a rule I want to pick only one category from each film/book/series, but one of my favorite book series just has more fantastic characters than any other.. so that list didn’t really get as much variety as I’d intended. :oh

All my finished lists so far are really quite conventional.

Xadyu

Reaction score
Country
Cocos Islands
Was it really that confusing? :oh
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Top Ten Favorite Fictional Characters in Books (Novels, Light Novels, Short Stories etc. NO fanfic)
Better? :lmao

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Yes - if all novels then why add 'light'?

Confusing enough that at least 2 people got confused by it
Much

Xadyu

Reaction score
Country
Cocos Islands
Yes - if all novels then why add 'light'?
Because for some reason if you mention animation people also tend to ask "DoEs ThAT inCLudE aNiME?" :fail

I would've expected the same for novels.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Didn’t it say just say “Novels” though? :grumble There was just an additional post saying “Light Novels count”, or did I miss anything?

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
For the TV characters one - if a choose The Doctor, do I need to specify which Doctor?

Xadyu

Reaction score
Country
Cocos Islands
For the TV characters one - if a choose The Doctor, do I need to specify which Doctor?
Yes. The character is the same overall, but I thought it would be fun to show a contrast with the nomination.

Like for example, there are two live-action movie Obi-Wan Kenobi's, or Sarah Connors. They get treated as the same character in this game, but I'll show which actor got the preference in the charts when I reveal them.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Hmm, I just decided to leave out characters to the category of their original medium. Helps out quite a bit.
Dat feeling when just writing a characters name on a list make you bawl your eyes out.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Hmm, I just decided to leave out characters to the category of their original medium. Helps out quite a bit.
Dat feeling when just writing a characters name on a list make you bawl your eyes out.
Yeah, I thought about doing that but made a few exceptions where I thought the adaptation topped the original (or matched).

Also, I had only put The Doctor, but FINE, I guess I’ll specify.