Chapter One Piece Chapter 1033 Discussion

grey matter

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
India
Every conquerors first instance of knocking people out has been unconscious: Luffy, Doffy, Yamato, Ace. This is no different.

To make this simpler we should just consider instances where the attack doesn’t touch its target to be ACoC. Counting lightning bolts and their direction seems silly
His point was that to use advanced conqueror's, the user should at least be aware he has it and has basic control over it. Which isn't the case for Zoro

Rmstorm

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Phantom Lord
Like every other guy on the planet...

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

So the black lightening is emitting from his swords and it's not trailing. So for now it's Basic CoC, like I thought.

But it's gunna happen during this fight that he unlocked Advanced CoC. Not sure why he wouldn't.

Their first clash will probably reveal everything.

What the hell is the smoke for??? Burning CoC?
The smoke is advanced coa barrier haki, as Luffy's hands also smoked like that when he was learning adv coa.

Ero-Sanji

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Kid and Law already had their insane jumps lmao.

Law went from getting stomped by Doflamingo, to YC1+ in one arc lol
Luffy went from getting one shotted to being an equal to Kaido in the very same arc. I don't think that's much of a stretch, especially for Kid whose limits have never been confirmed.

Prince13333

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Zoro is aware of the concept but he’s not even aware he’s a user, that’s skipping a ton of steps , he doesn’t even know how to consciously , I don’t even mind
And yes the raid suit was never gonna be permanent , I am cool with that but like I said it was something I expected him to reject after some build up , Oda legit dropped to personality in a chapter and got rid of it the same chapter , that’s rushed
Zoro knows he’s a user but he doesn’t know about conquerors haki coating tho. That’s why he was confused because he doesn’t know conquerors haki can be used in attacks, he only knows the one That knocks people out with a glare. He put 2 together in this chapter

Calling the Sanji stuff rushed is weird because what exactly are we comparing it to??
This is Rushed compared to what exactly? Cause Diable Jambe in Enies Lobby is even more abrupt and rushed than this , happened in 1 chapter. Sanjis powerups have 0 buildup in this series. This recent stuff with the germa is the most build up sanjis ever gotten for a powerup in One Piece.

Lord Traffy Law

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Zoro knows he’s a user but he doesn’t know about conquerors haki coating tho. That’s why he was confused because he doesn’t know conquerors haki can be used in attacks, he only knows the one That knocks people out with a glare. He put 2 together in this chapter

Calling the Sanji stuff rushed is weird because what exactly are we comparing it to??
This is Rushed compared to what exactly? Cause Diable Jambe in Enies Lobby is even more abrupt and rushed than this , happened in 1 chapter. Sanjis powerups have 0 buildup in this series. This recent stuff with the germa is the most build up sanjis ever gotten for a powerup in One Piece.
Again you’re speaking to the powerup
I am talking about the subtext and story around the germa armor
Zoro asked what he talking about, he’s never on panel said he’s a user, it’s been hinted at times but never used , heck in the anime he’s confused when he uses COC to knock out folks

Moss Green

Reaction score
Country
United States
His point was that to use advanced conqueror's, the user should at least be aware he has it and has basic control over it. Which isn't the case for Zoro
I think the reality is a combination of Zoro being a prodigy with swords and Enma teaching him the sensation. He learned how to cut fire from Kinemon from just watching him.

I still don’t think that black lightning is anything more than an indication someone is a CoC user. If his swords touch his target when he cuts he is fundamentally not doing what Luffy and the Yonkou can do. That distinction is important.

Lord Traffy Law

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That’s really it , Oda is speed rushing this
After a really awesome build up for luffy
Sanji and Zoro backstory for the power ups this isn’t great , especially when the lore and backstory behind both are bigger plot points

Vanshrimp

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Queen said lot of interesting facts about king : he is a survivor of the lunarian and not the last of the lunarians, so i am assuming he is not the last one.

Idkwhatanameis

Reaction score
Country
United States
You guys sound crazy you know nothing about the progression of kings haki yet you complain how fast he knows how to use it. It didn't even seem like a obstacle for Luffy during his training basically almost 0 flashbacks on it. Luffy was never required to pull it out to defeat his opponents cause he was just strong enough(barely) to beat them. Zoro without it can't hope to defeat king. It's like how Luffy was able to beat katakuri without it. He has the means to get the job done so he's not pushed to that limit. Zoro is literally getting outclassed by king with no g4 equivalent to compensate for getting the job done so kings haki is required. Besides all of this maybe him getting hit with Coated Kings Haki(thunder bagua) helps him understand how to use it. Luffy got hit twice directly by it and literally woke up understanding how he did it.

Side note this queen fight feels weird he is giving a lot of focus to that zoro fight more then his own ..... I'm gonna assume now that sanji's genetics has something to do with Kings race being that zoro's attacks arn't hurting him similar to Sanji's new body

669ako

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
You guys sound crazy you know nothing about the progression of kings haki yet you complain how fast he knows how to use it. It didn't even seem like a obstacle for Luffy during his training basically almost 0 flashbacks on it. Luffy was never required to pull it out to defeat his opponents cause he was just strong enough(barely) to beat them. Zoro without it can't hope to defeat king. It's like how Luffy was able to beat katakuri without it. He has the means to get the job done so he's not pushed to that limit. Zoro is literally getting outclassed by king with no g4 equivalent to compensate for getting the job done so kings haki is required. Besides all of this maybe him getting hit with Coated Kings Haki(thunder bagua) helps him understand how to use it. Luffy got hit twice directly by it and literally woke up understanding how he did it.

Side note this queen fight feels weird he is giving a lot of focus to that zoro fight more then his own ..... I'm gonna assume now that sanji's genetics has something to do with Kings race being that zoro's attacks arn't hurting him similar to Sanji's new body
just still a biased and awfull there's no good development of getting power up oda can rushed thing because they both wings of the pirate king there's no way luffy far away from them which is he's only have good development in those monster trio.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think the reality is a combination of Zoro being a prodigy with swords and Enma teaching him the sensation. He learned how to cut fire from Kinemon from just watching him.

I still don’t think that black lightning is anything more than an indication someone is a CoC user. If his swords touch his target when he cuts he is fundamentally not doing what Luffy and the Yonkou can do. That distinction is important.
I know Zoro's CoC has some set-up as well, but him "pirating" Kin'emon's ability was set up much more better and the reveal that he knew how to do it and his dialogue to Kin'emon was so much more satisfying than this stuff.

The black lightning effect is one thing that Oda has been the worst about when it comes to consistency in visual storytelling with haki. Clashes with characters like Sanji and Ulti have had the black lightning effect. But it appears the black lightning directly coming off the weapon/body is what signifies CoC being used to attack. But it's also used to show advanced CoC. So... it's anyone's guess.

I think CoC for a swordsman is just a different path to learning a similar thing to non-swordsman. Similar to how Hyogoro described "ryuuo" as what swordsmen typically do to imbue their weapons with haki. The internal damage ryuuo is just a different application of the same technique. Similar to what's happening with Zoro learning to use CoC in his own way.

That is the most generous guesstimate on what is going on here. Oda has had like 500+ chapters to flesh out haki, and it still needs a damn handbook to understand sometimes.

Lord Traffy Law

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I know Zoro's CoC has some set-up as well, but him "pirating" Kin'emon's ability was set up much more better and the reveal that he knew how to do it and his dialogue to Kin'emon was so much more satisfying than this stuff.

The black lightning effect is one thing that Oda has been the worst about when it comes to consistency in visual storytelling with haki. Clashes with characters like Sanji and Ulti have had the black lightning effect. But it appears the black lightning directly coming off the weapon/body is what signifies CoC being used to attack. But it's also used to show advanced CoC. So... it's anyone's guess.

I think CoC for a swordsman is just a different path to learning a similar thing to non-swordsman. Similar to how Hyogoro described "ryuuo" as what swordsmen typically do to imbue their weapons with haki. The internal damage ryuuo is just a different application of the same technique. Similar to what's happening with Zoro learning to use CoC in his own way.

That is the most generous guesstimate on what is going on here. Oda has had like 500+ chapters to flesh out haki, and it still needs a damn handbook to understand sometimes.

Nah Zoro learning fire style was pretty established and built through , he had noticed it , actually saw it in action , and was noted to have wanted to learn it more than 300 chapters ago, that’s great and patient payoff

this one with advanced COC is incredibly rushed

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There is a bit about this that strikes me as odd. Sure, his lunarian heritage makes him exceptionally tough... But in dinosaur form he should have just his dinosaur toughness. His hybrid form should have the benefit of his lunarian and dinosaur attributes combined but in turn he has not used that all that much. In some regards his hybrid form seems less practical than other hybrid forms due to it being somewhat unconventional. If he has points as chopper does though...
I had a quick look, and when he blocked Zoro's tatsumaki he was in hybrid form, which as you've pointed out should be his optimal form (and all zoan users) but in this chapter he took a Shishi Sonson in his base form( which shouldn't be as strong a form) and this latter technique is arguably more lethal. I'm unsure if there's some inconsistencies there or I'm just not able to see the full picture of his ability and inherent genetics.

Prince13333

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I had a quick look, and when he blocked Zoro's tatsumaki he was in hybrid form, which as you've pointed out should be his optimal form (and all zoan users) but in this chapter he took a Shishi Sonson in his base form( which shouldn't be as strong a form) and this latter technique is arguably more lethal. I'm unsure if there's some inconsistencies there or I'm just not able to see the full picture of his ability and inherent genetics.
Listen, King is not Jack....... If he uses Hybrid Form Oda will tell us. And Surely Zoro would notice a difference.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Easy to believe Zoro knows how to use CoC or at least, knows about it as he's trained with Mihawk. It's not like Oda has shown us every second of Zoro since the crew got split up, there was a timeskip, so anything new the crew uses that we haven't seen before, can be justified. Better than Luffy learning Gears 2 and 3 in few days or weeks.

Ellenate

Reaction score
Country
United States
After a really awesome build up for luffy
*hysterical laughter*

What- luffy getting beat the hell out of and just... coming back stronger?

at least in dragon ball you have to be put near death... sit in an alien space med pod... go into a time/space thing where you have to actual train... fuse bodies with your father's long lost brother... fuse with your brother from another (mother) planet... absorb the cyborg twins.

There was build up for the emission but it didn't even make sense how he was using it...

---

I was so thrown off by zoro calling luffy his best friend but then it clicked he was talking about tashigi (...:rolleyes:).

bhendjol

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Zoro is aware of the concept but he’s not even aware he’s a user, that’s skipping a ton of steps , he doesn’t even know how to consciously , I don’t even mind
And yes the raid suit was never gonna be permanent , I am cool with that but like I said it was something I expected him to reject after some build up , Oda legit dropped to personality in a chapter and got rid of it the same chapter , that’s rushed

He's a user, check out the first time He got enma. Episode 955 page 30.

Melkart

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Well to be honest in my opinion almost everyone’s development in this arc feels rushed. Wrongest thing about Luffy’s+Zoro’s development is that their “teachers”, 2 of the top tier personalities of one piece, didn’t even mentioned to them about what is going to be the basis to endgame fighting. Sanji development is probably more believable but being it thrown in the same “chapter—row” in which everyone is suddenly powering up makes it look less believable (even more so after he got the WCI arc partially dedicated to him in which he didn’t get what he deserved). At the moment for me the best fight in this arc has been Killer vs Hawkins and am looking forward for Apoo+Drake vs cp0 and Law+Kidd vs Big Mom more than what I except to see in Sanji vs Queen, Zoro vs King and Luffy vs Kaido.

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well to be honest in my opinion almost everyone’s development in this arc feels rushed. Wrongest thing about Luffy’s+Zoro’s development is that their “teachers”, 2 of the top tier personalities of one piece, didn’t even mentioned to them about what is going to be the basis to endgame fighting. Sanji development is probably more believable but being it thrown in the same “chapter—row” in which everyone is suddenly powering up makes it look less believable (even more so after he got the WCI arc partially dedicated to him in which he didn’t get what he deserved). At the moment for me the best fight in this arc has been Killer vs Hawkins and am looking forward for Apoo+Drake vs cp0 and Law+Kidd vs Big Mom more than what I except to see in Sanji vs Queen, Zoro vs King and Luffy vs Kaido.
How the hell is Sanji’s power up more believable lol? Over Luffy and Zoro who obviously had the ability but didn’t know how to use it! Just out of no where Sanji’s genetically engineered genes kicked in lol… his power up is pure ass pull. At least every SHs time-skip played a part in their current growth in Wano, except for Sanji lol! Dude was breaking bones while using armament Haki but now giants swords shatter on him in a normal state!!! LMFAO

minion

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
"believeable" ?
In OP world ?

lol...