• ★★★★

• ★★★★★

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Strawhats Bible

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well I don't think Oda will show 2 different things in the same order. As I said Marine Officer may not be directly talking to Gorosei but they have a direct update on Wano (since they say Robin's capture should be near).
Gorosei are definitely talking about Zou (maybe not saying the DF is Zou) but definitely linked to Zou.

Minks may be listend in Sabondy that doesn't mean they know the location of Zou, doesn't even mean they know Zou is a giant walking Elephant.
I mean Pekoms and Beepo must not be the only ones outside.
It may be related to Zunisha but there is no logical way the WG doesn't know about Zunisha, sorry. Just let's agree to disagree but for me it makes 0 sense for them to be surprised about the country of a race they enslave, have in several pirate crews and probably in impel down as well.

Windfall Island

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
The other part that intrigues me is ...why are the gorosei talking as "the wg decided to erase the name of that fruit " ....i mean arent they the wg themselves ?

Possibly gorosei arent alive from void century days...imu still could be.

Seeing the last page of the chapter has convinced me that it is zunesha...but then again how can the gorosei not know about it.

Ero-Sanji

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Minks are listed in the Sabondy slave market, there is little to no chance the WG doesn't know about Zou/Zunisha.
Exactly.

According to OP-wiki Oda confirmed that it is an animal. The name of the species is Naitamie-Norida elephants. Also, if Zunesha was a person, why is it so important to use the Voice of all things in order to communicate with it?

1. Zunesha was a criminal that was punished to walk in order to pay for its sins.
2. The punishment itself was of such an authority that Zunesha would follow it long after it was given (presumably long after the person(s) who gave the order had died) and that Zunesha needed to plead with Momo to give it another order in order to defend itself.

Now, what could possbily have been powerful enough to have tamed such a strong delinquent?

Seeing how the Gorousei is talking about this fruit as Zunesha is pulling up to Wano strongly hints at the devil fruit being Tama's. Her fruit has been sealed off, the name of her fruit is silly, and her fruit has turned so many bad guys into good guys already. Zunesha also specifically asked Momo and not Momo and Luffy, further tying it to Wano.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
The down side is it would drain his haki quickly and he'd be shit out of luck if it runs out. Unless you think Luffy can beat Kaido with 1 round of Gear 4 /ACoC. I doubt it
I am going to guess this is what the series is building up for. The fight against kaido, as is the case with overwhelming new world enemies, has been one of attrition so far. You first had the scabbards who at least succesfully chipped away at kaido's HP bar. Then you had kaido fight the supernova... Where he actually ate a few big attacks. Hard to say how much killer's attacks would do but at the very least law's gamma knife is bound to hurt, luffy's gear 4 barrage was definitely felt and zoro's final attack had kaido spitting blood. And since luffy's return the fight has been pretty even with luffy in pretty much base form.

Certainly gear 4 has downsides... But the series has stressed the point that the path forward for haki users is maximizing output. There's a good chance that this is what big mom and kaido do to begin with... Except they have the sheer haki volume to sustain that casually. Do you think that luffy could match a yonko with half assed output?

Vanshrimp

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
The other part that intrigues me is ...why are the gorosei talking as "the wg decided to erase the name of that fruit " ....i mean arent they the wg themselves ?

Possibly gorosei arent alive from void century days...imu still could be.
redon's note said about eventually the previous 5 members, as if the current ones wondering why would the previous ones do it

Rmstorm

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Phantom Lord
I am going to guess this is what the series is building up for. The fight against kaido, as is the case with overwhelming new world enemies, has been one of attrition so far. You first had the scabbards who at least succesfully chipped away at kaido's HP bar. Then you had kaido fight the supernova... Where he actually ate a few big attacks. Hard to say how much killer's attacks would do but at the very least law's gamma knife is bound to hurt, luffy's gear 4 barrage was definitely felt and zoro's final attack had kaido spitting blood. And since luffy's return the fight has been pretty even with luffy in pretty much base form.

Certainly gear 4 has downsides... But the series has stressed the point that the path forward for haki users is maximizing output. There's a good chance that this is what big mom and kaido do to begin with... Except they have the sheer haki volume to sustain that casually. Do you think that luffy could match a yonko with half assed output?
Gear 4 Haki output is less than Base Luffy output with Advanced Haki. It is fundementally flawed.

Luffy uses some of his haki im Gear 4 to maintain his form. So he is never using 100 % of haki in attack like he does does in base form.

So Gear 4 is definetly not the answers. It just allows Luffy more durabilty and physical strength.

AmitDS

Reaction score
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
I don't think Luffy's line about "Kaido's haki is getting stronger" should be taken as 'haki bloom.' Imo it's simply that Kaido is finally taking this fight seriously and acknowledging Luffy so he's actually putting in maximum effort now, hence the 'stronger' haki from him.

On a related note, I think it would be silly for top-tiers to still have their 'haki bloom' if that's in fact the case here considering Kaido is already a Yonkou and WSC/WSP and to think his haki, and by extension fellow Yonkou's, isn't 'maxed'/mastered would be problematic lol.

Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Man, I'd love to see a drunk Luffy. I feel like if that Luffy fought Katakuri, even Future Sight with SHaringan wouldn't have helped Katakuri. I hope Luffy didn't take that blow with full strength if he's gonna get back up, it looks extremely strong. But then again, the future opponents can be stronger, and hopefully Luffy not overpowered.

Are the Gorosei talking about killing Momonosuke or one of the Scabbards? Couldn't be talking about a pirate as they would have no need to plan for pirates to die unexpectedly.

Moving Elephant Elephant no mi? Trumpet trumpet no mi?

Hannibal Psyche

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
That’s my initial thought.. that’s how I reflect the first time. In the coming war Tama’s DF is the most relevant fruit plotwise because it can turn the tide at a pivotal time in war.

I still have doubts though with the final wordings..
I kinda far-fetched on a Luffy “false name”, when you name a fruit “Gum Gum” you don’t automatically binds it with built-in rubber abilities at scale. But it doesn’t match “the century quote” unless they haven’t got the time to properly analyze the devil fruit before Shanks and his crew stole it. Leaving Luffy ate the fruit in quasi care-free attitude, without much scrutiny of its safety - the fruit was disposed in a locked wooden box.. However that’s how the OP story starts, that’s the OP trigger. Shanks lost his arms and had faith in Luffy becoming a great pirate - aka a PK contender?
Gomu means rubber in Japanese. It's one of the few fruits that's named literally.

Most fruits are named by features or characteristic (like a sound, an appearance, etc) of what they are, not exactly what they are. An Example being:
  1. Mera Mera no Mi = Means the sound fire makes = Instead of actually being named Fire.
  2. Supa Supa no Mi = Means the sound blades make = instead of actually being named Blade Blade no Mi.
  3. Yami Yami no Mi = Means Darkness = Instead of naming the ability Black hole Black hole no Mi.

There aren't very many fruits named literally what they are, the Gomu Gomu no Mi is one of those rare instances.

Luffy also didn't become PK contender because of the Gomu Gomu no Mi, he became a PK contender because he got inspired by Shanks who showed him the value of freedom, adventure and nakama.

Whatever fruit it is... has to be something the WG haven't seen in action for centuries. Every character we know of besides characters in Wano, the WG know who they are, and therefore know their abilities.

We're either about to be introduced to a new character with this ability, or someone eats this fruit, or this person has eaten this fruit and lives in Wano which is out of the WG's reach or on some obscure Island. Or, maybe this fruit is even being hidden by a group that's associated with the Ancient Kingdom.
WG hid Ancient Weapons from the WG because it was destructive, so if they had access to a DF capable of destroying the world, it's either 1 of the Ancient Weapon (assuming Momonosuke isn't 1) or it's just a fruit that they didn't want to be taken by the WG.

I highly doubt Tama's ability is the ability, while it matches the criteria, the power itself doesn't seem like something that would be an issue. Only reason Tama's ability is useful is because Caesar made some flawed SMILE DFs that has side effects. Tama would be useless anywhere else besides Wano... her powers would probably be useless in Dressrosa, Wano, etc.

HereNThere

Hazard Duty Pay
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think Luffy's line about "Kaido's haki is getting stronger" should be taken as 'haki bloom.' Imo it's simply that Kaido is finally taking this fight seriously and acknowledging Luffy so he's actually putting in maximum effort now, hence the 'stronger' haki from him.

On a related note, I think it would be silly for top-tiers to still have their 'haki bloom' if that's in fact the case here considering Kaido is already a Yonkou and WSC/WSP and to think his haki, and by extension fellow Yonkou's, isn't 'maxed'/mastered would be problematic lol.
Yup. Ironically, despite being drunk, Kaido's head is in the game now and he has no doubts about Luffy's level of ability. So he's, appropriately, now scaling his haki to take on Luffy, who he recognizes as a formidable threat. Which honestly, is pretty amazing. Further solidifies how much one's mindstate affects their combat potential. Kaido and Big Mom were really not trying against the initial RT5 confrontation. Also, this pairs well with Big Mom acknowledging Kidd and Law and using her own spirit to boost her power and allow her CoC to run wild.

And yeah, I'd find that silly as well. Yonkou's are characters who are said to be in their Prime, so they should be at the peak of their power. Which further highlights Luffy's (as well as the other members of the Next Gen) own potential, a character who's nowhere near his prime, but is now on this level.

Hrathgrath

Reaction score
Country
United States

The fruits I think fit all the criteria would be Tama's fruit:
  1. Tama's fruit is called Kibi Kibi no Mi meaning Dango.
  2. The fruit's name doesn't really tell us what the ability does in a sense, it just calls it Dango, but it has the ability to control any beast.
  3. A fruit called Dango is not exactly a fruit you would go searching for if you didn't know it had the ability to control animals.
  4. The fruit is in Wano, a place they have no access to, so the Gorosei can't be aware it has appeared.
  5. It's a powerful ability.

While it may not be Tama's fruit or maybe it is, whichever fruit the Gorosei are talking about must have these features. Must be a fruit they're not aware exists, is somewhere they can't really access, has a shitty name, but it's far more powerful than the name suggests and I guess the power must be so spectacular that it's worth trying to hide its existence.
You just made my argument. Thanks. 😁 A fruit given a name that’s similar to what it does, but doesn’t speak to it’s TRUE power. Fantastic job contradicting your pages and pages of stuff trying to convince me that I’m delusional.

Having said that, I still think it’s Zunisha they are talking about. We know Zunisha has a different name, after a fashion. Zou. The WG ships see a shadow, the Gorosei say “that fruit hasn’t be awakened in centuries!” Then we see Zunisha. It may be a red herring, like someone suggested , but as of right now it seems pretty obvious Oda is suggesting they were talking about Zunisha.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

What if Zunesha is Joyboy transformed into A giant elephant and cursed to roam the world

:8C
Hadn’t considered that.. you may be onto something here…
Just realized something this either an Oda mistake or deliberately make this.

At first the giant shadow is INFRONT of the fleet.

Only for Zunisha to appear behind them???
Something is up here, either there is something else than Zunisha approaching Wano or it was a Oda mistake.
I was thinking they were running from it.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
That's like saying it doesn't matter why the WG banned Poneglyphs from being researched... the truth is still going to get out.

You do realise the only reason the truth gets out is because it's a Shonen? Where the protagonist wins?

Same story where they hid a devil fruit name by changing it's name, and it only gets found because of plot-armour?

Let's be logical here.

Hiding stuff does work and preventing people from doing things does work. Just so happens we're reading a story where everything the WG does to maintain power is bound to fail?

They're not failing because their methods are ineffective, they're failing because of plot.

Let's look at the real world where people are being taxed unfairly, where the system is unfair, where people are basically slaves? Where senators can make bank knowing a pandemic is coming upon us and insider trade making millions? Yeah, real world is not a story, this is a story where whatever the WG will do will fail because protagonist.

Countries right now operating exactly how the WG do with a tight grip on their society and their access to information. It's working because of simple measures like we see in One Piece.

In reality, if One Piece the story was realistic, the SHs would be dead, and society would run exactly as the WG wants. All the measures they've put in place are solid. Only reason things don't work out in One Piece is because protagonist so big so strong so lucky. The second Enies Lobby ended, the WG had every motivation in the world for erasing the whole crew from existence. They weren't even in the relative pirate-safety of the New World yet, but ah.

You're really going to debate that changing a fruit name to something undesirable doesn't work? Common now.
Trying to stop DF from being acquired or restored or even known about is a fruitless (lol) endeavor by the WG. It's not "plot-armor", it's a baked-in function of worldbuilding that the WG's ability to suppress information or acquisition of DFs is inevitably failurific. C'mon dude this misaimed cynicism is unbecoming of a scholar such as yourself.

Now, the Strawhats should all be deader than fuck is something I can wholeheartedly agree with- the fact they weren't wiped out WAY before this point is a feat of actual plot-armor I accept.

Hrathgrath

Reaction score
Country
United States
Another comparison:
- We know the WG has tried to eliminate information on the “Ancient weapons”. It’s one of the reasons they banned research into the phoneglyphs. To erase the information from history.
Maybe Zunishia’s hidden name is Uranus?
Just tossing the idea out for debate. Not sure if I think it’s true…

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Gear 4 Haki output is less than Base Luffy output with Advanced Haki. It is fundementally flawed.

Luffy uses some of his haki im Gear 4 to maintain his form. So he is never using 100 % of haki in attack like he does does in base form.

So Gear 4 is definetly not the answers. It just allows Luffy more durabilty and physical strength.
That makes no sense. There is no indication that gear 4 is somehow wasting haki...

Vanshrimp

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
the nuisance to be erased could be wanokuni itself since it is a rogue state that refuses to take part to wg, the gorosei member assumes robin is probably caught and they need to act, (launch mass destruction attack ??) and add that to the war against two yonkous

McNuss

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Are the Gorosei talking about killing Momonosuke or one of the Scabbards? Couldn't be talking about a pirate as they would have no need to plan for pirates to die unexpectedly.
Afaik the anime spoilered that Drake is the one with the Death Flag.

Makes a lot of sense, also in the greater narrative. Drake offered Luffy his help, yet no one of the Alliance actually cares about him and he is all there on his own now.

Oda is anti-war, I don't think this story will end without Luffy having to deal with the consequences of his actions, and Drake's death could be a start.