• ★★★★

• ★★★★★

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Strawhats Bible

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Afaik the anime spoilered that Drake is the one with the Death Flag.

Makes a lot of sense, also in the greater narrative. Drake offered Luffy his help, yet no one of the Alliance actually cares about him and he is all there on his own now.

Oda is anti-war, I don't think this story will end without Luffy having to deal with the consequences of his actions, and Drake's death could be a start.
Luffy being there in the first place was what postponed his death. He had already been discovered by Who's who and Queen, he would die alone.
And Drake is in his position because of his own choices not Luffy's. He doesn't hold any responsibility over Drake...

Vanshrimp

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I was thinking they were running from it.
Regarding the shadow when something big comes from behind, you see the shadow in front of you assuming it stands between you and a source of light / sun

Hrathgrath

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Regarding the shadow when something big comes from behind, you see the shadow in front of you assuming it stands between you and a source of light / sun
Right. But I was saying they were pointed towards it when they saw it, then when they realized it was coming towards (or even at) them, they turned tail and ran.

Lord Traffy Law

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Makes a lot of sense, also in the greater narrative. Drake offered Luffy his help, yet no one of the Alliance actually cares about him and he is all there on his own now.

Oda is anti-war, I don't think this story will end without Luffy having to deal with the consequences of his actions, and Drake's death could be a start.
Drake deathwould be so out of place and unearned , there’s actual so much interesting story
Drake death now would be a death for death sake
After all the fake out with the scabbards it’s not X drake to die ?
I dunno it’s weak narratively , how does luffy find out it’s cp0 and why would he care , they haven’t built a relationship and bind like he and traffy , it’d be cheap and unearned
At least let sword come out and develop properly and allow drake to leave inherited wolf or at least a proper background and development.
of all supernovas on wano his death would easily be the worst

McNuss

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Luffy being there in the first place was what postponed his death. He had already been discovered by Who's who and Queen, he would die alone.
And Drake is in his position because of his own choices not Luffy's. He doesn't hold any responsibility over Drake...
He jumped out of the room. Even if there is no Luffy invasion, Drake is a Supernova and should be able to keep a distance for quite some time. The entire castle is under surveillance, it would only be a matter of time before Kaido gets notice, and unlike Who's Who (who wants to eliminate competitors) and Queen (who is... an asshole), Kaido is not too fond of killing even his sworn enemies. He'd surely put Drake in prison, too, intending to break his spirit (which never worked so far, lol).

So his treason being found out is not really an immediate death sentence and he could get away from Queen and Who's Who on his own.

You are painting Luffy as a Germa robot here. Luffy is empathetic, and if he learns how Drake fought on their behalf on the live floor he'd view him as a friend.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Drake deathwould be so out of place and unearned , there’s actual so much interesting story
What? For all my love of Dinosaurs, Drake is pretty much done.

We know his past as it was included in the Law flashback. We know his true background as a marine spy, which eliminates him as a member of the Worst Generation. His Zoan Devil Fruit arguably has the least potential out of any Supernova DF, and we have seen both transformations.

As a marine, he deranks automatically to a tertiary character. The Admirals, Garp, Koby, Smoker, Tashigi, all far more important and with far more potential than Drake. He essentially becomes a dignified Helmeppo if he stays around. I don't see much room for a continued Drake sub-arc with all the characters still left to cover.

The only thing the character needs is purpose, right now it only comes down to introducing us to Sword. Death could be a huge purpose. The death of a Marine at the hands of the Tenryubito's puppets could be what is needed to cause divison within the Marines. X. Drake already reported about CP-0's presence, and not to anyone, but to Koby, who knows Luffy. And who should be loathed by Sakazuki for stopping him in Marineford. So despite his disdain for the Tenryubito, Sakazuki would be very unlikely to believe Koby, sounds like a great way to create a split in the Marines...
--- Double Post Merged, ---

how does luffy find out it’s cp0 and why would he care
Apoo has photos. He seems to have lost his crew though and I don't think he will leave Wano before encountering a Straw Hat again.

john ellis

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Honestly even if but moms crew comes after the yonko are defeated, what are they going to do? It has smoothie and some mid class fighters. Vs law, kid, luffy, Zoro, and Marco. The alliance forces are actually incredibly powerful enough so that when you think about it a single yonko crew with a second yonko isn’t that hard.
Growth rates were slightly fucked but everyone being this strong was believable

The Strawhats Bible

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
He jumped out of the room. Even if there is no Luffy invasion, Drake is a Supernova and should be able to keep a distance for quite some time. The entire castle is under surveillance, it would only be a matter of time before Kaido gets notice, and unlike Who's Who (who wants to eliminate competitors) and Queen (who is... an asshole), Kaido is not too fond of killing even his sworn enemies. He'd surely put Drake in prison, too, intending to break his spirit (which never worked so far, lol).

So his treason being found out is not really an immediate death sentence and he could get away from Queen and Who's Who on his own.

You are painting Luffy as a Germa robot here. Luffy is empathetic, and if he learns how Drake fought on their behalf on the live floor he'd view him as a friend.

We know his past as it was included in the Law flashback. We know his true background as a marine spy, which eliminates him as a member of the Worst Generation. His Zoan Devil Fruit arguably has the least potential out of any Supernova DF, and we have seen both transformations.

As a marine, he deranks automatically to a tertiary character. The Admirals, Garp, Koby, Smoker, Tashigi, all far more important and with far more potential than Drake. He essentially becomes a dignified Helmeppo if he stays around. I don't see much room for a continued Drake sub-arc with all the characters still left to cover.

The only thing the character needs is purpose, right now it only comes down to introducing us to Sword. Death could be a huge purpose. The death of a Marine at the hands of the Tenryubito's puppets could be what is needed to cause divison within the Marines. X. Drake already reported about CP-0's presence, and not to anyone, but to Koby, who knows Luffy. And who should be loathed by Sakazuki for stopping him in Marineford. So despite his disdain for the Tenryubito, Sakazuki would be very unlikely to believe Koby, sounds like a great way to create a split in the Marines...

Apoo has photos. He seems to have lost his crew though and I don't think he will leave Wano before encountering a Straw Hat again.
Drake destroyed Tama's village and only tried to ally with Luffy because his cover got blown and Drake.
He is a veteran spy not a rookie Pirate full of dreams, he was trapped in Onigashima with Queen and Who's who on the hunt.
All Queen needed to do is to say on his microphone that he is a traitor and all of the castle would be on his ass.
Luffy know very well that Drake is only allying with him because that's his only option, Luffy knows that people die in a war.
I really fail to see how his death would impact Luffy in any way.

McNuss

Reaction score
Country
Germany
By the way, what stretches indefinitely?

minion

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
I think it’s pretty clear they are referring to Zunisha:
- A fruit that hasn’t been “awakened” (in this case it seems most likely they mean seen) in centuries. Zunisha has been walking around for centuries.
- The marines holding a den den mushi (talking with the gorosei) see a shadow->They mention the fruit -> They show Zunisha. Leaving room for Oda intentionally misleading the reader, it’s pretty clearly Zunisha they are talking about.
Very clear..
Zunisha awakening because momo, response and answer the sound he hear, and the sound came from zunisha... (zou arc.. lufi & momo hear zunisha sound.. cmiiw)..
In the past, roger and oden hear the sound like that too, but they doesn't respond...
is this clue of the joy boy ?
Combined of certain person and condition that happen by their act will make a new world rule..

Sorry i don't remember clear, and don't know a lot of the mythologi story, but there are some awakening happen now because lufi act, poseidon king in bottom sea, now zunisha.. and what next ?

Edit is zunisha associated to pluton or triton ?

Last edited:

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Gear 4 Haki output is less than Base Luffy output with Advanced Haki. It is fundementally flawed.

Luffy uses some of his haki im Gear 4 to maintain his form. So he is never using 100 % of haki in attack like he does does in base form.

So Gear 4 is definetly not the answers. It just allows Luffy more durabilty and physical strength.
Huh

Quite sure Luffy uses like 200% of Haki to attack in Gear 4 :/

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

I don't see him being "accidentally" killed as per Gorosei's wishes since he's part of Kaidou's crew, so he's already seen as a bad person by the world. I also don't see Luffy caring too much about Drake.

minion

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong

The only time I can recall that working is in DBZ when Kid Buu destroyed Earth as soon as he was born. That was epic.

Sorry just make sure..
Is it a fight or batle ?
Just qurious because in first paragrap you talking about fight/batle... not about destroy something...
🙏

McNuss

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I don't see him being "accidentally" killed as per Gorosei's wishes since he's part of Kaidou's crew, so he's already seen as a bad person by the world. I also don't see Luffy caring too much about Drake.
Why do you think they are talking about the public here? It makes a lot more sense that they are talking about the Marines. Really, whomelse here could actually die that this conversation makes sense?

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
A fruit given a name that’s similar to what it does, but doesn’t speak to it’s TRUE power.
You're clearly incapable of reading what people said properly if you have to twist what was said.

I said Tama's fruit is a name that's pretty much undesirable and doesn't hint at what the ability does. Kibi is a shit name that doesn't tell anyone it's actually the ability to control beasts.

That's no different to giving a powerful DF a shit name or any name that simply won't attract attention.

Sorry, but you are literally acting delusional.

Let's have a look at what you said, you obviously didn't read the spoilers or the recent chapter carefully.

I think if they were going to rename it, it would have to be similar to the ability for it to be an effective screen.
You literally said naming something something else it's unrelated to is not an effective screen? Sorry, that's the most absurd idea.
  1. Joker could have picked a fake fruit and called it the Mera Mera no Mi? And guess what, the same people who came would come fight for it.
  2. Name the Mera Mera no Mi something it's not? People wouldn't bother fighting for an ability they thought was useless.
The fact you said this simply makes no sense, you're not being remotely logical.

If an item whose contents couldn't be seen was called "SHIT" when it actually had millions of dollars in it, people would simply avoid.

The idea you have to name something you're trying to deter attention from by something closely related to it? Might as well name a Box with 10 million dollars "Box of dollars" and act like people still wouldn't be interested. That would actually be laughably ineffective.

I mean if he called it the pop-pop fruit and it made them stretchy, it would probably be renamed (nicknamed?) by the average people into something closer to the ability.
You do realise the point of naming it is to reduce the chances of people eating it? Meaning they wouldn't ever know what the ability was in the first place because to them, they already believe it's a weak DF?

Once the fruit is eaten, no name given to it would matter, they'd know what the ability did automatically. Your argument is actually absurdly ineffective.

Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Why do you think they are talking about the public here? It makes a lot more sense that they are talking about the Marines. Really, whomelse here could actually die that this conversation makes sense?
Kind of doesn't make sense either as Marines would be obedient and not question the Gorosei, especially if Akainu's behavior during the war didn't make them quit.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Trying to stop DF from being acquired or restored or even known about is a fruitless (lol) endeavor by the WG. It's not "plot-armor", it's a baked-in function of worldbuilding that the WG's ability to suppress information or acquisition of DFs is inevitably failurific.
It fails because of plot-armour.

Why is it no one but the SH's are successful?
  • Things that have worked for 10 years, 100 years, 800 years.... once the SHs are involved, things that are impossible become possible?
Not plot armour? That's naïve on your part right there.

C'mon dude this misaimed cynicism is unbecoming of a scholar such as yourself.
Not cynicism, that's how the story works.

Let's look at how Luffy got into Impel Down and escape.
Purpose of Impel Down is to imprison people, it's worked for centuries and the only person to escape was an EMPEROR.
  • How did Luffy get in? He hid inside a Shichibukai who hates men... what are the odds?
  • He gets in, has no idea where he is going, and gets guidance from an enemy who he became friends with - How convenient huh?
  • He gets into a fight, he gets poisoned by poison that people have less than 1% chance of surviving - he runs into someone who can cure poison, not coincidence?
  • He has less than 1% chance of survival - he survives because.... he's the main character, he can't die... anyone else would die.

Huge difference between cynicism and reality. This is the nature of the story, it's Shonen.

Impel Down is an effective prison, it's only bound to fail when the SHs, the main characters... are involved. That's not cynicism, that's reality.

Now, the Strawhats should all be deader than fuck is something I can wholeheartedly agree with- the fact they weren't wiped out WAY before this point is a feat of actual plot-armor I accept.
Lol... SH's success is pretty much plot armour. It's not that they planned, things just happen to fall into their lap and things just happen to favour the SHs no matter what.

Whatever the story throws at them whether it's a secret kept for 800 years or a fruit whose name is hidden so people are not drawn to it, it's efficacy will wilt before the SHs because plot.

Do you really think One Piece is an event taking place right now? Or a story whose ending is predetermined, and the author would do everything necessary to ensure the character achieves their goal while more or less trying to elicit tension?

That makes no sense. There is no indication that gear 4 is somehow wasting haki...
It was stated back in Dressrosa, Gear 4th wastes Haki.

Either way, the fact Luffy is not using Gear 4th is proof he's conserving Haki, so Gear 4th does waste. He would be using Gear 4th if he knew his Haki wouldn't get depleted, so we know it definitely wastes in terms of consumption and desired result.

Lord Traffy Law

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Again he and luffy don’t have an established bond , he’d be sad but he wouldn’t get mad enough to start a war , again it’s not a built up relationship like he has with law ( sabody -> marineford save -> punk hazard -> dressrosa, so by the time law got damn near killed by doffy, luffy was hella invested ) luffy doesn’t care about drake
Garp isn’t involved in this generation , his story is kinda done , tashigi is zoro’s story counter point , and to our knowledge tashigi and smoker aren’t with sword
We don’t have enough on x drakes backstory , yes we got few panels but that’s law and rosinate story not X drake , sengoku raised X drake
killing him now would be super unceremonious, off panel ?
If Oda wanted to show how serious the war arc was , hyogoro and some of the scabbards would be dead , heck kaido hasn’t killed anyone important in the raid
It’s just so all over the place and unsatisfying
Heck ulti been put through a worse ringer and she’s ok

Hrathgrath

Reaction score
Country
United States
You're clearly incapable of reading what people said properly if you have to twist what was said.

I said Tama's fruit is a name that's pretty much undesirable and doesn't hint at what the ability does. Kibi is a shit name that doesn't tell anyone it's actually the ability to control beasts.

That's no different to giving a powerful DF a shit name or any name that simply won't attract attention.

Sorry, but you are literally acting delusional.

Let's have a look at what you said, you obviously didn't read the spoilers or the recent chapter carefully.

You literally said naming something something else it's unrelated to is not an effective screen? Sorry, that's the most absurd idea.
  1. Joker could have picked a fake fruit and called it the Mera Mera no Mi? And guess what, the same people who came would come fight for it.
  2. Name the Mera Mera no Mi something it's not? People wouldn't bother fighting for an ability they thought was useless.
The fact you said this simply makes no sense, you're not being remotely logical.

If an item whose contents couldn't be seen was called "SHIT" when it actually had millions of dollars in it, people would simply avoid.

The idea you have to name something you're trying to deter attention from by something closely related to it? Might as well name a Box with 10 million dollars "Box of dollars" and act like people still wouldn't be interested. That would actually be laughably ineffective.

You do realise the point of naming it is to reduce the chances of people eating it? Meaning they wouldn't ever know what the ability was in the first place because to them, they already believe it's a weak DF?

Once the fruit is eaten, no name given to it would matter, they'd know what the ability did automatically. Your argument is actually absurdly ineffective.
Firstly, not once did I say it wouldn’t be effective at keeping people from hunting for it. Sure it would. But there are VERY FEW that have been directly hunted and 9 out of 10 times they are eaten without the eater ever knowing the name. As you said, they can‘t do anything about that. So, at MOST, they would provide it with protection from 10% of circumstances. However, changing the name to something similar, like kibi Kibi instead of something referencing “creature control” means that if someone eats it without knowing what it is, once they realize they can produce dango they think “Oh! This must be the kibi kibi! What a useless fruit!” Something similar (since it does indeed produce kibi dango), yet incorrrect to it’s true abilities. People think “this makes food” instead of “this makes food…. to control people.

Which is a more effective screen. Protecting it against 10% chance of people (if even that much), or causing confusion to the 90%.chance that it’s going to be eaten regardless? If it”s going to be eaten regardless of what you do (which you’ve already stipulated to this fact), you (like you said) control what you CAN control. I honestly thing you are arguing for the sake of argument here. You have made posts to others saying EXACTLY what you are arguing against with me.

Respond if you must. (I’m fairly sure you will) but I’m done going in circles with ya. Have a great day, my friend!