Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1073 - Spoiler Discussion

Ero-Sanji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
This probably has an explanation i am missing, but how were the cp0 able to override Sentomaru’s order after he was incapacitated with an higher authority. But Stussi is unable to do it while with the same level of authority…
It's weird indeed. By that logic, a Gorousei could order the Seraphim to annihilate the other Gorousei and there's nothing the others will be able to do. Saturn could literally have his own four man army now if he wanted to.

Demonspeed

Chain Dude
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
It does sound a lot like something GB would do, that’s true. In which case my new power ranking system falls on its head completely lol
I don't see why Ryokugyu would do this and Weevil caring would confuse me even more. I don't remember seeing him being portrayed as a nice guy.

Pirate Queen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't see why Ryokugyu would do this and Weevil caring would confuse me even more. I don't remember seeing him being portrayed as a nice guy.
Weevil wanted to go after BB for killing WB and his mother made him go after Marco for treasure instead. It atheist insinuates his moral compassion is better than his mother's. He's just naivel

catagon87

Reaction score
Country
United States
Weevil is obsessed with being Whitebeard's "child." If you recall in one of the first appearances with Weevil, he wanted to pursue Blackbeard for revenge, and Bakkins basically shot that down. It'd make sense for Weevil to care about the citizens of his "dad's" homeland, if he felt that his "dad" did.

Ryokugyu doing that is literally par for the course. Not even 20 chapters ago he was threatening Wano's citizens unless they brought him Luffy's head. He's a complete asshole and believes that those not under the WG rule are just NPCs in Grand Theft Auto for him to kill when convenient. I could easily see Weevil struggling against Ryokugyu given the latter's ability being pretty OP, and being faced with going with Ryokugyu peacefully, or risking the lives of the entire island. I mean, the premise to Ryokugyu was Weevil defending the island against marines, right?

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
The titles "Self-proclaimed scientist" and "Rocks Freeloader" explain Weevil 110% perfectly. No further info needed.

Demonspeed

Chain Dude
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Weevil wanted to go after BB for killing WB and his mother made him go after Marco for treasure instead. It atheist insinuates his moral compassion is better than his mother's. He's just naivel
Weevil is obsessed with being Whitebeard's "child." If you recall in one of the first appearances with Weevil, he wanted to pursue Blackbeard for revenge, and Bakkins basically shot that down. It'd make sense for Weevil to care about the citizens of his "dad's" homeland, if he felt that his "dad" did.

Ryokugyu doing that is literally par for the course. Not even 20 chapters ago he was threatening Wano's citizens unless they brought him Luffy's head. He's a complete asshole and believes that those not under the WG rule are just NPCs in Grand Theft Auto for him to kill when convenient. I could easily see Weevil struggling against Ryokugyu given the latter's ability being pretty OP, and being faced with going with Ryokugyu peacefully, or risking the lives of the entire island. I mean, the premise to Ryokugyu was Weevil defending the island against marines, right?
He is definitely naive but I don't see how that makes him look like someone who would care about hostages. He believes Whitebeard is his father so it makes sense he would want to avenge him.

As you said he followed his mother's orders and I think it's his absolute priority. I doubt he wouldn't kill a civilian if Bakkin ordered him to. Ryokugyu was threatening civilians who were protecting Luffy but what would these citizens gain by protecting Weevil?

Honestly I don't remember the premise. Is he protecting islands from marines or is he hunting marines? Marines won't randomly attack islands unless they have to deal with pirates(in general at least).

catagon87

Reaction score
Country
United States
He is definitely naive but I don't see how that makes him look like someone who would care about hostages. He believes Whitebeard is his father so it makes sense he would want to avenge him.

As you said he followed his mother's orders and I think it's his absolute priority. I doubt he wouldn't kill a civilian if Bakkin ordered him to. Ryokugyu was threatening civilians who were protecting Luffy but what would these citizens gain by protecting Weevil?

Honestly I don't remember the premise. Is he protecting islands from marines or is he hunting marines? Marines won't randomly attack islands unless they have to deal with pirates(in general at least).
From what I can tell, it likely made the news that Marco was in Wano and no longer on Sphinx Island, which allowed some fairly corrupt marines to infiltrate Sphinx Island (as it's no longer under WB's protection due to his death, or Marco's due to him being away) in pursuit of Whitebeard's supposed treasure, which Bakkins is after, too. So they took the opportunity to attack the island knowing it's not under WG influence, and take any treasure Whitebeard stored there. You might notice the captain in the spoiler shots looks VERY similar to the one who did the exact same thing to Nami (stealing her 100M Beli) on Conomi Island. I think him and Bakkins headed there to find Marco and get the supposed treasure, and the marines happened to be doing sketchy shit around the same time. He defeated them since he considers the island his father's homeland, and they called Ryokugyu out to catch him.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
You missed nothing. Oda is just doing stupid shit again for plot convinience
Why did Vegapunk relinquish control to Sentomaru to begin with? The whole authority override thing is silly to begin with and I feel like we're going to be stuck with it as a plot point for a beat to long.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
The titles "Self-proclaimed scientist" and "Rocks Freeloader" explain Weevil 110% perfectly. No further info needed.
Oda sexism at it again.

Pir4do

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Why did Vegapunk relinquish control to Sentomaru to begin with? The whole authority override thing is silly to begin with and I feel like we're going to be stuck with it as a plot point for a beat to long.
With all the tecnology, why not put some kind of sound system from the main laboratory that Vegapunk can speak to every place in the island? With this he can say stop anytime and can be heard.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
The bit with stussy and marco is interesting. It looks like her vegapunk comment is suggestive of her being on her way to eventually meet the strawhats. Which would of course include her clone. I wonder if we are also getting a MADS reunion soon. Queen is probably out of the picture for now but judge and caesar are still around. Judge has lost support of the world government and also didn't get a yonko's support during the WCI arc so perhaps he will seek out the strawhats for that. I don't think luffy would accept him however there's the little issue that the strawhat grand fleet is made up of whoever wants to join. So if judge meets the others then perhaps they won't exactly have it in themselves to object. From how WCI turned out I kinda get the feeling judge might consider fixing his children's emotions so perhaps next time we see them they might be quite different.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Did Vegapunk set up Gorosei?

Pirate Queen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Still salty that Boa got such a lame title card. Everyone else got to look badass and she was getting choked out by Blackbeard. Buggy's the exception, but he deserved that.
Lame title card? Bro, a yonko was too afraid to let her go for fear of being one shot like a fodder.

I guess it's a matter of perspective but for me that was peak as far as boa's reintroduction was concerned. And even in a desperate situation she looked damned sexy 😏

Pro Ban Corps

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
England
Wait I’m reading the English translation and no sweat on Chibi Hawks face. What’s doing on?

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
With all the tecnology, why not put some kind of sound system from the main laboratory that Vegapunk can speak to every place in the island? With this he can say stop anytime and can be heard.
With all the insane technology on display, every Seraphim should have a radio tranceiver built into their skulls so that Vegapunk can always command them no matter where they are. But despite the fact he can do damn near anything, Vegapunk hasn't cracked the code of not relying on Den Den Mushi for communication.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Lame title card? Bro, a yonko was too afraid to let her go for fear of being one shot like a fodder.

I guess it's a matter of perspective but for me that was peak as far as boa's reintroduction was concerned. And even in a desperate situation she looked damned sexy 😏
Sexyness notwithstanding, I'd still have vastly preferred if she were doing, say, her trademark looking-down-so-far-she's-leaning-backwards pose on her reintroduction page. Her first scene back in forever being victimized while 99% of every title card is a character at their absolute coolest is blegh.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Still salty that Boa got such a lame title card. Everyone else got to look badass and she was getting choked out by Blackbeard. Buggy's the exception, but he deserved that.
Still salty Boa character is nothing but a Luffy simp.

Hrathgrath

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's kinda funny that Oda draws men aging gracefully, but women all age like they're falling down the ugly tree and hitting every branch on the way down. Big Mom, Buckingham Stussy, and Shinobu all looked beautiful in their youth, then ugly as adults.😂

JStackz26

Reaction score
Country
United States
The optimal way to read these spoilers is to lower your expectations when they hype Zoro and raise them when Sanji is in a difficult situation...

Goodnight kisses are different these days...
A vampire and a monster cat.
Underworld
Vampires vs Lycans
Lucci about to wake up mutated.

I just noticed the lipstick thing stussy has aimed at Lucci it looked like the simulation of a heterosexual erotic nipple pinch during a kiss at first.