1. We Never Learn, U19, Demon Prince Poro's Diaries, Hungry Marie, Dr. Stone, Robot x Laserbeam. Tell us what you think of the newest additions to the WSJ line-up HERE!
  2. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!

3. Congratulations Ustegius for winning the Brothers set contest!, and well done to the other participants!.
    New Week, New Contest!
    Time for a short story. The theme is Dystopia. Showcase your writting skills!

Voting has begun for the Self Portrait Drawing contest!.
  4. The Waifu Wars 2017 Semifinals have begun! Bring the salt and cast your votes!
  5. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  6. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Chapter One Piece Chapter 872 Discussion/873 Predictions

Discussion in 'Tree of Knowledge' started by desin24, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Juaniyyoo

Juaniyyoo Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

France
    So, what do you think happened to Caesar for his last sentence bubble to pop up like that ?

I don't think he we leave the storyline that easily. What do you guys think ?

2. Eigengrau

Eigengrau Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

The Wall
    I'm probably one of very few people that want/think he could join the SHs, but that's a discussion for the other thread I guess.

As for what happened? No idea, maybe he just left.

I find it very, very curious how Nami brought up the stuff that he did on Punk Hazard.
    [​IMG]
    Has anyone else brought it up in the meantime, besides Nami in the latest chapter? Possibly, but I can't recall.

So, maybe I could be reading too much into it, but to me it feels like Nami is digging up the past (which wasn't that long ago, actually... like 2 weeks ago or something, maybe less? I don't recall) because very soon this will be brought up again.

> "Yeah, Caesar did all that, HOWEVER..."
    > [insert valid reason/excuse as to why they should let him on the Sunny]

I know many people aren't open to this, but to me it just makes sense for him to join the actual crew at some point. On Zou he became "Cedar", on Whole Cake Island he became "Gastino"... yes, all those "personalities" came about because of the circumstances, but it's like Oda is making the Caesar character go through all these steps to show that he can actually change, maybe even redeem himself and become a better person/character.

If Nami could forgive Hacchi who, let's not forget, was part of the group responsible for her enslavement and Belle-mère's death, I don't see why she wouldn't be able to forgive Caesar.

She'll probably just say something stupid like:
    "Fine, but you're gonna have to pay a fee. 1 billion berries per day."
    [​IMG]
    And then move on.

Maybe during their escape someone will get hurt, maybe through a poisonous DF ability or something, and Caesar will say that he can help cure them (+ Chopper) thanks to something that he stole from Big Mom or whatever, idk., but that would be a reasonable scenario.

I mean, Caesar has already been with the crew for 220+ Chapters, just make it official already.

~

Speaking of wich, does anyone know what those characters (symbols) mean?
    The ones that can be seen to the left of Vito when he's saying "Father... it looks like...", and below Caesar's (I assume) "Oii!!"
    [​IMG]
    Is he trailing off?
    Or are those sounds coming from the chaotic scene/citizens?

Either way - unless I'm interpreting this the wrong way - Caesar is obviously bothered that no one is paying him any attention and are letting him go... does he REALLY mean it when he says he doesn't want to see them again?

Hopefully the next chapter will shed more light on this Caesar matter.

Hell, for all we know we could be getting a Caesar + SH (like Chopper or Brook, someone who would vouch for him afterwards) unlikely double team against Big Mom's crew while they're both trying to escape.

Anyway, I think there's a ton of scenarios where Caesar could end up doing something that will make him look slightly less bad in the SHs' eyes.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    Enima likes this.
  3. Hannibal Psyche

Hannibal Psyche Registered User

United Kingdom
    I've seen this idea floating around about Big Mom eating a DF user and dying.

I don't think Big Mom just eats people. She only ate Mother Carmel and the other kids while in a state of ecstasy due to the Semla.

When she goes on a rampage, we've never seen her eat a person. So I personally don't find this scenario to be plausible as there's no evidence to support and more so since they're 2 distinctly different circumstances.

I'm curious as to whether she's going to kill Smoothie, or would she be saved by Katakuri if she's incapable of escaping?

And in the event Soul Pocus is invoked, what happens should someone interfere?

During the first rampage, her rage was targeted at food. In this case, it might be worse because it will be directly aimed at her children should they interfere. This is a really bad situation for the BM Pirates and more so Katakuri since he's the most likely to save any of his siblings.

If only Bobbin were around, maybe he could put her to sleep assuming the conditions necessary to induce drowsiness is unrelated to strength or specific conditions. It then begs the question that if we assume he can just put anyone to sleep, why didn't they just send for him to get her unconscious and then take the 30 minutes to make the Croqeumbouche.

Only other ability that would have worked in the favour of the BM Pirates in this situation would have been the Noro Noro Beam if only it could slow someone down for days.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 17, 2017, Original Post Date: Jul 17, 2017 ---
    Yeah, those are Sound Effects (SFX). The translators do not really translate them, but the official translations do. They make things a lot clearer to understand by adding more context to actions.

[​IMG]

The SFX near Vito is "RAHHH" which refers to aloud rumbling of noise and Caesar is saying Hello, he's getting ignored, lol. Perhaps, he's grown close to them. Like when there's contact between 2 things, might get the SFX "WHAM" or if the wind blows, might get "FWOOSH". They add a lot more context and should be observed if one has access to the VIZ or online sites that upload them.

And regarding Caesar, I'm not opposed to it. I think anyone can be redeemed, but I commented on Caesar's possible departure and the possible implications:
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 17, 2017 ---
    [​IMG]

Oda's humour is just great, lol. Can see the Le Kaboom followed by a "Buckaw" SFX. Can't wait for this to be animated.

4. Eigengrau

The Wall
    Thanks for clearing that up, so yeah I was right about it being Caesar who gets a bit bummed over the whole thing.

As for your suggestion, I don't know how likely it would be for Caesar to be accepted by the Marines, even with Akainu being the top guy now. I'm just saying this because of Fujitoras words that hinted at the Shichibukai system being abolished in the near future + Law's words to Smoker at Punk Hazard
    [​IMG]
    I get the feeling that they wouldn't exactly need Caesar, especially when they already have the nº1 scientist.

If anything, the capture/imprisonment of Caesar would probably be the most recent and best thing to come out of the navy, something they could use to save some "face".

Now I know that both things don't really tie-in with Caesar's ability to create new weapons, but at this stage I just don't think that he would be worth to them that much. A lot of people have been shitting on the Marines/WG for a long time because of the Shichibukai, if word got out that they were now using a war criminal as well I think a lot of people would lose it.

I could kinda buy your scenario if Caesar joined the Marines at a time where Vegapunk decided to flee/quit (I've always had the feeling that he's been kinda put to use against his own will/without much of a choice) and ended up joining the SHs (we know that the SHs will meet him eventually), but I see a few problems with this:

- Caesar's been a "main" character for over 200 chapters now, to trade him for Vegapunk feels a bit pointless;
    - and more importantly, Caesar has the goal/dream of wanting to surpass Vegapunk and become nº1 (like how Luffy wants to reach the top, like how Zoro wants to become the nº1 Swordsman, etc.), he has all that room to grow, while Vegapunk doesn't, really, he's already the "top".

Hannibal Psyche likes this.
  5. Hannibal Psyche

United Kingdom
    What role do you think he'll have in the arc being that it takes a day to leave by ship? Maybe he'll join the Germa, I'm sure they could still find use for him.

tony p likes this.
  6. Eigengrau

The Wall
    Honestly I can't see him "join" anyone else because I feel like they would all try to use them for their own personal gains, and if Caesar won't deliver what they want specifically, they would just kill him.

If he stays on WCI, he's a dead man (since he can't give Big Mom what she wants), if Kaido's crew gets his hands on him and find that he can no longer make Smiles (I think?), they'd kill him too, and so would any other underworld broker so that no one else might get an advantage by acquiring him.

I mean, sure, with everything that's happened between Germa and Big Mom, Judge and Caesar would probably find some common ground, but let's face it, the Germa are all a pieces of (emotionless) shit, and we know all too well how Caesar is like, so I feel like it would only be a matter of time until they start shoving Caesar around and treat him like crap.

I must admit that with the Germa Kingdom being literally always on the move, and how they get paid by other countries to start/end conflicts, Caesar's intellect could indeed prove useful, and I could see him getting some sort of protection from all that, but ehhh, in the end no one would risk their life for him (except maybe the disposable Germa soldiers I guess)...

That's why I stand by my point that staying on the Sunny/becoming a SH is the best possible place in the world for him, because he'd be able to get back at every single person/corporation that wants to use him/kill him.

Instead of "hurting kids", he'd be a valuable asset in getting back at the Marines, Yonko, other pirate crew, brokers, Super Novae, etc., and he might even find himself some people who would actually put their lives on the line for him.

I know how it's easy for some people to look at what I've just wrote and laugh, and to be honest if nothing of this sort ever happens I guess it would also make sense, can't really blame Oda, but personally I would really like it if he joined.

I'd be a bit bummed out if after all this time and everything they went through he just went away.

I mean, Kaido is up ahead with his Zoan army, which Caesar helped create, so I think it would also be fitting to have him there and help "undo" it, that could prove to be one of their aces in the hole, and who knows, something "cool" like that (like, I don't know, Caesar having a way to "deactivate"/nullify those man-made Zoans?) could be what ends up winning the SHs over if nothing else happens in the meantime.

7. Korndavis

Korndavis Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Brazil
    This point of yours, that climax cant be built up by the same level in a different arc, its really strong, the only important match up that have had more than 1 encounter in different arcs is BB, for obvious reasons... I feel like a stuborn baby right now, dont know why I cant acept Luffy helping but I see it as possible.

also @Hannibal Psyche Bobbin has been shot in the back remember? I dont think he will appear, but if the SH's were to find Pekoms he would for sure ask for help once he know what is going on with BM actual tantrum...

@Eigengrau I was thinking that VP may help the SH's in the future, this could be a opening for CC to join the Marines, that would sound bad for them though, CC has a infamous reputation as for VP I dont now, cant remember what has been said in the manga... CC cant go MIA for the rest of the manga, I think of him as a important character now and expect him to play a role again but now I see it as finished, but joining German seems like a possible course of action thought!

*Edited
    Forgot to say! One thing I most expect from next chapter is Pudding, WTH we must see her next chapter there is no way... She is missing from like 3 chapters? She isnt with the SH's, she must be with BM's crew...

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017 at 12:05 AM
  8. Hannibal Psyche

United Kingdom
    I forgot about Pekoms. He's not been around for so long. Bobbins must be done for as you said. He's unlikely to be as lucky as Pekoms who had his durable shell. He's likely still severely injured.

9. hokageji

hokageji Registered User

India
    Just read the official translation, so much better IMO.

I think Tamago's comment " The tilt isnt correcting itself" is because of his DF ability, chicken as chickens tend to keep a steady head by autocorrection.
    The difference between "tilt isnt Stopping" {MS}, and " the tilt isnt correcting itself" {viz} is little, but enough to stress that....

Even Strusen's line is different, but not significant. It was also interesting to see that some authors had OP easter eggs, I read HxH but couldnt catc any..

Lol, me too... that was really funny..

10. Shobu_Yoruichi

Shobu_Yoruichi Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Chile
    If just Oda could've put the Mira Mira to reflect also in other people, aside of animals, i would love to share a discussion with you guys, who's gonna trouble first Fishman Island... Madame's premonition with a little change, not just a guy with a strawhat, but thousands!

The normal think to theorize are that both, Linlin & Kaido, got their reasons to go, Mom for vendetta and Kaido to pick Poseidon, i see that happening after Wano obviously, so maybe i will be commenting this in 4 years again xD Anyways, what i'm sure is that Cracker will be like 100 times stronger and gotta feed with dust all those jaws, because he's the best.

11. M3J

M3J MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Akatsuki
    HOw does it, though? Those "personalities" came about because, as you said, circumstances. Has he ever shown concern for another without selfish motives? Even throughout the plan he was worried about himself and was forced to help because Bege had his heart hostage. As far as I know, nothing so far showed that he could actually change.

And Hacchi was part of the group responsible, but he was not the leader. Caesar was, and he's the one who came up with experimenting on kids and letting them die. Hacchi at least showed concern for another's life, Caimie's. His road to redemption started when he begged the Straw Hats to save Caimie from Duvall's group, and from there he showed to be a good guy. Caesar however was willing to sacrifice anyone to get what he wanted or to preserve his life, including innocent kids, and he only cooperated because his heart was held hostage. Caesar has yet to give any indication he changed for the better or cares about someone but himself.

tl;dr: Hacchi earned Nami's forgiveness. Caesar hasn't.

12. Hannibal Psyche

United Kingdom
    Interesting point about Poseidon. Caribou knows about Poseidon and he was defeated by Kaido's underlings if I recall correctly. Wonder what's come of him.

13. hokageji

hokageji Registered User

India
    I dont think Brulee has even let them know that they have the Poneglyph's inscriptions. IMagine the shitstorm Mama would start once that is revealed.

--- Double Post Merged, Jul 18, 2017 at 11:22 PM ---
    Oh yes, he got whacked by X Drake and was dragged away in a marine vessel looking ship... Thats Drake's ship so Drake may have taken him to Kaido's location... for someone who thinks Logias are superior, he surely is gonna get torn apart there....
    THat is a very strong possibility now... Poseidon can control Sea Kings making Shirahoshi King/Queen of the SeaKings... Kaido is just a King of the beasts and that'll make things different.

14. Hrathgrath

Hrathgrath Registered User

United States
    That sound effect is waaaaa not raaaaa. That first kana is wa not ra

15. hokageji

hokageji Registered User

India
    I think he is talking about the official scans which say rah, not waa...

16. xzaizenx

xzaizenx Registered User

Singapore
    I think he will stay with Bege.

17. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

Galactic Empire
    Now that I think about it, jinbe doesn't know that luffy is about to take on kaido. I wonder how he will react when the situation comes to that... I mean, they just rescued sanji from big mom, I can't imagine him being cool about luffy pissing off big mom in the middle of taking down kaido.

Perhaps this is yet another reason why oda has set up this scenario where big mom alone and crazed is chasing after luffy and co. Luffy has done absolutely everything to piss her off short of murdering her. So it is not a stretch that big mom would continue to persecute luffy non stop even through his fight with kaido. Perhaps we can make the case that this is further reason for big mom to actually suffer damage from luffy and co? I already suggested that luffy and his allies are a sufficient force to hurt big mom as she is now, provided she is alone. Perhaps plotwise this is necessary since there has to be something that prevents luffy from fighting two yonko at the same time.

On another note, I still am not sure that luffy and co have a force large enough to take on kaido. Even with his entire crew and his allies they should come short since it is more than overwhelmingly clear that even luffy can't go up against kaido's top subordinates yet. He could barely go up against cracker, let alone katakura and smoothie who stand on the same level as jack... And jack is no joke at all considering how he fought the mink. Pedro alone fought a big mom fighter work over 300 mil and it seems like there were at least a handful of mink capable of at least that along with the mink leaders who are even stronger. So if luffy takes on kaido he would be taking on, well, kaido, 3 other people like jack along with the handful of people who make up kaido's main crewmembers. And of course the allied crews and whatnot, if it comes to that. Not to mention that wano itself seems like is allied to kaido at the time being. I guess if they get wano on th strawhats side then it would even things out. And thinking about it at least 3 other supernova, potentially 4, will be up against kaido as well. Still, 5 supernova, the strawhat fleet, and jinbe with his crew do not seem like a sufficient force to take down the full might of a yonko. I guess it is possible we don't get to see the full might of a yonko.

18. Eigengrau

The Wall
    Jinbei be like
    [​IMG]
    But then
    [​IMG]
    "Wtf did I expect, it's Luffy lul"

Eeeh... I know we haven't seen nearly enough from all those Commanders (except maybe Cracker), but on the same level as Jack? I mean come on, Jack was overhyped, turned out to be just shit, again, from what we saw.

Now, I know what's been said - and proven - for a few years now, that just "because" they're Zoans, doesn't mean they're not strong/couldn't kick a Logia's ass, etc... but seriously, what was there so special about Jack? He was just strength, pretty much. Maybe he can turn into a huge, armored (haki) mammoth or something, but other than that there didn't seem to be much going on there.

I dare say that someone like Zoro, Law and Luffy could easily solo him. For all I know Chopper could take him down, too. Maybe it's not fair to make these assumptions because Jack was one-shotted by a one-of-a-kind thing, but still.

Just because the Yonko have Commanders doesn't mean that they are all on the exact same level. Kaido's could (should) be more vicious given their nature, while others could be more laid back, I don't know.

I mean, I understand, as a Commander directly below a Yonko, you're expected to meet a certain level of expectation, but the "requirements" will surely vary from Yonko to Yonko.

Like, if I was a Yonko, would I really pick someone like Cracker for a Commander, who can't even stand to be injured? No matter how strong he might be, that's just not someone I'd want to have on my team. Jack, on the other hand, didn't give a crap about anything or anyone and just rolled with it, fucking up everyone's shit, not afraid to get his hands wet.

hokageji likes this.
  19. M3J

M3J MH Senpai

Akatsuki
    Cracker as a commander is a great choice. LUffy by himself couldn't beat Cracker, I imagine it'd take some sort of speed for him to win. Not to mention, wasn't Cracker sent flying back for miles? Even if he could take the damage, he was too far to fight Luffy, no? Jack on the other hand is pretty reckless, not the kind of commander I'd want. He and Ace have power, but power is nothing if they don't know when to retreat and live to fight another day.

I think Kaidou's main advantage here is that his crew has numerous devil fruit users, probably the most fruit users in any crew. If anything, that should put Kaidou's crew above most Yonkou, but the fact that he hasn't launched an all-out war against a Yonkou might imply that his crew doesn't have the overwhelming power to do so.

In any case, we won't be seeing Straw Hats take on Kaidou's crew without full power, and likely without more people to help them. Marco and his group will probably join the fight. Wonder who else.

20. hokageji

hokageji Registered User

India
    Moria will definitely join. Former Shichibukai, escaped death and no one has an idea where he's been for 2 years.. This makes perfect timing for his reappearance....