Chapter One Piece Chapter 929 Discussion/ 930 Predictions - NEXT CHAPTER OUT ~18TH JAN

nik87

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Country
Tartaros
Would be best if they hide from Drake and the others since there is only a week to go and fighting unnecessarily is stupid.
I agree that they would most likely lose if they dont get any reinforcements and fighting unnecessarily is always stupid but it happens anyway.
They always beat up anything and everything, needed or not. Also, it's necessary to clash with Supernovas to get them on the side of Strawhats, if that's supposed to happen that is.

thedude

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Country
United States
unfortunately for you Oda has! hyped Kid,Drake and Teach!
Blackbeard is part of worst gen! and since time-skip Oda has said Kid, Drake and Teach have been making the most moves!

No skirmish will happen since if it does Law, Sanji and Franky cant match up to Drake because of the hype Oda himself has done!
I didn't say he hasn't hyped Kid Drake or Teach. Obviously Blackbeard more than any others (and I guess he could be part of the worst generation, I thought it more referred to the super novas, but not a big deal). Kid and Drake weren't as hyped as Law only because you've seen Law more, as a Shichibukai and in a bunch of arcs in a row now. Kid and Drake have been relatively hidden from our eyes, so the hype isn't really in the pages of the manga to be honest, its more in the "unknown".

I won't bother with your last sentence, it's trolling, and i don't care for that to be honest.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The Worst Generation includes Blackbeard because since the Battle at Marineford, many major incidents that have happened around the world involved the Supernova or him.
I guess i conflated the worst generation with supernova's, but I can see it being "Supernovas + Blackbeard", so was mistaken there.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

and here you go.
ladies and gentlemen...another useless discussion about Sanji being or not good enough.

Please Oda, let Sanji do something relevant so maybe they will stop arguing about his power level.

or maybe not.
lol, if Sanji beats Page One, come back to discuss the chapter and you'll see people say "Page One is the weakest of the Flying Six". I hope you don't think fanboy hate for Sanji is ever going away here.

King Moe

Country
United States
I agree that they would most likely lose if they dont get any reinforcements and fighting unnecessarily is always stupid but it happens anyway.
They always beat up anything and everything, needed or not. Also, it's necessary to clash with Supernovas to get them on the side of Strawhats, if that's supposed to happen that is.
Nah, they will survive and beat them. Shouldn't underestimate what Sanji and Law can do on turning tables especially if they take advantage of their surroundings even with the numbers games from the other side.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Country
Akatsuki
How is Blackbeard part of the Worst Generation when he's decades older?

nik87

Country
Tartaros
Nah, they will survive and beat them. Shouldn't underestimate what Sanji and Law can do on turning tables especially if they take advantage of their surroundings even with the numbers games from the other side.
I dont wanna turn this into another pointless debate of my opinion vs your opinion, we both stated our opinions and leave it at that.
The quality of fighters is on the side of Beast Pirates since they have two Supernova captains and one combatant of unknown power compared to one Supernova captain and 2 lower ranked combatants(Sanji and Franky).
You think they would win, a possible scenario no doubt, we will see how it goes if they end up fighting for real.

Because he made his name known at the same time the Supernovas appeared.

thedude

Country
United States
I think it's just because he was such an unknown when he showed up. Even Drake and Bege seem older than the others in the "generation". Luffy, Law and Kidd are likely the same actual generation, but not all of them are the same age.

King Moe

Country
United States
I dont wanna turn this into another pointless debate of my opinion vs your opinion, we both stated our opinions and leave it at that.
The quality of fighters is on the side of Beast Pirates since they have two Supernova captains and one combatant of unknown power compared to one Supernova captain and 2 lower ranked combatants(Sanji and Franky).
You think they would win, a possible scenario no doubt, we will see how it goes if they end up fighting for real.

Because he made his name known at the same time the Supernovas appeared.
I expect something to happen don't worry. Though them losing isn't it especially Frankly being there. Plus they are after to kill which I don't see them killing Sanji and Law no matter what happens. Pretty sure it be something we won't expect is all. I understand your opinion, but just saying to keep options open from my side.

Shasha23

Country
Dragonstone
Beating anything on their way is Luffy not the trio here, if Luffy was here and they fought i would agree that they would end up helping Luffy since Luffy is very charismatic but i just dont see Drake, PageOne or Basil deciding to help because of Franky and Sanji!

I didn't say he hasn't hyped Kid Drake or Teach. Obviously Blackbeard more than any others (and I guess he could be part of the worst generation, I thought it more referred to the super novas, but not a big deal). Kid and Drake weren't as hyped as Law only because you've seen Law more, as a Shichibukai and in a bunch of arcs in a row now. Kid and Drake have been relatively hidden from our eyes, so the hype isn't really in the pages of the manga to be honest, its more in the "unknown".

I won't bother with your last sentence, it's trolling, and i don't care for that to be honest..
I doesn't matter what you guess the fact is Teach is part of the worst generation and on multiple occasions Oda has hyped up Teach, Kid and Drake to have done more than the others, Law was never hyped he was just introduced before the others!
Oda has hyped up Kid, Drake and Teach by using multiple people to state this he has even said Law was not ment to have as much impact as Kid for example which tell us Oda truly will make Drake, Kid and Teach more relevant than Law or any other member of the worst generation excluding Luffy and Zoro!

Was i even talking to you..no you just jumped into the conversation!

and here you go.
ladies and gentlemen...another useless discussion about Sanji being or not good enough.

Please Oda, let Sanji do something relevant so maybe they will stop arguing about his power level.
Its not a useless discussion when what is stated is FACTS!

If you think Sanji will beat a supernova who is part of the top 5 then clearly you dont know what your talking about because the top 5 are fighting for the top with Luffy!

TheSadFed

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Country
Italy
Beating anything on their way is Luffy not the trio here, if Luffy was here and they fought i would agree that they would end up helping Luffy since Luffy is very charismatic but i just dont see Drake, PageOne or Basil deciding to help because of Franky and Sanji!

I doesn't matter what you guess the fact is Teach is part of the worst generation and on multiple occasions Oda has hyped up Teach, Kid and Drake to have done more than the others, Law was never hyped he was just introduced before the others!
Oda has hyped up Kid, Drake and Teach by using multiple people to state this he has even said Law was not ment to have as much impact as Kid for example which tell us Oda truly will make Drake, Kid and Teach more relevant than Law or any other member of the worst generation excluding Luffy and Zoro!

If you think Sanji will beat a supernova who is part of the top 5 then clearly you dont know what your talking about because the top 5 are fighting for the top with Luffy!

do i really need to reply you? lol

i don’t lose my time making useless comparison between characters. One Piece surprised us so many times during this long journey (from being a youngster to a boring almost 30 like me) that i fully understood there is no sense arguing about who is stronger...

the whole manga is not based on power levels but maybe some of you (huge part of op fans) still dont get. Its ok.

Shasha23

Country
Dragonstone

i don’t lose my time making useless comparison between characters. One Piece surprised us so many times during this long journey (from being a youngster to a boring almost 30 like me) that i fully understood there is no sense arguing about who is stronger...

the whole manga is not based on power levels but maybe some of you (huge part of op fans) still dont get. Its ok.
Im not arguing who is stronger im simply stating facts that Oda has established regarding hierarchy!

If there where no power levels then Oda wouldn't have made ranking and titles as indication of who is stronger than who, wanting character A to beat character B when the narrative doesn't agree with you is simply being ignorant of facts!

AINSOOALGOWN_SAMA

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Country
Nigeria
The truth is... the cake baker (as someone correctly pointed out)) will likely remain a cake baker until he's redeemed which may or may not happen.
He(cake baker) should be able to hold his own against a Supernova albeit expected to lose if fight drags on.

BB is one of the Yonko! Of course multiple hype is expected. Getting or not getting hyped isn't a reliable indication of how strong a character is until backed up by screentime. We need to see these guys in action before making judgements.

BB has shown his worth (a little). Kid, Drake, Hawkins and a few Supernova – nothing much.

Six strongest headliners vs 2 (probably 3) capable characters. They are outnumbered if not outmatched to say the least. Something interesting is bound to happen.

This arc we can expect him fighting head-on more since he be fighting Queen later on and Law if he is fighting King and Kaido with Luffy and Kidd.
This is my problem with some people. They just blurt out words with no evidence to back it up.

Question: How are you so certain Sanji will be fighting Queen – the kind of guys his captain is still struggling to beat recently – later on in the arc? That's totally outrageous.
I can't blame those who go out of their way to mocking Sanji cos of baseless statements like this.

Last edited:

thedude

Country
United States

...I said that he hyped up Teach, that much is obvious! Who denies that? Blackbeard is basically being built up as a sort of end boss! But lets not use that to then bring in Drake and Kidd, they haven't nearly the hype of Blackbeard, and i think you all are grouping them for that purpose...

Yes, I can jump into conversations...it's a message board.

TheSadFed

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Country
Italy
Im not arguing who is stronger im simply stating facts that Oda has established regarding hierarchy!

If there where no power levels then Oda wouldn't have made ranking and titles as indication of who is stronger than who, wanting character A to beat character B when the narrative doesn't agree with you is simply being ignorant of facts!
oh really ?!
so now op is based on power levels? and you are calling me ignorant for saying the exact opposite? this is absurd

first of all, ranking and titles you are calling out (including also bounties) are not based on power levels and you should know this. but im not calling you ignorant for ignoring this just to be “right” (bah)

titles, ranking, bounties and position are a sum of different things including also power but not only and this means the manga is not only based on POWER.

if we want talk about something relevant, op is based on the meaning of friendship, freedom, plot twist, stories to be discovered and more.
if you want to focus on battles (a part of the manga) we have tons of examples of understimated characters surpassing their opponents (and this is showed also by the main character of the manga several times...)

so i think this should enough to stop right now this useless discussion.
i don’t care about Sanji being or not on supernovas level, why should i care?
i love him as i love all the other characters, for being kinda unique. i dont give a shit about him being a super fighter or not. and arguing about him vs zoro, vs page one, vs law will not bring me somewhere.

the real interesting discussions are about the one piece, theories about how the story will evolve, who will fight who.
is useless trying to strongly affirm (insulting other people as you did) “this character sucks, there is no chance he will win against this other character”

this is stupid, thats a concrete thing.

Oda is surprising us every time. we have no reason to firmly think about someone being more strong than another one. power is something they can evolve.

please lets stop here this discussion (me and you) because you are totally losing the focus of what im trying to say...

thedude

Country
United States

Thank you! I don't get why people have so much trouble with your last point. This isn't Dragonball Z, where each new enemy is exponentially stronger than the last. We've seen the upper limits of power already years ago at Marineford, with Whitebeard and the admirals. So who cares about that stuff? Fans should focus on what's important, the adventure, the twists and turns of the story. And yes, the cool fights, but the fights don't exist to satisfy fanboy battles on message boards.

McNuss

Country
Germany
If Sanji wants to prove he is better than Luffy and Zoro, all he has to do is listen to Law (which the others were unable to)
Because sometimes brains > brawns.

King Moe

Country
United States
The truth is... the cake baker (as someone correctly pointed out)) will likely remain a cake baker until he's redeemed which may or may not happen.
He(cake baker) should be able to hold his own against a Supernova albeit expected to lose if fight drags on.

BB is one of the Yonko! Of course multiple hype is expected. Getting or not getting hyped isn't a reliable indication of how strong a character is until backed up by screentime. We need to see these guys in action before making judgements.

BB has shown his worth (a little). Kid, Drake, Hawkins and a few Supernova – nothing much.

Six strongest headliners vs 2 (probably 3) capable characters. They are outnumbered if not outmatched to say the least. Something interesting is bound to happen.

This is my problem with some people. They just blurt out words with no evidence to back it up.

Question: How are you so certain Sanji will be fighting Queen – the kind of guys his captain is still struggling to beat recently – later on in the arc? That's totally outrageous.
I can't blame those who go out of their way to mocking Sanji cos of baseless statements like this.
You do realize the arc is leading to it and has push on those two fighting since Queen already sent her best after Sanji. That give evidence they later fight and plus everyone still trains and get stronger for the next arc. We seen Luffy getting stronger next arc to defeat the main antagonist, so it's the same with his crew and allies getting stronger too.

AINSOOALGOWN_SAMA

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Country
Nigeria
You do realize the arc is leading to it and has push on those two fighting since Queen already sent her best after Sanji. That give evidence they later fight and plus everyone still trains and get stronger for the next arc. We seen Luffy getting stronger next arc to defeat the main antagonist, so it's the same with his crew and allies getting stronger too.
I get what you are saying. Apparently most (if not all) of the Strawhats will receive a power growth this arc.
It might actually be possible especially with Sanji getting a raid suit for him to be at the level of a low tier YC come the end of this arc – that'll be sth of an explosive growth in power.
I have no doubt a raid suited Sanji will be conclusively more powerful than any of the Vinsmoke family member with their raid suit on but it remains to be seen how much boost he'll get from it.

a) Enough firepower to defeat a YC one on one
OR
b) Enough firepower to defeat a Supernova one on one

Personally, I'll go for option (b) but I'll definitely like to be surprised by Oda Sensei.

Crap *sweats* this looks like a Power Level-ish kinda post. Better add in sth related to the chapter.

Komurasaki looks more beautiful than Hancock. Is it just me or are my eyes starting to lose their prowess.

Last edited:

Lexusflame

Country
United States
I get what you are saying. Apparently most (if not all) of the Strawhats will receive a power growth this arc.
It might actually be possible especially with Sanji getting a raid suit for him to be at the level of a low tier YC come the end of this arc – that'll be sth of an explosive growth in power.
I have no doubt a raid suited Sanji will be conclusively more powerful than any of the Vinsmoke family member with their raid suit on but it remains to be seen how much boost he'll get from it.

a) Enough firepower to defeat a YC one on one
OR
b) Enough firepower to defeat a Supernova one on one

Personally, I'll go for option (b) but I'll definitely like to be surprised by Oda Sensei.
I think for the most part YC= Supernova

At least Hawkins, Urouge, X Drake, Luffy, Kidd, and Law are...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)