Info - One Piece Manga/Anime - Questions and Answers | Page 27 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Info One Piece Manga/Anime - Questions and Answers

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:hmm Seems I dropped the ball there, my bad guys.

ced13

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
Which one's the episode where you see Roger's execution and all the great personalities present??

Eigengrau

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Which one's the episode where you see Roger's execution and all the great personalities present??
Chapter 0/Episode 0, the one that came out before Strong World.

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Am also one of those who would like to see Bellamy as one of Luffy crew.8

I think that Bellamy will sacrifice himself and help Luffy to defeat Mingo

Luffy is from east blue.

Do you think that at the end of manga east blue will be recognize as strongest ocean.
We got Luffy , Zoro, Dragon, Sanji, Shanks, Sabo, ect.
Sanji and Shanks are not from East blue, but it's actually funny that people concided east as the weakest when you have people like Dragon, Garp, Luffy, Zoro, Sabo, Benn Beckman, Roger, etc all being from east blue

Notice me Escanor senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Re: a question about the character hody jones

in which episodes hody Jones makes the gesture with the language in this way, here: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/0Bm2ezhnJJ4/maxresdefault.jpg. I know that he does in the episode 599 but in other episodes he does also
It happens in the middle of episode 559, right after the Noah starts chasing Shirahoshi and Luffy is in the ocean.He creates a bubble and Hody slips behind him then does that particular gesture.
You can see him do it in the preview for that episode. I'm not aware he did it in other episodes, and frankly I don't see why it's so important.

Last edited by a moderator:

monet1992

Reaction score
Country
Italy
is in turn the statue of kaku turned into a giraffe. I can not find

Stiltzkin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

can someone points me to a chapter when Doffy said he want to get Momonosuke?

Stiltzkin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
What about this page:

ooh so its from Jora, thanks... :D
I wonder why Nami said there are 3 keys, which one of them is Momo
I thought Nami already knew Momo is kind of really important person back then

Ipoopshootingstars

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
What chapter is the best one, individually as a chapter regardless of the arc?

KABADAYI

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Hi everyone.

Im sure someone mentioned it before, but i want to ask something to you guys. Im not an expert OP reader who read it carefully but something is bothering me about Shank's scar and his flag.

We know that Shank got his scar when BB is still with WB. And the scar has been there at least 10 years when BB and ace fought each other. Why do Shank's flag has his scar? He changed his flag after he got that scar (which is sounds stupid) or he become captain after scar? (this is also sounds stupid since he is one of the big shots on the sea) Or did he get this scar when he was still a crew on the roger's ship, and got this scar during a war between WB and Roger.

Can anyone explain this to me, or is there a theory about it since it still is not clear. BTW sorry for my english.

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Hi everyone.

Im sure someone mentioned it before, but i want to ask something to you guys. Im not an expert OP reader who read it carefully but something is bothering me about Shank's scar and his flag.

We know that Shank got his scar when BB is still with WB. And the scar has been there at least 10 years when BB and ace fought each other. Why do Shank's flag has his scar? He changed his flag after he got that scar (which is sounds stupid) or he become captain after scar? (this is also sounds stupid since he is one of the big shots on the sea) Or did he get this scar when he was still a crew on the roger's ship, and got this scar during a war between WB and Roger.

Can anyone explain this to me, or is there a theory about it since it still is not clear. BTW sorry for my english.

At Roger's execution we see Shanks asking Buggy to become part of his crew.

You can't really tell if he has the scar or not. I guess either is possible, but I'm leaning more towards him receiving the scar later, and BB used some deception.

I don't think there's enough info about it atm, but starting a crew actually takes a while, so there should be some time between when he decided to get his own crew, and when he received his scar and incorporated it in his jolly roger. Assuming he didn't already have it.

Hannibal Psyche

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Hi everyone.

Intro

Some of the things I'll be saying may be hard to swallow, but this is my own take on it based on all the dots I've pieced together . . .

Aching Scars

What significance do aching scars have? First thing I'd highlight is the significance of ACHING scars in One Piece:

Aching Scar Trend

Chinjao
  1. Chinjao LOST to Garp.
  2. He got SCARRED as a result of this loss.
  3. 30 years later, it still ACHES when he REMEMBERS Garp who he sustained this injury from via defeat.
Luffy
  1. Luffy LOST to Akainu.
  2. He got SCARRED as a result of being overwhelmingly defeated and being powerless.
  3. 2 years later, it ACHES when he REMEMBERS Akainu.
Shanks . . .?
  1. He got SCARRED.
  2. 10+ Years later, it ACHES when he REMEMBERS Blackbeard.
  3. Strongly implies that he did LOSE to Blackbeard.
  4. Bare in mind in Shanks' case, he also says "what aches now" meaning he's possibly significantly lose to someone else too.

. . .Versus Mihawk

Look at the panel, Whitebeard says "duel" referring to a single event or fight, this was probably a duel to decide who the strongest swordsman in the world was.

We're also given hint as to whom came out the victor. Oda uses ellipsis (. . .) in Shanks' silent response to Whitebeard which has negative connotations in this context, it hints that he did lose to Mihawk because it looks like a subject he doesn't want to talk about or remember.

. . .Versus Teach

In fact, when he says whom he sustained this scar from, he says it wasn't from Mihawk which can very well mean, Whitebeard could validly have mistakenly assumed that this scar was the work of Mihawk if under the assumption that he lost to Mihawk, it wouldn't be far-fetched.

Another thing to take into account is after he tells us that Mihawk didn't do it, and that it was Blackbeard's doing even though he wasn't careless, it does show that Blackbeard is equally as formidable as Mihawk to have wounded (euphemism for defeat) Shanks. Bare in mind, he says he wasn't careless, it means it was a legitimate exhibition of Blackbeard being powerful.

Rationale

Digressing a bit, but this is an example. If Zoro got a scar from Tashigi 5 years ago, it'd be pointless for him to justify Tashigi's strength or his defeat by talking about events that took place after 5 years ago. It's like using events that happened today as an excuse for something that happened yesterday, i.e., my dog ate my Pen today, so I couldn't do my homework yesterday. They're just unrelated events because its blaming a past result with future events, so it's logical to assume these adventures and duel with Mihawk took place before his fight with Blackbeard which imply that Blackbeard has always been in the same league as both Shanks and Mihawk himself.

Timing of Scar?/ Conclusion

Shanks also left the New World to go to East-blue when he was 26 and stayed there for a year, the duel he had with Mihawk was probably just before he left for East Blue, so anytime between the ages of 24-26 is my guesstimate for both the duels (Mihawk & Blackbeard), but more information is needed.

Last edited:

Eigengrau

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I just watched the latest episodes of One Piece, and I've got a quick question for you merry bunch;

Was it ever specified whether Ivankov was born a man or a woman? Same question regarding Inazuma.

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I just watched the latest episodes of One Piece, and I've got a quick question for you merry bunch;

Was it ever specified whether Ivankov was born a man or a woman? Same question regarding Inazuma.
Ivankov ruled newkama land, which is a play on new and okama.

Okama means transvestite in Japanese(it can also mean homosexual), and I think it is strictly used for men.So we assume they were both men who were "transformed" into women.
And Ivankov's design is based on this guy

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Since every inhabitants shown in Kamabakka Kingdom wear women clothing, it appears were all born as biological males. I.e. went from male to female.

abu suliman

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
I took this picture from arbic forums it says that aokiji has the absolute zero power...did anyone know the source of it...and if it’s from oda or not?

Styx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I have a question concerning the world of One Piece itself. For a while, whether you read or watch, the show presents itself as being relatively surprised by Devil Fruit users and its existence. It made it seem very rare to even find a fruit and consume it, but later on it seems like everyone and their cousins know about it and or have eaten a fruit to gain abilities.

My question is: is it really rare, or was it just a myth/rare for East Blue?

Eigengrau

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I have a question concerning the world of One Piece itself. For a while, whether you read or watch, the show presents itself as being relatively surprised by Devil Fruit users and its existence. It made it seem very rare to even find a fruit and consume it, but later on it seems like everyone and their cousins know about it and or have eaten a fruit to gain abilities.

My question is: is it really rare, or was it just a myth/rare for East Blue?
You have to kinda take into account the flow of the story, and personally I think it makes sense that at first "it seems rare", but then afterwards not so much.

When the story starts, you're dealing with regular people and citizens in far away countries, you know. They're not exactly the center of the world.

Devil Fruits are, above all, a source of power, so it's no wonder that the further you move towards the New World (where all the pirates are and stuff) you'll find more and more people with abilities and their DF powers.

Also, take into account that piracy involves a lot of stealing, murdering, pillaging, etc., so pretty much any pirate (if he/she works hard enough) could get their hands on a DF over time, since they even usually sell those to the highest bidder.

Besides, it's not like the DFs become "rarer and rarer", because once the user dies the Devil Fruit is always "reborn", so there's always plenty of them around.