One piece new movie, Princess & The pirates of the desert | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

One piece new movie, Princess & The pirates of the desert

ibra87

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Official Movie Site
Trailer 1 (old)
Trailer 2 (shows new footage)
Trailer 3 (thanks to Super-chops from AP) (new one)

Movie to come March the 3rd, 2007, aka 03-03-2007

It's out!!

Download links:
RAW torrent (Screenshots of this RAW)
Vegapunk RAW (link to VP downloads page)

Greg said:
Worst/Most Disappointing anime film I have ever seen.

Ever.

This coming from a man who suffered through the Utena movie.

The Dr. Slump skit was the BEST part. Well, no, that's a lie, the announcement for Movie 9 WITH FRANKY was the best part but if it turns out like this pile of horseshit then it's nothing to get excited over.

Just to give you a general idea, I've seen episodes that look better than this.

I dunno who they sourced the material out to but no one knows how to draw ANYBODY. And not in the cool Movie 6 way, a bad unintential way.

In fact, the only person with consistant/decent animation throughout is Vivi and her limpid eyes. 90% of the budget went towards Vivi's eyes, 5% to Pell's exploding scene (which was actually cool) 4% went to making a big fucking deal over the now boring as fuck and plain annoying X-mark 'Nakama' bullshit scene that has officially jumped the Monda, and 1% evidently went to everything else.

But you know what? Shit animation doesn't bother me. It never has. So what? The overwhelming majority of Japanese (more accurately Korean) animation in this day and age looks like shit anyway. It's so goddamn clean and sharp that the personality and feel of animation has completely left the scene.

The problem is, the story. And not lack of story mind you.

Oh no folks, because when they said they were gonna change it a little at JUMP Festa, they sure as hell meant "a little". Picture all of Arabasta. Now remove the following (in no particular order):

Ace
Marines
Rainbase
Kappa
Vivi's Complete Flashback
Spider's Cafe
2/3 of Operation Utopia
Kung Fu Dugongs

Then imagine packing everything else the fuck into basically an hour and twenty minutes. EVERYTHING. We're talking about Luffy catching Mr. 2 to the raising of the fists.

I was COMPLETELY baffled (and continue to be) in trying to figure exactly for what audience this film was conceived. There is VERY little altered. VERY FUCKING LITTLE!!! I'm not screwing around when I say that. Stuff that DOESN'T need to be in there IS! That in mind, why THE FUCK would any fan in their right mind want to see exactly the same story!!!!!!????????? BECAUSE THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT IT IS!!!!!!! And the fights!!!????

This is insane.

This is the kick in the nuts.

The movie packs so much in, that if you WEREN'T a OP fan you have no hope. There is no chance for survival. Coherency is lost. In fact, the only way to follow the story is to have read the comic or watched it on TV, which again, if you have already done, WHY PAY 18 GODDAMN DOLLARS TO SEE THE SAME STUFF BUT WORSE!!???

Ok, example. We see Usopp and Chopper paired off against MeriKuri and 4. That's all, we just see them basically facing each other.

When we come back, Lassoo is hurling balls, holes are everywhere and MeriKuri in her mole/human form is dragging Usopp around.

WHAT!!!!??????

If I hadn't read the comic, the movie would literally have driven me to the point of insanity. 1 and Double Finger are handled the same. Out of nowhere, Zoro is cutting a man to no effect. Why? No explanation to be found. The only one who actually explained his powers was 2 because of his scene on the boat.

Another point, since there was no Rainbase, the first scene with Croc and Luffy is actually at their first showdown in the comic in the middle of the desert.

They begin talking like old enemies when they've never met.

HUH!!!???

Furthermore, Croc never showed signs of psychic powers, but he manages to find them for no goddamn good reason in the middle of the desert. HUH!!!!?????????

If reading this frustrates you just imagine me sitting there dumbfounded in my seat.

So what did the film actually change? I didn't sit there with a notepad but here's from memory.

Again, no Marines, no Ace. When we see them first on land in Arabasta they're heading for Yuba.

No Rainbase from Yuba, they head instantly for the Rebels before Luffy makes his decision and then split up.

No ocean crossing.

Instead of an arm, Luffy's leg is dried up.

Croc's hook no longer visibly pieces through his side. It makes a bulge in his top.

Sanji is present for the Mr. 2 fiasco on board the ship. When he goes to be touched, he tells 2 not to touch him.

Surprisingly, 'Okama Way' is left on 2's jacket. More on this phenomenon later.

The crab takes the crew right up to BW at the city entrance. The squad doesn't come in until Kaloo is down for the count.

Each crew member ends up with their opponents right away. So Sanji and Eyelash are with 2. (oh, unless I missed it, they just start calling Eyelash by name randomly instead of actually saying it's his name)

The fights are DRASTICALLY abridged!!!!! DRASTICALLY!!!!! Each fight has about three scenes. The match-offs, a few exchanged blows, and the finish. Some of these are REMARKABLY short like Nami's. Since the film moves as fucking warp speed, I figured they were trying to give more time to fights. Nope.

Instead of blasting Double Finger through a building, the final blow shoots her into a bridge which she bounces off of. You've got me on this one. It makes about as much sense as taking off 'anchor'.

An extra scene is added where Croc brings the mummified pirate (the piggy guy) to King Cobra whom he addresses as "Mr. Cobra". This was a much needed scene in the manga to give them some more interaction.

No battle between Luffy and Croc as the palace. Total removal of the Mizu Mizu moves. In fact, total removal of water, only the first time when he manages to grab Croc. He fights entirely with blood.

Kohza is injured by Croc at the palace, there is no attempt made to stop the rebellion.

Kicking Claw Squad is totally out.

Pell comes in to rescue Vivi from Croc when they meet the first time instead of Luffy switching places. This is where Sunday's power is revealed....well....not revealed but seen.

Pell is not seen being shot down. It's only related as a flashback.

As some have already pointed out, elements from their second fight were included in their 2nd/final encounter in this film.

There's an interesting/quirky scene I enjoyed which actually showed Nami untangling Double Finger to get her Tact back. I liked that a lot and felt the manga could really have used that. Very brief but one of those, "Oh yeah, she'd have to do that wouldn't she.", moments.

No Igaram. His wife does everything including the double. No mention is made of him.

No bounties.

No meeting with 2 before the escape.

No Mr. 3.

This did it. This just blew my fucking mind. Despite the piece of garbage ending with the X scene, no Robin joining or even hinted at joining. Okay, all well and good......okay.....then....WHY DID THEY SHOW HER SITTING ALONE AFTER THE EVENT HAVING FLASHBACKS TO OHARA!!!!?????????

I shit you not. Despite her being dumped for the ending, she has a flashback to Ohara burning along with Sauro laughing. THE FUCK!!!????

So those are the scenes that stood out. Obviously there were plenty more corners cut and tiny things tweaked here and there, but overall that's what it was.

So what was good about it?

The opening was awesome. Just downright awesome. Pell flying through the sky with Vivi for the opening was wicked. Unfortunately, slowly but surely you begin to realize that corners are being cut, like a flat scene zoomed in and panned on that should have been animated. From there it all just goes downhill. Fast. Lines are read quickly and often without ANY impact on the viewer. The movie moves at a lightning pace and would easily leave anyone not well-versed in OP in the dust.

Next, leaving in Okama Way was awesome, but then why change it to begin with? Then why leave out the skewering but show blood splattering from soldiers who get their faces mauled? And Sunday's Clutch is more painful-looking than it has EVER been.

They do this effect several times throughout where they pause the animation and overlay a painting of the scene at 'emotional'/important parts like end of battle, etc. The screen pauses and sound stops. This effect works briefly but they pause SO LONG that I actually thought something was wrong with the film. Seriously, you will crack up when you see it. You'll just be like, "Uh...hello? Movie?" Where did this work? One scene and one scene only. Zoro defeating 1.

It was bloody wicked. It needs to be a wallpaper ASAP. It's disgustingly sweet.

And as for the money shot, Luffy beating Croc....I'll be honest...it was pretty damn cool. It definitely was. No denying that. But here again is the problem. The movie moves so damn fucking fast, it's over before you even know it! I mean, Storm never looked more vicious. Croc gets his shit served to him. And someone actually had a bright idea to add something unique *gasp* to the final blow by having Croc sent up through a spire before shooting out into the sky.

Oh and Pell's explosion is cool. The film is basically fellating Pell fanboys. He gets a better scene than ANY of the crew ('cept that one Zoro still-frame)

But anyway, yeah. That's the film in a nutshell. A rushed, disgusting-looking rehash.

In order to see how this film COULD have been, go watch the 10th Anniversary DB film. That took familiar characters and events yet changed them just enough to make it a cool standalone story with plenty of emotion, action and coherency.

This is just the world's longest Arabasta AMV without decent music.

Posters from Battle Frank @ ArlongPark forums:
Battle Franky said:

From what I gather, it'll be a total rework of the Alabasta arc in film form. It's set to come out in the Spring of 2007.

Opening
posted by Alexander Anderson over at AP:

"Compass" by Ai Kawashima (if you want a taste of her voice, clicky here)

From what I've read on APforums. it seems it'll be a recap of Alabasta arc with new footage. A somewhat twisted recap.

Last edited:

infyquest

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
If someone translate the content, I can understand it states.
So we non-jap users can make some intelligent predictions.

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
i dont know what to say... a movie is about 1,5 to 2 hours. thats pretty standard. how the friggin frick are they gonna fit the entire Alabasta story in there :blink. but i guess it will be a whole lot cooler than the other OP movies.

thanks for the info!

white silver

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Oh cool, an HQ remake of the Alabasta Arc. My spines are TINGLING!! I would LOVE to see Mr. 1 and Zorro bash each other out again, one the of the COOLEST fights in the Anime world.

Mugiwara_no_Jack

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Looking forward to it...

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Wait? While I'm quite glad to see Crocodile again, I don't get why they're going to re-work an entire arc that has already been in an anime?

But that's gonna be cool, right? :nuts But I still can't understand how they're going to do this re-work thing. Is Robin already in the StrawHats?

Eh. I'm so confuzled. Somene explain what the movie is about. XD

But yay! Crocodile! :nuts[br]Posted on: November 23, 2006, 04:28:09 AM_________________________________________________Wait. I kinda get it now. -_-; But I want Robin with the Straw Hats T^T That's the only reason why I watched movies 4-7. XD

So this means this takes place before movies 4-7? Or am I missing something here.

ibra87

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
We know as much as you do but: I think so. If Robin is with the straw hats + Crocodile, it'd be lame (methinks). It's probably the whole Alabasta arc (about 40 episodes?) in a movie with lots of cut scenes and improved graphic. Probably add some cooler stuff here and there (you know, the nami effect we know from movie 7 :))

white silver

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
When will this movie be released??

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
ibra87 said:
We know as much as you do but: I think so. If Robin is with the straw hats + Crocodile, it'd be lame (methinks). It's probably the whole Alabasta arc (about 40 episodes?) in a movie with lots of cut scenes and improved graphic. Probably add some cooler stuff here and there (you know, the nami effect we know from movie 7 :))
That's cool and all...but T_T I was kinda hoping for something new.

Although, admitedlly, one of my most favourite fights was definitely Luffy vs. Crocodile. XD Especially water Luffy. XD It'll be interesting to see how they make the arc different...

JoJoJO

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
I wonder if Ace his going to be in it, that would be very interesting I wonder what role he would play in the movie.

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Well, judging the movie's name, i'd guess it's not a remake of the entire arc - unless that's 100% confirmed? - but more of a filler taking place during the alabasta arc? The Desert Pirates where a group of people from a certain filler episode ( somewhere around episode 103/4/5 or so if i'm not mistaken ), and didn't come from the real story. The entire arc in a single movie would be hard, let alone adding filler material... Even if it's just Operation Utopia ( everything after Mr Prince resqued the group 'till the end ), it's still an awful lot of material for a two-hour motion picture...

But be glad, Sawa, at least Robin will be in the movie, in her smexy cowgirl outfit, even though she's a baddy... :D

ibra87

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
That's what we're all wondering about, but you know how the anime is. In the beginning of every episode (especially in Alabasta and Skypiea) they start telling you what happened in the last 30 episodes. Always showing you (a) red arrow(s) moving while a man is talking about the heroes. Perhaps they will sum up the start of the arc that way then start at the point where Luffy gets beaten by Croc? Who knows.

Also in answer to White Silver's question, hmm, one place you can read 2 and 11. Maybe 11th februay? Or 2nd November? 2007 of course. But one on the AP forums said that he thinks it says March 2007.[br]Posted on: November 28, 2006, 09:55:55 PM_________________________________________________New trailer of the movie: http://youtube.com/watch?v=6qY2a65Bg98

Seems like a recap of Alabasta. Also, it's coming out 03-03-2007

The Boff

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
ibra87 said:
Probably add some cooler stuff here and there (you know, the nami effect we know from movie 7 :))
pleeeaaasee nooooooo bouncing boobies sucks.....

LightReaper

Reaction score
I think people are looking into things too much, it's simply a movie adaptation of the Alabasta arc, there won't be any drastic changes to the plot or anything; they are just revisiting it with a much higher budget and shortening it down to spread one of the best arcs in anime to the general public.

venicia777

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
LightReaper said:
I think people are looking into things too much, it's simply a movie adaptation of the Alabasta arc, there won't be any drastic changes to the plot or anything; they are just revisiting it with a much higher budget and shortening it down to spread one of the best arcs in anime to the general public.
this is certainly my thoughts on too. And to me since it is an adaptation the plot may change as much as possible but with a semblance of the original remaining. But still, as you say, Alabasta is definately one of the best arcs in OP-- the first arc to actually make me cry in OP.
and a movie adaptation of an original plot is at least one thing you dont see done a lot.

it could be really good :woot

white silver

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
It would be very good!

*Wow venicia777, you are one heavy poster*

ibra87

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Crossbone from Kaizoku-fansubs' forum has taken a picture of the movie poster:

Nami's clothings are showing more than they did in the anime (methinks)... Are they gonna repeat the same thing they did to her in Movie 7? :s

Mugiwara_no_Jack

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Don't know but the poster looks gr8 :D

white silver

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
My gosh I hope someone would do something illegal and record it on cinema.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I think it is not a bad idea to do this because some arguments giving the advantage of making such a movie

- Are people going to bother on a movie of an arc (of more then +40 episodes in the anime) of 2.5 hours which will be shorter then what we have already seen? No! Because people who follow one piece, will always have the important elements in their mind...
- Is it not awesome to see a better animated version by making a movie of it...
- We can recognize ourself in the story. While lots of movies are unpredictable, filler similar anime where you can bother yourself wiht its contents.