Discussion One Piece Pirate Warriors 4

Lexusflame

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Let's discuss!

What do you expect?
What are you looking forward to the most?
Who do you want to be playable?

For myself I want:

Katakuri
Big Mom
Kaido
Cracker
Bege (Big Father Form)
Queen

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
more robin closeups

McNuss

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I think Katakuri should be a given but all others that you mentioned are likely except that I don't think it will touch Wano Arc though maybe with DLCs. I don't think development of this game took long considering it has three predecessors already and Musou games are not very complex in terms of gameplay. However it still should have started way before the anime was even close to Wano Arc, which has just recently started. And they never put Manga-only stuff in Video games that would be a spoiler. So I don't think Kaido and Queen can be in.

All others should be in though, as they are necessary for the story. Where exactly did the last PW left off? After Dressrosa right? So I know Carrot has already been confirmed.

I think other characters aside from those you mentioned that could be included are:

Inu
Neko
Jack
Pedro
Koala (random fanservice like in Burning Blood)
Lucci (Post-TS)
Pekoms
Tamago
Vinsmokes
Brulee
Smoothie

My favorite would be Tamago but he is among the least likely as they rarely include the completely wacky characters... which is a huge miss-out imho as those are part of One Piece's unique charme. OP video games character selections always feel a bit like as if they came from a 12 year old's fan boy dream. Like sure you can play as Shanks in all of them, even though he barely moved his sword a few centimeters on both occasions where he actually did some stuff in manga canon...

Lexusflame

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think Katakuri should be a given but all others that you mentioned are likely except that I don't think it will touch Wano Arc though maybe with DLCs. I don't think development of this game took long considering it has three predecessors already and Musou games are not very complex in terms of gameplay. However it still should have started way before the anime was even close to Wano Arc, which has just recently started. And they never put Manga-only stuff in Video games that would be a spoiler. So I don't think Kaido and Queen can be in.

All others should be in though, as they are necessary for the story. Where exactly did the last PW left off? After Dressrosa right? So I know Carrot has already been confirmed.

I think other characters aside from those you mentioned that could be included are:

Inu
Neko
Jack
Pedro
Koala (random fanservice like in Burning Blood)
Lucci (Post-TS)
Pekoms
Tamago
Vinsmokes
Brulee
Smoothie

My favorite would be Tamago but he is among the least likely as they rarely include the completely wacky characters... which is a huge miss-out imho as those are part of One Piece's unique charme. OP video games character selections always feel a bit like as if they came from a 12 year old's fan boy dream. Like sure you can play as Shanks in all of them, even though he barely moved his sword a few centimeters on both occasions where he actually did some stuff in manga canon...
Kaido was revealed to be in game just yesterday so Wano character are definitely in play

King Moe

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Did they state what date it's coming out next year?

McNuss

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Kaido was revealed to be in game just yesterday so Wano character are definitely in play
Yeah I missed that but apparently they do an original story so I wouldn't expect too much. The Dragon Form is already spoiled by the opening, and Kaido himself debuted way before Wano. If they have Kaido, X. Drake, Jack and Hawkins, they can make it. I don't think One Piece Videogames go past the anime and if this releases in 2020, it can include Act 1 of Wano at most, you have to consider that a game is essentially complete some time before release and then comes internal testing and debugging and stuff.

I don't think anyone from Act 1 aside from Kaido, Hawkins and just maybe Jack qualifies for playable characters, we know way too little of Shutenmaru, Headliners are perceived as lame and no one wants to play as Orochi. I think Holdem and Orochi could make it as enemies though.

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
But man i can only hope i dont fuck up so bad like the last game. Was at 98% completion and then one morning (i am no morningperson) i overwrited my entire savefile. Still got the plat though

WILDCARD 1 7

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Movie charters like z, shiki,and bullet.
In fact they should add their story line on to the game some how.

TitaniumOxide

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I just googled Pirate Warriors 4 and read up about the whole fanchise. I never actually played any of these games yet nor have I played any dynasty warriors which people are saying PW games are like so when I do get it it will all be new to me. The only anime games I ever played besides pokeman was dbz budokai and budokai tenkaichi which was a looong time ago. Based on what I have read and saw though, I think I'm gonna start with PW3 then get PW4 when it comes out. Not gonna bother with PW2 since it doesn't follow the manga. And not bothering with PW1 because...I only have so much time lol.

Back on topic though, I'd like to play aa Katakuri. Zoro, Sanji, and Luffy is a must but those two are probably guaranteed to be playable characters.

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
So I just googled Pirate Warriors 4 and read up about the whole fanchise. I never actually played any of these games yet nor have I played any dynasty warriors which people are saying PW games are like so when I do get it it will all be new to me. The only anime games I ever played besides pokeman was dbz budokai and budokai tenkaichi which was a looong time ago. Based on what I have read and saw though, I think I'm gonna start with PW3 then get PW4 when it comes out. Not gonna bother with PW2 since it doesn't follow the manga. And not bothering with PW1 because...I only have so much time lol.

Back on topic though, I'd like to play aa Katakuri. Zoro, Sanji, and Luffy is a must but those two are probably guaranteed to be playable characters.
If you start: Fujitora is the most broken one for achievements. But enjoy its really fun

TitaniumOxide

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nah idc much for achievements. If it is story driven game I like to just go thru the game plus side quests. Don't care much for achievements but I do wanna use Fujitora.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
But man i can only hope i dont fuck up so bad like the last game. Was at 98% completion and then one morning (i am no morningperson) i overwrited my entire savefile. Still got the plat though
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

SUCKS TO BE YOU

/laughs in Luffy troll mode

Pirate Warriors 3 was a solid game, you'd enjoy it. I completed the story and all, but when the power went out, my data wiped out, so I have to start from scratch again. :(

It's fun to play as Luffy, Sanji, and Zoro.