1. Want to try an epicly kawaii RPG? Check this out!
  2. It's time for the Autumn Art contest! Submissions for Autumn Video Contest has begun. Create a video that fills our hearts with this year's fall.

The winner of the Chibi Avatar and Signature contest is Organizized! Congratulations!
  3. The Manga League is finally here!
  4. The new season of the Anime League is here!
  5. Join Shiki's quest through space to find new Nakama!
  6. [​IMG]
  7. Want to read legit manga from Mangahelpers?! Get in here!

Multi Season Overlord

Discussion in 'Anime Series' started by Demonspeed, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Valhalla777

Valhalla777 Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Winterfell
    Well its mostly about the fate of Foresight.
    In the web novel, Arche actually survives, but becomes Shalltear's pet plaything for a while. But later lives in a small cabin with her twin sisters on the 6th floor of Nazarick. At one point she even teaches Ainz how to dance. Thats everything i know cuz i have read only spoilers too. Havent actually read the web novel. But interesting to know there was a different outcome for the little Arche in the web novel, which was a result of a poll the author made for the fans. Basically the poll was if Arche survives or dies, and the fans voted that she survives. I think :hmm or was it vice versa and they voted to kill her in the actual novel. I forgot. I think it was the former.

Arjuna likes this.
  2. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

India
    I know this.

Valhalla777 likes this.
  3. Valhalla777

Valhalla777 Registered User

Winterfell
    Oh, then you did your research :verily

Arjuna likes this.
  4. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

India
  5. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Spider #7

Global Moderator

France
    Enri the Goblin Master! :nunogasm

What was the condition to summon such a powefrul army? Does she have a special skill or something?

niichan likes this.
  6. Jammin

Jammin Androssi Worshiper

Mangahelper

United States
    Remember her command skills that were hinted at earlier. By leading the Goblins and Ogres all this time she's steadily boosted her skill levels and unlocked job classes.

Farmer Level 1
    Sergeant Level 1
    Commander Level 2
    General Level 2

So when she used the horn of the Goblin General this time she was literally a Goblin General.

By the way in terms of strength this Goblin Army is stronger than the kingdom army and the imperial army combined. Warlord Enri Emmot just became a superpower.:XD

niichan, Arjuna and Demonspeed like this.
  7. Admiral Teach

Admiral Teach Registered User

Water Tribe
    And she doth swear Allegiance to Lord Ainz.:cheez

With the Great Tomb of Nazarick, of course, but it is the same thing. Such power does Ainz-sama wield. Jirkniv really should have just prostrated himself as I keep saying.:teehee Oh well...

8. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

India
    Awesome episode.

@Jammin so we are getting that 30 mins treatment next episode?

9. niichan

niichan Swordsmith

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Administrator

Germany
    Enri the Goblin Master! :zomg

That was definitely surprising, started grinning after the third of fourth new Goblin unit lol. My highlight prolly was Ainz going full power "Huuuh!?" (+Regina) at the sight too, it's a pretty fascinating thing if people who usually are so on top of everything are really surprised as well (by someone not called Demiurge) :XD

And I was missing all the crazy faces we had in Season 1, they handled the scene with Regina so well :pleased (prolly by far my fav Nazarick maid introduced so far)

Not sure what to expect from the next (final?) episode but one-sided slaughter lol, but Overlord keeps surprising you in interesting ways.

Jammin likes this.
  10. Jammin

Mangahelper

United States
    Figured you and Demon would be pleased and shocked to discover the villagers not only don't get an unhappy ending but become kind of an awesome story of triumph.

The only bit about the episode I was disappointed by was that CG for the goblin army was as bad as it was. I really feel like if they had managed to get the moment animated properly it would have looked 100x cooler. Especially all the various Goblin divisions.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 18, 2018 at 8:16 PM, Original Post Date: Sep 18, 2018 at 8:14 PM ---
    The moment was good enough anyway but if they had been able to do things like have the goblin palidin's armor gleam in the sunlight and give the goblin assasin's a more menacing feel... it could have been better than it was.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018 at 9:43 PM
    niichan likes this.
  11. niichan

niichan Swordsmith

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Administrator

Germany
    Haha yes, that was great. Really looking forward to how she and the village will develop from now on.

And I'm with you regarding the animation. I think it's one of the things that holds the series back at times. Most often it doesn't need flashy animation, but it would be great if they could deliver in the few cases it does. On the other hand I heard most people are happy with how they portray Overlord and convey the "mood" of the show, so there's that ofc. No use crying over spilled milk I guess, it still was a great moment.

Jammin likes this.
  12. Jammin

Mangahelper

United States
    To be fair it's not hard to imagine how the conversation with the animators about the prospect of animating five thousand goblins went.

Boss: "Hey, guys would you mind animating five thousand goblins?"

Staff:[​IMG]

Boss: "Ok, we'll use CG..."
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 19, 2018 at 4:36 AM, Original Post Date: Sep 18, 2018 at 9:53 PM ---
    Doubt it. We got two more episodes that should be even more awesome than this one. But that's more than enough time to cover everything.

What I'm curious about is if we'll get a Season 4 announcement at the end of the final episode. There are 4 LNs left right now for them to work with. If they wanted to they could keep going. Unless they want to wait until there are more built up.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018 at 4:41 AM
    Arjuna and niichan like this.
  13. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

India

Hmmm I heard vol 12 is the best?

14. Jammin

Mangahelper

United States
    Can't say. As I haven't read it.

I stopped at book 10 but got exposed to spoilers so I know what comes after So I can't speak to much beyond this season in terms of favorites. I really like the1st and the 3rd. As well as 5 and 6 which is the Sebas Climb arc. As well as pretty much every book with the exception of volume 7 which I really do hate. I'd say 9 and 10 are both also very very strong though. And knowing what happens in volume 12 there is just no way it's not great.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.