Discussion People who can beat peak Mel

MrSchmitty7

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Country
United States
Title is self explanatory. Just a list of people who you think are as strong/ are normally underestimated who can combat peak Mel. Feel free to add or disagree. I believe this thread is necessary since Mel is such a focus and deserves his own thread as he is clogging up all other threads. Side note: His magic shouldn't be counted as we have no clue how to scale it, what weaknesses it has, and because he never used it in the past.

1. King: I say new King because he is able to easily injure The Original Demon who is was created to be the demon king's servant. King did this while nerfed and while still getting used to his power. Also since he has access to the spirit tree he should be a respected deity at the least. Mel isn't a deity without all the commandments.

2. The One: I say The One going off of how he managed to shock Chandler and Cusack. Cusack said that no one has ever breached ON (which means anyone who has been confirmed to have fought Zel hasn't done so) and since it is stated by Mel that he fought Zel in the past it stands to reason that he would've needed full counter to do this. Since Escanor can do this with one attack and while not in the presence of the sun and while being confirmed as not having peak strength he should be stronger regardless.

3. Mael The One: Same explanation as Escanor

4. Elizabeth: Doubtful, but nakaba has stated in an interview that he has hidden power stored for her future. So maybe

Napstablook

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Country
Singapore
Ban: Training against the DK for 60 years will do wonders to your power level. Even before fighting DK, Mel hinted that Ban was far above the level of a commandment. It is only natural to rationalise that Ban is currently at the very least King level, who is also above Peak Mel.

Wild: That pig managed to put a dent in the DK's armor when Mel and Eliz combined could not do so. Enough said.

GreaterForce

Country
England
Ludociel probably can as well, seeing as to how it was revealed being in Margaret's body forced him to hold back and what with his power level being superior to Cusack and Chandler's, who were confirmed to be the strongest demons outside of the Demon King, which should include Meliodas. With that being said, Cusack and Chandler would probably win as well, their physicals are just too much, and Chandler has too many and too powerful techniques for the brick Meliodas to handle. Cusack could also take over his mind, so that's GG.

Eternita

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Country
United Kingdom
Merlin.
She has yet to have her gaiden and ST release. Cusack said she had a true power that would destroy Zel because she is a monster, and she was the only reason they felt they needed to go Sinnner or they would all be fodder. Sorry But Mel can't compete. She has hidden power and the secret plot of the truth with the sages and rulers, her not having a staff and much more.

Diane.
Because she hasn't had her powerup, but we are told she would surpass drole and just like king will most likely powerup drawing her power from a source. And that source is the earth itself. Sorry but earth greater than Mel. So Diane most likely will get a power of strength and endurance that reduces Mel to complete fodder in that regards.
However it depends on her base and the potential of her dance and how nakaba wants her to grow.

MrSchmitty7

Country
United States
Merlin.
She has yet to have her gaiden and ST release. Cusack said she had a true power that would destroy Zel because she is a monster, and she was the only reason they felt they needed to go Sinnner or they would all be fodder. Sorry But Mel can't compete. She has hidden power and the secret plot of the truth with the sages and rulers, her not having a staff and much more.

Diane.
Because she hasn't had her powerup, but we are told she would surpass drole and just like king will most likely powerup drawing her power from a source. And that source is the earth itself. Sorry but earth greater than Mel. So Diane most likely will get a power of strength and endurance that reduces Mel to complete fodder in that regards.
Not only that, but Nakaba unitentionally made her broken. Double impact and then constant teleport makes her unbeatable. He doesn't realize what he did

MrSchmitty7

Country
United States
Assuming Meliodas can compete with an Indura, Hawk Mama should be easily capable of eliminating him, considering what she did to Baruja in the movie.
Indura should be some of the strongest things in the demon realm as so far the only ways we've seen of beating them are sealing or mind control probably

Eternita

Country
United Kingdom
Not only that, but Nakaba unitentionally made her broken. Double impact and then constant teleport makes her unbeatable. He doesn't realize what he did
Exactly she is broken tier, he does know that why he always has someone comment that she is unfair. He did it the first time, and he did it again. He never does that with Mel. So even the author agrees mel is fodder compared to the broken Merlin.

Eternita

Country
United Kingdom
If we were to measure potential, given that Wild is insanely strong, a theoretical "Peak Hawk" would be stronger than a Peak Mel.
If we want to judge Mel's power from his potential. Well Hawk's potential is by far greater. Wild and Hawk mama proves it. So Hawk is technically stronger than Meliodas when he awakens his true nature!

GreaterForce

Country
England
Theoretical peak Hawk scales to peak Wild, who dented the Demon King and deflected a serious Demon Kings attack and also survived thousands of encounters with him, while Meliodas died after just one. He also scales to Hawk Mama, who bodied Indura Baruja. Even the Induras of 2 characters only barely above the 50k mark in Monspiet and Derriere just after transformation are Mel+ tier, so yeah, peak Hawk actually scales above peak Mel by a consierable amount.

Honestly, forget Mel, he might even approach Elizabeth tier. But only maybe.

OtakuFreak

Country
Fun Forum
I'm assuming for the purposes of this discussion we are going to mention Prime Meliodas. Before anybody brings in the ''OG Magic'' and attempts to use it as a significant point of talk, stop right there criminal scum, this magic is unidentified, unknown and most of all was never used by Meliodas until his moment in Purgatory - so it has little relevance to this discussion.

Well, might as well start with a list.

Supreme Deity/Demon King - Should be fairly simple to comprehend, giving how Meliodas was easily killed by them, cursed for 3000 years and mentions that only one with equal par to them is able to break the curse, which he is only able to do once he has successfully absorbed all ten commandments, indirectly stating he isn't at there level. People can mention OG magic, but it really won't make a difference besides making the Gods probably put a little bit more effort into deleting someone than what would usually be required.

Mael (with sun) - Meliodas only rival and strongest competitor in the Goddess Clan, we saw what Escanor was capable of doing to a 142,000 Meliodas with Noon active, someone with a base that is at the higher end of the top tier scale among the Goddesses & Demons with the sun blessing on top shouldn't even be double questioned on whether or not he can defeat Prime Meliodas. Late morning, near noon/noon is when Mael easily surpasses Meliodas IMO

The Original Demon (TOD) - We don't know the specific strength of TOD, but given he was the first demon to be created, ''destined'' to become the Demon King's right hand man entrusted with a large portion of his power which eventually ended up threatening his throne, we should roughly assume he's comparable or beyond Prime Meliodas.

Goddess Elizabeth - As one of the highest ranked Goddesses said to be comparable to Ludoshel, Mael & Prime Meliodas, I wouldn't be surprised if she was capable of defeating Meliodas in battle. After all, she has comparable power and was someone to approach Meliodas & Zeldris on the battlefield without fear, showing she is fully confident in her own strength, especially when she confronted 5 of the Ten Commandments at once and was ready to take them on if necessary. Her greatest feat was being on the threshold of defeating the Indura despite it being a 1V2. Given how she was the person who changed Meliodas from a merciless killer to a kind-hearted captain of the sins, I'm definitely going to say that she can at least hold her own against Meliodas, or if not, even beat him. People can disagree, but we still don't know the full extent of Elizabeth's abilities, especially when those ''light wings'' seem to act as a power boost, pushing her even higher in strength.

Ludoshel - Said to be comparable to Prime Meliodas as well, given how his overall power is pretty much equal to Elizabeth's with the expression of wing size, length & width, I'd definitely say he has a chance at defeating Meliodas, especially when his blessing ''Flash'' would allow him to outspeed Meliodas and bypass FC.

Indura - These demons completely overwhelmed the Four Archangels and were even able to resist Elizabeth's magic, which is pretty much the strongest among the top tier combatants, though I would argue they wouldn't have been able to stalemate against her if the fight was a legitimate 1V1. Despite this, they are pretty OP and could make Meliodas sweat.

Mother Of Chaos - I'm pretty much speculating here, but assuming since she was the light & darkness that both top two clans either feared or respected, I'm going to assume she probably has the power comparable to top tier fighters, which could allow her to defeat Meliodas.

Cusack/Chandler - Given how Merlin did say these were the strongest demons in existence outside of the Demon King, suggests they are even superior to Prime Meliodas. Now, assuming so they would obviously be deserving of this list, but even without, I'd believe they could have the potential to defeat Meliodas - after all, Chandler did teach Meliodas all he has, so he'd be perfectly capable of beating him.

King - I'm sure I don't really need to explain this one given King's new power, but given how he did defeat a 200K Angel, injure TOD and Zeldris in unfavourable circumstances, does lead me to suspect he could definitely defeat Meliodas.

Demon Gowther - Bit of a stretch, but this guy was strong enough to force the Demon King to take action against him, by sealing him in a jail and essentially claiming his power as his own. Invasion is pretty ''hax'' by nature, so even if Meliodas was stronger Gowther would still be a considerable threat, especially when he was able to brainwash everyone for thousands/millions of years with a forbidden spell.

Merlin - If she gets any time to prepare or figure out Meliodas weaknesses, she'll be fully capable of defeating him, after all it was said Meliodas didn't want to make an enemy out of her and even showed caution in her presence.

Ban - Unsure, but he could simply ''succ'' all of Meliodas strength and use it to defeat him?

Escanor (Noon) - Doubtful, since he has only a minute opportunity to defeat Meliodas, but he'd certainly be able to injure him.

Regardless or not if the characters mentioned above could defeat Meliodas or not, I still believe they all could give Meliodas a hard time or a run for his money. Meliodas is strong, but with the correct conditions he can be defeated.

Those are my thoughts, feel free to disagree and rage at me, but please me prepared to be thoroughly embarrassed and ''debunked'' if you try to do so :hurr

Estarossa173

Country
United States
King
SD
DK
Mael
Escanor (The One ONLY)
MoC (Don’t know much about her strength but I’ll put her here anyway)
Ludociel (maybe)
TOD
Demon Gowther (maybe)
Merlin(if and only IF she’s prepared)

And that’s it. Of course, this ain’t factoring in his Original power. Once we do find out what it is and what limitations there are, I bet almost half the people on my list will be gone.

I’m not putting indura here because I think people are overestimating their strength.

BurlapJack

Country
American Samoa
Dk/sd

King

Merlin

One mael

Sdm plus ON zeldris (or more favorably ASSAULT mode)

And last but not least,

Himself

Tragicdeath

Country
United States
Well so far King is out of this world and he could probably beat peaked Mel. Mael with sunshine at 12nn could obliterate peak Mel. Elizabeth without emotion and releasing her true power might beat peak Mel. Current Ban could potentially beat peak Mel but still need to be seen. Merlin wisely using her infinity could also potentially beat peak Mel. The sinner might have the power that could potentially beat peak Mel. Escanor at one state could beat peak Mel without a doubt. Last but not the least Hawk, Hawk Mama and Wild could beat peak Mel.

Shadowlord123

Country
Spain
- Demon King/Supreme Deity: Pretty self-explanatory, these two are the most powerful characters of the verse right now and Mel needs all the 10C to be on their level as stated by himself.
- The Sinner: As the fusion of two of the Highest Ranked Demons, this dude probably easily bypases the 300.000 mark, he should have all the abilities that Chandler and Cusack have + a sealed OG Magic that he couldn't use because he was split in two. He's easily the strongest demon besides the DK himself as of now (not taking into account Mel's OG Magic as of now).
- Near Noon to Noon Mael: We haven't even seen him but considering that he was supposed to be pretty much equal to Mel, Escanor's feats with Sun and Ludo claiming that he can't keep up with him in that state, Near Noon to Noon Mael should have the edge over Prime Mel IMO.
- King (Fully Grown Wings): He was able to fodderize a 200.000+ Mael like nothing, made the Sinner bleed through his guard and overwhelmed Zeldris (these last two things while being nerfed to only summon one form+his magic was being exhausted faster). He also has pretty good chances of being stronger than Prime Mel.
- Ban (Post Purgatory): Ban survived against the DK for more than 60 years. His durability should be insane and his Snatch ability should be far above compared to before. He was even able to make the DK kneel (even if it was partially thanks to the Ruler it was an impressive feat nonetheless). Add to this the fact that he still needs to recover his Sacred Treasure and Ban is easily one of the most OP characters right now (with immortality he would be even stronger IMO).
- Mother of Chaos: She overwhelmed an Indura like Baruja, who should be no weaker than the likes of Indura Mons and Derieri, who were overwhelming three of the four AA. Considered to have darkness that demons fear and light that Goddesses respect. Not to mention that she is probably nerfed since her true skin is white and the green skin probably acts as a nerf.
- Wild (Full Throttle): This pig was able to actually damage the DK a little bit and push him back for some moments. Not to mention that he has survived against the DK for more than 120.000+ battles and overwhelmed Ban and Emo Mel before the 60 years of battle (all of this without Full Throttle).
- Escanor (The One): He already won against him, the motion of his hand was able to completely K.O. him. Of course, that wasn't a fully powered AM Mel, but considering his feats as of now I wouldn't be surprised if he was still stronger than awakened AM Mel.

Out of all the characters I listed, the ones I'm sure that are stronger than him are the DK, SD, The Sinner, Noon Mael and Mother of Chaos. I have my doubts for the rest, but I'd slightly give them the edge against him.

There are other characters that could probably face him without getting instantly fodderized like: Indura Monspeet, Indura Derieri, Ludo (OG Body), Eli (OG Body), Chandler (True Form), Cusack (True Form), Zeldris (ON+2nd DM) and probably 4C Mael. Even though all of these are weaker than him in my opinion, I don't think the difference between them is that huge for Mel to fodderize them.

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Country
India
SD and DK no doubt

Possibly Mael in his Sunshine mode One

King based on his current hype

Escanor One

Ban if he is really that strong.

TOD

MOC

Arthur in his full potential.

Last edited:

eefrit

What's Up Danger
Mangahelper
Country
United States
I'm still not totally sure what Mel's peak was supposed to be so...I guess I'll use Ludociel as the base since they were apparently comparable.

King:
He's currently the strongest character in Britannia going by his performance. First Demon hasn't used his magic yet, but he should be a physical monster and King broke through his defenses and made him retreat.

Ban
Mel's main thing is his physical strength, so this new Ban would basically be his worst match. If their previous dynamic is still in play, Ban should also be faster than Mel.

Noon Mael
Probably the strongest person during the Holy War outside of the Gods.

First Demon
Most likely the strongest Demon after the DK.

True Cusack and True Chandler
I imagine their physical strength supersedes a lot of other characters. I wouldn't be surprised if their strength stat alone is over 150k, which would be rather significant.

The One
We got a bit of proof towards this.

Last edited:

Commanderaxe

Country
United States
Mostly everyone you mentioned has a chance(except Eliz and maybe "The One" Escanor if one was to base off of Zeldris's words) can win. Merlin is a maybe as the only reason she defeated the Masters were because they underestimated her, not to mention she was able to create the traps around the arena only because the master's movements were restricted due to ON. So she had those two factors going for her from the get go. Mel is already well aware of her abilities and intelligence and wouldn't just allow her to teleport around the battlefield spell trapping everything so easily. It'd be a far more direct confrontation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)