Discussion People who could leave the Hero class

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
This thread is for the discussion of people who could leave the Hero classes of UA.
There have been many times speculations about people leaving because they could become evil and join the villains (Bakugo, Todoroki or Ida), but there is also the chance for people to be thrown out of the class if Aizawa-Sensei thinks they are not good enough any more.

So far i see two people who could be thrown out: Kaminari and Toru.
These 2 showed poor results in the sports festival, had low ranks in the entrance exam (Toru place 16 and Kaminari place 20), had low ranks in the Quirk apprehension test of Aizawa-Sensei (Toru place 18 and Kaminari place 16) and Kaminari failed the end term test.
If anyone would be seen as not good enough anymore i think these 2 are the highest chances.

Wookitake

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Kaminari's quirk is strong, at least is one that, given the right amount of training (allowing him use it more), could be OP. The other day we were talking about the poison-guy. Well, Kaminari can paralyse almost everyone at a nice radius already, in a sense they're a bit similar (and he could stop him a bit as well, because of his long range). He won't go (also, he's top 10 popularity-wise).

Aoyama and Tooru, not being the mole, could possibly leave the Hero dpt. Aoyama can't cope with pressure.

Demonspeed

Scientist
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't expect Kaminari to leave, rather I am expecting him to become one of the strongest. His Quirk is pretty strong and being part of the remedial class should motivate him enough to train more.

I am thinking about Aoyama leaving too, he and Uraraka have the lowest results among those who passed and he has been unimpressive so far though I am sure Horikoshi has something planned for him even if he said he himself doesn't understand the character. He appeared quite a lot in the first chapters.

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Aoyama could also be a candidate. His Quirk would be in the same league like Kaminari's, if they could control it better they would get much stronger.

Demonspeed

Scientist
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I'd not say that Aoyama's Quirk is as good as Kaminari's, from what we know so far at least. Sure, lasers are powerful and with his costume he can use shoot it from other areas than his navel but it's truly effective at long range and it gets predictable over time.It doesn't help that he feels the need to make his pose everytime he uses it.

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I think Aoyama's laser is better than Kaminari's electricity because it has more versatility . The laser was strong enough to cut one of the entrance exam robots, it must have some kind of strength limitation to not hurt human flesh because he used it against Mina in the sports festival, he can use it as as something like an accelerator and depending on his suit he can even change from where he shoots it. If Aoyama wouldn't be all about "it has to look stylish" he could be a stronger person. Instead of knee pad lasers he maybe could have requested finger shooting lasers, hand shooting lasers or eye shooting lasers.

Kaminari's electricity just looks like it can be released to attack. If he could learn new attacks/techniques and become like Cole MacGrath from the inFamous games, then i would see Kaminari in a new light. Cole can use his electricity to create electric grenades, rockets, perform instant CPR, create electric shackles and even fly.
Also, right now the disadvantage of an overuse of Kaminari's Quirk looks much worse than Aoyama's.