Character - Phil Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Character Phil Thread

Aonori

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
http://yakusokunoneverland.wikia.com/wiki/Phil
Phil, the misterious kid, of Grace fields Farm, with a apparent capacity to crack Morse codes easily at a very young age (4 I think? (correct me if I´m wrong)) and with apparent knowledge feats, since he´s the most smart along the youngest kids, it´s unknown if he has other knowledge feats but as far as Minerva stuff is concerned, Phil always seems to have some sort of role to play, is it a coincidence or a far more larger connection all together though?:teach

This thread will be dedicated to discuss Phil´s overall character right now and hoe he progresses as this series goes.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
http://yakusokunoneverland.wikia.com/wiki/Phil
Phil, the misterious kid, of Grace fields Farm, with a apparent capacity to crack Morse codes easily at a very young age (4 I think? (correct me if I´m wrong)) and with apparent knowledge feats, since he´s the most smart along the youngest kids, it´s unknown if he has other knowledge feats but as far as Minerva stuff is concerned, Phil always seems to have some sort of role to play, is it a coincidence or a far more larger connection all together though?:teach

This thread will be dedicated to discuss Phil´s overall character right now and hoe he progresses as this series goes.
I have a feeling that Phil may be a spy sent by the HQ.He is acting as a mole.Too mysterious.

Ability to decipher Morse Codes,maybe he was trained in this act.

Dlanor_A.Knox

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Wouldn't it be funny if Emma, Norman & Ray all died or thought dead and Phil becomes the new MC.
Making all the chapters that have happened a build up to how Phil & co. will escape the Farm 5 years from now.
Don & Gilda will also be there to help him and sacrifice themselves.

Kadir0

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Is it me or Phil is becoming a meme?

Whether it's youtube reviews, forums and reddit, one tiny insignificant Phil panel fills half of the thread with his name. makes half of the comments fill with him. lol

Every action the poor little kid does, he'll always be the suspect xD

BasedAnon

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
There is a really weird theory in the jap fandom that Phil is supposed to play a similar role as Israfil.
They got there from اسرافيل -> イスラーフィール -> イスラフェル -> イスラフィル -> フィル
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israfil

I really don't wish to get into this at all. Super weird.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Not too sure how they came to that conclusion.

Kalyra

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Phil is too cute :( I don't think he's evil, I think he's confronting Isabella because he doesn't want to believe it? He's been the real wild card all along.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Phil is too cute :( I don't think he's evil, I think he's confronting Isabella because he doesn't want to believe it? He's been the real wild card all along.
Hmm, how about this?
We know that Emma agreed to have all the kids into the plan, and tney all agreed to follow her and listened to all she was saying.
But, what if there was a kid who despite knowing the truth, didn't change their view point on Mama, or the farm in general. A kid who had come to love Mama as their own parent, so despite what happens, they won't turn from Mama.
That kid might be Phil.
I won't be surprised if we don't see what happens to them next chapter, but we get a timeskip where a few years later Isabella is with Phil, taking care of him as her own son. The two living together.
Or, Phil could be Isabella's son :s:blink
I would legit lose it if that happens :XD

Aonori

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Hmm, how about this?
We know that Emma agreed to have all the kids into the plan, and tney all agreed to follow her and listened to all she was saying.
But, what if there was a kid who despite knowing the truth, didn't change their view point on Mama, or the farm in general. A kid who had come to love Mama as their own parent, so despite what happens, they won't turn from Mama.
That kid might be Phil.
I won't be surprised if we don't see what happens to them next chapter, but we get a timeskip where a few years later Isabella is with Phil, taking care of him as her own son. The two living together.
Or, Phil could be Isabella's son :s:blink
I would legit lose it if that happens :XD
Or maybe there's no real love from phil to mama here but rather he suffered from genetic experiments to make him obedient to demons.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Or maybe there's no real love from phil to mama here but rather he suffered from genetic experiments to make him obedient to demons.
Phil as a genetic abnormality would explain his creepiness and also any possible "omg" moment he may be about to pull lol. I mean really, who even smiles that much? :facepalm

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Wouldn't that ruin his quality as a final product?
So that would mean he's off the list to be shipped out at the age of 12?

Aonori

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Wouldn't that ruin his quality as a final product?
So that would mean he's off the list to be shipped out at the age of 12?
I´ve been thinking about that, but as long as he has at least average full score knowledge (which we know he has way above) and has good physical shape the demons will be happy with the final product, plus it was showcased multiple times, that uneeded stress for the produce could compromise the quality, if such stresses are already removed from Phil and he still learns at a acceptable rate, the demons wouldnt have anything to worry about.

I think Phil is clearly a genetic experiment by the demons, maybe the first one of his kind and other Full score like Norman, Emma and Ray, clearly had some very good genes put in them, so that as kids at such a young age they can already do stuff that in our world would take more old genius teenagers and humans to do, it´s also worth noticing that the demons take out the worst produce at 6 years old which suggests they are trying to do a process of domestication of humans as their cattle as they are taking out the trash early, so that only the best domesticated produce remains, that along with genetic manipulation experiments during birth would explain why there´s a clear knowledge gap between full scores like Krone and Isabella when it comes to the new generation, the only thing they exceed at them is literally physical strength, thats the only way I see their downfall seem legit.

These demons applying a bunch of stuff humans have been doing for a long while to our world seems a interesting concept also if Phil is a one of a kind experiment, it´s very likely that the demons could be planning on using him as a breeder for the remainder of his life once he hits 12, so he´d be safe from becoming food.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
So now it's confirmed that Phil is just a really cute, sweet, smart, loving child :zomg I'm actually relieved. The theories that were flying around were making him out to be this Darth Vader mastermind lol. But Phil is an example of just how exceptional and well adjusted Isabella's products kids are. Healthy, happy and insightful, Grace Fields really does meet a high standard. I do wonder if the burden of being the only one left (possibly) that knows the secrets of the farm will change his character. I mean we saw the toll it took on Ray, he felt so guilty and thought he should be punished for helplessly watching his siblings be shipped out. For now Phil has something to look forward to within the two year time frame, but a lot can happen in the meantime. I hope he can maintain this sweetness, seeing him break down, then try so hard to be brave last chapter really broke my heart :pout

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
So now it's confirmed that Phil is just a really cute, sweet, smart, loving child :zomg I'm actually relieved. The theories that were flying around were making him out to be this Darth Vader mastermind lol.
This page killed all the Phil theories lol.:p
I feel as if Phil's reaction here is what the genuine reaction should be when the kids realize that they live in an orphanage. In a way, he embodies the perfect product, a kid who's been raised without knowing what's going on outside, and with lots of love and care. Maybe that's why he has exceptionally high scores?
Norman and Ray for all their high scores have sort of weird aspects about their personalities (Ray's pessisimism and Norman's dark nature). But Phil is sort of a blank slate. In some ways he's even purer than Emma.
Does that make sense?
For now Phil has something to look forward to within the two year time frame, but a lot can happen in the meantime. I hope he can maintain this sweetness, seeing him break down, then try so hard to be brave last chapter really broke my heart :pout
Could this be a death flag? :blink
If Isabella catches on to what Phil's aim is (she seems to have already done that), she might insist on him being shipped out soon.
He's technically the one with the next highest scores after the trio, so this time they could make an exception and ship him out sooner. Would that make sense?

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I am really sorry Phil for thinking you to be Hakudoshi.

And yeah please don't die.